Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,606 members, 7,770,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:59 AM

1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed (109868 Views)

Wiring Circuit Diagram For Inverter, Grid And Generator / Is Catlantic (circuit Atlantic) Really Genuine? / Electronic Circuit Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by Niggy(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2006
I'm in need of a 1000VA (1kVA) UPS circuit diagram. The required output at the inverter is 220/230V @60Hz. Basically, let me say i need an inverted circuit diagram with an output power of 1000VA.
thanks in advance
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by Chxta(m): 7:14am On Jan 07, 2006
While the first circuit is a simple form of the commercial UPS, the circuit provides a constant regulated 5 Volt output and an unregulated 12 Volt supply. In the event of electrical supply line failure the battery takes over, with no spikes on the regulated supply.

That first circuit can be adapted for other regulated and unregulated voltages by using different regulators and batteries. For a 15 Volt regulated supply use two 12 Volt batteries in series and a 7815 regulator. There is a lot of flexibility in the circuit.
TR1 has a primary matched to the local electrical supply which is 240 Volts in Nigeria. The secondary winding should be rated at least 12 Volts at 2 amp, but can be higher, for example 15 Volts. FS1 is a slow blow type and protects against short circuits on the output, or indeed a faulty cell in a rechargeable battery. LED 1 will light ONLY when the electricity supply is present, with a power failure the LED will go out and output voltage is maintained by the battery. The second circuit simulates a working circuit with mains power applied.

You may have to make adjustments to the circuits to get your required ratings. Good luck.

Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by Niggy(m): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2006
Thanks chxta.
Actually i can design a UPS circuit on my own, which will take me a while and i don't have that time now. that's why i just want a ready-made one from anyone.
By 1000VA i mean the power output of the transformer at the inverter end. this simply mean
Power = IV , and if power required is 1000VA or watt. mathematically,
1000=I x 230
I =4.3 appr. 5 Amp

For a transformer power input = power output.
so i need an inverter circuit that can power such a transformer. Again i want to believe that a zener diode circuit must exit at the transformer output to limit/regulate the amount of current drawn by the load.

Thanks in advance
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by Seun(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2006
Why don't you want to just buy your own UPS? Any particular reason?
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by Niggy(m): 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2006
WOW! I've really succeed in building my own 1000VA ups from scratch. Being a student of Elect/Elect i resulted in learning the basics of inverter and bang!! successfully designed and constructed my own fully functional UPS. Thanks to the book: Art of Electronic. The student manual was pretty very helpful. The UPS spec are:
1000VA, 12V, 100AH lead-acid battery powered, battery charging ciruitry with low battery/over charging cut-off ckt, alarm ckt, change over module, voltage level bar display,surge and sag protection, overload protection and MOSFET powered.
The output waveform is a square wave, anyway that's would serve me since i'm not planing of using it for reactive loads.
Circuit diagram?
. or contact @ ,
No spams please.
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by Niggy(m): 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2006
i owe appologies to the mail senders of whom i've not been able to reply. i've been busy of late, and moreover i'm ve been redesigning the circuit diagram with EAGLE software and ktechlab. the diagram is large and in seven modules. i've succeeded in putting them together as whole circuit(Thanks to EAGLE). Again, i've to do lots of explanation of how everything works and that's part of the delay. The circuit works impressively fine! And i'm planing on going commercial with it. First, i want to setup my own domain and post everything their. For the mean time, i would advice intrested nairaland to learn how to use EAGLE software on Linux. It amazing. L8a.
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by Seun(m): 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2006
Congrats!
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by doksng(m): 11:35am On Jun 29, 2006
nice one niggy
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by yugamart: 4:39am On Sep 06, 2006
Dear all,

Please introduce, i am a new user here.

Could anyone can find the schematics of inverter?

But input voltage is 48 Vdc, freq. 60 Hz, 1KVA and output power is 220/230 VAC

Thank you
Regards,
yugamart
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by ammarnaeem: 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2006
hi,
i am new to this forum,
i want to make the UPS for my computer lab,
i want a UPS of 2000va with this i will connect external batteries (acid battery 140 ampr)
UPS must be digital and i can find all the parts that will use in making UPS can be find in market easly,
cheaper and good,
please i am student, i need perfect solution for this,
i think u will understand what i want to say.
i need the backup time 3 hours or max
waiting for ur response, at ammarnaeembutt@yahoo.com (plz no spam)
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by omary: 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2006
It is a nice circuit , and easy to be built
thank you
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by kengasket(m): 5:15pm On May 05, 2007
smiley logging in for the first time i was suprised to see that there are people in need of my field of specialty, i have been desinging power inverter ( or converter as some people might call it) since 2001, i must say that as of now i have improved greatly in the field and through hard work and research i can now design inverter that can boost an output power of 1000VA or more depending on the clients requirements. in the case of higher power output, of about 5000VA or more, one can have multiple power inverters and synchronize the power to get more juice out of it. however the higher the power the more expensive it becomes to get one, i would recommend the use of power inverters as a secondary power supply, that could carry your pc, lights, tv etc any power load of about 1000VA for example AC, pressing iron, boiler, freezer etc these draw a lot of current of current and that means you would require a bank of battery array in other to make it last for a least "1 hour", which is quiet ridiculous. but if you maintain a low power out-take and with a 24 volts 200AH battery i can assure you my 1000VA power inverter would last for 12hours fully loaded, if fully charged. for more information you can contact me on my email, esolutions81@yahoo.com, no spam please. the output ratings are; 220 volts ac, 50hz to 60hz sine wave frequency, and since the system is fully automated ( auto shutdown on low battery power, auto power regulation, automatic charging system, automatic switching from primary power to power inverter) the only human interface is the on or off switch. this is a long duration UPS.
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by ibssystems(m): 8:43am On May 13, 2007
230 volt Pure Sine Wave Inverters 24V 3000W, Pleasew Guys, what load will this be able to operate in terms of fridge/ freezer and stuffs
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by Seun(m): 12:18am On May 14, 2007
Answer to above question: just check the power rating of your fridge, and multiply by two (for the hard startup)

Any answers to the one below?

