Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,174 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies (37231 Views)

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter / Treasury Single Account: Banks To Sack Thousands Of Staff / Mike Adenuga Walks-Out On Glo Staff At Birthday Bash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by koboko69: 10:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Most private organisations in Nigeria screw their staff. Be it education, telecom or health sector. You need to see how private school Proprietors/Proprietress stress theis staff before giving them small change as salary.
This ill-treatment is happening cos the government sef don't give a damn! They are the greatest punisher.
Last Bullet:
When Nigeria get it right from the President to the ward Councillors, even private sectors owners ll v a good sense of belonging toward their staff.

What more can I say! U said it all

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Sojebrand(m): 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2013
this is bad, u cant try this in there country,hmm abeg to the worker there, make ona try open the firewall down for us to flex. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2013
The write is a little bit out of place. The writer didn't convince me enough on why I should take the right action to make sure the conditions allegedly said to be bad for the work are addressed with immediate effect. There is no reason whatsoever to proved that the write is about Huawe. Nobody has come forward to support this claim as binding. It is a poor write-up, if you ask. Going by the failure of the writer to tell us why we have to stand by the staff of that tech company. There is no evidence or whatsoever that the staff are passing through those conditions. At least, we need to hear from more than workers in the said company before concluding on the action to take.

However, Nigerians on one hand don't know how to fight for their rights. On the other hand taking actions which will better their lives and those of the society have been seen to be too dangerous that most people will just snob over important actions as those. I have never see any civilized action taken in Nigeria to make the life of ordinary Nigerians better. For the worst of it most people are too afriad o fight for justice for the simple reason they are afraid of police brutality. It is time Nigerians take a cue from Thai and Arabs. Taking actions on the right ground is the best thing that can happen to any nation citizens because it helps to rectify inhuman treatment and other ills within different sectors of the country.

My contribution is to what actions need to be taken if the Huawei refuses to make changes. Boycott their products. This is don't through dissemination of information regarding their products distributed in public places in the forms of hand bills, in universities and colleges around the nation and through the social media, as we have seen here, although, it is not enough. If possible observe strike action and take the neccessary step to stop booleggers from taking over jobs when stricking action is on.

Protest at the ministry of works and human resources will go a long way to have a greater insight into the condition. Thereby helping those in the bereaucracy to have thorough amendment to make to other companies within the nation .

Please, the OP should help us to have better idea of the situation and call on his colleagues at working place to do something to disseminate this information regarding those abuses by Huawei.

Thank you.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
The write is a little bit out of place. The writer didn't convince me enough on why I should take the right action to make sure the conditions allegedly said to be bad for the work are addressed with immediate effect. There is no reason whatsoever to proved that the write is about Huawe. Nobody has come forward to support this claim as binding. It is a poor write-up, if you ask. Going by the failure of the writer to tell us why we have to stand by the staff of that tech company. There is no evidence or whatsoever that the staff are passing through those conditions. At least, we need to hear from more than workers in the said company before concluding on the action to take.

However, Nigerians on one hand don't know how to fight for their rights. On the other hand taking actions which will better their lives and those of the society have been seen to be too dangerous that most people will just snob over important actions as those. I have never seen any civilized action taken in Nigeria to make the life of ordinary Nigerians better. For the worst of it most people are too afriad o fight for justice for the simple reason they are afraid of police brutality. It is time Nigerians take a cue from Thai and Arabs. Taking actions on the right ground is the best thing that can happen to any nation citizens because it helps to rectify inhuman treatment and other ills within different sectors of the country.

My contribution is to what actions need to be taken if the Huawei refuses to make changes. Boycott their products. This is don't through dissemination of information regarding their products distributed in public places in the forms of hand bills, in universities and colleges around the nation and through the social media, as we have seen here, although, it is not enough. If possible observe strike action and take the neccessary step to stop booleggers from taking over jobs when stricking action is on.

Protest at the ministry of works and human resources will go a long way to have a greater insight into the condition. Thereby helping those in the bereaucracy to have thorough amendment to make to other companies within the nation .

Please, the OP should help us to have better idea of the situation and call on his colleagues at working place to do something to disseminate this information regarding those abuses by Huawei.

