Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:18 PM

Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land (7364 Views)

Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) / Live From Senator Gilbert Nnaji Celebration Party / Tribunal Sacks Senator Gilbert Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by youngalex(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
Though I still hav scores to settle in nike over my fathers land,I must say that Cornelius is truly a leader he is a grassroot mobilizer though he contested with Gil for the house of reps and lost he is still the most admired....this issue should be resolved because their unity is most needed for their political progress
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by talktrue1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
This one na live broadcast from Nike. Pray make them no trace you come nairaland
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2013
vanguard1:
Bros, how far nah.....we don get problem before.

Not at all...I just asked what value are we getting for taking this clear family squabble to NL FP.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Napoleondegreat: 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
vanguard1:
Why the insults, The Nnaji family's domination of Enugu east just started, they will only rest when they clinch the governorship seat and I see cornelius doing it in the near future. He is currently married to the governor's niece.

Your family the Nnajis has the heart of wickedness of all ages. I shall expose all the lies you have told here in due course. It is on record that the Nnajis foisted on the entire Nike the 1st son of Edward Nnaji as the new Igwe. On that day Gil Nnaji and co had called the entire community incuding the elders for a memorial ceremony of their father's death. Mid way into the event, they turned the whole thing into coronation of their brother as the Igwe. The elders that were gathered all started leaving the venue screaming abomination abomination! So no elder in Nike witnessed the Nnaji staged traditional coup plot called the coronation. I will expose more of ur activity here since you want to sell lie to the public but for now, leave nairaland, go and ask them to settle u so that u can be useful now for i fear that u might forever remain helpless as it is now in a very near future as their end politically is here staring at ur face.

1 Like

Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
ilugunboy:

Not at all...I just asked what value are we getting for taking this clear family squabble to NL FP.
We are buddies bro...you should always support me. Nairaland buddies we will be forever
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2013
Napoleondegreat:

Your family the Nnajis has the heart of wickedness of all ages. I shall expose all the lies you have told here in due course. It is on record that the Nnajis foisted on the entire Nike the 1st son of Edward Nnaji as the new Igwe. On that day Gil Nnaji and co had called the entire community incuding the elders for a memorial ceremony of their father's death. Mid way into the event, they turned the whole thing into coronation of their brother as the Igwe. The elders that were gathered all started leaving the venue screaming abomination abomination! So no elder in Nike witnessed the Nnaji staged traditional coup plot called the coronation. I will expose more of ur activity here since you want to sell lie to the public but for now, leave nairaland, go and ask them to settle u so that u can be useful now for i fear that u might forever remain helpless as it is now in a very near future as their end politically is here staring at ur face.
Stop smoking weed, it is not good for your health. and for the records, The Nnaji is a prestigious family that your vermin and rabbid dog family will not and will never equal. Deal with it.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
talk true: This one na live broadcast from Nike. Pray make them no trace you come nairaland
Am not afraid, it will be a herculean task to trace me.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
vanguard1:
We are buddies bro...you should always support me. Nairaland buddies we will be forever

Ok grin grin
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by ENEONWO(m): 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
kmariko:

What was on the land before Sullivan put it to use. Were they using the land productively or was it just there as has been throughout the millennium with nothing to show for it.
Your question is baseless. Are you saying that if one allows his land to fallow, it should be compulsorily acquired: no notice, no discussion/negotiation,no enumeration, no compensation, no memorandum of understanding on employment and corporate social responsibility with the benefitting Mexican firm (San Carlos)? Besides, how would you think that non of the several plots of land, belonging to several families, (totalling about 6000 hectares) would be put to any form of agric use? Well, let me tell you that the area has hundreds of thousands of economic trees : palms, mangoes, rubber, bamboos, melina, neem, plantains, banana, ogbono, etc. Some families have cash crops: pineapples, cassava, vegetables, etc. Much of the area has been cleared. The fact remains that process was not even contemplated!
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by kmariko: 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
ENEONWO: Your question is baseless. Are you saying that if one allows his land to fallow, it should be compulsorily acquired: no notice, no discussion/negotiation,no enumeration, no compensation, no memorandum of understanding on employment and corporate social responsibility with the benefitting Mexican firm (San Carlos)? Besides, how would you think that non of the several plots of land, belonging to several families, (totalling about 6000 hectares) would be put to any form of agric use? Well, let me tell you that the area has hundreds of thousands of economic trees : palms, mangoes, rubber, bamboos, melina, neem, plantains, banana, ogbono, etc. Some families have cash crops: pineapples, cassava, vegetables, etc. Much of the area has been cleared. The fact remains that process was not even contemplated!

You still haven't answered the basic question. Again how long has the land been fallowed. Has the land ever been put to productive use by the "poor" owners.

