Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) (23007 Views)

Who Scored The Best Goal In Brazil 2014 Fifa World Cup.. / Brazil 2014: Reasons Why Nigeria Must Win!! / Dangerous National Teams That Might Be Under-rated At Brazil 2014! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Theben(m): 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
Why is it that the Ghanaian U-17 National team has failed to perform well at any major championship since the introduction of MRI test?

2 Likes

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Dannyxy(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2013
Lmao^^ brutality!!, i don show, which ghanaian dey make noise?
Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Tessywonderss: 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
striker9: Na inferiority complex go kill Ghanians.Always competing with naija at any given opportunity.Ghanian football team that made Bance played like Ibrahimovic.

Don't mind them,ghanians I don't know what they want to compete.ghanian that are not initiative.they keep attaching themselves to Naija to b noticed

2 Likes

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by naijanoni(m): 6:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
Olympic gold is greater than the U/20 worldcup.So what d Bleep is U/20 ?.We've won silver in dat same U/20 worldcup,but ghana ain't won silver at d olympics.

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Jiggaman101: 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
naija noni: Olympic gold is greater than the U/20 worldcup.So what d Bleep is U/20 ?.We've won silver in dat same U/20 worldcup,but ghana ain't won silver at d olympics.

Look how you guys are rejoicing over under 17 like you have won the senior World Cup. I beg don't try to diminish under 20 because you can't win it.

You are not the only country in Africa to have won Olympic gold, Cameroon have done so too. Ghana on the other hand can say we are the only country in Africa to win under 20 cup. To me that speaks volumes.

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by safarigirl(f): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Look how you guys are rejoicing over under 17 like you have won the senior World Cup. I beg don't try to diminish under 20 because you can't win it.

You are not the only country in Africa to have won Olympic gold, Cameroon have done so too. Ghana on the other hand can say we are the only country in Africa to win under 20 cup. To me that speaks volumes.
don't worry, in 2 years our U-17 boys will move on to the U-20 and claim that World Cup too, can we say same for Ghana's U-20 squad winning an Olympic medal? Abeg this arguement don do. Ghana has an U-20, we have an Olympic gold, Cameroon isn't Ghana. Nigeria remains the only African country to have gotten to number 5 on FIFA ranking, but is Ghana the only one to reach Quarter finals of the World Cup? No, there were 2 before you. Nigeria on the other hand is the only country in the entire WORLD to have won U-17 4 times, we have a WORLD record, Ghana still dragging African records, we can call it even

3 Likes

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by PetroDolla2: 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
[s]
safarigirl: don't worry, in 2 years our U-17 boys will move on to the U-20 and claim that World Cup too, can we say same for Ghana's U-20 squad winning an Olympic medal? Abeg this arguement don do. Ghana has an U-20, we have an Olympic gold, Cameroon isn't Ghana. Nigeria remains the only African country to have gotten to number 5 on FIFA ranking, but is Ghana the only one to reach Quarter finals of the World Cup? No, there were 2 before you. Nigeria on the other hand is the only country in the entire WORLD to have won U-17 4 times, we have a WORLD record, Ghana still dragging African records, we can call it even
[/s] rubbish talk. if you believe your current under 17 can win the world under 20, why can't Ghana's under 20 win the Olympic gold? for me, age group competitions don't count much in my reckoning. what counts is what the two countries have achieved at the senior level, and Ghana wins it hand down. there is no competition here,huh? 4 times African champions and world cup quarter finalist

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by PetroDolla2: 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tessywonderss:

Don't mind them,ghanians I don't know what they want to compete.ghanian that are not initiative.they keep attaching themselves to Naija to b noticed
crap. utter crap!

