Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Letter To Airtel Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Letter To Airtel Nigeria (14753 Views)

Not Eligible To Airtel 4gb For All Phones?, Here's How To Solve It / Solutions To Airtel Bb Plans On Android Devices. SOS! / Zain Nigeria To Change Name To 'Airtel' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Airtel Nigeria by venorite(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2013
I received your sms on the planned blockage of your bis plans on non blackberry devices.Pls, i want to encourage you to simply hurry up in blocking it and see how much customers you lose. You can also ask Glo how they fared after blocking their bis on other devices cos me as a person haven't used my Glo line since the blockage. It must be pointed out to you that i have never used my Airtel line for calls or sms but simply for surfing the net.The reason why i use it for browsing is not cos f the super fast network but cos of the cheap data and sometimes i have to buy extra data from other network providers when i have important stuffs to do online that wont allow me being patient with your crappy network. I can promise you one thing though, once this move is completed, i will never use that my Airtel Sim again and i guess it will expire after non usage for 3months. The surge in your customer base is cos of the cheap data that the bis provides and am sure there are peeps like me that are ready to abandon their Airtel lines once this bis is blocked. From December 4th, that is if the planned blockage goes on, it is total switch off of my Airtel line. Besides the only way you and your fellow telecom companies spend the billions you make from us is by giving Davido, Kcee and other Nigerian artist huge contracts worth millions of Naira for doing nothing, an average Nigerian that enrich you guys never gain from you guys but get scammed by the tons of sms sent to us as a means to defraud us of our hard earned money.i will also advise my family and friends to also switch off their Airtel lines as leaving it on will not be of any use to them since they do not make calls or send sms on your crappy network.i advise my fellow Nigerians to do same too. TO BE FOREWARNED IS TO BE FOREARMED

160 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Maro4u(m): 9:09am On Dec 03, 2013
hehehe poster you just read my mind i only use the airtel for browsing and often use for calls if they block my 3giig am havin g left its bye bue to airtel.... Whats it we do pay for it now so why would dey be like that give a useless device such as black berry 4gig and 2gig while we with better devices that need more data than that crappy phone gets 200 mb a month its not fair i know some of our isps staffs uses android andd iphone too if they truly use that 200mb crap let em come out an say yes mtchew if u like or love your customers leave us to enjoy what we payy for pls

6 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by venorite(m): 9:15am On Dec 03, 2013
i dey tell u, i just dey wait make dem block am, e go shock dem die
Maro4u: hehehe poster you just read my mind i only use the airtel for browsing and often use for calls if they block my 3giig am havin g left its bye bue to airtel.... Whats it we do pay for it now so why would dey be like that give a useless device such as black berry 4gig and 2gig while we with better devices that need more data than that crappy phone gets 200 mb a month its not fair i know some of our isps staffs uses android andd iphone too if they truly use that 200mb crap let em come out an say yes mtchew if u like or love your customers leave us to enjoy what we payy for pls

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by xGun: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2013
Dey sud go ahead.
Na to throw d sim card away thank God I dont even knw ma airtel number & I got d sim free of charge.
Awon opolu

8 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by venorite(m): 9:28am On Dec 03, 2013
grin grin grin
xGun: Dey sud go ahead.
Na to throw d sim card away thank God I dont even knw ma airtel number & I got d sim free of charge.
Awon opolu
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 03, 2013
venorite: I received your sms on the planned blockage of your bis plans on non blackberry devices.Pls, i want to encourage you to simply hurry up in blocking it and see how much customers you lose. You can also ask Glo how they fared after blocking their bis on other devices cos me as a person haven't used my Glo line since the blockage. It must be pointed out to you that i have never used my Airtel line for calls or sms but simply for surfing the net.The reason why i use it for browsing is not cos f the super fast network but cos of the cheap data and sometimes i have to buy extra data from other network providers when i have important stuffs to do online that wont allow me being patient with your crappy network. I can promise you one thing though, once this move is completed, i will never use that my Airtel Sim again and i guess it will expire after non usage for 3months. The surge in your customer base is cos of the cheap data that the bis provides and am sure there are peeps like me that are ready to abandon their Airtel lines once this bis is blocked. From December 4th, that is if the planned blockage goes on, it is total switch off of my Airtel line. Besides the only way you and your fellow telecom companies spend the billions you make from us is by giving Davido, Kcee and other Nigerian artist huge contracts worth millions of Naira for doing nothing, an average Nigerian that enrich you guys never gain from you guys but get scammed by the tons of sms sent to us as a means to defraud us of our hard earned money.i will also advise my family and friends to also switch off their Airtel lines as leaving it on will not be of any use to them since they do not make calls or send sms on your crappy network.i advise my fellow Nigerians to do same too. TO BE FOREWARNED IS TO BE FOREARMED
Need i say anything more ? you have just said my mind

