Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,720 members, 7,955,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:08 PM

Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 (25164 Views)

Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Nelson Mandela Finally Dropped From Us Terror Watch List / Was Nelson Mandela A Terrorist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by ifebosco: 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2013
watch this video you will understand how america and uk help destroy africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tNF0YkRQjM
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by 50calibre(m): 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
The side of Nelson Mandela people never knew.

To some he was a terrorist, to others their freedom fighter. What will you do when your people are constantly being brutalised by a certain race of people, fold your arms & smile?

Peaceful means didnt work, violence became expedient.

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by nerodenero: 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
US don't have a permanent friend!
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by collynzo2(m): 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
1 shortblackboy: An oversight maybe ?
Not an oversight, he was indeed a terrorist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R36lCK4IFuk
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by ayusco85(m): 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2013
Them dey madt ni? These americans deserve to be put on a hot seat. Like this one grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Majikals(m): 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
is that so?.....okay

Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by easyz(m): 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Pls guys how can I check mail on nairaland?

Have got 2 email both I can't view it.
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by EveryLadY(f): 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
Licensed-2-Kill:
Yet, it never reduced his value and importance in the eyes of the international community.

Funnie enough the US is the core international community,u get the irony?
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Dblinkz: 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2013
wow. crywow.
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by nora544: 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
abdulkayus: That is US and d west for u. Double standard countries. A freedom fighter is a terrorist to them. And even margaret thatcher support the apertheid regime too, bt have d gut to shake hand wit him after his release.
There is no greater terrorists like d US and UK, esp d US, bt there terrorism is sublime and also cover up.
God pass una.

But not all countries in Europa make always what america want, there are some countries they work sometimes against america.
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by ichidodo: 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2013
It depends on what side of the divide to ponder that One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist,Ask oga Robin Hood.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by olawumiseun: 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
useless economist
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Chinaimporter: 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
here: I wasnt there but I have tried to look at that listing,the ANC and PAC both banned in 1960 had their armed youth wing.
The ANC were alittle more cordianted and elightened that even when they were banned made their promising members go abroad not just on exile but to study,check Mbeki and not just any kind of study like one economist enroling for African studies at masters.
Do you know how organised they were? They had root in most African countries and before you blame those who listed them consider that their intentions were not fully accepted by even some African countries that once Zuma was to be deported from Swaziland;except for Obasanjo who received them but no account of them operating a base here maybe he didnt allow that.
Lastly like every group that has emerged the world power has always looked at them with both eyes because they could fall into the wrong hands,do you know some believed Castro had links to him,you know how that can be classified but the consolation is when Scotland campaign for his release started notice how many mayors signed asking he be released.
Know I have not made my points but consider Charles de
Gaulle of France how was looked at as only interested in affairs of his people,Stalin was even given better corporation than him,if he were to be from Africa and had an armed group under his party,trust me he would have been classified.

This is a perfect example of an inchonherent person. He is educated and enlightened, knows history better than most nigerians but his mental disability prevents him from packaging his writings well.....guy abeg go and see a psyciatrist or slow down on igbo and alcohol

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by madeinnigeria: 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
What is exactly the aim of this thread....is it to create hatred for america which u will be willing to Go to if offered an asylum or to celebrate the passing of a great african
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by obailala(m): 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
ifebosco: watch this video you will understand how america and uk help in distroying africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tNF0YkRQjM

And it is because of his open support for liberation struggles like we see in the video, that is why till date, the US still labels Castro as a 'rogue leader.'

Go against the will of the US (even if its for a noble cause) and you will be placed in the 'axis of evil' undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Phiniz(m): 12:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
emmy-richie:
And that's what I called infringement on others right. He was fighting for his people's freedom in his [size=18pt]own[/size] land, territory, threshold, home etc... There were no indications that he was killing innocent people.

Oh! now I understand that they (vultures) felt threatened by his fight for freedom from oppression.

Technically, they are the terrorists, terrorizing him (#Madiba) and his people in their lands.

Such a huge shame.
,crazy peeps,any thing african put them in disarray.i dont know what they really want africans to do.
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Adeoba10(m): 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
here: I wasnt there but I have tried to look at that listing,the ANC and PAC both banned in 1960 had their armed youth wing.
The ANC were alittle more cordianted and elightened that even when they were banned made their promising members go abroad not just on exile but to study,check Mbeki and not just any kind of study like one economist enroling for African studies at masters.
Do you know how organised they were? They had root in most African countries and before you blame those who listed them consider that their intentions were not fully accepted by even some African countries that once Zuma was to be deported from Swaziland;except for Obasanjo who received them but no account of them operating a base here maybe he didnt allow that.
Lastly like every group that has emerged the world power has always looked at them with both eyes because they could fall into the wrong hands,do you know some believed Castro had links to him,you know how that can be classified but the consolation is when Scotland campaign for his release started notice how many mayors signed asking he be released.
Know I have not made my points but consider Charles de
Gaulle of France how was looked at as only interested in affairs of his people,Stalin was even given better corporation than him,if he were to be from Africa and had an armed group under his party,trust me he would have been classified.
watin dey post watin diz one dey talk.
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Kx: 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2013
The West is d problem. I donot see them supporting anything that will reduce or limit their interest.

