Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,056 members, 7,838,679 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Can U Marry An Absentee Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can U Marry An Absentee Husband (1379 Views)

Ladies,can U Marry A Man With 2 Or 3 Kids? / Pastor Says I Should Marry An Ifa Worshipper, Now I Am Regretting —wife / Can U Marry A Lady Dat Isnt Ready To Drop Her Surname (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by teeyy: 4:53pm On Dec 06, 2013
This got me confused when I saw this pics on a friend DP, I kept asking questions, all she could say was that her husband is in the states, and the bro inlaw would represent him if they are 2 exchange vows. Ladies outthere pls can u marry ur fiance's picture .

Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by StPete: 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2013
I cannot marry in absenteeism but...

If after making all d marriage arrangements and the lady in question has something EXTREMELY important to do outside the country and we cannot cancel the wedding than go ahead with it, then I'll bulge but...

Trust me, any lady who represents my bride-to-be must also represent her in my bed and must taste the kobo cool
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by UjSizzle(f): 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2013
Nope. I don't know how people do iy, but I can't. Wouldn't feel like i was getting married at all undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by Mynd44: 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2013
I will rather wait forever

2 Likes

Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by Kanwulia: 7:22pm On Dec 06, 2013
Why not?
It is cheaper! kiss
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2013
Mynd_44: I will rather wait forever

Seconded!
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
I wish I did, I for don marry like 3 by now.

I will just be in my village dey control!
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
This woman and her absentee husband has indeed suffered. This should be around the third time a thread is opened on her behalf.
She made the choice, let her be. Amebos raise to infinity.
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by greatgod2012(f): 5:34am On Dec 07, 2013
yellowpawpaw: This woman and her absentee husband has indeed suffered. This should be around the third time a thread is opened on her behalf.

YPP, it's not about amebo o, we learn from ther people's experience.
How can a person descend so low, in the name of desperation, agree to this type of arrangement. Is it by force. Cant she go and meet him over there? If the man really love her, why couldn't he come down for the wedding, even if it's just for two days and go back. For a lady to consent to this type of arrangement, says a lot about the lady itself.
Even if there is a thousand thread on it, people will still be learning from it. Haba! Na by force to do noisy wedding?
Abeg, i don vex.

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by deols(f): 5:58am On Dec 07, 2013
I have seen something like this before. The husbands younger brother represented him and the wife did all the kneeling and cake cutting wth him.

I found it disturbing. I dont see myself in such a situation.

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by greatgod2012(f): 7:16am On Dec 07, 2013
deols: I have seen something like this before. The husbands younger brother represented him and the wife did all the kneeling and cake cutting wth him.

I found it disturbing. I dont see myself in such a situation.

can you imagine
And when that BIL is trying to play some pranks with her, she will start to shout and run to NL that she needs help, her BIL want to sleep with her, when in actual fact, it was she and the BIL that was joined together.
Confused people.

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by greatgod2012(f): 7:18am On Dec 07, 2013
Mynd_44: I will rather wait forever

abi o, when it isnot compulsory that everybody should get married.
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by Mrsmansson(f): 8:39am On Dec 07, 2013
greatgod2012:

can you imagine
And when that BIL is trying to play some pranks with her, she will start to shout and run to NL that she needs help, her BIL want to sleep with her, when in actual fact, it was she and the BIL that was joined together.
Confused people.
My Ex proposed a similar deal.he was like his brother will stand for him and their are so many reasons why he cant come
I was just 23 sef so where i dey rush dey go
And his useless brother was already hitting on me
I took off
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by greatgod2012(f): 8:51am On Dec 07, 2013
Mrs mansson:
My Ex proposed a similar deal.he was like his brother will stand for him and their are so many reasons why he cant come
I was just 23 sef so where i dey rush dey go
And his useless brother was already hitting on me
I took off

because you were wise and not desperate, if it were some gullible and desperate ladies, they wouldn't see anything wrong with it, they would even connive with the BIL on eating the forbidden fruit till the real owner comes around.

Good for you jare my sister.

2 Likes

Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 07, 2013
, I'm not against the topic or pple's comments but those posting this same picture everywhere. Its her choice, what is their problem?
I'm sure it leaked out from the so called friends and well wishers who attended the marriage ceremony.
They should let her be.
She married an absentee husband,fine!
Most of us married presentee husband, all fine!
It still does not reduce the number of divorce in naija.
Each to his own tent.
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2013
For the fact that there is a picture like this means pple r doing that. What worked for me might not work for u.
If at d end of the day, everybody happy, isn't that what we all want in marriage. This is her own way. Let her be.

Poster, stop lying. This same picture has even made front page b4 and a diff story followed it.
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by EfemenaXY: 10:49am On Dec 08, 2013
Pregnancy by post should help them when it comes to having kids... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by deols(f): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
greatgod2012:

can you imagine
Confused people.

abi..idont kniw how the idea got conceived in the firat place. cant fathom it
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 09, 2013
What? Some men send their brother/male relative to stand in for them at their own wedding, take vows on their behalf and stuff? Are you kidding me? What the hell? shocked
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 09, 2013
Re: Can U Marry An Absentee Husband by ireneidiva(f): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
yellowpawpaw: This woman and her absentee husband has indeed suffered. This should be around the third time a thread is opened on her behalf.

lmao! Ypp you are funny! You are right anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Torture Maid May Get 15 Years In Jail / Do Ikoyi Federal Marriage Registry Open On Boxing Day? / Husband Telling Wife To Make Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.