Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi (826 Views)

Buhari Didn’t Sign Any Loan Deal With China – Presidency / Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi / Peter Obi Falls Out With Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi by Princess2be(f): 12:50am On Dec 05, 2013
AWKA — ANAMBRA State governor,
Mr. Peter Obi, said yesterday that he
did not sign any agreement with Chief
Willie Obiano, the state’s governor-
elect, noting that his only interest
was to ensure that a credible person
was elected to continue the good
governance which the state has
witnessed during his administration.
Speaking at the Alex Ekwueme
Square, Awka, where he distributed
90 vehicles to directors and officials
in the local government system, Obi
said God had blessed him
abundantly, that attempting to act as
a distraction to a governor he helped
to win, would amount to committing
abominable sin.
Obi said: “I have enough for myself
and my only concern is for the new
governor to be able to meet the
aspirations of our people.”
According to him, the present
administration will continue to work
till the last day and those who feel
that some of the things done by
government are for the election are
missing the point, as he will continue
to do more work for the state.
He observed that the problem with
governance in Nigeria was because
people had refused to change the way
they did things.
Governor Obi insisted that the best
way to meet the yearnings of the
people was to serve the public with
their money, stressing that diverting
public funds to personal pockets
would always bring a curse to those
concerned.
On the vehicles being distributed to
various categories of workers, Obi
argued that if an elected chairman of
a local government or any other
politician could be given a vehicle
immediately he was elected, there
was no reason a civil servant that
had put in 25 years in the service
should not get a car.
On the ongoing recruitment of 7,000
civil servants in the state, Obi said
his government had set aside the
money to pay them for two years,
which he put at about N5 billion.
The money, he explained, was
already secured in the bank in order
not to encumber the incoming
governor.
He also said the recruitment had
been structured in such a way that all
the towns in the state would be given
a sense of belonging by ensuring that
at least 10 persons each were
recruited from all the towns in the
state.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/anambra-sign-pact-obiano-gov-obi/

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi by plaindealer: 12:53am On Dec 05, 2013
It's now idiotic for people to exercise their basic and constitutional rights?

Why are we saddled with these ignorant, un patriotic and anti social clowns .....?
Re: I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 05, 2013
Obi...kedu kodi?...just do your own and handover nna...what goes around comes around kwa. If anambara must to develop, it is the concern of Nigerians, not only anambrarians...Ihi e neme, but at the end ihi a nacho will be over...hmmm
Re: I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi by mike404(m): 1:17am On Dec 05, 2013
plaindealer: It's now idiotic for people to exercise their basic and constitutional rights?

Why are we saddled with these ignorant, un patriotic and anti social clowns .....?
LAME

4 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi by mike404(m): 1:19am On Dec 05, 2013
soe: Obi...kedu kodi?...just do your own and handover nna...what goes around comes around kwa. If anambara must to develop, it is the concern of Nigerians, not only anambrarians...Ihi e neme, but at the end ihi a nacho will be over...hmmm
KEDU IHE ANUMANU A NA AKOGHERI EBEA

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi by citizenY(m): 1:27am On Dec 05, 2013
We hear, time will tell

na so OUK and dat man wey get Greek name dem do and plenty tins come dey happen ;DWe hear, time will tell

na so OUK and dat man wey get Greek name dem do and plenty tins come dey happen
Re: I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi by BabaEleko(m): 2:55am On Dec 05, 2013
Tell that to the dogs.
Re: I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi by Jman06(m): 3:23am On Dec 05, 2013
soe: Obi...kedu kodi?...just do your own and handover nna...what goes around comes around kwa. If anambara must to develop, it is the concern of Nigerians, not only anambrarians...Ihi e neme, but at the end ihi a nacho will be over...hmmm
I haven't come across a comment as daft as this in my entire e-life.

3 Likes

Re: I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi by biafranqueen: 7:39am On Dec 05, 2013
Would not it be better to give the civil servant the 3 million in cash for retirement or something, as soon as that car leaves the factory it depreciates, maybe they don't want a car, but need to pay school fees or fix a leaking roof. I'm not feeling this car thing Gov. Give them the cash and let them get what they need undecided
Re: I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi by Cuche: 7:55am On Dec 05, 2013
When will Obi stop lying, cursing himself and deceiving the gullible
N5b for 7 000 workers in 2 years
How much will each worker take home per month?
Re: I Did Not Sign Any Agreement With Obiano – Governor Obi by FreeGlobe(f): 7:58am On Dec 05, 2013
Obi said God has blessed him abundantly." Someone remind him that God does not bless with stolen public funds. We can now understand the level of money he has stolen

(1) (Reply)

MH17 Crash: Russian Reporter Quits Over Ukraine Lies / (SHOCKING) The Chibok Girl Released By Boko Haram Is Four Months Pregnant / One Dead, 35 Houses Burnt And 1, 200 Persons Displaced In Olamaboro Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.