Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria (7332 Views)

Lagos Loses Investors To Ogun / Obama Sends Investors To Buhari - Dailytrust / Spanish Investors Wait For Buhari’s Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by ceo4eva: 1:49am On Dec 04, 2013
Gov. Obi tuesday called on Spanish investors to come to Nigeria and invest, he made this call yesterday at Madrid, Spain, while speaking at the Nimad 2013, a business and investment forum and trade exhibition organized by the Nigerian Embassy in Spain.

Gov. Obi, who said that though Spain had pockets of businesses in Nigeria, but that they were yet to invest big time in the country, described Nigeria as a huge construction company with vast business opportunities more than other places in the world.

Citing example with some companies that have done well in Nigeria and Anambra State in particular, Obi encouraged other companies to invest in the State and in Anambra State, arguing that return on investment in the country is very impressive. "Africa is a virgin for investment when other parts of the World have reached their menopause. Most international companies that built their facilities in Nigeria now make more monies because the place is yet to be fully explored. In Anambra State, for example, which has become the number one investment destination in Nigeria, SABmiller, the second largest brewer in the world built a facility that was commissioned last year, but a visit to their website will show, and it is clearly written that the facility in Anambra has recorded the fastest growth among their facilities all over the world in their over 100 years of operations.

On the issue of security, the Governor said that the perception about Nigeria was worse than reality. He said people blew the matter out of proportion and maintained that Nigeria is safer than most countries, especially in South America that are enjoying robust business activities. He said that those already in the country were busy expanding and called on new ones to come and experience the vast opportunities in the country.

Justifying the call to invest in Nigeria, Obi said that the present Government of President Goodluck Jonathan was committed to the transformation agenda and did not joke with things that would help in the building of a better Nigeria.

The highpoint of the event was the award presented to Gov. Peter Obi by the a Nigerian Ambassador to Spain, Her Excellency, Mrs Bianca Odumegwu-Ojukwu for his exemplary transformation of Anambra State through what she called "massive and sustained infrastructural provision and development of all sectors in the State."

Commenting on the The Forum which was attended by Nigerian and Spanish businessmen, Sir Emma Bishop Okonkwo, the Chairman of Ekulo group of companies, said that fora such as this would help in expanding businesses among Nigerians and their international business colleagues.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/gov-obi-woos-spanish-investors-to-nigeria/165807/

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by JECBOSS: 1:50am On Dec 04, 2013
Nice gesture from the Responsible, Visionary and Prudent Governor!
As usual, APC will try to get UNDESERVED Attention from it.
Click 'LIKE' if U agree.

46 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by devigblegble: 10:44am On Dec 04, 2013
Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Hackerjay(m): 10:45am On Dec 04, 2013
Nice one.naw u are talkin...

kip it up...

1 Like

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by rioemmanuel(m): 10:46am On Dec 04, 2013
what!........am i dreaming

Dont ask me WHY
Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by LMAyedun(m): 10:47am On Dec 04, 2013
Peter Obi don vex oh!!!
Good move anyway.
LOL!!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Extralarger(m): 10:47am On Dec 04, 2013
proud of my state

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by unmask: 10:48am On Dec 04, 2013
Good move....but please let's not justify our insecurity with that of other countries....If our country is insecure, let's look for ways to improve security
Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by battyman(m): 10:49am On Dec 04, 2013
Obi you have done well smiley

1 Like

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Adesam09(m): 10:50am On Dec 04, 2013
Ok
Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by gratieao: 10:51am On Dec 04, 2013
That nice

1 Like

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 04, 2013
He's being doing well.

ceo4eva: In Anambra State, for example, which has become the number one investment destination in Nigeria, SABmiller, the second largest brewer in the world built a facility that was commissioned last year, but a visit to their website will show, and it is clearly written that the facility in Anambra has recorded the fastest growth among their facilities all over the world in their over 100 years of operations.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/gov-obi-woos-spanish-investors-to-nigeria/165807/

1 Like

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by battyman(m): 10:57am On Dec 04, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Peter Obi don vex oh!!!
Good move anyway.
LOL!!! cheesy

At last you are thinking straight. good for you

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Niseamaka(m): 10:58am On Dec 04, 2013
JECBOSS: Nice gesture from the Responsible, Visionary and Prudent Governor!
Click 'LIKE' if U agree.

I wonder what politics and APC have to do with this.
Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by fingard02k(m): 11:03am On Dec 04, 2013
Mr. peter "okwute" Obi.. Comment reserved
Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Princess2be(f): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2013
Niseamaka:

I wonder what politics have to do with this.
Never doubt the diversionary tactics of the APC. They are always attention-seeking!

7 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Olastep1(m): 11:10am On Dec 04, 2013
I laff in spanish

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Erotex(m): 11:14am On Dec 04, 2013
O mpa on point

1 Like

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by bengoodcreature: 11:15am On Dec 04, 2013
That's good of u Gov. Obi, but try to embrace Jesus Christ cs only Him can save and secure.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Fazhy: 11:18am On Dec 04, 2013
JECBOSS: Nice gesture from the Responsible, Visionary and Prudent Governor!
Click 'LIKE' if U agree.

