Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv (39015 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU President, Fagge And Okupe On ChannelsTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by chidi2pus(m): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
To ASUU supporters I want a candid answer to my question and I as well as other nairalanders will apprciate an answer .

70% voted the strike be called off yet you say some certain conditions must be met such as the attorney general and high ranking officials;signing the agreement.....

What if the 70% had voted the strike be continued... Does it mean ASUU would have continued the strike amidst the fact that FG would probably have signed the agreement ?
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by valdprof: 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
saintneo: 70% that's an overwhelming majority.
that is 'A'.......3 unit load
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
IF ASUU WANNA PROVE THIER POINT AND GAIN BACK PUBLIC SUPPORT* THEY SHLD STOP THIER HIDE AND SEEK GAME,AND TELL ALL NIGERIAN WAT THEIR AGREEMENTS ARE, WHAT THE NEW DEAL IS ALLABOUT AND TELL US WAT THAT PERSONAL TERM IS IN D LATEST CONDITION SUBMITTED ON MONDAY ....AND IT SHLD BE LIVE ON TV....
IF NOT WE DONT BLIV DM N WNT SUPPORT DM, NO MATTER THE RANTING OF MR,MAZI OMENUKU....FEUQ ASUU.....SACK THEM ALL ...WRETCHED CORRUPT LECTURES WHO HAVNT CLEASENED DR WAYS YET CLAIM DY WANNA CLEANSE OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM...EVN IF DY WERE GIVEN ZILLION DY CANT ACHIEVE DAT. ...
#SMELLOS

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by curtain: 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dusting my C.V and praying that ASUU never shifts their ground. Souldier-go-soudier-come barrack remains.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by ikhuoria2(m): 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
I personally feel that the ultimatum is a threat by WIKE....cos same time I saw on the newspaper that there has been an ultimatum given to lecturers to resume....I also saw that GEJ was appealing to ASUU to call off her strike...... personal view ooooo.....
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by ABDamola(m): 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
chidi2pus: To ASUU supporters I want a candid answer to my question and I as well as other nairalanders will apprciate an answer .

70% voted the strike be called off yet you say some certain conditions must be met such as the attorney general and high ranking officials;signing the agreement.....

What if the 70% had voted the strike be continued... Does it mean ASUU would have continued the strike amidst the fact that FG would probably have signed the agreement ?
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
Promhize: Sincere 9gerian keep up the good work

GEJ said this strike was political from the beginning and we thought he was clueless.
Yes! GEJ is clueless.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by onyxo76(m): 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
What if fg after getting ASUU back into the classrooms and decides not to honour the agreements like they did in 2009, fails to implement all the decisions reached, then what will you all do? Fight fg or what? By then there won"t be ASUU anymore, so fg will force anything down your throats like introduction of some outrageous tution fees etc. I just have a terrible feeling about what will happen to our public universities in years to come, no one is even talking about the helpless polytechnic students..
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by ABDamola(m): 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
chidi2pus: To ASUU supporters I want a candid answer to my question and I as well as other nairalanders will apprciate an answer .

A secondary school student shouldn't b asking ds kind questn bt I will take time 2 ansa ur question

70% called for the suspension of strike. Are dos 70% sayin dt dy shud jus call of d strike witout meetin dia demands?-NO!
Afta 70% called for d suspension, ASUU national excos got back 2 FG and tabled dia resolutn dt dy r ready 2 suspend d strike provided d agreement ceremony shal b witnessed by sum notable personalties and dy must sign so as 2 prevent wat s apenin 2 dm nw later in d future.
Bk 2 ur questn, if d 70% calls 4 d continuatn of d strike n FG s willing 2 sign. Dt means dy r nt apy wif wat d FG has offered dm and mayb it was against dia demand. And u shud knw dt if FG s willing n ready 2 sign any agreement wif any union in Nigeria, dt means it s favouring FG.
Av I answered ur questn or u stil av issue? Am at ur beckon... Nigerian stdnds shud wake up and tink. we shud c views in two ways, weigh dm n c wat s right n wrong. We shud let wat we stand 2 gain becloud of senses.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by tayork(m): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
Odunharry:
ds man dn chop goat shit...if dy kant do anytn tday then dy shud wait tl firxt week of january b4 evrybdy go bak 2 sch...decembr 4th ko,february 9 ni
U out of point.....we resuming nxt week
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by ikhuoria2(m): 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
guys....Cardiff vs arsenal.... up gunners .hopefully another 3 points
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by josfamdl(m): 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2013
gud 4 dem,abeg make oauife announce their resumtion joo.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by quasimodo23(m): 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2013
Odunharry:
wow..and was d president sincere 2 them?