Thank you.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Karismatik(f): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
lastmessenger: Never pray to work for a chinese or indian company.they can be very mean
Asia, Arab and North Africa in general. They insult Nigerians, Nigerian and its leadership. there's nothing dose staff can do abt it.
Relevant authorities shud kindly ensure Nigerians are delivered from dis modern slavery.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by rodeo0070(m): 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
lastmessenger: Never pray to work for a chinese or indian company.they can be very mean
You forgot to add Lebanese, Koreans, Israelis etc
And above all, we Nigerians ourselves...

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by tucee31: 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
I tell you that they learn all these from our NIGERIAN EMPLOYERS!

4 Likes

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by EdDave(m): 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
I did my industrial attachment there in 2006.
OP is on point. Wasnt so bad then but u no neva knw what with chinese. Na who you kno:w be the yardstick to measure your salary. These guys are so racist they wont even ride the elevator with you.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by JimmyBoy1: 10:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
I concede that I may be biased, but once an indian is involved in managent of an organisation, you are most certain to have labour issues.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by emmysam2: 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2013
Really, we have to put all the blame on the door steps of our Regulatory Bodies. They are the causes of the inhumane treatment of their fellow countrymen by these arrogant indians. Ironically, the same Regulatory Bodies that are supposed to enforce Regulative laws to protect thier indigenes are the same people who sell them out to these Indians for selfish motives.
Most of these Indian working in Nigeria as experts are actually laymen and fresh graduates.
I onced worked for an Indian oil servicing firm. During my interview, we had agreed to amount i will be paid. I was told to resume and my appointment letter will be given to me and other things regularized as soon as possible. To this i complied. They kept making excuses regarding my appointment letter. I worked for 2months without pay and without appointment letter. At a point, I had to go and ask the stupid Indian woman who runs the company as the MD for my salary and Appointment letter. She then told me they dont give appointment letter to staff there and i will be paid half the salary we agreed on monthly ( i either take it or leave it). I shouted and abused her, I almost slapped her. Do i look like am desperate for peanut salary? I told her i wont collect the pay and i will rather leave and save my face than lose my integrity and accept that salary. I guess she had in the past made such threat and have people succumbed and accept her condition... That wasnt going to happen with me. I stopped working there. She sent people to call me back that she will increase her offer. i didnt bother.
The problem with many Nigerian workers is that they are willing to accept anything. To many of them '' half bread is better than none''.
Until Nigerian workers learn to stand up and call the bluff of these arrogant indians and lebanese, thing will continue to be this way. Please stand up to your rights... You shouldnt be enslaved in your own country by foreigners !!! I pity anyone working for indians.

8 Likes

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by temizt: 10:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
So the name of their CEO in China is Ping? Pinging their jobs mercilessly...
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Adexy4us(m): 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Look at d report am gettin 4m a coy am 2 resume at nxt week! Jehovah my future dey Ur hand oo

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by MANOSUB(m): 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
bumdish: Op, sorry about the pain, but I do not see anything that reflects differently from what many workers endure across so many industries and companies in this our obodo naija.

Is it the rate of hire and fire going-on on daily basis in the banking industry or the peanut 17,000 minimum wage government is paying? Go and check the last time many one-man businesses paid their employees or is it the N5,000 salary many private school owners dash their teachers in the name of salaries. Do you even know the extent of child slavery being perpetuated across homes in the guise of house-helps in this our very own Nigeria?

It is a joke to expect the Nigerian government to come to your aid when the government itself is unable to honor a simple agreement that has kept the lecturers at home for over 5 tortuous months. Bros, do you not need to ask about the faith of millions of pensioners or recently laid off PHCN staffs.

My brother, no need to throw tantrum, it wouldn't amount to much. Go to the balcony if you think the kitchen is too hot. This is not individualistic, it is common sense. How many of such outburst has yielded good fruits?

Tell me one company where there is no office politics and where people get paid for every extra hours they put in?
You speak but foolishly and defeatedly. This is my first time of using harsh words on someone on NL. Whatever it is that is worth doing is worth doing well. Nigerians can not continously be subjected or enslaved in its own land by those who dont care in any way about welfare of the people. We have to stand up against them because this inhuman attitude cannot happen in their land.

