Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi (3102 Views)

Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly / APC Lauds Obiano Over Developmental Strides / Peter Obi Falls Out With Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by Abagworo(m): 1:00pm On Oct 30, 2014

The cosy relationship between President Goodluck Jonathan and the Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willy Obiano as well as the All Progressives Grand Alliance[APGA], may soon hit the rocks over suspected romance between the governor and his counterpart from Rivers State and chieftain of the main opposition All Progressives Congress[APC], Mr Chibike Rotimi Amaechi.

A source in Abuja revealed that there is an uneasiness within the Presidency concerning the suspected cosy relationship between Obiano and Amaechi  as the much talked about 2015 general elections draw nearer.

According to the source, security report has it that some emissaries of the Rivers State governor,led by his brother in-law, Chief Dozie Nwankwo,  have been paying frequent visits to the Government House, Awka and holding discussions  with Obiano of late. It was learnt that following this development, Presidency officials have been monitoring the events closely.

The source who pleaded not to be quoted, revealed that some hawks within the Presidency ,had advised President Goodluck Jonathan to move against Governor Obiano  but that due to his kind heartedness, the President has so far not bowed to such demand. The source said that the governor is some one the President assisted to ascend the thrown and has continued to work closely with him since he, Obiano, assumed office early this year.

The governor was said to have visited President Jonathan recently, with the National Chairman of APGA, Sir Victor Umeh, along with a billionaire businessman, from his state, Sir Emeka Offor,who facilitated the visit, during which very useful discussions were held, bothering on the 2015 elections.

To further show his  soft spot for Obinao, President Jonathan included him in his team to the trip to the Holy land, Israel, for this year’s pilgrimage. The source said that in spite of these measures of goodwill, Obiano has continued to fraternize with allies of the President’s well known political foe, Governor Amaechi.

Both Governor Obiano and the National leadership of APGA, have publicly endorsed the 2015 re-election ambition of President Jonathan. As it did in 2011, APGA has also said it will not field any Presidential candidate for the 2015 general elections. Ironically, Governor Amaechi is diametrically opposed to the idea of Jonathan’s re-election.

Insiders within the Presidency are therefore said to be wondering if Governor Obiano does not reckon with the contradiction in his relationship with the President and romance with Amaechi, which is however yet to be of public knowledge.

http://newsdiaryonline.com/presidency-may-clash-obiano-romance-amaechi/
Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by donphilopus: 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
Shepooo may have influenced this move again. Obiano cannot do without Amaechi. No sane fellow would see Amaechi and hate him. Most of the funny pictures I see here daily are Amaechi's pictures. I believe Amaechi is trynna tell him to jump from the fast sinking ship and join the APC, since his master has long gone.

I don't know what those Igbos who are fast to call Okorocha a betrayal, would call Obiano if he dare tries to join the APC. As usual, most of them who support him here may withdraw their support!
Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by win1234: 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
so what do we do now
Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by nuelsylves(m): 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hmmm! People and fake information..., Wow!. The man they called Amechi's inlaw ( Dozie Nwankwo) is from my town in Anambra, he contested for House of Representative under the APC but lost to APGA then. Recently he joined APGA hoping to use their ticket to re-contest. So people seeing him with Gov. Obiano is just usual struggle to get APGA ticket. It has nothing to do with Gov. Amechi and President GEJ.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by johnmartus(m): 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
so anybody opposed Jonathan political view that Persion not save? yeah power and money they drive this man crazy I swear

1 Like

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by fairheven: 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
Am their eyes will be on Anambra vote in 2015,so the "presidency"can't do much to obiano,except to pamper him untill they get wat they want."their vote" wink
Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
Kai, lies... Emeka Offor is just running around from state to state trying to stop polio with Rotary Club...

2 Likes

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by phantom(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
if PDP doesn't take time, they ll lose bayelsa and anambara to APC.
Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by UnknownT: 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2014
MusaIbrahim1:
Kai, lies... Emeka Offor is just running around from state to state trying to stop polio with Rotary Club...
Yes!!! His this close to stopping polio

1 Like

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by desgiezd(m): 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
So whoever the President likes, governors who are his allies must like and whoever he hates the governors must also hate! What manner of leaders are these?

1 Like

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by Descartes: 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
donphilopus:
Shepooo may have influenced this move again. Obiano cannot do without Amaechi. No sane fellow would see Amaechi and hate him. Most of the funny pictures I see here daily are Amaechi's pictures. I believe Amaechi is trynna tell him to jump from the fast sinking ship and join the APC, since his master has long gone.

I don't know what those Igbos who are fast to call Okorocha a betrayal, would call Obiano if he dare tries to join the APC. As usual, most of them who support him here may withdraw their support!
I wonder who sold that to you.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by chinwike2(m): 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
Anybody who believes this SHAM of a writeup can believe ANYTHING

6 Likes

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by Stantiques: 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
donphilopus:

u too talk..abeg tire naa undecided
donphilopus:

u too talk..abeg tire naa
Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
UnknownT:
Yes!!! His this close to stopping polio

Yes boss... This close...

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by yang(m): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bullshit story . . . The love anambra people have for president Johnathan goes beyond obiano

4 Likes

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by VAQAXY: 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
Abagworo leave Anambra alone. I have warned you severally! Stop mastur.batiing with the word Anambra. Leave us alone and face your 'ordinary' state. We Anambrans are for GEJ or nothing. Even if APC gives Mr Okoro their presidential ticket we shall still vote for GEJ 100%..