Na Jonathan kill iyayi?
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by safarigirl(f): 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
Funny students. Pathetic students. Some justify their support for FG cuz they're in their final year and they want to graduate, so y'all were there in '09 when they went on strike. I hope you enjoyed it then because you were not in final year. Same with those who are currently in 100 or 200 level, they will experience this strike at least a second time before they graduate, I want this to be the LAST strike in the next 20 years at least, I don't want to come here in 3 or 4 years time to lament like you guys, I will sacrifice 6 months as long as I'm assured I won't sacrifice any more throughout my time in the Uni. ASUU get your agreement signed and fuq those final year students that want to run away and leave the rest of us in this rotten system.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by KDULAR: 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
No one has told us what benefit students in their final and penultimate years has got to derive from the strike when and even if the FG agrees and implements 120% of ASUU's demands.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
I still say it, any student that support f.g is either gullible or does't know what's really on ground.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by passionate88: 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
ikhuoria2: guys....Cardiff vs arsenal.... up gunners .hopefully another 3 points
Up gunners
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
slydog:

Oga, but what do these schools do with their IGR if they want the govt to do everything for them?

40% of workers salary are paid from IGR
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by safarigirl(f): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
curtain: Dusting my C.V and praying that ASUU never shifts their ground. Souldier-go-soudier-come barrack remains.
una dey see the kain person wey wan replace una lecturers? He can't even spell 'SOLDIER' correctly. With lecturers like this, no need to go to a University. GREAT NIGERIAN STUDENTS! I dey laugh

1 Like

Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by passionate88: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
W
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by chidi2pus(m): 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
A.B Damola:

if d 70% calls 4 d continuatn of d strike n FG s willing 2 sign. Dt means dy r nt apy wif wat d FG has offered dm and mayb it was against dia demand
Av I answered ur questn or u stil av issue?

And this should paint ASUU as being selfless.

Let me guess what terms they'd be happy with ....

A Toyota VENZA each to compensate for the emotional stress FG put them through

Truth be told,ASUU has lost it's meaning to Nigeria students
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Image123(m): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
The FG should sign. i remember them giving us many lollypop promises during the fuel subsidy removal crises earlier this year and they did not fulfil. They should sign to earn some trust.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
Tadon200: I still say it, any student that support f.g is either gullible or does't know what's really on ground.
then die waiting at home...
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
Herodion: Team Next Year. Like Comment!
lazy plunk like you is why they term nigerian graduates "half baked"
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by dapachez: 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2013
Stop twisting facts. You said he refused to show or was it he didn't show now you come again with a stunner that he fled and finally the sucker punch that it does not make any difference. Tell us what you heard and stop garnishing it. Bottomline let us know you rephrased and not quoted
Sincere 9gerian:
It doesn't make much difference. Some of what I wrote so far might not be the exact words spoken during the programme but all in all, the meanings are the same.

Whether the ASUU president was invited and failed to show up or the ASUU president deliberately made himself unavailable are one and the same. If he had any important thing to say or clarification to make, why didn't he call in through Channelstv hotline while the programme was still on?

Bottomline, Channelstv wanted him on the show but he didn't show up. Simple!
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by obinoral(m): 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2013
safarigirl: Funny students. Pathetic students. Some justify their support for FG cuz they're in their final year and they want to graduate, so y'all were there in '09 when they went on strike. I hope you enjoyed it then because you were not in final year. Same with those who are currently in 100 or 200 level, they will experience this strike at least a second time before they graduate, I want this to be the LAST strike in the next 20 years at least, I don't want to come here in 3 or 4 years time to lament like you guys, I will sacrifice 6 months as long as I'm assured I won't sacrifice any more throughout my time in the Uni. ASUU get your agreement signed and fuq those final year students that want to run away and leave the rest of us in this rotten system.
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Channels handpicked those lecturers that are non-sympathetic to the plight of their comrades; datz all! In every 12, their must be a judas. Let channels keep gathering the Judases to run their mouth. Awaiting the FG to do their worst!

u are a sham..but from ur post,i can already deduce u are one of those silly lecturers....d funniest thing is people like u are cowards,so sure u wuld be one of those who will resume even b4 gates opened on monday.....ASUU,as an organisation for ur information are bunch of intellectual fools!!!
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
Jman06: Prof. Faggae is a staunch APC loyalist, the motive behind this ASUU strike is to poison the mind of the public against GEJ's administration so that APC can capitalize on that to score cheap political points as 2015 approaches. It's unfortunate that some politically naive lecturers are not aware of the political undertone behind the prolonged strike.

i completely agreed with u,dz obviously why state universities have been in this strike for long,without those state governors not even attempting to cajole or force those fools back to work...its all to score cheap point against.jonathan..
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Do you know the difference between the bolded and what you said?

u are d fool here..it can be said from d statements ASUU chairman would have been on d programme if not for one or another thing...
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Amudeneogu: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
Some people must be questioned because of this strike
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by Olril18(m): 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: In recent times, we've seen the Association of health workers embark in a strike after FG failed to honor an agreement it had with them. We've seen Nasu embark in a strike due the same dishonorable attitude. You want ASUU to call-off the strike based on the words of this same govt?

Once beaten, twice shy! Let the NLC, TUC, finance minister and cbn governor append their signature on the damn document and schools will reopen.
get out ASUU!!
Re: ASUU Being Lambasted By Fellow Lecturers Live On Channelstv by striker9(m): 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
Olril18:
then die waiting at home...
Leave him na,he can decide to stay @ home even after the strike is called off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Esther Ruby Daniel Wins Medals In Indian University / Orlu Road Primary School, Owerri: "A Death Trap" (Video, Photos) / Hilarious Picture Of A Nursery School Kid Dancing SHOKI!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.