Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,391 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

The Murder Case- A short story - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Murder Case- A short story (50357 Views)

* *murder On Valentine's Day* * / The Corpse on the Couch - a murder mystery / Murder On Koboland.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Ormorlehwah(f): 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2013
Hmmmm.......... Following
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by kingphilip(m): 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2013
Ormorlehwah: Hmmmm.......... Following
where av u been all there while
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
kingphilip: This tory de make sense jare abeg try make am very long now
i go try sir
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
hebenz: This story tap die
thanks sir
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Nw am perchn on my seat instead of sittn,yet u wnt me to fall wt too much suspense
hmm.. i guess kingphilip would be more than willing to catch you
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
Ormorlehwah: Hmmmm.......... Following
welcome ma
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adeyrule(m): 3:24pm On Dec 07, 2013
This is how love nd jealousy could ruin your life,so many people have been sentenced to death unjustly.God helps.olorun maje kari ogun alakoba oooo
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Rikidony(m): 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
Following
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by slimderek(m): 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
Obob. You wan use suspense wound person?
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
FP!! shocked This is my 2nd story making front page... I dedicate this to everyone who believed in me from the very first day. updates continue this evening.

gracias!!!
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Danokoje14(m): 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
adegwurulez: FP!! shocked This is my 2nd story making front page... I dedicate this to everyone who believed in me from the very first day. updates continue this evening.

gracias!!!
......bros I dey here dey fast and also speaking in tongues....sobs ....biko continue
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by 2bey(m): 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
cool
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by kennypoka2(m): 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
this is a good story that happens in our everyday life.. we have many talents in naija.. thumbs up man..
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by 2bey(m): 4:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
Chhheeeeiiiiii! My beans!!*runs 2 d kitchen*

All because of a superb story I forget say I been put beans for fire.
Ade-Baba, if you dȏn'ŧ update soonest, ur dinner will b a plate of burnt beans.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Nwereonye(m): 4:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
;DSee OP if ur bus stop eeeeeeh....

Nice tori jare....
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by tosan200(m): 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2013
come finish ya story na,abi MB Dn finish ni?
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by D9ty7(m): 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2013
To be frank, a title need to be confered on you as one of the greatest writers around here.
Bowing down to worship you.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by mechanicaldummie(m): 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2013
Op, i like your sense of humour. Its so nigerian.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Clemzy16(m): 5:18pm On Dec 07, 2013
Front page tinz. Bros abeg try turn this short story to full story. Me likey.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by DEllaluv(f): 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
Clemzy16: Front page tinz. Bros abeg try turn this short story to full story. Me likey.

strongly seconded
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Zumarocket(f): 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
i like the suspence.

patiently waitin.....
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by philtrum(m): 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
Abeg pass the popcorn...... I no know say dis place dey rock......oga OP you're doing a good job, I swear...........I'll sit with D.Ella.luv .......
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 07, 2013
Lovely story. Im in that courtroom observing right now. That drunk man shld be charged for bearing false witness angry. Omo grin
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by slimbimaz(f): 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
chris baba: Lovely story. Im in that courtroom observing right now. That drunk man shld be charged for bearing false witness angry. Omo grin
you can imagine; picking genny out of the three pix. Yeye drunkard man. *he don dy make me vex*. angry.
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Kslib(m): 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2013
Nice!! **following***
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 7:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
@adeyrule, hmm... ur name sound like mine, tnxs for following

@rikydony. welcome.

@slimderek.. suspence is good for the body

@danokoje, i don dey continue.

@2bey, burnt beans dey sweet na

@kennypoka.. tnx man

@nwereonye, welcome jare

@tosan, mb still dey o

@D9ty7.. u wey be my oga? am learning from you joor

@mechanicaldummie.. hehe, 9ja no dey carry last

@clemzy and D.Ella.luv, na as the spirit leads o. if you make story unnecessarily long, e go come boring.

@zumarocket, more suspence the come.

@philtrom, welcome sir.

@chris baba and slim_bimaz, the man drink before him come court o.

wheeeeew!!! if i didn't reply your comment, no vex abeg it was just an oversight..
typing
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2013
Kslib: Nice!! **following***
welcome
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by Clemzy16(m): 7:43pm On Dec 07, 2013
Waiting....
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by gucciangel(m): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
see story from super Ade! ma problm be sey com giv updates o!
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
10:45PM 11th AUGUST 2013

The sound of siren blaring in the atmosphere would give you the impression that the president of the federal republic of nigeria was passing, but why would the president pass through a slum?
Neighbours had gathered to catch a glimpse of the 'VIP' that was disturbing their peaceful night rest. They were shocked to see an ambulance and a police van parked in front of Mr. Jacobs house.