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Maro4u(m): 9:45am On Dec 03, 2013
xGun: Dey sud go ahead.
Awon opolu

same here lol o no even know wattin start the number self wether na 080 070 081 01 234 i no know lol still them dey chop my 1500k every month for 2gig if ona end am am moving to glo or i rely onn my company wireless and do your and manages my mtn 10mb
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by dgitrader(m): 10:10am On Dec 03, 2013
DONT DUMP YOUR SIMS YET, REMEMBER THEY HAVE THE WORST NETWORK SECURITY! JUST MATTER OF WEEKS

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by dgitrader(m): 10:18am On Dec 03, 2013
if u must throw away your sim, first dail *500# to borrow about N500airtime, finish it before dumping the sim.

71 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Big4wig(m): 10:59am On Dec 03, 2013
dgitrader: if u must throw away your sim, first dail *500# to borrow about N500airtime, finish it before dumping the sim.
oga u bad oo grin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by psalmdave(m): 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
dgitrader: if u must throw away your sim, first dail *500# to borrow about N500airtime, finish it before dumping the sim.
Since they said pple who subscribed b4 the 3rd can still enjoy it,will deactivating and resubscription work
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
Airtel Nigeria made a huge mistake, they should never have informed people about this.

I have been using Etisalat for years, and they do whatever they want without informing their customers, from when they stopped unlimited data plan, to them stopping BiS from working on non-bb devices and when they stopped us from watching youtube (online videos) with one's own 3gig. If there were better networks in Nigeria, I would have swapped since, but I guess I'm stuck.

Anyway, Airtel made a huge mistake, they should have blocked it once or just announce on their website or social media handles, instead of texting dumb Nigerians likE the OP.

AIRTEL SHOULD BLOCK IT AND IMPROVE THEIR NETWORK.

8 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Policewoman(f): 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2013
venorite: I received your sms on the planned blockage of your bis plans on non blackberry devices.Pls, i want to encourage you to simply hurry up in blocking it and see how much customers you lose. You can also ask Glo how they fared after blocking their bis on other devices cos me as a person haven't used my Glo line since the blockage. It must be pointed out to you that i have never used my Airtel line for calls or sms but simply for surfing the net.The reason why i use it for browsing is not cos f the super fast network but cos of the cheap data and sometimes i have to buy extra data from other network providers when i have important stuffs to do online that wont allow me being patient with your crappy network. I can promise you one thing though, once this move is completed, i will never use that my Airtel Sim again and i guess it will expire after non usage for 3months. The surge in your customer base is cos of the cheap data that the bis provides and am sure there are peeps like me that are ready to abandon their Airtel lines once this bis is blocked. From December 4th, that is if the planned blockage goes on, it is total switch off of my Airtel line. Besides the only way you and your fellow telecom companies spend the billions you make from us is by giving Davido, Kcee and other Nigerian artist huge contracts worth millions of Naira for doing nothing, an average Nigerian that enrich you guys never gain from you guys but get scammed by the tons of sms sent to us as a means to defraud us of our hard earned money.i will also advise my family and friends to also switch off their Airtel lines as leaving it on will not be of any use to them since they do not make calls or send sms on your crappy network.i advise my fellow Nigerians to do same too. TO BE FOREWARNED IS TO BE FOREARMED
Nonsense letter. If u wan use BIS go buy Blackberry.

8 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
hunger go worry some people sha.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by homesteady(m): 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
grin grin another open letter! GO AND BUY BB grin

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by ocheejemb: 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
Policewoman: Nonsense letter. If u wan use BIS go buy Blackberry.