3 Likes

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by netcomms(m): 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
I was with Huawei too....worked with them for some time,got tired of them.What the Poster is saying is real fact.They just want to use you and make money @ the end of the day they will dump you.They are heartless,you can never be their staff.I resigned my appointment and I decided to setup my own firm.They were so surprise to see me leaving a position that people have been craving for.I hate them more than anything in this world.They think that we are dummies or zombies.You will work your ass out and they will pay you peanut.I am out.........

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by viruz007(m): 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
all4naija: The write is a little bit out of place. The writer didn't convince me enough on why I should take the right action to make sure the conditions allegedly said to be bad for the work are addressed with immediate effect. There is no reason whatsoever to proved that the write is about Huawe. Nobody has come forward to support this claim as binding. It is a poor write-up, if you ask. Going by the failure of the writer to tell us why we have to stand by the staff of that tech company. There is no evidence or whatsoever that the staff are passing through those conditions. At least, we need to hear from more than workers in the said company before concluding on the action to take.

However, Nigerians on one hand don't know how to fight for their rights. On the other hand taking actions which will better their lives and those of the society have been seen to be too dangerous that most people will just snob over important actions as those. I have never seen any civilized action taken in Nigeria to make the life of ordinary Nigerians better. For the worst of it most people are too afriad o fight for justice for the simple reason they are afraid of police brutality. It is time Nigerians take a cue from Thai and Arabs. Taking actions on the right ground is the best thing that can happen to any nation citizens because it helps to rectify inhuman treatment and other ills within different sectors of the country.

Thank you.

Sorry bro. He's very correct even though he might not have elaborated more.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by bumdish: 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
MANOSUB:
You speak but foolishly and defeatedly. This is my first time of using harsh words on someone on NL. Whatever it is that is worth doing is worth doing well. Nigerians can not continously be subjected or enslaved in its own land by those who dont care in any way about welfare of the people. We have to stand up against them because this inhuman attitude cannot happen in their land.
You are a brother/sister, harsh words have no place...We can discuss without been rude.

"Our own land" mentality is why a loaf of bread goes for 1 Mlillon dollar in Zimbabwe. Now that is it your land, what have you done with it? Is the Chinese man your real enemy or some misplaced aggression. Try to get my point my friend.

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by boye25(m): 10:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
. angry lipsrsealed angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by willibounce: 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nothing will change. People will only make noise and adjust. Nigeria is a messed up country.

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by aproko4life: 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
Huawei, Huawei and Huawei, how many things did I call you? 3Times.
Huawei Telecom Vendor are the worst,Alcatel-Lucent Nigeria is not left out, the height of maltreat is at the peak in this Telecoms companies,.
Our House should please for the sake of Generation, please this companies should be looked into soon, the height of maltreatment of staffs welfare, they make the highest money in Nigeria telecoms more than any countries in African, Tsunami should washed them, cause they can not try all this in their own Countries, its a wake up call for Nigeria Labour,please investigate this company soon. tongue shocked grin tongue embarassed kiss undecided kiss cry
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by ocheejemb: 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
"The working conditions
are so poor that a seven months old baby was forced out of her mother's
womb prematurely (Her name is Fortune Longjohn)."

Calm the fûck down
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by temi4fash(m): 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
oche_ejemb: "The working conditions
are so poor that a seven months old baby was forced out of her mother's
womb prematurely (Her name is Fortune Longjohn)."

Calm the fûck down

the op is just trying to explain how bad it is...

May God have mercy...
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by articulate2013: 11:46pm On Dec 06, 2013
all4naija: The write is a little bit out of place. The writer didn't convince me enough on why I should take the right action to make sure the conditions allegedly said to be bad for the work are addressed with immediate effect. There is no reason whatsoever to proved that the write is about Huawe. Nobody has come forward to support this claim as binding. It is a poor write-up, if you ask. Going by the failure of the writer to tell us why we have to stand by the staff of that tech company. There is no evidence or whatsoever that the staff are passing through those conditions. At least, we need to hear from more than workers in the said company before concluding on the action to take.

However, Nigerians on one hand don't know how to fight for their rights. On the other hand taking actions which will better their lives and those of the society have been seen to be too dangerous that most people will just snob over important actions as those. I have never see any civilized action taken in Nigeria to make the life of ordinary Nigerians better. For the worst of it most people are too afriad o fight for justice for the simple reason they are afraid of police brutality. It is time Nigerians take a cue from Thai and Arabs. Taking actions on the right ground is the best thing that can happen to any nation citizens because it helps to rectify inhuman treatment and other ills within different sectors of the country.