Mr. Jacobs was a peace lover who was known by all and sundry. He was one of the few men who had courageously stood up and volunteered himself to fight against the incessant armedrobbery attacks in the area.
The neighbours couldn't go close to the area for fear of police but some few people were saying that armedrobbers had attacked the family and shot someone.
It was only when they saw Mr.Jacobs coming out with handcuffs that they knew it was more than an armedrobbery attack.
He was bundled into the police van while a body carried on a stretcher was dropped inside the ambulance. It was covered with a white linen.

The Police van drove away while the Ambulance drove away via a seperate route. A small car followed the ambulance.

"Dr. Amos, please come to the dock" Barrister clement called out.
A smart looking young man walked to the dock.

"How are you feeling Dr. Amos?" Barrister clement asked.

"Like never before" he replied.

"Great! So you were the head of the medical team that went to the house of Mr. Jacobs that day. Anything you would want the court to hear?" Barrister clement asked.

"As you must have heared, the ambulance conveying the corpse was involved in a ghastly accident and it caught fire. Before then however, i was able to remove the bullet from the patient's body" Dr. Amos explained.

"Oh!! That reminds me" Barrister clement said and walked to his bag. He brought out a transparent polyethene bag.
"Inside this leather bag is the bullet that hit Mrs. Grace.
See, i'm not a millitary personnel so i took this bullet to the soldier base and i was told that this is a Soviet 5.45x39mm millitary grade bullet. The question is, where would an odinary vigilante get this kind of bullet? Although am sure a soldier officer has access to such bullets" he paused a little bit for his information to pierce the heart of his listeners.

"Any other thing you would want this court to hear?" he asked Doctor Amos.

"yes, one more thing. When i was examining the victim, i discovered the bullet pierced her at the side of her abdomen. I dont know if that will help"

"Sure,it will help alot" Barrister clement said and turned to face the court.
According to Mr.paul, the deceased was facing her husband who was pointing a gun at his wife while he walked in through the door. He was at the left hand side of Mrs. Grace and the right hand side of Mr. Jacobs.
Again, i am not a millitary personnel but i dont know of any bullet that can carry out a parabolic kind of motion. If my client truly shot the gun, the bullet would have pierced the deceased at the Front and not on the side. I rest my case" he smiled and went back to his seat.

"Would you like to cross-examine the witness?" Justice Okoro asked.

"Yes, your honour" Barrister briggs answered and stood up. He was with a picture.

"Dr. Amos, please look carefully at this picture, are your the one in this picture?" Barrister briggs asked.
Dr. Amos took a brief look at the picture. It was his graduation party. He snapped with Barrister clement and Mr. Jacobs. They all graduated from the same university.

"yes am the one" Dr. Amos replied.

"So you are friends with Mr. Jacobs?"

"Yes" Dr. Amos replied.
Barrister Briggs then turned and faced the court.
"As a boy growing up, i knew how friendship could be. I could do anything for my friends. How are we sure that Dr. Amos here is not trying to save his friend?"

"It is unethical, i can never do such" Dr. Amos cut in.

"But is there a possibility that someone can do such a thing?" Barrister Briggs asked.

"Someone, but definitely not me" Dr. Amos replied.

"My lord, Dr. Amos just admitted that it is possible for someone to lie just to cover up his friend's act. I hereby rest my case" he said.

Justice Okoro looked at his wristwatch, the court session was already taking longer than he had expected. He decided he was going to adjourn the case after the next witness.
"anyother witness? He asked.

"Yes your honour" barrister clement shouted.
My last witness is Mrs. Grace Jacobs, please come out".

The whole court was shocked. Can a ghost testify?
Barrister clement just looked at Barrister Briggs and smiled mischievously.

*TBC*

4 Likes

Re: The Murder Case- A short story by kingphilip(m): 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
Made the fp sooner than i expected chai boss u r gud lai lai u are better keep it up..... As i said earlier abeg change am to lng story o no stop am for short
Re: The Murder Case- A short story by adegwurulez(m): 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
Clemzy16: Waiting....
i don update o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

The Religion / Collins Oscar Wedding Dress (Pictures) / My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.