Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Electronic Circuit Projects - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Electronic Circuit Projects (30060 Views)

I Want Best Ups Circuit For My Computer / Is Catlantic (circuit Atlantic) Really Genuine? / 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electronic Circuit Projects by iukpe: 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2008
I will like to meet some serious practical minds with solutions and ideas.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by geolabious(m): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2008
Hello what can i do for you
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by chipass(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ Iukpe,

Lets hear what you have.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by Emma4dfuture(m): 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2008
Exactly!
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by Emma4dfuture(m): 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2008
We could build a solar inverter u know.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by rolarahman: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2008
how, is it for free?
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by iukpe: 6:35am On Jan 22, 2009
Sorry guys, didnt mean to be so long before communicating. Just happened. I have been around the other forums.

Well, electronically, not much is happening. I have a few projects I have worked on recently but all at various stages of completion.
However I still get my hands on a few things from time to time.

I will post a few of my troublew shooting and repairs mainly kind of do-it-yourself for me.

This one is a CRT monitor I think I should revive than junk, and this is where I stand this morning.

LG CRT desktop monitor 710S Tick tick tick sound at powerup
power LED blinking orange.
Opened up the cover . Disconnected CRT HV yoke, scan coil wires and other grounding connection and degaussing to allow paneld to be removed from metal mounting.
Placed panel in a suitable position next to crt to test.

Reconnected CRT HV yoke and scan coil, then powered on. Tick tick tick present.
Obviously /hopefully something was shorting.

Powered off an discharged 400V 180uf filter cap after recieviung a nasty shock.
Tested all secondary rectifier diodes at secondary end of PS SMPS. No shorts seen.
Disconnected 50V and 15V output rectifiers at cathode.
Powered up and tick tick tick gone. Green light blinking but no HVT action.
Re connected 15v sec rectifier diode back to pcb and power on. LED still blinking green but with gegauss relay operation .
Installed 50V sec rectifier diode and tick tick tick returns at power on.

So something is definitely shorted at the 50v SECONDARY LINE.
Next I isolate as many components as possible related to the 50v dc output line.
Short which was traced to IRFS630 a 200V N-Channel B-FET Transistor. Gate and source shorted.

I will source for this component this week, hope that will fix the problem.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by thomp4pal(m): 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2009
Emmm, i guess i should be here wink

BrB,
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by thomp4pal(m): 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2009
iukpe:

Sorry guys, didnt mean to be so long before communicating. Just happened. I have been around the other forums.

Well, electronically, not much is happening. I have a few projects I have worked on recently but all at various stages of completion.
However I still get my hands on a few things from time to time.

I will post a few of my troublew shooting and repairs mainly kind of do-it-yourself for me.

This one is a CRT monitor I think I should revive than junk, and this is where I stand this morning.

LG CRT desktop monitor 710S Tick tick tick sound at powerup
power LED blinking orange.
Opened up the cover . Disconnected CRT HV yoke, scan coil wires and other grounding connection and degaussing to allow paneld to be removed from metal mounting.
Placed panel in a suitable position next to crt to test.

Reconnected CRT HV yoke and scan coil, then powered on. Tick tick tick present.
Obviously /hopefully something was shorting.

Powered off an discharged 400V 180uf filter cap after recieviung a nasty shock.
Tested all secondary rectifier diodes at secondary end of PS SMPS. No shorts seen.
Disconnected 50V and 15V output rectifiers at cathode.
Powered up and tick tick tick gone. Green light blinking but no HVT action.
Re connected 15v sec rectifier diode back to pcb and power on. LED still blinking green but with gegauss relay operation .
Installed 50V sec rectifier diode and tick tick tick returns at power on.

So something is definitely shorted at the 50v SECONDARY LINE.
Next I isolate as many components as possible related to the 50v dc output line.
Short which was traced to IRFS630 a 200V N-Channel B-FET Transistor. Gate and source shorted.

I will source for this component this week, hope that will fix the problem.

This topic is for Repairs Guides Or for Project designs, Which 
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by iukpe: 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2009
Sorry but am not aware if there is a thread for repairs, however I will call my last post a repair project smiley

In anycase, I got IRF630 in place of IRFS630 its the same thing i guess but with a metal tab instead of full plastic case. So i will have to isolate the heatsink from the main board grounding somehow when I install it.

I will post a project i worked on soon. With photos.

MODIFYING A MECURY 1500W UPS TO A RELIABLE POWER INVERTER.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by Gangsta101(m): 2:23pm On Jan 27, 2009
Hi all,

I've got a UPS which i power from a 62AH car battery, the problem is that the UPS charger only supplies 0.2amps of current to charge (doesn't overheat). so i need a car battery charger. i would actually love to build one, so anyone who has the circuit diagram for one which uses a switching mode power supply and transisitors, that can suppy up to 4amps or more should please hook me up with it, i will appreciate it. thanks in advance.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by Gangsta101(m): 1:01pm On Jan 29, 2009
I just remembered how very well designed those computer power supply units are, i am going to go and buy a 2nd hand one now and modify it so it can function as a battery charger. i'll get back to you guys as soon as i can accomplish that.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by iukpe: 3:27am On Feb 08, 2009
Yeah I guess its worth a try but you will probably be fine with bit over 12V to charge your battery, I think!
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by iukpe: 3:57am On Feb 08, 2009
I stumbled on a cute little chip while searching for a solution to a bad Creative inspire 5.1 surround PC speaker belonging to a friend.
The TDA 7294 100V - 100W DMOS AUDIO AMPLIFIER WITH MUTE/ST-BY.

