Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? (3141 Views)

Ndiigbo: The Love For Jonathan And Hate To Ngige,okorocha Etc. / Can Jonathan Win Election Through A Campaign Of Personal Attacks And Hate? / Uk Whites Scampered For Safety After A Nigerian Identified Self At Train Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
Because Mandela let them keep their loot, while Mugabe said NO, we must re-distribute.

Discuss.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Mynd44: 4:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
Cos Mugabe does not want to step down as president. He wants to die there

1 Like

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by LajaLaba: 4:38pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Because Mandela let them keep their loot, while Mugabe said NO, we must re-distribute.

Discuss.
U are welcome to Zimbabwe anytime my friend..Zimbabwe the best country ever!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mynd_44: Cos Mugabe does not want to step down as president. He wants to die there
Why is that any of whitey's business? The Zimbabwe constitution allows him to contest elections, so what's your problem? Why should he step down?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Laja Laba: U are welcome to Zimbabwe anytime my friend..Zimbabwe the best country ever!
Not sure if this was meant as sarcasm, but many people including whites who fled Zimbabwe during Mugabe's land redistribution program are now begging to be let back in, since the country began booming again following the failure of western sanctions. So you could say the sacrifice was worth it. Afterall today the Zimbabwean majority own the land, not a tiny white minority.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Mynd44: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Why is that any of whitey's business? The Zimbabwe constitution allows him to contest elections, so what's your problem? Why should he step down?
Well if a regime has been there for +27 years and inflation has risen so high, then there should be a change

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mynd_44: Cos Mugabe does not want to step down as president. He wants to die there

Lol... grin
Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
I've been quite busy and I've posted too many comments on nl today. I guess TGIF got to me. But I'll bless this topic before I call it a day.

I'd say Mugabe also got his Mandela great compromise moment after he signed the Lancaster House Agreement. He was on his way to being the next Nelson Mandela. He got knighted by the Queen in 1993 for that. However, most people don't know that Mugabe actually lived in Ghana for a few years when Kwame Nkrumah was the PM and he was inspired first-hand by Nkrumah. heck, he met his wife in Ghana. He understands the game and the white people's mentality regarding Africa. So I'd say he's a student of the struggle when Pan-Africanism was the only consciousness on the continent.

I believe that influenced him. I think he also also studied the downfall of Patrice Lumumba. And that must have influenced how he played the game and he played it so smart that everything he did with the land reforms can never be rescinded long after he's gone. There would have to be another colonialisation for white folks to own almost everything in Zimbabwe again. I guess that's why the western media had to character assassinate him, since that's the only way they can get him. You've to bow and bend-over to the owners of the world, to be celebrated. Black people don't have any right to pick and choose what belong to them or how they want to live. It's either you're a conformist - or be destroyed.

Not taking anything away from the two great men/icons. I'd say they both represent the African remix of MLK vs. Malcolm X. With MLK being the media and white people's darling - and Malcolm X as the racist one. Two different approaches - but a common ground which resonates around freedom for their people. It's now left for critics and commentators to deliberate on which of two end-result is more deserving on the long run.

I'm out! cool

Uhuru.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
Well if a regime has been there for +27 years and inflation has risen so high, then there should be a change
Not if the inflation was caused by western sanctions, imposed on the country for their "daring" to demand equality with the white minority.
Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Omexonomy: 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
because mugabe has refuse to be puppet to western nation e.g the pink nose primeminister of england. He returnd all the stolen farmland from the european back to his people.
While mandela was watching the withe enslaving his people.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Mynd44: 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Not if the inflation was caused by western sanctions, imposed on the country for their "daring" to demand equality with the white minority.
First rule of leadership: Everything is you fault
Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by IdomaLikita: 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
Exactly! Because He let the Whites Keep their Loot! Mugabe is the Real Africa Hero

1 Like

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
First rule of leadership: Everything is your fault
Well if you stop a nation from trading, from accessing loans and credit, and its economy collapses, it was YOUR fault. YOU imposed the wicked sanctions on the country.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
The whites will always get U or eliminate U once they go after you...that Mandela understood and decided to compromise for the sake of peace.

If you doubt my theory above, consult history-from haile selassie emperor of Ethopia to the most recent, Gaddafi etc.

The last has not been heard of Mugabe's defiance.