Thank you.

You need to put a whole lot of things into perspective to really understand why the Staff of Huawei Technologies will be that bitter. Presently Huawei Technologies is the Biggest Telecommunication Vendor in the World. At the moment Huawei Technologies Controls over 55% of the Nigerian Telecommunications Equipment market and still growing at an alarming rate. In fact with the rate it is going, the market is tending towards a monopoly, as they are muscling out other vendors like Alcatel Lucent, Ericsson, Nokia System Networks, Motorola etc.

The staff pay package, welfare, working conditions and Training is far better at all the above mentioned Vendors and Huawei's doesn't even come close to it.
The practice the world over is for NOC staff to be entitled to Shift allowance ( cos they work 24/7) and also entitled to Overtime ( cos they work more than the regular 40hrs/week). None of these is applicable to the NOC Staff of Huawei both on Etisalat and Airtel Project.

I agree with you that the writer didn't do such a good job with the write up, but the claims the Writer made in that write up are nothing but the Gospel truth about happenings in the Company.

I know these things because I worked at Huawei Technologies for a couple of years and I still have a lot of Friends there.

3 Likes

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Dhotseal(m): 11:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
bumdish: Op, sorry about the pain, but I do not see anything that reflects differently from what many workers endure across so many industries and companies in this our obodo naija.

Is it the rate of hire and fire going-on on daily basis in the banking industry or the peanut 17,000 minimum wage government is paying? Go and check the last time many one-man businesses paid their employees or is it the N5,000 salary many private school owners dash their teachers in the name of salaries. Do you even know the extent of child slavery being perpetuated across homes in the guise of house-helps in this our very own Nigeria?

It is a joke to expect the Nigerian government to come to your aid when the government itself is unable to honor a simple agreement that has kept the lecturers at home for over 5 tortuous months. Bros, do you not need to ask about the faith of millions of pensioners or recently laid off PHCN staffs.

My brother, no need to throw tantrum, it wouldn't amount to much. Go to the balcony if you think the kitchen is too hot. This is not individualistic, it is common sense. How many of such outburst has yielded good fruits?

Tell me one company where there is no office politics and where people get paid for every extra hours they put in? Ask your banker friend the number of hours on his employment letter, the number of hours he works and how much they regularly credit his account with overtime.

I do not know anything about Mr. Francis Agbodike but I can tell you that you need far more than aptitude to get going at a place of work and besides, nothing can be more false than saying only Mr. Francis Agbodike achieved the single digit thingy you mentioned. He must have subordinates and superiors that worked with him. There must be a secretary and a driver in that office, someone must have updated his payroll figures. He didn't do it alone, everyone contributed.

So what d heck is ur point? He should sit there and rot or get out and starve? U dnt think he should cry out for help cos u have consulted the little genie in your closet and it told u that all hope is lost. I dnt know what planet u come from, but I know that we humans are wired to always try to survive...u may have lost hope and given up on life, but the Op appears to still wants to fight for a better condition of service. I support him. The fact that sm1 wants to rape u doesn't mean u just roll over and let them have a go. No, u make the experience a nightmare for them. Even if they succeed, at least it wasn't a walk in d park.

And I really hope this attitude isn't what governs how u live cos that would be a monumental disaster. To give up before even trying is the lot of loafers and jokers.

2 Likes

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Dhotseal(m): 12:00am On Dec 07, 2013

Tell me one company where there is no office politics and where people get paid for every extra hours they put in? Ask your banker friend the number of hours on his employment letter, the number of hours he works and how much they regularly credit his account with overtime.

I do not know anything about Mr. Francis Agbodike but I can tell you that you need far more than aptitude to get going at a place of work and besides, nothing can be more false than saying only Mr. Francis Agbodike achieved the single digit thingy you mentioned. He must have subordinates and superiors that worked with him. There must be a secretary and a driver in that office, someone must have updated his payroll figures. He didn't do it alone, everyone contributed.

So what d heck is ur point? He should sit there and rot or get out and starve? U dnt think he should cry out for help cos u have consulted the little genie in your closet and it told u that all hope is lost. I dnt know what planet u come from, but I know that we humans are wired to always try to survive...u may have lost hope and given up on life, but the Op appears to still want to fight for a better condition of service. I support him. The fact that sm1 wants to rape u doesn't mean u just roll over and let them have a go. No, u make the experience a nightmare for them. Even if they succeed, at least it wasn't a walk in d park.