Some 13 yrs ago I enjoyed using the TDA1514 chip for audio amplifier projects which was quite a success with good sound.

I will build this one for the fun of it as soon as all the compos are in place.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by carlos26(m): 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2009
interesting guys go ahead
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by Topmost16: 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2009
Am going to train you how to build inverter starting from 500wat to any wat you want.And i'm going to teach you how build the charger and the transformer any wattage you require.This an opportunity stop wasting money on fuel.I also do one on one training depending our location.You too can become amillionaire within a short period of time.You can contact me on 08067386562 or email dammyluv16@yahoo.Com.Mind you,you can not know it for aday that is the truth.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by Topmost16: 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2009
Topmost16:

Am going to train you how to build inverter starting from 500wat to any wat you want.And i'm going to teach you how build the charger and the transformer any wattage you require.This an opportunity stop wasting money on fuel.I also do one on one training depending our location.You too can become amillionaire within a short period of time.You can contact me on 08067386562 or email dammyluv16@yahoo.Com.Mind you,you can not know it for aday that is the truth.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by tunnypop(m): 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2009
[b]@ Gangsta101[/b]
I can help you with the charger stuff, i have a circuit i can pass to you that will deliver from
0.1A to 40A or more with automated circuits too call me on
08060493797 or 08098919797

Regards

Tunde
tunnypop@yahoo.com
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by kingk(m): 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2009
well bros them maybe becos of NEPA so inverter has become the only technology we have in this country, even i dont think many of us can build a circuit of his ouwn without already customised,
anyway guys i have this project that i have worked on , i really want my handset to be louder through a car stereo so i have to build this small pannel for the amp with this chip LM385 so this is the circuit diagram idesigned but the problen i have is the adjustment, pls i need help on this cos i'm really thinking to connect a pot through pin 2 but i dont know what else to do pls can someone out there just give me a help pls. i also nee an electro guru plsssssssssssss

Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by pwingtech(m): 10:55am On Jun 14, 2009
Electronics is my carrier,my game and my kingdom.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by iukpe: 3:12am On Jun 18, 2009
@KingK

If your phone has a headphone jack I think plugging it into your car stereo front Aux input jack should give you pretty good volume if your car stereo has it. however if it doesnt and you want to go by the amplifier what you really need is a different kind of amplifier.

However pin 2 like you see is the inverting input and is designed to be grounded. You already have a 10k pot at the amplifier input pin 3. If you desire a bit more gain you could replace it with a 50k pot but you could introduce some noise doing this.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by kingk(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2009
hello iukpe thanks for your reply well i dont know if we can have time to chat someday online cos i think i have a very big thing i will want an assistance ok.
although i have build the Amp and it works verywell like you said i used 100k pot but the noise was much so i have to use that 10k but i really got what i want ok, thanks a lot well this is my yahoo id princekingsley2009@yahoo.com maybe any time you are online just buzz me so we can chat. cos i really like your post and i think you might be good on electronics.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by prowlG: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2009
Hello Engineers,

I hav lots of projects in my cart but the problem is where to get the components to use, if u ask 4 dis n that no one knows it. I would like a recomendation on where to get components. Thanks.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by kingk(m): 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2009
hello prawl G pls can i ask you to say what you want maybe i can be of help to you ok
it also amaze me thatwe dont have a electro guru in this country. just have a good day ahead and hope to have your reply soon ok.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by prowlG: 8:37am On Jun 23, 2009
Thanks 4 reply@ kingm.
I need capacitors with low capacitance such as pico and nano farads, piezo buzzer. The last time i went 2 a local shop i found just few components i was so dissapointed and i had to abandon my project , it has occured many times like that. I dont blame them cos they can't be selling what people don't buy frequently. I think its high time we rise up to develop modern tech. in Nigeria. Back 2 my request where can i get those components from.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by FILEBE(m): 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2009
i think we should get to the bottom line of this project, i have really loved to participates in things like this most especially from a Nigerian. we are heading there.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by prowlG: 11:11am On Jun 26, 2009
@ filebe we would definately get there.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by kingk(m): 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2009
hello fellow bros them i really appreciate this topic on this site.
well like filebe said if some who are talented in this country,
should stand and say to them self that they will make it sure they will
i encourage every one of us to keep on thinking opf what is new, cos
you will definitely have success there. but i belief one day in this naija,
my projects will make many to know me and i will go places.
Re: Electronic Circuit Projects by FILEBE(m): 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2009
well guys let us all know how the project is going.Let us know where we could be of help as to get resouces readilly available at our areas.
i will also want a re briefing of the project theme

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Calling Systems Administrators - Our Own Thread? / Apple Office In Lagos / Ifu Ennada: 'New Car Coming, I Can’t Be Poor Again, Small Girl, Great God'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.