Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank (11836 Views)

Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? / Enterprise Bank & Keystone Bank Sack 200 Workers / Should I Take A Job Offer At Enterprise Bank (formerly Spring Bank)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by rozayx5(m): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
team self employment cool
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by zignor(m): 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Shekson:
Is there any month dat is good for retrenchment? Whether Jan, feb, Apr, Jun, Sept or Dec, sack is sack. No good period to be retrenched.

yes o o some month pass month especially dis month undecided undecided undecided grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by Polio: 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sacked for no reason? How is that possible?! Is that the way they operate outhere?
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by numen(m): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
Shekson:
Is there any month dat is good for retrenchment? Whether Jan, feb, Apr, Jun, Sept or Dec, sack is sack. No good period to be retrenched.

Termination of appointment is never sweet, but there are months that are better. It would be more humane to terminate appointment within the first week of the first month immediately following a quarter i.e (First week in April, July, October, January). By so doing, the affected staff would've received their salary and collected the benefits/allowances that are paid quarterly, giving them some liquidity to brace the termination.

I don't think the sack was up to 150 persons. But people were asked to resign based on performance. Also staff that are 55yrs old and are not Managers either by rank or position were also asked to resign.

Source: I work there(I lost two friends/colleagues...it was painful)
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by AroOkigbo(m): 3:47pm On Dec 03, 2013
Afritop:
h for what: What has h got to do with this
He used the "h" to book the FTC position. He has already modified it. I'm surprise he didn't include FTC now the topic has made front page. Others use a "." to book it. Understand?
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by tmtystephen: 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2013
God bless Nigeria my country.

1 Like

Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by jamesbridget13(f): 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
ayaa! i hope they have saved enough 2 start good business if they dont ve one already. better days lays ahead
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by ceejay80s(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ì prefer to be sacked than beìng jobless
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by papamalik(m): 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2013
Bankers are made to appear bigger than their pocket. Most bankers are in debt. Fake life.
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by Beesluv: 9:15pm On Dec 03, 2013
Afritop:
h for what: What has h got to do with this

h stands for hope...
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by Tinyemeka(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
I know many people who actually enjoy their banking jobs. undecided
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by CodeHouse: 10:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
moyinoluwabun: Just last week, Union Bank embarked on massive sack of their staff though they were properly compensated and already got paid.

A friend working with Enterprise Bank just told me that about 150 staff were sacked now without any reason. Though Union bank said they were trying to get rid of old staff but what is now the excuse of enterprise bank? May God save us completely from unemployment in Nigeria. Source: Insider
Simple: computer does almost all the work these days and hence displaces those who are either old workers or not compliant. The bank is just trying to save cost. If it were not so, then it means another 150 workers would be employed to take the place of the sacked ones.

1 Like

Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by Sirdayor(m): 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
One thing we all have to know is that, most of what you think sometimes as an employee doesn't make sense to an employer. An employer want what will add something to their business & give them more money by cost reduction as well. so, it doesn't matter if somebody is being laid off on the Christmas day. You too try and set up a business, that's when you will know how it feels.
And we also need to understand that the condition of service doesn't say that you will be in that employment for ever. But many people suddenly forget all these.
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by eluquenson(m): 11:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
This is serious....
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by moyinoluwabun(m): 5:28am On Dec 04, 2013
Sirdayor: One thing we all have to know is that, most of what you think sometimes as an employee doesn't make sense to an employer. An employer want what will add something to their business & give them more money by cost reduction as well. so, it doesn't matter if somebody is being laid off on the Christmas day. You too try and set up a business, that's when you will know how it feels.
And we also need to understand that the condition of service doesn't say that you will be in that employment for ever. But many people suddenly forget all these.
bitter truth
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by moyinoluwabun(m): 5:30am On Dec 04, 2013
Tinyemeka: I know many people who actually enjoy their banking jobs. undecided
very few people. One out of hundred
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by thenairama(m): 6:11am On Dec 04, 2013
moyinoluwabun: Just last week, Union Bank embarked on massive sack of their staff though they were properly compensated and already got paid.

A friend working with Enterprise Bank just told me that about 150 staff were sacked now without any reason. Though Union bank said they were trying to get rid of old staff but what is now the excuse of enterprise bank? May God save us completely from unemployment in Nigeria. Source: Insider
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by ladenz(m): 10:22am On Dec 04, 2013
ceejay80s: Ì prefer to be sacked than beìng jobless

ehmmm. it just occured to me that if you are sacked you become jobless. undecided I could be mistaken though...
Re: 150 Sacked At Enterprise Bank by elevation4: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
nawaoo, they now increased de number of pple in de labour market.God will help us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naval College Graduates 18 Military Officers / GTBank Vs Zenith Bank / Suggestions: What Would Be The Minimum Hourly Pay Rate For The Nigerian Workers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.