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Dannyxy(m): 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mediocre, celebrating mediocrity, ghanaians don't cease to amaze me.. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by PetroDolla2: 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
Dannyxy: Mediocre, celebrating mediocrity, ghanaians don't cease to amaze me.. Smh
mediocrity is a term often associated with your pathetic,clueless country. fuckeduppedness ever listened to idris abdulkadir do his nigerian jagajaga stuff? that's my fav nigerian song, mudder fugger

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Jiggaman101: 7:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
safarigirl: don't worry, in 2 years our U-17 boys will move on to the U-20 and claim that World Cup too, can we say same for Ghana's U-20 squad winning an Olympic medal? Abeg this arguement don do. Ghana has an U-20, we have an Olympic gold, Cameroon isn't Ghana. Nigeria remains the only African country to have gotten to number 5 on FIFA ranking, but is Ghana the only one to reach Quarter finals of the World Cup? No, there were 2 before you. Nigeria on the other hand is the only country in the entire WORLD to have won U-17 4 times, we have a WORLD record, Ghana still dragging African records, we can call it even

Come safari, don't be naive. If that was the case then Argentina wouldn't be the most successful because their under 17 haven't dominated the world like the way their under have. Untill u win it you can't say that. Then it would be safe to say the France team that won the under 20 World Cup is moving on to win the senior World Cup. Every tournament has its own story.
Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by PetroDolla2: 7:20pm On Dec 09, 2013
striker9: Iran has got more hope of winning the WC than Ghana making it to knockout stages.
you are entitled to your opinion, sh1thead. you guys never get tired of writing off Ghana,huh only to eat cold humble pie?

the same thing was said in the last two world cups by you and your fellow MUMUs. MUMUgerians were already celebrating Ghana's early exit, only for Ghana to outperform every other African side in south africa, including their clueless, visionless, motionless supa chinchins who couldn't win a single match in south africa grin in fact your team has not won a world cup match in their last two participation grin so I am not surprised you guys have started talking trash about Ghana again! Once again, Ghana is going to surprise the MUMUdom Republic grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by BUSHYANUS(m): 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2013
i hate Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by PetroDolla2: 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2013
BUSHY-ANUS:

i hate Ghana
Hahahahaha what's news bout that? Abeg yarn me something new o jare. a MUMUgerian hating Ghana/Ghanaians na new tinz? SMH and we love it when you MUMUs hate us because hatred only causes misery to the one hating. so I wish all MUMus will hate Ghana so hard that dem go kpeme fast fast, go meet satan for yonder grin grin grin grin fuckeduppedsness but come to think of it, is that country not already hell on earth? grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by safarigirl(f): 8:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
@jigga-man and PetroCedi, if Ghana is so badazz stop trying to convince us that they are the way people try to convince us that CIV is Africa's Brazil. Abeg suspend this baseless arguement until June, na that time we go know who be the bad guys
Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by naijanoni(m): 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
Jigga_man101:

And dont try to diminish the Olympic gold(which is better than d U/20 world cup) becos u can't win it.And dont try to diminish the AFCON becos u can't win it when 16 teams are participating.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Jiggaman101: 8:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
naija noni:
And dont try to diminish the Olympic gold(which is better than d U/20 world cup) becos u can't win it.And dont try to diminish the AFCON becos u can't win it when 16 teams are participating.

I haven't, I think it is a great achievement. The only I said was that Ghana is the only african team to win under 20 but Nigeria isn't the only african team to win gold.

Afcon is really trash though. Look at the attendance of all the games from Angola, Gabon Equatorial Guinea - South Africa. Most of the seats were empty

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by PetroDolla2: 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
safarigirl: @jigga-man and PetroCedi, if Ghana is so badazz stop trying to convince us that they are the way people try to convince us that CIV is Africa's Brazil. Abeg suspend this baseless arguement until June, na that time we go know who be the bad guys
this is the only sensible comment you have posted so far. Look, Bin Gbagbo started this thread to motivate Ghanaians who come to nairaland, even though knowing the hatred nigerians have toward Ghana, having such a thread was needless, in my opinion. it had nothing to with you nigerians. yet some of you people jumped on it as if na fight,huh? nigerians are allowed to say they can win the world cup in brazil even if they had not won a single match at the world cup in about 16 years, and Ghanaians can't say they can win the trophy in Brazil. that is what the arguments and counter arguments have been all about, isn't it?