The black race is too divided and mentally limited to become truly free from neo - colonialism.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by LajaLaba: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
truth_bastille: The whites will always get U or eliminate U once they go after you...that Mandela understood and decided to compromise for the sake of peace.

If you doubt my theory above, consult history-from haile selassie emperor of Ethopia to the most recent, Gaddafi etc.

The black race is too divided and mentally limited to become truly free from neo - colonialism.
Word!
Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by LajaLaba: 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Not sure if this was meant as sarcasm, but many people including whites who fled Zimbabwe during Mugabe's land redistribution program are now begging to be let back in, since the country began booming again following the failure of western sanctions. So you could say the sacrifice was worth it. Afterall today the Zimbabwean majority own the land, not a tiny white minority.
grin grin
Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by oldenglish: 6:39pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mandela is a sale out. After he won the election and up till these day Soweto is still the same. What then did he fight? To get the presidential seat I guess.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by adconline(m): 6:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
because RSA is keeping Zimbabwe on life support. RSA supplies Zimbabwe with electricity and pays some of their national bills. Would u rather identify with success or failure?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by adconline(m): 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
truth_bastille: The whites will always get U or eliminate U once they go after you...that Mandela understood and decided to compromise for the sake of peace.

What did these African megalomaniacs achieve with their pan Africanism? Mandela was treated in RSA hospitals. Ghadafi had to be treated in EU. His sons got educated in US and UK. Why didn't he build a world class university/hospital in Libya? How many times have u heard of Fidel Castro going to US for medical treatment? Cuba has a better medical care than any African country? Their life expectancy is 79yrs while Naija is about 48yrs

1 Like

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by gramci: 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Why is that any of whitey's business? The Zimbabwe constitution allows him to contest elections, so what's your problem? Why should he step down?

God bless you
Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Desola(f): 7:18pm On Dec 06, 2013

Good observation!
Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by OmoTier1(m): 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2013
How insensitive can the OP be that on a day the World contemplates on the death of Mandela, you are posting rubbish about white hating blah blah.

Sometimes you just have to wonder what manner of beings live amongst us.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Omo_Tier1: How insensitive can the OP be that on a day the World contemplates on the death of Mandela, you are posting rubbish about white hating blah blah.

Sometimes you just have to wonder what manner of beings live amongst us.

The OP is just trying to draw attention to the injustice meted on Zimbabwe by white supremacists by juxtaposing with Mandela's system of leadership.

Its a good discussion at the right time

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Eziachi: 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2013
White or no white, Mugabe is difficult to be loved by any decent human being irrespective of your skin colour. He is a psychopathic murderer, economic looter, election fraudster and the most tyranical dictators of the 21st century, that change the country's law book like toilet roll, if that is what young African will looks up to as a role model just to score a pointless racial point, I can only say that we are damned.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by russellino: 7:32pm On Dec 06, 2013
ROSSIKE: Because Mandela let them keep their loot, while Mugabe said NO, we must re-distribute.

Discuss.

What loot? Kindly explain who looted SA and how.

Mandela is a statesman who left office after one term and showed his oppressors how big he was by loving them when he had the chance to murder them at the drop of a hat. There is no comparison between the two men. Madiba is a statesman per excellence while time has revealed mugabe to be a sit-tight despot and typical self absorbed african big man.

Mugabe's decades of rule has ground Zimbabwe to a halt with the economy in shambles and his draconian tactics against his rivals that has turned his country to the oppressive police state that he was supposedly fighting against years ago. In short that old man aint shite!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by adconline(m): 7:44pm On Dec 06, 2013
This silly question can best be answered by millions of Zimbaweans living in RSA. Also find out how many South Africans living in Zimbabwe

1 Like

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Eziachi: 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
truth_bastille:

The OP is just trying to draw attention to the injustice meted on Zimbabwe by white supremacists by juxtaposing with Mandela's system of leadership.

Its a good discussion at the right time
Good on him to draw the world attention to a nation called Zimbabwe in total isolation of everyone, except for the poster. When is he going to draw our attention to all the black despots scattered all over African, killing , maiming and sometimes starving their own people?
Zimbabwe was once a world food exporter, but golden boy Mugabe managed to turn he into a food begging nation just because he loved power.
Eliminated all other freedom fighter one after the other including the great Joshua Nkomo, who deserved to be president in 1980, only that Mugabe came from the largest ethnic tribe (as always with Africa).