Some areas with economic trees were not a conscious effort of the owners but in most cases due to vagaries of nature and man. Which is it. If it was a conscious effort you would have been telling us about takeover of a plantation but it is not.

Lastly the road you travel to work or home was once someone's 600 acres.

Be well
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Ok grin grin
Cool
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Napoleondegreat: 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
vanguard1:
Stop smoking weed, it is not good for your health. and for the records, The Nnaji is a prestigious family that your vermin and rabbid dog family will not and will never equal. Deal with it.

How does this address the issues that i have raised? How does this change the fact that these people have sacrificed ur brain to their shrine there by leaving u addicted to licking their dirty and demonic ass? This takes no regard that u are from the same family. How does this change the fact that the wrath of God and even that of gods will soon descend on u all, the wicked Nnaji family for ur evil deeds? It is on record that the Nnaji family swor not to be alife and see electricity and other modern development reach a certain part of Nike. And today after suffering many decades of injustice under the Nnajis, that community has a full standard PHCN light shining in their house. Is this not a sign to the end of wickedness duely represented by the Nnajis? FYI Gil Nnaji only made it to the senate because in our Enugu East senatorial district there was then a dire need to replace Dr chimaraoke Nnamani who was only a bench wormer in the senate even if it meant electing a sub-human like Gil Nnaji for the post. That need was met, however we ended up giving power to an entity that advanced Nnamani's bench worming function by over 400 percent. If u dare me with ur childish reply again, then I will hit u the more by further exposing ur act of inhumanity against every body outside ur family. Be warned!
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by ENEONWO(m): 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
kmariko:

You still haven't answered the basic question. Again how long has the land been fallowed. Has the land ever been put to productive use by the "poor" owners.

Some areas with economic trees were not a conscious effort of the owners but in most cases due to vagaries of nature and man. Which is it. If it was a conscious effort you would have been telling us about takeover of a plantation but it is not.

Lastly the road you travel to work or home was once someone's 600 acres.

Be well
Ignorance is the hallmark of mediocrity! I should recommend that you read up the steps in land acquisition. Your questions at best, expose your ignorance. In law, whatever economic tree found on a man's land is enumerated for compensation. The law does not recognise what you call vagaries of nature in that. All trees, whether antropogenically raised or not (that is raised by man or not) stands on someones portion. And the person must have needed it, if he didnt uproot it at its tender stage
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by vanguard1(m): 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
Napoleondegreat:

How does this address the issues that i have raised? How does this change the fact that these people have sacrificed ur brain to their shrine there by leaving u addicted to licking their dirty and demonic ass? This takes no regard that u are from the same family. How does this change the fact that the wrath of God and even that of gods will soon descend on u all, the wicked Nnaji family for ur evil deeds? It is on record that the Nnaji family swor not to be alife and see electricity and other modern development reach a certain part of Nike. And today after suffering many decades of injustice under the Nnajis, that community has a full standard PHCN light shining in their house. Is this not a sign to the end of wickedness duely represented by the Nnajis? FYI Gil Nnaji only made it to the senate because in our Enugu East senatorial district there was then a dire need to replace Dr chimaraoke Nnamani who was only a bench wormer in the senate even if it meant electing a sub-human like Gil Nnaji for the post. That need was met, however we ended up giving power to an entity that advanced Nnamani's bench worming function by over 400 percent. If u dare me with ur childish reply again, then I will hit u the more by further exposing ur act of inhumanity against every body outside ur family. Be warned!
What has gotten over these mucky maggot, have you ever had any personal relationship with the Nnaji family, of all the political families in Enugu, Nnaji family stands out as the most level headed. Igwe Edward Nnaji single handedly brough unequaled dev elopment in Nike, he singlehandedly fought the millitary government when they wanted to siphon the Nike peoples land. Please bro, go and look for someone else to vent your anger on and not the prestigious Nnaji family....
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by ENEONWO(m): 7:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
@Kmariko, let me educate you more on the Land-Use Act. A land can only be acquired by government, for OVER-RIDING PUBLIC INTEREST, which is for the building of public roads, public schools, public hospitals, markets. Infact, public institutions, and not for the use of non-governmental bodies (foreign firm) whether in partnership or not. In the latter case, there must be negotiation and compensation with the land-owners. Its a the stage of negotiation and enumeration that owners show if they have something on the land or not. You cannot sit in your house and decide that one does not have anything on his land or that his crops/trees were a result of "vagaries of nature". The poor owners are still calling upon the God of justice, mind you!
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Ozonna(m): 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
ENEONWO: Ignorance is the hallmark of mediocrity! I should recommend that you read up the steps in land acquisition. Your questions at best, expose your ignorance. In law, whatever economic tree found on a man's land is enumerated for compensation. The law does not recognise what you call vagaries of nature in that. All trees, whether antropogenically raised or not (that is raised by man or not) stands on someones portion. And the person must have needed it, if he didnt uproot it at its tender stage

