Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv (39027 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
ikechiozo: ASUU national executives act based on instructions given by the members. As at the time of meeting with the president the standing instruction was to discuss the 2009 agreement, which the government took a new position. The NEC took this new position for the members to agree on, which they agreed and requested the CBN to be a part of it. I hope you understand now!
really?? then why are some universities already pulling out
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by bharyur2103(m): 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
It's bewildering to witness this level of intellectual masturbation by nigerian students.All the conditions,besides that which involves the immediate payment of salaries being owed to lecturers,are meant to ensure this imbroglio does not repeat itself in the future.We all know the FG is famous for reneging on its promises.Why would the FG result to the use of force when all the union demands is well within the implementation of the agreement reached?I am also a student who wants to go back to school but I won't allow my emotional attachment to the situation influence my opinion.Don't get me wrong,ASUU is not and had never been my favourite union but I think the FG's latest action is that of a government that has absolutely no intention of implementing the agreement.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by itsmine: 5:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
i remember d Unilorin guys. most of them could not live tot tell d story!
ASUU don fall my hand, mediocres are now at their helm. dem dey reason like Union of Truckpushers.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
faftop: why am i having d feeling... dat dy were paid to do these
even if they were paid,it points to d obvious point that ASUU is now divided..
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Forwetinnah: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
Anything done out of spite and greed ends shamefully..ASUU leadership is a sham!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by unmask: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sajio: .... Thank God u'v travelled out †̥ see for ur self... Did u ask the reason they are being paid such huge amount of money?? 1. They don't produce half-backed graduates †̥ their country. 2. They don't sell handouts †̥ their students. 3. They don't oppress the students. 4, they don't take bribe †̥ pass students. 5. They don't force their female student †̥ bed. 6. They are not curtist.7. They don't use 10yrs lesson note †̥ teach their student 8. They are proud of their job. 9.they are not lazy lecturers. Finally they are not greedy but contended with their pay... Plz learn †̥ be a good judge....
a thief comes to your house to rob, what do you do? You call the police...depending on how effective the policing structure has been set, the thief gets apprehended..........same with bad lecturers, you report a bad one, and depending on how effective monitoring group set by the university or Government is, you can rid yourself of such lecturers........................................
My position still remains, if your lecturers can fight for better pay and working environment, then what stops you a student from demanding only the best from them?....you have the student union, NANS etc.......you pay them dues, they represent you.....so let them do the battle with you as a body...........and I think it is wrong to accuse ASUU over the excesses of lecturers......when you as a student would rather pay for an 'A' instead of the 'D' you would have gotten if you had reported a lecturer that unjustly gave you a 'F'
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
odua son: Thank you very much!at last one right thinking nigerian student,the others brains seem to be in reverse mode.To them ASUU is wicked to demand for a complete restructuring in the nigeria university sector.
They keep screaming they want to go back to school when they are still going to resume in the same shitty schools with dilapitated structures,outdated equipments,congested classrooms and so many other ills in their various universities.
All you educated illiterates should get this into your dull and rusty brains,ASUU is not fighting for increament in lecturers salaries but for the betterment of the nigerian education system,No nigerian university is among the top 5000 universities in the world!!that shows the depth at which the standard of education has fallen in this country.So be supportive and stop being ungrateful to the selfless and fearless ASUU members who are fighting for something you lots are too cowardly to embark on.You students are still going to be the biggest beneficiaries in the longrun.
Nuff said
o.y.o lo wa mr man
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by judajix(m): 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
I did like to clarify something
Salaries are not paid till the strikes are ended.... That is after the suspension all suspended salaries would be paid...... Then as for those saying most of their children are abroad..... Many dubai rich folks send their children to d us to study.... It falls to how much u have and what you want and don't ever think any nigerian university would be as good as Harvard and more so...... Source says all faggies children are studying abroad..... Then no president will take that shit of having to do a fresh signing with with folks that were involved with what he discussed with a group...... As for the nation entirely...... This country can't change over night....... Mark my words..... Ghana is as small as Oyo state in population and it took them 3 years to resolute so imagine how long it will take nigerian

Pls if u are passionate about dispersing knowledge get back to work
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by unmask: 5:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
Olril18:
ASUU doesn't hold the keys to the universities, Nasuu does.....so the schools have been opened throughout the strike....ASUU just withdrew academic services which is one of the many pillars of tertiary institutions..........
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 5:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
Tadon200:
you've said it all. am a student also but the infrastructure in this our schools is bad and something must happen. am fully behind ASUU .
u cant even be a student!! poor young fool.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
Tadon200:
you see yourself ,your selfishness and gullible mindset will not make you look beyond your nose. If you end of graduating and you can't find a good job you will know what assumed is fighting for.
such an idiot...like if ASUU is d..one creating jobs,or. striking will improve employment rate..

