Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Letter To Airtel Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Letter To Airtel Nigeria (14765 Views)

Not Eligible To Airtel 4gb For All Phones?, Here's How To Solve It / Solutions To Airtel Bb Plans On Android Devices. SOS! / Zain Nigeria To Change Name To 'Airtel' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by 12month: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
seriously I just laff at people saying *go and die*... airtel are on the losing side here... I am sure they know that.

everyone knows that the same airtel network is not as gud as mtn or glo ...

they will survive after dey block the bis but the loss will be felt.
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by CashVessel(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
Airtel, make una use una brain dey do bizness, cos body go tell una if una block d use of BB plans in non BB devices.
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by kola1830: 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
blink182: My thoughts exactly, my airtel is going offline too. I can't pay for glo modem for my PC, bis for my blackberry and also full data subscription for my android.
grin when u dey buy them,u dnt knw u will pay 4 their subscriptions?
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by mikkyphp(m): 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Why do you lot think the revenue loss will be significant to the extent that Airtel will close shop? You guys should get real! Why are you guys complaining because a company has decided to plug a hole in its network that has been causing a revenue leak?
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by kola1830: 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
Abeg make we hear word ooooo!, wen una dey buy expensive gadget una no knw say una go pay 4 their sub? Put ur money where ur mouth is grin

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by ovokeiv1(m): 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
oche_ejemb:

Very very nonsense letter. The company should go bankrupt because you want to have free data abi. Android phones consume more bandwidth than BB's on BLACKBERRY Internet Service. It's not called Android and iPhone Internet Service.

Ure such a BIG FOOL!!!!! Hu told u d company is going bankrupt cos of android users? 4 Ur info, a gud part of dia total gains cums 4rm bis subscriptions and android users makup a huge amount of these subscribers.
Pple lyk u r d reason y all these foreign companies cum here, steal 4Rm us n later call us thieves wen dy get home.
Instead of u to reason lyk a human beign or beta still SHUT ur mouth, u decided to say rubbish cos u dnt use an android fone. I wonder hu even told all u bb users dt there is a war between google owners n rim cos i dnt understnd y we nigerians beef ourselves 4 no reason.
And jst 4 a reminder, we aint getting d bis 4 free, we pay 4 it. I really dnt xpect a Dumb fool lyk u to understand sha.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by osazee12(m): 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
i just destroyed my airtel
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by shegzy4luv(m): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
packman:
[size=20pt]
SAME 2 YOUR GENERATION YOUR WIFE AND CHILDREN

ANIMAL LIKE YOU!!!![/size]
ur comment shows how senseless and ill-mannered you are,'go and die' if you and your generation cannot afford better phone

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by CY09: 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
I see them changing corporate name soon. grin
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by icankel: 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
sagaciousone:
To you and other *umbs like you..... What uniqueness does BB has to warrant having its own subscription? ... I guess it used to be BBM... I can assure you.. It is now almost equivalent to 2go If not already... I expect elites to join in making these network providers come up with a plan that will favour everybody irrespective of your phone make... Abi RIM Na your Papa company?
#teamBB/Android
Well said. I use my bb only for 2go n watsap then Android for a better surfing.
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by confusion247(m): 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
Promhize: Airtel Nigeria made a huge mistake, they should never have informed people about this.

I have been using Etisalat for years, and they do whatever they want without informing their customers, from when they stopped unlimited data plan, to them stopping BiS from working on non-bb devices and when they stopped us from watching youtube (online videos) with one's own 3gig. If there were better networks in Nigeria, I would have swapped since, but I guess I'm stuck.

Anyway, Airtel made a huge mistake, they should have blocked it once or just announce on their website or social media handles, instead of texting dumb Nigerians likE the OP.