Sorry but i thought the owners of the land are pineapple farmers (I heard its a pineapple farming community)and as such would benefit immensely from the mexicans. I heard the mexican company will be buying the pineapples @ competitive market price.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Nuzo1(m): 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
Igwe Edward Nnaji was a well respected traditional leader in Igboland. More so, he was adored by the Nike community for his kind and efficient judgments on his subjects. He was also very influential during the military regimes of which he used to propagate Nike people to power and also acquired so much wealth.

That being said, it's very clear to all that Cornelius and Gil have been at loggerheads for political supremacy in Enugu East. This roforofo fight is what stunts development in our various communities in Nigeria.

Why should Cornelius instigate the women to request for compensation on a community land for a wonderful project like a hospital? This is one of the saddest things I've heard in recent times.

I knew Cornelius was going to go places when he was the SUG president of Esut. Dude was soft spoken, articulate, kind and straight to the point. Though he connived with the school authority against the students at some point in time...we knew he was a good man.

Same cannot be said of his brother; Gil who has been winning elections cos of his good looks.

In this case though, I feel Gill is on the right part and should be allowed to build the hospital without paying for the land.

Enugu deje nu

1 Like

Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Nightshift(m): 10:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
The two brothers should eschew bitterness and unite for Nike's development. Personally, i believe that Nike is yet to use its potentials for further development. That town should be better than it currently is.
Driving through Nchatancha and Akpuoga communities in Nike, one wonders why streets there are left in such a terrible condition. Emene town has only one stretch of another eyesore road. Frankly, could it not be possible that due to the bitter village politics in Nike, they have not been able to influence Chime's administration to pay more attention to inner roads in Nike town?
As a believer in democratic principles, i also think that Nike people should look beyond one family for leadership. Nowhere in Igboland is a feudal system practiced, neither will it be foisted on the people now. A town or community can only develop if it's united.

1 Like

Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by Napoleondegreat: 10:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
As a believer in democratic principles, i also think that Nike people should look beyond one family for leadership. Nowhere in Igboland is a feudal system practiced, neither will it be foisted on the people now. A town or community can only develop if it's united.[/quote]

Thank you! This is part of what i have been saying. But the op apparently has nothing to say except boosting how he think that his family is better than any other family in Enugu and name calling like a child he is.
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by kmariko: 4:32am On Dec 03, 2013
ENEONWO: Ignorance is the hallmark of mediocrity! I should recommend that you read up the steps in land acquisition. Your questions at best, expose your ignorance. In law, whatever economic tree found on a man's land is enumerated for compensation. The law does not recognise what you call vagaries of nature in that. All trees, whether antropogenically raised or not (that is raised by man or not) stands on someones portion. And the person must have needed it, if he didnt uproot it at its tender stage

Yes I claim ignorance. I have never read any book or books nor have I ever seen one. My apologies. Also I have never bought any land nor read any book both traditional or legal books about land ownership. My apologies once again.
But all am asking you is to simply go back to your original thesis( if I may) . your accusatory tone seem to suggest that the government just walked into the area and started farming without providing any sort of proof that no form of negotiated compensation took place.Even the most repressed government would talk to the owners or supposed owners and people living in any piece of land before "appropriating" it for use. And last I checked the government of Enugu state is run by lawyers and other professionals who understand the laws as regards land ownership in enugu.

Lastly I prefer to wallow in my ignorance. You should try it sometimes helps to have a clear line of thought.

Be well
Re: Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land by ENEONWO(m): 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ozonna:

Sorry but i thought the owners of the land are pineapple farmers (I heard its a pineapple farming community)and as such would benefit immensely from the mexicans. I heard the mexican company will be buying the pineapples @ competitive market price.
Ozonna, don't mind the propaganda. The lands were aggregated and good part of the area cleared, thereby distorting boundaries. They are planting their own pineapple everywhere, using the people they recruited for #15000 per person, per month. They said the land would be partitioned and parcels could be leased on application to anyone, (whether you used to own it or not) who wishes to cultivate pineapples that would only be sold to them at their own price. What it means is that the land now belongs to the Mexicans and interested persons would lease the parcels from them, and the product must go to the Mexicans, no matter the price they fix. The matter is in court.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Propaganda Alert: Note How A Local Newspaper Reported The Latest Bokoharam Video / Look At What An Ex Governor Daughter Was Caught Doing. (pix) / INEC Declare Winner Presidential Election In First State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.