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by unmask: 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
judajix: I did like to clarify something
Salaries are not paid till the strikes are ended.... That is after the suspension all suspended salaries would be paid...... Then as for those saying most of their children are abroad..... Many dubai rich folks send their children to d us to study.... It falls to how much u have and what you want and don't ever think any nigerian university would be as good as Harvard and more so...... Source says all faggies children are studying abroad..... Then no president will take that shit of having to do a fresh signing with with folks that were involved with what he discussed with a group...... As for the nation entirely...... This country can't change over night....... Mark my words..... Ghana is as small as Oyo state in population and it took them 3 years to resolute so imagine how long it will take nigerian

Pls if u are passionate about dispersing knowledge get back to work
Fine then Jonathan should sign in conjunction with his chiefs that if ASUU resumes, they would pay all their salaries......as for saudi princes going abroad we are not saying the leaders shouldn't take their children abroad......we just want them to fix our universities to a point where even their kids won't mind coming to our schools....surely you can't tell me saudi princes can't attend saudi schools
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Tonitelli: 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
This is serious o!!!!see as students, or should I say children, are here chewing ASUU out for being wise and careful.you have been at home for 5 months..bla bla bla!!!abeg make una allow us hear word...some of us passed through the system when we were at home for 6months...9 months!!!And that was when the military that don't send anybody were in power....do you think it was easy??
Has it even remotely occurred to your infantile minds that this would not have even gone this long if your government had their priorities right??if Wike had spent more time talking with ASUU instead of chasing ameachi all over the place??If President Jonathan had not spent his time thinking of how to outmaneuver nPDP and all sorts??if this so called 13hr meeting had come in the 2nd or 3rd month of the strike??
And what if he had a 13hr meeting??didnt they tell him they would take his message back to their NEC??what have they come back to ask for that is bad??"Oga,abeg,we gree..but make u sign am for paper..the last one wey we sign wit perm sec na una talk say that one no go work..so make ur attorney general and central bank gov or finance minister follow put hand just in case if u drink ogogoro wake up forget wetin we yarn.."
It's simple.you are a sincere govt.they want you to show that by signing.SIGN!!!!
And by the way, they are entitled to thier salaries...they were fighting for the collective good of our university system...how some of you can actually say they should not be paid is wickedness!!so you would rather they keep quiet and allow the system go to rot and be collecting the salaries,abi??
And for them to say they don't want any of eir people victimized,it's because it has happened BEFORE!!!
Wetin ASUU do wey wrong say dem dey watch dem back, eh??i tire for una!!

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Adeolakk(m): 6:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by nwaiwuanthony(m): 6:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
FG can go to hell with their threat, their threat cannot hold water, ASUU don't give up.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by passionate88: 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
The Nigerian Labour Act 2004 is unambiguous. It states that labour unions can go on strike but no payment for the time outside work. Why is ASUU now demanding for salaries for the work not done? Who will the pay for the house rents of Nigerian Students for the period ASUU members were out of work? Who will compensate our needy and poor parents for the impending double money they will be paying when ASUU finaly resumes? Who will compensate those whose Mobilisation for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) ought to have been perfected since July for them to be mobilized for November? Who will compesate the thousands of students that missed the batch C Mobilisation as a result of ASUU strike? Who will pay for the wasted time, delayed destinies and ruined future of students?
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by curtain: 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: una dey see the kain person wey wan replace una lecturers? He can't even spell 'SOLDIER' correctly. With lecturers like this, no need to go to a University. GREAT NIGERIAN STUDENTS! I dey laugh
abi o! 'Soja-go-soja-come' safe found in ur own dictionary, hv its usage in vanacular just like all the other garbages that u spewed here, may be i will start by teaching u that vanacular words hv their own pronounciation and spellings when in use by africans. So if u are against my use of vanacular in conveying my message to ASUU, you can as well get-out-of-my-class. PERIOD!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by luvablesam(m): 6:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: una dey see the kain person wey wan replace una lecturers? He can't even spell 'SOLDIER' correctly. With lecturers like this, no need to go to a University. GREAT NIGERIAN STUDENTS! I dey laugh

