Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Nelson Mandela Is Dead - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nelson Mandela Is Dead (65876 Views)

Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Nelson Mandela Is 'responding To Treatment' / Nelson Mandela Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by yungtunchi: 5:23am On Dec 06, 2013
#cryin#he was my political mentor and my life insipiration,my dream was neva fulfilled of meetin him one on one,i will miss my political father,no nigerian leader will or can ever be like him, R.I.P dad,till we meet again
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by iGeneral: 5:24am On Dec 06, 2013
SA has lost his greatest son. Who will now be the
hero and moral compass for Africa? May God keep
and protect our own greatest son General Olusegun
Obasanjo, the only man on the African continent
that comes closest to the Madiba ideals in
leadership. OBJ the baton of African leadership is
now in ur hand.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by bluerange(f): 5:24am On Dec 06, 2013
youngprofdguru: If SA forgets dis great son of deirs den I go naked around 12:00am swear for SA......
bros abeg cool down!
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:30am On Dec 06, 2013
R.I.P Mandela...a true hero is gone... sad
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Ibitade1993(f): 5:31am On Dec 06, 2013
[quote author=Circle-Of-Wilis]
south-africans saw him as a god, the world viewed him as a hero,,,a new religion "mandiba" may spring up

****crying***rip mandela!

( some prophets wil start claiming they prophesied his death) Abi o!
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by BlessedFellow: 5:32am On Dec 06, 2013
nijanigga:
Nonsense, even an im.be.ci.le can give these prophecies.

If am im*becile can give same why did the im*becile give same last year or the preceding year? It might interest you to know that Madiba was not ill when the prophecies were given.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by ronalmagic10(m): 5:38am On Dec 06, 2013
i-General:
SA has lost his greatest son. Who will now be the
hero and moral compass for Africa? May God keep
and protect our own greatest son General Olusegun
Obasanjo, the only man on the African continent
that comes closest to the Madiba ideals in
leadership. OBJ the baton of African leadership is
now in ur hand.

It's too early to smoke weed. C'mon, did you read the poo you wrote before posting? Do so next time, ok.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by babycee(f): 5:38am On Dec 06, 2013
Lala ngo xolo Tata cry uyi dlalile eyakho indima

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by chinexbeads: 5:39am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP a true leader.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by pendusky(m): 5:39am On Dec 06, 2013
Rest In Peace the Renown anti apartheid icon...

RIP to the freedom Fighter...

RIP to a World Role Model...

RIP NELSON MANDELLA we will Miss You much..
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Paultue: 5:40am On Dec 06, 2013
Rest in peace our great leader.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by 2tek: 5:40am On Dec 06, 2013
May his soul rest in the bossom of the Lord.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 06, 2013
yung tunchi: i will miss my political father,no nigerian leader will or can ever be like him,
Obsession with a man actually makes sense to think rubbish and exactly, mouth to talk rubbish !!

ZA was worst an hell hole compared to Nigeria Until Never Tired nor Retired MANDIBA makes it a FreeWorld for Blacks and Whites !!

Nigeria shall be Freed too,and it is all about being Hopeful, never tired,thinking Positive and struggling until the freedom is achieved ...... Mandella never loses Hope and here he is Today,in Global History, a GreatHero !!!

RIP Mandela,History shall always reward you for your succesfully achieved Struggle towards Freedom for Humanity !!
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 06, 2013
During his trial at the Supreme court on 20th April 1964, Nelson Mandela said;

"During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons will live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for. But, my lord, if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die".

This is one of the greatest statement of Mandela that I love. So courageous and true to his ideals.

RIP Mandela A.K.A madiba. The world will miss you.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by princesaam(m): 5:47am On Dec 06, 2013
May the gentle soul of my hero Tata Nelson Rolihlahla Madiba Mandela rest in perfect peace...
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Rejoice5000(f): 5:47am On Dec 06, 2013
Oh! The big iroko has fall,a Hero rest in peace.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by bizfirst: 5:48am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP Mandiba...You were the greatest! Do have a peaceful journey to your ancestors.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by kolajoo(m): 5:49am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP madiba. True hero. South Africa lost his greatest son.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by DTaj: 5:50am On Dec 06, 2013
What an icon! American flag at the White House lowered at half-mast immediately his death was announced (and will remain so till Monday); Obama directs all American installations all over the world to lower the US flag also...

