Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,588 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages (6645 Views)

Top 5 Fastest Computers In The World / The Usefulness Of Computers In The Entertainment Sector / How many Computers in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Demour(m): 10:39am On Dec 10, 2013
I lyk dis..really and i hope it happens..wen it happens am gona stop using english
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Lifebender(m): 10:39am On Dec 10, 2013
dridowu: Hmmmmm nice innovation, dy shd also do d 1 dat can speak my dialect " Ijebu "..............................cheesy lol

Ijebu ko,IJUBU ni....mtchwwwwwww
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by kambili999(f): 10:39am On Dec 10, 2013
gidzbobby: Calabar needed asap...
it is not by force :p
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Chartey(m): 10:41am On Dec 10, 2013
Am I the only one who sincerely thinks this is a white elephant? How many people in the "international market" speak these languages? If China or India does this, it's fine because they have at least a billion people each who understand Mandarin/Cantonese and Hindi. But how many people speak Yoruba and Igbo in the whole world? Hausa may be ok though.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by kolubo(m): 10:46am On Dec 10, 2013
Ebira language on point
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by mafioso47(m): 10:47am On Dec 10, 2013
Nice..
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 10, 2013
Nice ideas I hope we appriciate it
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by freecharles(m): 10:48am On Dec 10, 2013
system speaking pidgin....NICE

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Controversy: 10:48am On Dec 10, 2013
Nice move
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by rusher14: 10:48am On Dec 10, 2013
Ken_Jak: Good. We need to let the white people know we're not lagging behind. We're sensible too. May God help you. Thanks for making africa proud.
Mumuu.
Did they stop you from inventing?
Did they stop you from innovating?
You don't need to teach anybody anything.
Focus on your own development every other thing shall be added.
Take that to the bank!! cool
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by toyo4souls(m): 10:48am On Dec 10, 2013
Would this work?
Will people actually buy this product?
Would you buy a computer in your local language?
Long term nko? Our Children kor? Dem go prefer am?
They better have a Good Selling Point.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by brownlord: 11:00am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan: This project is very much welcomed. It will give folks in the rural areas, who don't have an intermediate command of English, the opportunity to become IT compliant.

Yoy mean folks in rural areas that can read or understand English will be able to read in their language, ogbeni keep dreaming.

How come most educated people are not able to call some native names? my friend, its more difficult to read and write in local language.

If you doubt, bring a first class student and ask him to write a sentence in his/her local language.

Am not in support of this, is the computer's only going to be used by the three major tribes we have in Nigeria? we are not one in this country, lets stop deceiving ourselves
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by jspac(m): 11:01am On Dec 10, 2013
Ademola.A:
I know this ain't the right place to post this but just heard Bangalee ft Burna boy-Won da mo and i can't seem to pause the song. on repeat since momo.someone should pls post it here for peeps to feel what i am feeling ooo..
Why don't you post it yourself abi whitlow do you for hand?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 10, 2013
Good idea. It is not a first though! Zinox have this feature on their computers and tablets already.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by AdemolaA2: 11:03am On Dec 10, 2013
js_pac:
Why don't you post it yourself abi whitlow do you for hand?
...yes oooo..e do me for hand ooooo
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Otunbab: 11:03am On Dec 10, 2013
Olugbenger:

We wouldn't have known how s.tupid you are if u didn't make this statement.
smiley

People like you and those that liked your statement are easy to find everywhere in 9ja. If you open your eyes well, you will notice that we make our own cars, now our own computers and many other things that's definitely making 9ja the biggest in Africa. Thanks to the Igbo's. You can hang if you don't agree.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Rosytonia(f): 11:05am On Dec 10, 2013
How much?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by 360command: 11:06am On Dec 10, 2013
Olugbenger:

We wouldn't have known how s.tupid you are if u didn't make this statement.
smiley
I think you are more s.tupid than he is. Cause he just gave his opinion but you can still see that he believes in ONE NIGERIA.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Emulti(m): 11:06am On Dec 10, 2013
I Hope dey will start with Igbo language. Good move!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by KenJak(m): 11:11am On Dec 10, 2013
rusher14:
Mumuu.
Did they stop you from inventing?
Did they stop you from innovating?
You don't need to teach anybody anything.
Focus on your own development every other thing shall be added.
Take that to the bank!! cool
Guy,you're so senseless and silly,so,praising people for doing what is worthy of praise is now a sin? Infact,you're ultra foolish. Dont you have sense at all? Idiot. How many things have you invented? Even the easiest and smallest thing,in a hundred year to come,you can't invent it. You this brat.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by donlino9: 11:15am On Dec 10, 2013
kolubo: Ebira language on point
You dull, Is ebira a major language?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by veraponpo(m): 11:17am On Dec 10, 2013
Otunba.b:
Am not Igbo but I think igbo's are the brains in Nigeria. I just pray that every Nigerian do their best to patronize this and not allow another talent go down the drain.

Do you know the people doing it at all? They said "one of the facilitators..." So because he is one of the facilitators they are all from same tribe? Besides your point is not justified yet by any fact.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 10, 2013
Horayce:
and what's the scope for indigenous IT growth? Who needs this? Who will pay for it? The folks behind this arrogantly claim they are building world class products that can compete any where in the world, but common sense dictates that someone has to pay.. will we subsidise this one with free govt money? Someone has to pay..who would? The teeming mass of rural dwellers who can't read in their native language anyway? Meh..like olpc, like most other romantic ideas developed in the west without taking into account the morass of underlying factors at play, this ones doa

1000000000000000 likes.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by winteriscoming: 11:22am On Dec 10, 2013
toyo4souls: Would this work?
Will people actually buy this product?
Would you buy a computer in your local language?
Long term nko? Our Children kor? Dem go prefer am?
They better have a Good Selling Point.

I hope it works
I doubt it
No I won't
I don't think our children would prefer them
I hope so too.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by neneblazing95(f): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2013
hmmm..not a bad innovation..dey sud 1st create a sample&see how well nigerians patronize it..secondly if dey want it tu be global,hw many countries speak/understand local languages lyk hausa,yoruba or ibo..else it will jus be a waste goin down d drain!!!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Onyenna(m): 11:27am On Dec 10, 2013
Mamacita007: good idea. i wanna use microsoft word in igbo grin grin

You're on Point!!! ị nọ na KPỌM!!!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Otunbab: 11:33am On Dec 10, 2013
veraponpo:

Do you know the people doing it at all? They said "one of the facilitators..." So because he is one of the facilitators they are all from same tribe? Besides your point is not justified yet by any fact.

Am not here to argue, we know that in Nigeria the Igbo's do more of the inventing of anything and everything. I never said every other tribe can't do or are not smart or dull. If you don't agree fine.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by Onyenna(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2013
Obi di m ụtọ nke ukuu n'ụbọchi nke taa n'ihi computer-aah ndị be-anyị rụpụtara..... M na-ayọ ka Chineke nye kwa ha ikikere n' amamihe ha ga-eji n'arusikwa ọrụ ike site na Kristi Diwenuanyị, Amen!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora To Produce Computers In Local Languages by ITbomb(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2013
Horayce:
The teeming mass of rural dwellers who can't read in their native language anyway? Meh..like olpc, like most other romantic ideas developed in the west without taking into account the morass of underlying factors at play, this ones doa
Anybody that can read letters in his language should know English.
Who even told them that language is the reason for lack of growth of IT, give us the smart device at cheaper rate, not dumping a yellow color-screen device (developed for Africa market *insult*) on our market because we are cannot use highend device.
Thank God for Tecno

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Hynet Issues; Please Help / Like New US Used Asus S400CA Ultrabook - Metal Build, Core I5, Touchscreen *sold / Perfectly Clean UK Used Dell Core I7 4 Sale @ 55k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.