lol.....dis girl no go kill me wit lafta...I still dey follow u...
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by curtain: 7:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
If any lecturer is not satisfied with the terms and conditions of lecturing, please tender your resignation letter and get another job simple. Lecturers have invaded nairaland and are propagating lies.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by jhidey08(m): 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
Olril18:
hw many universities do we av in Nigeria?? Hw many av pulled out
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Johnsinia(m): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
bharyur2103: It's bewildering to witness this level of intellectual masturbation by nigerian students.All the conditions,besides that which involves the immediate payment of salaries being owed to lecturers,are meant to ensure this imbroglio does not repeat itself in the future.We all know the FG is famous for reneging on its promises.Why would the FG result to the use of force when all the union demands is well within the implementation of the agreement reached?I am also a student who wants to go back to school but I won't allow my emotional attachment to the situation influence my opinion.Don't get me wrong,ASUU is not and had never been my favourite union but I think the FG's latest action is that of a government that has absolutely no intention of implementing the agreement.
dislike botton: 1000000 dislike. If FG to pay ASUU 4 4months to avert FG insincerity, what of we d studnts that ve almost lost a sectn due to ASUU?
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by walezy14(m): 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
Some ASUU members have been bribed and that was why they could no longer speak with one voice.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Chimzy2(m): 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
Tadon200:
who made them go on strike in the first place? was it not the same f.g ? so why should they not be paid. abi do you want them to resume class in empty stomach? if this is how you think you are a wicked man.
I totally disagree with u..not that am in support of ASUU or FG, but for the fact that am a concerned student as well...if u want the FG to pay dem their 5months salary,then who is going to pay for my expired house rent?..ASUU or FG...besides as a student ve sacrificed my time and my future so 5months salary shouldn't be too hard for ASUU to sacrifice..for the interest of the Nation..

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by olumide109(m): 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
We didn’t give ASUU ultimatum – Jonathanon November 30, 2013 at 8:01 pm in News
By Samuel Oyadongha, Yenagoa
President Jonathan has weekend, said his government did not give the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, an ultimatum to resume work or be sacked.
Fielding questions from newsmen, at the expanded caucus meeting of the Bayelsa State Peoples Democratic Party held at Government House, Yenagoa, the President said, the Supervising Minister of Education only passed on the decision of Committee of Vice Chancellors.
“We didn’t give them ultimatum; it was the Committee of Vice Chancellors that took that decision. The Supervising Minister of Education only passed on the decision.”
Jonathan also said the strike embarked upon by the ASUU was no longer a trade dispute , but a subversive action.
Jonathan
He said, “What ASUU is doing is no longer trade union. I have intervened in other labour issues before now, once I invite them they respond and after the meeting they take decision and call off the strike.
“At times we don’t even give them a long notice unlike, in the case of ASUU that was given four days notice before the meeting. As you are meeting to resolve trade disputes, you expect the trade unions to get their officials ready.
“What was expected having met with the highest authorities in the land for long hours, was for ASUU to immediately issue statement within 12 or latest 24 hours to state their position whether they were accepting government’s offer or not. And if they are not accepting they state the reason for that.
“But despite the fact that I had the longest meeting with ASUU in my political history, we did not start that meeting until around 2:00 pm and the meeting ended the next day in the early hours. As far as the government of Nigeria was concerned, all the critical people that should be in a meeting were there, so what else do they want?
“After that they didn’t meet until one week, despite the fact that you met with the highest authority. It was unfortunate one of them, Prof. Iyayi died.
“The way ASUU has conducted the matter shows they are extreme and when Iyayi died, they now said the strike was now indefinite, our children have been at home for over five months.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
Tonitelli: This is serious o!!!!see as students, or should I say children, are here chewing ASUU out for being wise and careful.you have been at home for 5 months..bla bla bla!!!abeg make una allow us hear word...some of us passed through the system when we were at home for 6months...9 months!!!And that was when the military that don't send anybody were in power....do you think it was easy??
Has it even remotely occurred to your infantile minds that this would not have even gone this long if your government had their priorities right??if Wike had spent more time talking with ASUU instead of chasing ameachi all over the place??If President Jonathan had not spent his time thinking of how to outmaneuver nPDP and all sorts??if this so called 13hr meeting had come in the 2nd or 3rd month of the strike??
And what if he had a 13hr meeting??didnt they tell him they would take his message back to their NEC??what have they come back to ask for that is bad??"Oga,abeg,we gree..but make u sign am for paper..the last one wey we sign wit perm sec na una talk say that one no go work..so make ur attorney general and central bank gov or finance minister follow put hand just in case if u drink ogogoro wake up forget wetin we yarn.."
It's simple.you are a sincere govt.they want you to show that by signing.SIGN!!!!
And by the way, they are entitled to thier salaries...they were fighting for the collective good of our university system...how some of you can actually say they should not be paid is wickedness!!so you would rather they keep quiet and allow the system go to rot and be collecting the salaries,abi??
And for them to say they don't want any of eir people victimized,it's because it has happened BEFORE!!!
Wetin ASUU do wey wrong say dem dey watch dem back, eh??i tire for una!!
Man sharraAap jare....... You met with a president for 13hrs which he (president) said was the longest of his political career and you didn't organise your members ready to give them the report buh rather told the president to give you some time and you will report back to him. You didn't state those fresh demands during the meeting ooo, you come later arrive with fresh stupid demands, what does that makes you? You actually thinks GEJ is a fool as published abi? He didn't give them any ultimatum buh pro chancellors did which wike expressed for them. All of una be thief, why you go dey ask for something you didn't deserve @ all. Shey una go compensate we students wey sit down for house for over 5 months? Final year students now had to sacrifice a whole year to this stupid strike. Shey the infrastructure wey you wan develop go increase employment for country or you fit carry your OAU certificate even if dem implement the agreement to canada come dey look for work abi?
Smellows
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
walezy14: Some ASUU members have been bribed and that was why they could no longer speak with one voice.
Ode ni e............... Na you bribe them abi? Was ASUU itself not bribed?
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by ChiziDaniels(m): 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]But sincerely ASUU HAS BITTEN MORE THAN THEY CAN CHEW!