or is it a crime for Ghanaians to aspire to win the world cup and say it on nairaland without your countrymen and women trying to rubbish that legitimate aspiration? common sense should tell everyone that football is played on the fields, not with mouths. If you live in Ghana, you'll undserstand the huge sense of optimism sweeping across the country that Ghana will do well no matter the group we find ourselves. and we have every reason to be optimistic. second round finish in our maiden appearance and a quarter final in the next competition should tell any rational and reasonable person that when it comes to the world cup(not AFCON ooh), Ghana can't be dismissed with the wave of the hand. we are not called warriors for nothing. we are fighters and we are not going to brazil to watch Brazilian girls dance samba.

trying to rubbish Ghana's claim to the trophy is Brazil is senseless, disgusting and plain stvpid! hope your compatriots will stop talking crap and wait for June to see what will happen,huh? It's entirely up to them. if they refrain from talking crap, then there'll be no problem,huh?

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Jiggaman101: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2013
PetroDolla2: this is the only sensible comment you have posted so far. Look, Bin Gbagbo started this thread to motivate Ghanaians who come to nairaland, even though knowing the hatred nigerians have toward Ghana, having such a thread was needless, in my opinion. it had nothing to with you nigerians. yet some of you people jumped on it as if na fight,huh? nigerians are allowed to say they can win the world cup in brazil even if they had not won a single match at the world cup in about 16 years, and Ghanaians can't say they can win the trophy in Brazil. that is what the arguments and counter arguments have been all about, isn't it?

or is it a crime for Ghanaians to aspire to win the world cup and say it on nairaland without your countrymen and women trying to rubbish that legitimate aspiration? common sense should tell everyone that football is played on the fields, not with mouths. If you live in Ghana, you'll undserstand the huge sense of optimism sweeping across the country that Ghana will do well no matter the group we find ourselves. and we have every reason to be optimistic. second round finish in our maiden appearance and a quarter final in the next competition should tell any rational and reasonable person that when it comes to the world cup(not AFCON ooh), Ghana can't be dismissed with the wave of the hand. we are not called warriors for nothing. we are fighters and we are not going to brazil to watch Brazilian girls dance samba.

trying to rubbish Ghana's claim to the trophy is Brazil is senseless, disgusting and plain stvpid! hope your compatriots will stop talking crap and wait for June to see what will happen,huh? It's entirely up to them. if they refrain from talking crap, then there'll be no problem,huh?

Cosign a million times

Excellent, best statement ever. We play the game on the field while others play with their mouth. Ghanaians have every reason to believe that we will do well. Anything other than semifinals or finals is disappointment for this Ghanaian team.

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by PetroDolla2: 8:47pm On Dec 09, 2013
naija noni:
you are entitled to your opinion that an olympic gold is better than an under 20 title. in my opinion, I value the under 20 title more than the olympic gold because Ghana is the only African country to have won it so far. it is always special to be cited as the only country to have done so so, isn't it? grin which is the more reason AFCON has lost its relevance and prestige. how many countries have won AFCON- probably 20 or so,huh? how many african countries have reached the quarter final of the world cup? only three. that makes it a special club, isn't it?

For most Ghanaians winning AFCON is no longer a priority, winning the world cup is what matters,huh? so I personally will be happy to see Ghana reach the quarters or semis at the world cup, no matter how they perform at AFCON. 4 titles and with one trophy sitting permanently in Accra, what more can you ask for? Peoples ambition grow as they go along. so while some are targeting AFCON, others are focused on bigger things. I am not saying targeting AFCON is a bad thing, but nations and people have different aspirations and goals in life. so enjoy your afcon title, mate.