And I really hope this attitude isn't what governs how u live cos that would be a monumental disaster. To give up before even trying is the lot of loafers and jokers.

2 Likes

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by victorv12(m): 12:05am On Dec 07, 2013
It's so sad that the Nigeria government has been colonized by the Asian tigers. Indians and Chinese companies in the country always treat Nigerians working under them like slaves. I once dated a German girl that came for a part time job in Abuja, in one of the international NGO's. She revealed her monthly allowance to me which was paid over 800k per month for a short period with the company. She's in her final year at the University of Griefswald, Germany. She said what baffles her the most was seeing Nigerians with better qualifications and exposure being paid insufficiently after spending years tirelessly for thesame NGO.

It's a shame that our labor laws are ineffective. I can't imagine what's stopping some Nigeria companies, especially, the banking and telecommunication sector for not paying fresh graduates more than 700k per month with the enormous profits they declear. Those two sectors generates a lot of funds from the economy. Imagine the profits MTN, Airtel, GT and Zenith banks made alone this year. Until our leaders learn and start treating us like their own with respect, nobody or country will respect the banner we fly as Nigerians.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by arimahoseloka(m): 12:11am On Dec 07, 2013
Its called modern day slavery and what makes it worse u can t even resign because of the job situation in the country. So sad for this country.. Imagine pple waiting in line to do ur job 4 alot lesser than what u are earning. What can you do?
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 07, 2013
fear dem Chinese n indians
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by chrisillicious: 12:36am On Dec 07, 2013
So sad, but is there a way we can help you lot, let us know please, the words are already out now so we can always fight on you people's behalf, may God deliver us from the demi gods of our time
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 07, 2013
Lifebender: So those semi white m0n..key now treat the son of the land with disrespectLabour union should take that up. undecided

Mu he he he he he grin

Labor union my blokos.

The same labor union that sold Nigerians out during the occupy Nigeria saga?

Nigerians, you are on ya own grin
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by teeflak(m): 3:42am On Dec 07, 2013
@op, you have a choice. Who said you cannot resign? Have you thought about doing something for yourself on your own? If you cannot beat them, you leave them. Let nobody box you in the corner of life through a job, look inwards brother, you are better than what you think about yourself now. If there's no improvement in your job, leave because your destiny is not tied there.

Who said you cannot survive without a job? There are several things you can do but because you have not decided on it your mind sleeps. The government cannot really do much because they need help.Take America for instance, they cannot do much for their citizens which is why joblessness has become a lifestyle.

Think like a creator because God made you so from the beginning.

Learn not to depend on a man because God is the only omega that can truly provide for a man not his job.

Think, think, think bro...

Ps: I resigned from a mega bank because of stupid office politics as a middle management staff but today God has lifted me. They're all the same!

1 Like

Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Dee60: 6:00am On Dec 07, 2013
Most multinationals in Nigeria treat their employees shamelessly. The Asians treat them like dogs! If there are exceptions, those are few.

This is known to those in government and also very much known to journalists. This is why those companies spend a fortune bribing government officials, taking journalists on expensive sponsored trips to different parts of the world and also bribing labour officials.

These foreigners know that they could never try all these things in their home countries. They see Nigeria, not as third world but as 'lost world' country. They abuse our leaders and mock them when they talk,, but shower praises on them when they visit government houses.

I do not blame them. I blame our corrupt leaders and our very corrupt system.
Re: Ill Treatment Of Staff At Huawei Technologies by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:04am On Dec 07, 2013
D3xt3r: I have friends who work with hauwei, airtel and other chinese/Indian companies. You cannot understand what they are going through until you r in their shoe. But who is to blame? the man who traveled thousands of kilometers to ''create'' jobs in another country or the fool who stole the fruit of our labor and traveled the opposite direction to do nothing meaning with the money. Until we truly fight corruption many will be nothing but slaves in their fatherland.. undecided cry

Brother, you said it all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

After 2.2, He Wants To Start Again From O'level! / Rocks Quest FM/TV Presenters Sacked Over Sexual Harassment / FRSC Officials Safeguard Nigerian-Norwegian Man's Money, Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.