Can't you just make your point without courting trouble?

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by julioralph(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2013
Shey na Spain wey don broke finish he dey go call to come invest? sad
The Gov is on a long thing...

1 Like

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by bluerange(f): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2013
E be like say Peter Obi go get Federal appointment after his tenure.
Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by OgologoDimkpa: 11:25am On Dec 04, 2013
How come this thread is so dry?
Where are the APC tribal war Lords that want to impose their party on us?
They've all gone into hiding grin

UP Peter Obi!
UP our Governor elect -Willie Obiano!!
UP APGA!!!

Anambra State ga-adi!!! cool

11 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 04, 2013
He is still a fool... With that clueless retardeen he rigged in on us!!! People are still blinded by to the devilery and evilery in this short man.... Anyway, I blame my ignorant people. Just look at... He claims to be a performing governor. But has any of you been to our state capital? Is there any single federal presence in Anambra state? He claims to be distributing laptops... only on newspaper and on Nairaland. He claims to have construted roads. Where? The Anambra that I just toured yesterday or any other one? Nonsense!! He claims to be innocent. But an arch rigger of the highest other. Deceiving people with Chaplet and the Catholic church. Someone should bookmark this my post. Just quote me that "OBIANO IS ANOTHER JONATHAN WAITING TO HAPPEN"....

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by OgologoDimkpa: 11:29am On Dec 04, 2013
exxell: [b] He is still a fool... With that clueless retardeen he rigged in on us!!! People are still blinded by to the devilery and evilery in this short man.... Anyway, I blame my ignorant people. Just look at... He claims to be a performing governor. But has any of you been to our state capital? Is there any single federal presence in Anambra state? He claims to be distributing laptops... only on newspaper and on Nairaland. He claims to have construted roads. Where? The Anambra that I just toured yesterday or any other one? Nonsense!! He claims to be innocent. But an arch rigger of the highest other. Deceiving people with Chaplet and the Catholic church. Someone should bookmark this my post. Just quote me that "OBIANO IS ANOTHER JONATHAN WAITING TO HAPPEN"....
The cry of a looser embarassed
APC buttlicker undecided

My village is like a small London.
I was marvelled when I travelled home recently cool

10 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by captainbaroni(m): 11:30am On Dec 04, 2013
A fulfilled tenure. Take a bow. We are proud of you. Wish you well in all your endevours.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by strangest(m): 11:33am On Dec 04, 2013
exxell: He is still a fool... With that clueless retardeen he rigged in on us!!! People are still blinded by to the devilery and evilery in this short man.... Anyway, I blame my ignorant people. Just look at... He claims to be a performing governor. But has any of you been to our state capital? Is there any single federal presence in Anambra state? He claims to be distributing laptops... only on newspaper and on Nairaland. He claims to have construted roads. Where? The Anambra that I just toured yesterday or any other one? Nonsense!! He claims to be innocent. But an arch rigger of the highest other. Deceiving people with Chaplet and the Catholic church. Someone should bookmark this my post. Just quote me that "OBIANO IS ANOTHER JONATHAN WAITING TO HAPPEN"....

we dey drink champagne.. you still dey drink panadol...

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 11:36am On Dec 04, 2013
ogologodimkpa:
The cry of a looser embarassed
APC buttlicker undecided

My village is like a small London.
I was marvelled when I travelled home recently cool

^^^Obviously you would have been proud of your village that now looks like 'small London' courtesy of Obis' 8 year tenure! Could you share some pics/videos of your villa', pointing out what and what we can attribute to state gov't performance.......and Local gov't as well, since he's been in control of their finances for 8 years!

Cheers. smiley

1 Like

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by FreeGlobe(f): 11:37am On Dec 04, 2013
Thief! Sabmiller a beer factory he owns is his biggest achievement. People should start stoning this evil man wherever he speaks, like they did in onitsha.
Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 04, 2013
Ok.

So how many Spanish investors are coming here as a result of this speech?
Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Dosinspector(m): 11:41am On Dec 04, 2013
Very humble,calm,decent and very simple man who kws what's right 4 his people,I kw jonathan will try 2 give him an appointment.OKWUTE NDI IGBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kokoronkoooooooooooooooooooo!!!

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obi Woos Spanish Investors To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 04, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Obviously you would have been proud of your village that now looks like 'small London' courtesy of Obis' 8 year tenure! Could you share some pics/videos of your villa', pointing out what and what we can attribute to state gov't performance.......and Local gov't as well, since he's been in control of their finances for 8 years!

Cheers. smiley

If I hear say im upload pics!!! Let him try... You will see a dusty, shanty, shabby, ill looking environ... Ndi Ara!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olamide Takes Shot At President Goodluck Jonathan / APC Local Government Congress Holds On September 4 / Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.