No amount of false news report can sway our votes from GEJ.

Obiano is 100% for GEJ and so is all of us in Anambra..

GEJ till 2099

5 Likes

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by boss1310(m): 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
donphilopus:

its rather the other way around,no sane person will see amaechi and like him,those who did have abandoned him and he kept whining about them as betrayers to the media.anambra is my home state and we side with the president even though we aren't the same party.obiano knows better than to allow the bokos into our state,amaechi can go there as much as he wants he will be welcomed.igbos have a huge tradition of welcoming guests whether we love them or not ask the general he can confirm it but when the D-day arrives we all speak one name GEJ

4 Likes

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by stebell(m): 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
APC rodents Always Propagating Crisis where there is none.
A-bag-of gworo, clap for ur self.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by Abagworo(m): 4:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
Those abusing me are stupid as the I am not the source of the news. I was also abused when I first wrote that Peter Obi would join PDP. Obiano is progressive minded and I will not be surprised if he ends up with performers like himself.

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by VAQAXY: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
Shut up because you are the silly one here. This picture you posted was taking at a particular federal executive meeting held in Abuja in which Mr Okoro sent his deputy to represent him. We Anambrans have nothing with you people nor your party.

I will not warn you again..desist from anything that concerns Anambra. We are not interested in your 'ordinary' state so you have no reason to be interested in ours.

Obiano is 100% for GEJ and will not have anything to do with an Islamic party..

Obiano is a sound technocrat and cannot deal with charlatans..

Abagworo:
Those abusing me are stupid as the I am not the source of the news. I was also abused when I first wrote that Peter Obi would join PDP. Obiano is progressive minded and I will not be surprised if he ends up with performers like himself.

1 Like

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by Marotzke(m): 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
What kind of tales by moonlight is this? All these insinuations is because honorable Dozier Nwankwo has/had an audience with HE, Willie Obiano. Pray when did it become a crime to have a political life of your own outside your brother in laws political life.

Dozie Nwankwo is an APGA chieftain aspiring to represent Njikoka, Anaocha and Dunukofia at the federal house of Representatives. His meeting with the Governor is very much in order. Every one knows that without Governor's support, ones political career might be jeopardized.

Where did this news emanate from self? Honorable Nwankwo is not known for name dropping. Even with my close association with him, it took me awhile to link him to The Rivers state Governor. I know for sure that Dozie Nwankwo does not run political errands for Rotimi Amaechi.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by VAQAXY: 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
See another of such picture here. It was taken in Abuja in a meeting presided by the president at the heat of Ebola attack to show Nigerians how to greet to avoid Ebola.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by Dmanlex(m): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
nuelsylves:
Hmmm! People and fake information..., Wow!. The man they called Amechi's inlaw ( Dozie Nwankwo) is from my town in Anambra, he contested for House of Representative under the APC but lost to APGA then. Recently he joined APGA hoping to use their ticket to re-contest. So people seeing him with Gov. Obiano is just usual struggle to get APGA ticket. It has nothing to do with Gov. Amechi and President GEJ.
he is from your town but u don't know he is inlaw to River state Gov. He made billions from an oil firm in River state. Where do u think he made his $€¥£, that's how he got he's way 2 wealth via IN-LAW matters
Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by nuelsylves(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
Dmanlex:
he is from your town but u don't know he is inlaw to River state Gov. He made billions from an oil firm in River state. Where do u think he made his $€¥£, that's how he got he's way 2 wealth via IN-LAW matters

Oga! I never mentioned in my post that I know nothing about his IN-LAWship with Gov. Amechi. My point was that the news is fake.., Their meeting has nothing to do with Gov. Amechi. The man in question is trying his best to get APGA ticket. Besides Amechi is politically dead, no meaningful politician with future ambition will associate himself/herself with him.

1 Like

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by Dmanlex(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2014
nuelsylves:

Oga! I never mentioned in my post that I know nothing about his IN-LAWship with Gov. Amechi. My point was that the news is fake.., Their meeting has nothing to do with Gov. Amechi. The man in question is trying his best to get APGA ticket. Besides Amechi is politically dead, no meaningful politician with future ambition will associate himself/herself with him.
It has becos Anambra state has a high population rate and with the highest number of politicians and prominent people in South-east. So if dey can get d governor dey are sure of 50% south-east vote
Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by freezy(m): 10:07am On Oct 31, 2014
Obiano: I ain't trusting these PDP niccas

1 Like

Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by phantom(m): 10:11am On Oct 31, 2014
freezy:
Obiano: I ain't trusting these PDP niccas

grin grin.......and truly,he seems to be uncomfortable in that gathering. dude swore to keep his eyes open even when the others were praying lest he gets a knife in his back...lol
Re: Presidency May Clash With Obiano Over Romance With Amaechi by freezy(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2014
grin grin grin
Hilarious, I tell you. Dude watching his back since 1860 cheesy grin
phantom:

grin grin.......and truly,he seems to be uncomfortable in that gathering. dude swore to keep his eyes open even when the others were praying lest he gets a knife in his back...lol

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan: My Re-election Will Be Difficult / Freedom Of Weed / APC Lists Cases Of Looting Buhari Can’t Ignore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.