Very very nonsense letter. The company should go bankrupt because you want to have free data abi. Android phones consume more bandwidth than BB's on BLACKBERRY Internet Service. It's not called Android and iPhone Internet Service.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by AdekunleBalogun: 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
I formally used Airtel on my blackberry, don't make calls wit it, don't even send an sms wit it. Av dropped the line now when I discover another network actually provide more data and their network is more fast in my area. Many of my colleague are switching to other networks now. Airtel will be the looser on this one.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Lakeshizu(m): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
an average Nigerian that enrich you guys never gain from you guys but get scammed by the tons of sms sent to us as a means to defraud us of our hard earned money well said
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Sike(m): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
Airtel will regret this if it's true.
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Dollarjunkie: 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
Maro4u: hehehe poster you just read my mind i only use the airtel for browsing and often use for calls if they block my 3giig am havin g left its bye bue to airtel.... Whats it we do pay for it now so why would dey be like that give a useless device such as black berry 4gig and 2gig while we with better devices that need more data than that crappy phone gets 200 mb a month its not fair i know some of our isps staffs uses android andd iphone too if they truly use that 200mb crap let em come out an say yes mtchew if u like or love your customers leave us to enjoy what we payy for pls

[b]Look at this one... Are you angry with airtel or with BB device? You are using a better phone than "that crappy phone" (as you put it) yet you don't have a better money to subscribe to the databundle that suits your better phone(for your dumb mind). Before you buy that your "useful" phone didn't you take your time to check the data bundle plans of all the network providers? Why are you comparing the data plan of a "useless" phone and that of "useful"? Don't you know that you have to pay more for using a "useful phone"?
Useful TECNO phone my foot!!!
Mr. man, its either you drop your "useful phone" and go get Nokia3110c or you pay the required amount for your desired data bundle than to come here and cry like a baby.
Or better still, go get the BEST phone (blackberry)
I even doubt you use up to 20% of the functions of that you TECNO whatever model. Na mojo your type dey watch sef...

@Topic jhor... Airtel will surely loose many customers cuz I subscribe to BIS with my MTN and use airtel on my system. Now it has to be some other network for my PC.[/b]

10 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
If was enjoying my airtel before this android rave came and you people suck up the network.
Abeg make una go. Network is not just for data, leave it for customers that use it for calls, sms and data.
We need quality not quantity.

5 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
Exactly @op i only use airtel for browsing,that's all ... Anyways they should do whatever they want to do.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Policewoman(f): 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Dont mind the ignoramuses. I blame our poor standard of education.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by tayork(m): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
Lolx I don't even remember where my zain is self grin
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Ayomax(m): 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
well I see things differently here, airtel is my major line n I'm not letting go, I'm also using an android phn but it will only be stupid of me to drop my airtel sim for EMPTY N (a dead airtel line is better than a live MTN)

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by falansa: 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
I have already dump my sim self. Cant remember where i throw it. We are managing them, yet they are acting with pride. RIP AIRTEL
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by falansa: 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
I have already dumped my sim self. Cant remember where i throw it. We are managing them, yet they are acting with pride. RIP AIRTEL
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by sambright2012: 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
BB ke? gudmorning oo
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by slikcipher(m): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2013
oche_ejemb:

Very very nonsense letter. The company should go bankrupt because you want to have free data abi. Android phones consume more bandwidth than BB's on BLACKBERRY Internet Service. It's not called Android and iPhone Internet Service.

ode

8 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Dannylux: 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
AdekunleBalogun: I formally used Airtel on my [size=29pt]blackberry[/size], don't make calls wit it, don't even send an sms wit it. Av dropped the line now when I discover another network actually provide more data and their network is more fast in my area. Many of my colleague are switching to other networks now. Airtel will be the looser on this one.

With people like you protesting for us, how will Airtel listen to us?

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Lakeshizu(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
have u guys tried Etisalat value pack.....subscribe 200mb for 1k. then subscribe the value pack for 100naira for 1wk 200mb allowance, but can only be used btw 1am-5am grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cool
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by shegzy4luv(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
U dont have Blackberry? Go and die......

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advantages And Disadvantages Android Mobile Phone / Which Android OS Version Is The Most Reliable & Stable For You? / Etisalat's New Data Bonus Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.