AIRTEL SHOULD BLOCK IT AND IMPROVE THEIR NETWORK.
From my point of view, Airtel did the professional thing by informing their subscribers before stopping the service. As for those ranting about how they will throw away their sim card and how airtel will go bankruptcy based on this should know that if this service benefits airtel, they won't stop it and other service providers won't stop it too. Remember airtel didn't force Android on you. The day you bought android phone, you are fully aware about its data consumption and subscription.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by confusion247(m): 5:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
ovokeiv1:

Ure such a BIG FOOL!!!!! Hu told u d company is going bankrupt cos of android users? 4 Ur info, a gud part of dia total gains cums 4rm bis subscriptions and android users makup a huge amount of these subscribers.
Pple lyk u r d reason y all these foreign companies cum here, steal 4Rm us n later call us thieves wen dy get home.
Instead of u to reason lyk a human beign or beta still SHUT ur mouth, u decided to say rubbish cos u dnt use an android fone. I wonder hu even told all u bb users dt there is a war between google owners n rim cos i dnt understnd y we nigerians beef ourselves 4 no reason.
And jst 4 a reminder, we aint getting d bis 4 free, we pay 4 it. I really dnt xpect a Dumb fool lyk u to understand sha.
Bros please trend softly softly. BB subscription is for BB. Your assumption is very wrong thinking that airtel is making money because they allowed the service to run on non BB device. If your assumption was right, other service providers would have allowed the service to run too. Take it easy because it is not the end of the world. The reality on ground now is even if airtel loses a million customers today, they will not allow the BB subscription to run on non BB device.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by mekatroniks(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
I sent airtel an e-mail partaining this their wrong move , i hope they listen to all of this.
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by confusion247(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
kola1830: Abeg make we hear word ooooo!, wen una dey buy expensive gadget una no knw say una go pay 4 their sub? Put ur money where ur mouth is grin
Allow them to blame airtel for their miscalculation. grin

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Spiff20(m): 6:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
shegzy4luv: U dont have Blackberry? Go and die......
open ur eyes to reality. D toy called blackberry sucks!! **spits out**
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by shogz89: 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
confusion247:
Bros please trend softly softly. BB subscription is for BB. Your assumption is very wrong thinking that airtel is making money because they allowed the service to run on non BB device. If your assumption was right, other service providers would have allowed the service to run too. Take it easy because it is not the end of the world. The reality on ground now is even if airtel loses a million customers today, they will not allow the BB subscription to run on non BB device.
The reality of it is that they haven't blocked it and am not in hurry to use up my data because they ain't gonna block it get That!!! So go and die in reality

1 Like

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Spiff20(m): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
So after buying 4 airtel sims and suscribing for 2+1 which i enjoyed very well, switching sims when each is exhausted even tho d network was awful, i became an emergency advertiser for airtel, proclaiming the good news and winning more customers for airtel now they decide to pay me with this? I'll lead the campaign for #team_dump_airtel_sim#
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by shogz89: 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
confusion247:
From my point of view, Airtel did the professional thing by informing their subscribers before stopping the service. As for those ranting about how they will throw away their sim card and how airtel will go bankruptcy based on this should know that if this service benefits airtel, they won't stop it and other service providers won't stop it too. Remember airtel didn't force Android on you. The day you bought android phone, you are fully aware about its data consumption and subscription.
Bros I agree they did the right thing,, but guy don't u think this isp are extorting us.... Check out other countries even in Africa and see how much they pay for similar data and you will know what am talking about,, dis not even about android talking on browsing device in general, modem, android symbols and I,, how ridiculous to spend more than 10k to get my modem recharged to the fullest
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by omartins(m): 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2013
Promhize: Airtel Nigeria made a huge mistake, they should never have informed people about this.

I have been using Etisalat for years, and they do whatever they want without informing their customers, from when they stopped unlimited data plan, to them stopping BiS from working on non-bb devices and when they stopped us from watching youtube (online videos) with one's own 3gig. If there were better networks in Nigeria, I would have swapped since, but I guess I'm stuck.

Anyway, Airtel made a huge mistake, they should have blocked it once or just announce on their website or social media handles, instead of texting dumb Nigerians likE the OP.

Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by HolyHolla(m): 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
Anytime I use Airtel for network connection, I always end up promising myself never to try it again, no matter the appeal. But then, they come up again with another mouth watering offer and I grab it, only to promise myself at the end, never to make the mistake again.

I once called their operator number and the LadyVoice at the other end advised that I should only go for the regular offers next time. What a great advice from an insider. In another instance, I sent a complaint message to their 'geek' on FB a few months back and ended up having more questions than answers. For one, he advised me to just make do with the N100 bonus I got even though I loaded N1,000 because their advert promised 100% and I was hoping for N2,000 bonus.

Now, again, I've promised myself never to try another chance of Airtel browsing. To me, they have said I should just go, and sin no more... and I hope I will.
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by akinshivic(m): 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
Breaking News! : 'Mass retrenchment looming at Airtel Nigeria' as a result of mass exodus from the network by their subscribers'!
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Promking: 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hey Guys Speak to Airtel Nigeria here and tell them your mind,I've done mine.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=557000517707900&id=140739362667353&set=a.179293618811927.44483.140739362667353&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5953222069611247386%3Amf_story_key.3946430896585628325
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by sniperwolf(m): 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2013

If you think the huge customer base is affecting bthe network, then what happened to upgrading it
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Traffic for nairaland done reduce I think Airtel would be at the losing side
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by jessepearl(m): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Dollarjunkie:

[b]Look at this one... Are you angry with airtel or with BB device? You are using a better phone than "that crappy phone" (as you put it) yet you don't have a better money to subscribe to the databundle that suits your better phone(for your dumb mind). Before you buy that your "useful" phone didn't you take your time to check the data bundle plans of all the network providers? Why are you comparing the data plan of a "useless" phone and that of "useful"? Don't you know that you have to pay more for using a "useful phone"?
Useful TECNO phone my foot!!!
Mr. man, its either you drop your "useful phone" and go get Nokia3110c or you pay the required amount for your desired data bundle than to come here and cry like a baby.
Or better still, go get the BEST phone (blackberry)
I even doubt you use up to 20% of the functions of that you TECNO whatever model. Na mojo your type dey watch sef...

@Topic jhor... Airtel will surely loose many customers cuz I subscribe to BIS with my MTN and use airtel on my system. Now it has to be some other network for my PC.[/b]
you dont even know where you stand....ur just typing useless,useful,useless ...read it lyk 3times didnt get ur message
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by sEGXY2(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
Am currently using the bis guess it's still working...
Memyselfu2009: Traffic for nairaland done reduce I think Airtel would be at the losing side
Am currently using the bis guess it's still working...
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by shogz89: 7:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
Promking: Hey Guys Speak to Airtel Nigeria here and tell them your mind,I've done mine.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=557000517707900&id=140739362667353&set=a.179293618811927.44483.140739362667353&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5953222069611247386%3Amf_story_key.3946430896585628325
Am sure u gave us this link to protest. But guy u need to see the way guys are murdering English there o,,, , I don't think airtel will change their mind with the way men are speaking English there o.... Chai Abeg ASUU call off strike na
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Maro4u(m): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
jessepearl: you dont even know where you stand....ur just typing useless,useful,useless ...read it lyk 3times didnt get ur message

lol tell him stupid idiots
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by Maro4u(m): 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
guy if you already subscribed for bis you are safe but when you exhaust it or it gets expireed there is no more ofor you so hope you get now?
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by linus147: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pls o which network is another alternative for bb plans that can work on android phones?
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by willibounce: 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
All these techno people no go let us hear word. Keep ur letter to urself. BIS is for blackberry. U wonna enjoy it, buy one. Una too like cheap things.
Re: Letter To Airtel Nigeria by samnificent(m): 8:10pm On Dec 03, 2013
[color=#770077][/color] can they transfer bis data (via mtn)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range / My Spark 4 Has No Led When Charging. / Which Android OS Version Is The Most Reliable & Stable For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.