I was shocked watching Aljazeera prog of Mandela this morning and saw Mag Thacther's interview where she said
Britain was against Mandela's ANC because it was a violent group. That was in the heat of the Botha's aparteid regime.

Nigeria wake up, unless we take "measures" as a people to fight this suffering imposed on us by bad leadership, ...i dont know what might be the fate of children yet unborn.

Here's what mandela said on why he took to violence
""I and some colleagues came to the conclusion that as violence in this country was inevitable, it would be wrong and unrealistic for African leaders to continue preaching peace and non-violence at a time when the government met our peaceful demands with force. It was only when all else had failed, when all channels of peaceful protest had been barred to us, that the decision was made to embark on violent forms of political struggle." - Nelson Mandela-Statement at the opening of his defence in the Rivonia treason trial, April 20, 1964.
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
That's America and the West for you. They had to keep him there just to make sure he didn't rescind on the great compromise that actually favoured/favours white people in South Africa. There's too much at stake in that country and they can't afford to lose the over 70% of wealth, which belongs to the white minority.

However, since he kept his promise - they made him the most popular black man ever. The people's hero and used the western controlled media, to sell his story to everyone.

R.I.P Madiba.

2 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Khalessi: Me too. undecided
u no go use laugh kill me.
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by daylae(m): 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
not surprising. Europe had it's fork and knife still keen On SA then cus most white ruling minority were originally from Netherlands, Belgium and the UK who had support from their native governments, and the US their major alllie. And the fact that Thatcher and Reagan were best of buddies, the US had to see things her view.
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by collynzo2(m): 12:40pm On Dec 06, 2013
Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by Nelson Mandela’s MK terrorists. Here are some highlights
-Church Street West, Pretoria, on the 20 May 1983
-Amanzimtoti Shopping complex KZN, 23 December
1985 -Krugersdorp Magistrate’s Court, 17 March 1988
-Durban Pick ‘n Pay shopping complex, 1 September 1986
-Pretoria Sterland movie complex 16 April 1988
– limpet mine killed ANC terrorist M O Maponya
instead
-Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court, 20 May 1987
-Roodepoort Standard Bank 3 June, 1988
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by ichommy(m): 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
Wild
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by collynzo2(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Victims of Mandela's terrorist bombing in 1983

Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Whats shocking about this news?? Oh some of you naiive folks here think the West loved Mandela? Lol! Please go back to your history books people! David Cameron (Chameleon) who was giving 'glowing tributes' yesterday was part of the british youth groups in the mid 80s that travelled to apartheid South África with 'Kill Mandela' tee-shirt on his back.
Magareth Thatcher and her conservative party including the Queen of England were one of the biggest supporters of the apartheid regime during her reign.
The list is endless.

4 Likes

Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by LeStylo: 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Kx: The West is d problem. I donot see them supporting anything that will reduce or limit their interest.

I was shocked watching Aljazeera prog of Mandela this morning and saw Mag Thacther's interview where she said
Britain was against Mandela's ANC because it was a violent group. That was in the heat of the Botha's aparteid regime.

Nigeria wake up, unless we take "measures" as a people to fight this suffering imposed on us by bad leadership, ...i dont know what might be the fate of children yet unborn.

Here's what mandela said on why he took to violence
""I and some colleagues came to the conclusion that as violence in this country was inevitable, it would be wrong and unrealistic for African leaders to continue preaching peace and non-violence at a time when the government met our peaceful demands with force. It was only when all else had failed, when all channels of peaceful protest had been barred to us, that the decision was made to embark on violent forms of political struggle." - Nelson Mandela-Statement at the opening of his defence in the Rivonia treason trial, April 20, 1964.

Thank you sir.
It might interest you to know that it was after Johannes Savimbi's death that the truth of the huge support he was receiving form the US for engaging in a traumatizing civil war against his country for 27 long years was exposed. This is the reality, as long as your interest is a threat to Western prosperity, you are a threat. Subtly or brazenly! And the end, of course, justifies the means - Always!
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by alakara(m): 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Even British PM david Cameron wanted him hanged in 1985.
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by 9icegee: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
hi guys... check this thread out and be free to leave ur comments https://www.nairaland.com/1542599/before-die-want-wot-wud
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Bome01(m): 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
alingo4life:

What is this one saying?
He's talking sense!
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Muttex(m): 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ohhh my God, you are wonderful.....lession learnt
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
And now thesame americans are busy eulogising him. Silly hypocrates superpower my foot.
Re: Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 by bigx(m): 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
So someday Boko Haram might get the same?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trump Accuses Pfizer, Others of Working Against His Re-Election Which He "Won" / U.S. Supreme Court May Not Have Final Say In Election, Despite Trump Threat / Israel's Mossad Helped Brazil Foil Hezbollah Attack, Two Arrested.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.