Had the opposition not had agreed to share power with him to lessen the sanction, Zimbabwe will by now be making north Korea look like paradise on earth.
Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by LajaLaba: 10:04pm On Dec 06, 2013
The Op should really be ashamed of himself....Lemme ask u this have u ever been to Zimbabwe?
Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 06, 2013
adconline:

What did these African megalomaniacs achieve with their pan Africanism? Mandela was treated in RSA hospitals. Ghadafi had to be treated in EU. His sons got educated in US and UK. Why didn't he build a world class university/hospital in Libya? How many times have u heard of Fidel Castro going to US for medical treatment? Cuba has a better medical care than any African country? Their life expectancy is 79yrs while Naija is about 48yrs

You don't need to fraudulently reduce Nigeria's life expectancy just to support your slavehood. Cuba has only 10 million people to cater for, so comparing them to Nigeria is madness. And Mugabe has achieved a LOT, including redistributing the land and resources to his people - the greatest gift he could ever bequeath them. What can you offer the people of Zimbabwe except servitude to your white overlords?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by oldenglish: 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2013
Eziachi:
Eliminated all other freedom fighter one after the other including the great Joshua Nkomo, who deserved to be president in 1980, only that Mugabe came from the largest ethnic tribe (as always with Africa)..
Yes and he was rewarded with a knighthood by the people that told him to kill NKOMO thinking he will do their bidding for ever.
Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by DerideGull(m): 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
Eziachi:
Good on him to draw the world attention to a nation called Zimbabwe in total isolation of everyone, except for the poster. When is he going to draw our attention to all the black despots scattered all over African, killing , maiming and sometimes starving their own people?
Zimbabwe was once a world food exporter, but golden boy Mugabe managed to turn he into a food begging nation just because he loved power.
Eliminated all other freedom fighter one after the other including the great Joshua Nkomo, who deserved to be president in 1980, only that Mugabe came from the largest ethnic tribe (as always with Africa).

Had the opposition not had agreed to share power with him to lessen the sanction, Zimbabwe will by now be making north Korea look like paradise on earth.

The above post is an act of just towing the stream of thought established by the Europeans. If the Europeans had called Mugabe the messiah Africans had waited for long time, this type of post would not have been constructed by an African. Mugabe stood tall and focused while reiterating that Africa is for Africans period.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Whites Love Mandela And Hate Mugabe? by DerideGull(m): 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx: I've been quite busy and I've posted too many comments on nl today. I guess TGIF got to me. But I'll bless this topic before I call it a day.

I'd say Mugabe also got his Mandela great compromise moment after he signed the Lancaster House Agreement. He was on his way to being the next Nelson Mandela. He got knighted by the Queen in 1993 for that. However, most people don't know that Mugabe actually lived in Ghana for a few years when Kwame Nkrumah was the PM and he was inspired first-hand by Nkrumah. heck, he met his wife in Ghana. He understands the game and the white people's mentality regarding Africa. So I'd say he's a student of the struggle when Pan-Africanism was the only consciousness on the continent.

I believe that influenced him. I think he also also studied the downfall of Patrice Lumumba. And that must have influenced how he played the game and he played it so smart that everything he did with the land reforms can never be rescinded long after he's gone. There would have to be another colonialisation for white folks to own almost everything in Zimbabwe again. I guess that's why the western media had to character assassinate him, since that's the only way they can get him. You've to bow and bend-over to the owners of the world, to be celebrated. Black people don't have any right to pick and choose what belong to them or how they want to live. It's either you're a conformist - or be destroyed.

Not taking anything away from the two great men/icons. I'd say they both represent the African remix of MLK vs. Malcolm X. With MLK being the media and white people's darling - and Malcolm X as the racist one. Two different approaches - but a common ground which resonates around freedom for their people. It's now left for critics and commentators to deliberate on which of two end-result is more deserving on the long run.

I'm out! cool

Uhuru.

You have been spectacular with few posts to your credit. It appears you are staying away from bottles recently.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Backed By Some Nigerians Are A Disgrace To Africa! / Maiduguri Under Attack. Details Later / Presidential, National Assembly Elections – LIVE UPDATES (results)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.