Hi Seun,
I'm Bashar for Bangladesh.
I need a circuit diagram of UPS.
Do you help me.
I need 1500VA UPS Circuit diagram.The required output at the inverter is 220/230V @ 50Hz.
I'll be very greatful to you.
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by samkid(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2007
@Niggy, am rally in need of this inverter stuff, could you pls send me the circuit diagram.
One question pls, does the charging circut have inbuilt stabilizer for a low voly fron PHCN?
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by majidkhan: 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2007
Niggy
Kindly send me your circut diagram with a full details.
I am new i just complet my DEA (Associat Engineer of Electronics)
I wana make ups for my computer with have 17" monitor cpu and Epson and HP printer with a scanner.
Kindly send me i will be glade.
My E-mail is majidkhans@msn.com
Thanks
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by sesamepk: 5:48pm On Sep 09, 2007
Dear Niggy,

I am in need of your 1000va ups circuit diagram; please send it to me at
I'll be grateful to you

Regards,
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by kalabaa(m): 5:54am On Sep 10, 2007
Thinking aloud, you guys have invented inverter with locally available resource and there is a need for this product in Nigeria. Why don't you go commercial with is product. I am sure a lot of people will pay to have this item. You will be smiling to the bank and job will be created. I rather buy Made in Nigeria than Made in China. Just my 2 kobo.
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by sesamepk: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2007
I'm from Pakistan. If you want to sell the circuit diagrams please contact me.
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by pedrotech(m): 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2007
Dear Niggy,

I am in need of your 1000va ups circuit diagram; please send it to me at pedromotosh@yahoo.com
I'll be grateful to you

Regards,
cheesy
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by pedrotech(m): 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2007
Pls, What determines the input votage of an inverter? My mail ID is pedromotosh@yahoo.com
THANKS.
[b][/b]
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by roabish: 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2008
Hi guys, i need a circuit diagram for an inverter and car battery charger all-in-one with an output on the inverter side of 2000VA ( hope that sounds correct).

I have a few household appliances including a computer i need to run all the time. I power keeps on going on and off all the time and need a steady power source, especially for my computer ( bought 3 new PSU's for the pc already ).

Basically i want to plug in the charger in 220V 50Hz AC supply and charge the car battery while still drawing power from the battery to run the inverter. Is it possible to charge a car battery and run an inverter of it at the same time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by janipn: 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2008
Dear all,

Please introduce, i am a new user here.

Could anyone can find the schematics of high f.bas inverter?
janipn
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by ramiz: 9:01am On Apr 25, 2008
Dear Niggy,

Can you share with me circuit of 1000va UPS.
Can you send circuit made in Eagle, I am a regular user of Eagle.
With best regards.

e-mail: osaka99@hotmail.com

Ramiz
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by aphoe(m): 9:52am On Apr 28, 2008
@ niggy

i can find ur email address anywhere on this site. can u please send a copy of your diagram to my email box [email]aphoextra@yahoo.co.uk[/email]

and some question?

[list]
[li] if i were to power a laptop, a celing fan and a 13W flourescent with this inverter - how long will it last?[/li]
[li]whao is the price estimate for all the components for this stuff?[/li]
[/list]
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by mecussey(m): 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2008
check out these inverter circuit diagram

Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by mecussey(m): 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2008
so this is the complete diagrams, ask me if you have any questions, I build my own on my stabilizer. It did not cost me much, it is a square wave, fans and flourescents might not like it. The diagram their is just a 120watts, just want it to be simple. To get more power, add more 2N3055 transistors in parallel to the existing one. The transistor only handles 15 amps. If you need about 1kw inverter that means you need about 4 transistors on each side in the circuit, making it a total of 8 transistors, excluding the driver. Please ask me if you have problems

Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by seaspac: 4:15pm On May 08, 2008
Hi Niggy,

Is it possible that you can send me your circuit. I am in need of a good UPS circuit. my email is "seaspac@gmail.com"

Thanks

seaspac
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by SAM007: 11:47am On May 10, 2008
Hi

Niggy,

I want 2KVA Inverter circuit diagram,

Please send me on smilewidsumit@rediffmail.com
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by Steroid101(m): 4:36pm On May 12, 2008
niggy please send me a 2kva diagram emeka_ofoegbu@yahoo.com
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by khawaja: 7:27pm On Jun 08, 2008
Hi, I'm new here. I would really like you to send me the UPS schematics. Thanks
my e-mail is kingkhwaja@yahoo.com
Re: 1000va Ups Circuit Diagram Needed by uspry1(f): 8:58pm On Jun 08, 2008
Sorry this thread is old back in 2006.

Use google you will find UPS circuit diagram out there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strictly Internet Speed Screen Shots / Proxies / Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.