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by PetroDolla2: 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Cosign a million times

Excellent, best statement ever. We play the game on the field while others play with their mouth. Ghanaians have every reason to believe that we will do well. Anything other than semifinals or finals is disappointment for this Ghanaian team.
And the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says AMEN! Ghana has to do it for Africa. if Ghana fails to shine in Brazil, which country can perform better?

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by naijanoni(m): 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2013
Jigga_man101:

I haven't it I think it is a great achievement. The only I said was that Ghana is the only african team to win under 20 but Nigeria isn't the only african team to win gold.

Afcon is really trash though. Look at the attendance of all the games from Angola, Gabon Equatorial Guinea - South Africa. Most of the seats were empty
Huh ??.Trash ??.That is becos u've failed to win it in 31 yrs,thats why u would downplay it.If u had won it this year,i'm 100 percent sure u wont be saying its trash.There is a popular saying :-
"The looser downplays the game".
Dont know about angola and guinea,but there was a fair amount attendance in dis year's afcon at S.A.The AFCON is the biggest african tournament,so it aint trash.
Compare d recent AFCONs with those of the 70s and 80s which u last won(only 8 teams participating),which was a bigger trash ??

2 Likes

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by PetroDolla2: 8:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
Jigga_man101:

I haven't it I think it is a great achievement. The only I said was that Ghana is the only african team to win under 20 but Nigeria isn't the only african team to win gold.

can you compare the response of Ghanaian players to afcon to the world cup? I have this feeling if care is not taken we may have to take our under 20 or under 17 side to afcon, because the big guys are simply not interested

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by PetroDolla2: 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2013
naija noni:
Huh ??.Trash ??.That is becos u've failed to win it in 31 yrs,thats why u would downplay it.If u had won it this year,i'm 100 percent sure u wont be saying its trash.There is a popular saying :-
"The looser downplays the game".
Dont know about angola and guinea,but there was a fair amount attendance in dis year's afcon at S.A.The AFCON is the biggest african tournament,so it aint trash.
Compare d recent AFCONs with those of the 70s and 80s which u last won(only 8 teams participating),which was a bigger trash ??
hahahahahah ma guy, afcon ended months ago. I advise you guys to focus on the big show in brazil before you get booted out again in the first round,huh? if it makes you happy, yessssssssssssssss nigeria is africa's champs! are you happy? okay, so forget about afcon and focus on the bigger challenge in Brazil,huh? I am tired of seeing your team always crashing out in the first round. that should be your focus 100% at the moment. how will it sound like if you go to brazil and flop? after brazil, no one will be talking about afcon, the spotlight will be on the team that shines in Brazil. so forget about afcon and focus on the world cup.huh? you have a very inexperienced side, so you need to work real hard on that team to get anywhere in brazil,huh? free advice, buddy

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Jiggaman101: 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
PetroDolla2: can you compare the response of Ghanaian players to afcon to the world cup? I have this feeling if care is not taken we may have to take our under 20 or under 17 side to afcon, because the big guys are simply not interested

Exactly we have sent our team b to the past three afcon. Imagine if Ghana had his full team those three years what team would really be able to beat us. We simply don't care. Egypt felt the wrath of Ghanaian excellence when we had close to full squad.

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by phillippiano(m): 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by phillippiano(m): 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
This forum is strictly for Nigerians. Foreigners are not allowed!.

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by safarigirl(f): 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Exactly we have sent our team b to the past three afcon. Imagine if Ghana had his full team those three years what team would really be able to beat us. We simply don't care. Egypt felt the wrath of Ghanaian excellence when we had close to full squad.
my dear, EVERYONE wants to be at the World Cup because it exposes players- especially when one isn't having the best of times at club level e.g KP Boateng.

They didn't come for AFCON, not because it's trash, but because it doesn't get as much following European scouts they're planning to get, just like Africans don't follow the European version because we have no business with it.