Comments from world leaders (well before his death, some dating back as far as 1990) aired on sveral global TV channels showed how remarkably special the respect the entire world has for this great man!

Mandela's comments in an interview before his inauguration (after winning the South African Presidential elections) is remarkable. In response to a question about his likely assassination, especially by disgruntled whites, he said: "We don't consider ourselves as individuals, if anyone among us is not available, nothing would change the ideology behind our struggle'. What a human being, what a life he lived!

In 2004 when he retired from public life, he says: 'Don't call me, I would call you'! My public activities would henceforth be drastically reduced. Imagine that! And he voluntarily left power after a SINGLE TERM in spite of the cult figure he was in South Africa and all over the world. A renowned commentator said: 'It is incredibly amazing to see Mandela leave power after one term when most leaders in Africa hardly wish to leave even after two terms, with manipulated constitutions, etc'. He conquered hate and whole-heartedly forgave his enemies and jailers!

The ONLY African leader (past or present) to have his statues erected while alive in several non-African countries...

The entire spectrum of social media is abuzz with Mandela comments, even in countries with crazy time zones, people woke up to celebrate his life. What a life!!!

Mandela earned his stripes. Bye, bye a remarkably profound soul! An exact opposite of most Nigerian leaders in approach, attitude, mien, and spirit...

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Olabisikind: 5:53am On Dec 06, 2013
Circle-Of-Wilis:

south-africans saw him as a god, the world viewed him as a hero,,,a new religion "mandiba" may spring up

****crying***rip mandela!

( some prophets wil start claiming they prophesied his death)
like you know what was on my mind.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Edohobong: 5:55am On Dec 06, 2013
sincerenigerian: Not true.

U are still living in stone age abi? The Dr Madiba is gone but his spirit lives on
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by iceglo(f): 5:58am On Dec 06, 2013
Rest in peace cry
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Bitojoe(m): 6:01am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP,great ICON. I doubt if Nigeria can ever produce a legend like this.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by kingso28: 6:02am On Dec 06, 2013
R.I.P nelson mandela
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by sirjj(m): 6:04am On Dec 06, 2013
cryJourney well great Hero, your name can never be erased in the sand of times.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Afam4eva(m): 6:05am On Dec 06, 2013
Finally....RIP Mandiba
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by wengerjay(m): 6:06am On Dec 06, 2013
Spouse(s) Evelyn Ntoko Mase (m. 1944–1957; divorced) Winnie Madikizela (m. 1958–1996; divorced) Graça Machel (m. 1998–2013; his death) Children Madiba Thembekile Mandela Makaziwe Mandela Makgatho Lewanika Mandela Makaziwe Mandela Zenani Mandela Zindziswa Mandela
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Owilar(m): 6:07am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP big broda
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by jamesval: 6:07am On Dec 06, 2013
R I P greatest hero of our time
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by 5thNOTE: 6:07am On Dec 06, 2013
4 us to really show he meant much to us- Africa, we must sustain his legacy, how? We must stop our lazy pendence on D western nations. We must be able to fund ourselves, handle security and terrorism and maintain peace with upmost development.
Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by babycee(f): 6:08am On Dec 06, 2013
Afam4eva: Finally....RIP Mandiba

Re: Nelson Mandela Is Dead by Profayo: 6:11am On Dec 06, 2013
RIP MADIBA

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

Donald Trump Reacts To Impeachment: They Are Not After Me, They Are After You / Ukraine Sailor Attempts To Sink £5 Million Yacht Of Russian Boss (pics) / George Floyd: Hundreds Take To The Streets In US Demanding Justice (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.