I think the Federal Government has shown them enough respect!

It's time to face the music...
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Luchitec(m): 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
ASUU is now a big joke….an organization made up many unproductive lecturers. Revamping the universities is not the sole responsibility of the government, these lecturers should contribute too. How? In the West, reputable academics purchase equipment, hire research and student assistants from grants obtained from companies and organizations. In fact, in some universities research grant portfolio and publications are the key determinants for promotion. In Nigeria, some of these lecturers do zero research, deliver archaic/poorly developed lectures and yet they want to be remunerated at par with their colleagues abroad.

Honestly, some of the major proponents of this strike thing have no business being in the university. It beats my imagination how university dons with a plethora of things to do can afford to stay away from their duty post for 5 months! Given the way the Nigerian universities are presently constituted, no improvement will be happening soon even if the government/private sector invests one trillion dollars there. It is about time the government, parents and students should make these eggheads accountable. Enough of this nonsense, there should be a yearly or biannual evaluation system for teaching and research competency for lecturers in place. All those found unproductive after each evaluation cycle should be kicked out.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
nwaiwuanthony: FG can go to hell with their threat, their threat cannot hold water, ASUU don't give up.
u will be shocked ur sack leta has already being prepared....
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by mondi2: 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
ASUU had lost their respect
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
Luchitec: ASUU is now a big joke….an organization made up many unproductive lecturers. Revamping the universities is not the sole responsibility of the government, these lecturers should contribute too. How? In the West, reputable academics purchase equipment, hire research and student assistants from grants obtained from companies and organizations. In fact, in some universities research grant portfolio and publications are the key determinants for promotion. In Nigeria, some of these lecturers do zero research, deliver archaic/poorly developed lectures and yet they want to be remunerated at par with their colleagues abroad.

Honestly, some of the major proponents of this strike thing have no business being in the university. It beats my imagination how university dons with a plethora of things to do can afford to stay away from their duty post for 5 months! Given the way the Nigerian universities are presently constituted, no improvement will be happening soon even if the government/private sector invests one trillion dollars there. It is about time the government, parents and students should make these eggheads accountable. Enough of this nonsense, there should be a yearly or biannual evaluation system for teaching and research competency for lecturers in place. All those found unproductive after each evaluation cycle should be kicked out.
well said sir...it still beats my imagination seeing some archaic fools supporting ASUU..wen ASUU are infact more corrupt than d goverment they are fighting.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Image123(m): 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
huh, landmark achievement. What is the big deal with this 13hour meeting? Was there no break? is there no money paid for it? The fg should formally sign their agreemenr and stop being sentimental.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Esther Ruby Daniel Wins Medals In Indian University / Hilarious Picture Of A Nursery School Kid Dancing SHOKI!! / 10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.