Odemwingie was not at AFCON and he didn't complain, but look how he's almost begging to make the World Cup team, that's where the exposure is, that's where the world's attention is
Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Jiggaman101: 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2013
safarigirl: my dear, EVERYONE wants to be at the World Cup because it exposes players- especially when one isn't having the best of times at club level e.g KP Boateng.

They didn't come for AFCON, not because it's trash, but because it doesn't get as much following European scouts they're planning to get, just like Africans don't follow the European version because we have no business with it.

Odemwingie was not at AFCON and he didn't complain, but look how he's almost begging to make the World Cup team, that's where the exposure is, that's where the world's attention is

That makes sense, but for real did you see the attendance of the past afcon. Is really embarrassing.

I do however disagree with you about Uefa championship cup because lots of Africans watch that tournament compared to afcon.
Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by safarigirl(f): 11:14pm On Dec 09, 2013
Jigga_man101:

That makes sense, but for real did you see the attendance of the past afcon. Is really embarrassing.

I do however disagree with you about Uefa championship cup because lots of Africans watch that tournament compared to afcon.
I know the Ghana vs. Mali match had low attendance, I was wondering why. The Nigeria vs. Mali match on the other hand had a high attendance and I remember the South Africans on twitter were drumming up support for the Super Eagles and telling people to go and watch the match(I think they just wanted to see Mali knocked out because Mali knocked them out). I can't say for the other matches, but as far as the Nigerian matches go, there was at least a 70% attendance at the KO stages. On the Uefa cup, on my side of the world, it's not famous. It may be more popular than AFCON which is more popular than the Asian cup, for instance due to the big names, but for a tournament that was analysed on Al Jazeera for an hour, AFCON isn't quite dead yet. But you can't compare it to the UEFA due to big names and better publicity.

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Jiggaman101: 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
safarigirl: I know the Ghana vs. Mali match had low attendance, I was wondering why. The Nigeria vs. Mali match on the other hand had a high attendance and I remember the South Africans on twitter were drumming up support for the Super Eagles and telling people to go and watch the match(I think they just wanted to see Mali knocked out because Mali knocked them out). I can't say for the other matches, but as far as the Nigerian matches go, there was at least a 70% attendance at the KO stages. On the Uefa cup, on my side of the world, it's not famous. It may be more popular than AFCON which is more popular than the Asian cup, for instance due to the big names, but for a tournament that was analysed on Al Jazeera for an hour, AFCON isn't quite dead yet. But you can't compare it to the UEFA due to big names and better publicity.

The attendance for Nigeria was just as bad. More than half of the stadium was empty. The only time there are huge attendance is the host team plays apart from that really sad. Angola was the worst

1 Like

Re: Why Ghana Must Win Brazil 2014 (germany,portugal,Ghana,usa) by Emisco1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
PetroDolla2: Hahahahaha what's news bout that? Abeg yarn me something new o jare. a MUMUgerian hating Ghana/Ghanaians na new tinz? SMH and we love it when you MUMUs hate us because hatred only causes misery to the one hating. so I wish all MUMus will hate Ghana so hard that dem go kpeme fast fast, go meet satan for yonder grin grin grin grin fuckeduppedsness but come to think of it, is that country not already hell on earth? grin grin grin grin
lol. U cal 9jaria mumu.yt u kan do witout nairaland owned by 9jaria. Xowi i 4got.u guyz re 2 dump u kant create a mushroom site lyl 9jaloaded@ghana. Fil free 2 use nairaland.9jaria re fwendly.we wunt drive u. Our mod wunt ban u. Bt control ur durty mouth. Peace!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NFF Leaves Kenya Team Without Security As Harambee Stars Train In Oshodi Pry Sch / Messi Agrees To A New Barcelona Deal / Iheanacho, Simon, Awoniyi Called Up For U23 Cup Of Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.