Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

All your Inverter problems - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / All your Inverter problems (144774 Views)

Inverter[cost And Usage] Make Your Inverter Batteries Last For 10hours At A Go / Xmas Bonanza: Get Your Inverter Today & Say Bye Bye To Unstable Power Supply. / Buy Your Inverter Now For 50,000. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All your Inverter problems by israel7732: 7:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
dami_paul:

Thanks guys.

So the bottom line now is to get new batteries? (Pls if there's anyone selling American batteries in Abuja, kindly send me a pm, thanks)

Before buying the new batteries, are you sure your inverter has 'cc cv' charging in it.? If not, you will be buying batteries every year or there about. I rest my case. Good luck.
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
segzi cres:
Its a destop using a 32gb ram, basically an animation deskrop, so uses up alotta power when working. Thats why im concerned
The typical power rating of desktop power pack is between 200 - 400watts.

An inverter of 800VA- 1.2KVA with a minimum of 12V 100AH battery capacity is ok for a start.
Re: All your Inverter problems by damipaul(m): 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
israel7732:

Before buying the new batteries, are you sure your inverter has 'cc cv' charging in it.? If not, you will be buying batteries every year or there about. I rest my case. Good luck.

Thanks boss. Pls how do I know if it has 'cc cv', is there a way to test for that?

1 Like

Re: All your Inverter problems by israel7732: 6:30am On Dec 12, 2013
dami_paul:

Thanks boss. Pls how do I know if it has 'cc cv', is there a way to test for that?
check the maker's product descriptions on their website or the inverter's manual.
Re: All your Inverter problems by jbadmus: 10:50am On Dec 12, 2013
Please ,I need the advice of gurus in the house as to the type/make of inverter and battery to buy.I need a 1.5kVA inverter with 2* 200AH,12V battery to power the following electronics gadgets: one tv,one decoder,two standing fans,4 units of bulb and one DVD.
Re: All your Inverter problems by jbadmus: 11:07am On Dec 12, 2013
Unique!:
Where is the OP?

I got a 1.5kva Luminous inverter + 2*200 amps batteries installed just over 2 months ago. Working very well, I'm really pleased. Only concern is I noticed recently that the batteries are beginning to bulge at the sides, which could be indicative of over charging? Please, I need answers!
How much did the procurement of this cost you,sister?I am interested in getting something similar.
Re: All your Inverter problems by TechW: 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
jbadmus: Please ,I need the advice of gurus in the house as to the type/make of inverter and battery to buy.I need a 1.5kVA inverter with 2* 200AH,12V battery to power the following electronics gadgets: one tv,one decoder,two standing fans,4 units of bulb and one DVD.

Send me a PM if you are in Abuja or it's environs, you may indicate your location for other genuine dealers to assist you too as you need to meet with the dealer one on one.

However, inverter is not always by name as some may put a sticker of known brand on an inferior brand, you need to meet one on one with the and be sure the dealer is highly knowledgeable in the item he or she is selling.

You may wanna back up your energy source with solar to be on the safe side should PHCN go off for more than 24 hours.

1 Like

Re: All your Inverter problems by Cachez(m): 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2013
If anyone is interested in 3 months used two 12V,150AH North star battteries made in USA, kindly contact me on 08035031557 or send mail to fadakoy@yahoo.com The reason I want to sell them is because I just got a new 3.5KVA,48V inverter that requires four batteries, I don't want to combine the used two batteries with another two new batteris in Series. The used batteries are in good condition.
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 7:14am On Dec 13, 2013
Tech_W:
Thanks dear. I was surprised at some issues people are having with their inverters with all the awareness so far, I guess there are many substandard products in the market and unsuspecting buyers are really falling for them.
The problem people always have is that they don't consult professional before buying. You don't buy inverter because is cheap, you have to also consider maitenance. My advice is before you buy inverter just talk to somebody otherwise you will always regret.
Re: All your Inverter problems by feflo: 9:43am On Dec 13, 2013
Joeadamxx: Good day Sunny,

Thanks for your offer to help solve inverter problems.
Until recently, I was using the Sukam 10KVA 15 batteries(200ah) inverter. Unfortunately, the batteries only lasted about a year before they all ran down.
I made enquiries and was told that the best and longest lasting batteries are the ones with the higher amps/hr. So, I sold my inverter and batteries for cheap and bought a new system based on the cyberpower 7.5kva - 48v. I bought 2vx24 batteries (600ah), but I have been having problems since then. As the inverter seems not to be capable of coping with the batteries, even after buying 2 50ah battery chargers. As the inverter always trip off on overheating between 35 - 47 degrees.

I have been going back and forth with cyberpower and the supplier and now the temperature is normal at about 35 deg, but it always trip off anytime I am on either NEPA or generator. Sometimes it trips off 10 times within an hour.

I suspect that there is a current leakage from the items not connected to the inverter when switched on, especially iron, microwave and water heater.

What do you think please? You can reach me on joeadamxx@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Joe

Your problem is a little complex and it could be one of four things

1. It could be the DC connection issue i.e the way the batteries are connected to achieve the 48VDC, connecting 24pcs. of 2V, 600AH batteries could be a little tricky even for experts. I would prefer it to be connected in two strings of 24VDC each. What i mean is connecting 12pcs in series to get 24VDC, same for the remaining 12pcs. and the two strings are connected in series to get 48VDC.

2. It could be wiring issue like you mentioned

3. The two external chargers could also be the problem. Are the chargers up to 48v, or are the 12V/24V chargers, we need to check how this are connected to the batteries.

4. Your inverter could also be the culprit here.

Most importantly, if you reside in Lagos, i could spare time to have a look to really understand where exactly the problem is, you can reach me on 08023662352.
Re: All your Inverter problems by Cachez(m): 3:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Re: All your Inverter problems by segzicres(m): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tech_W:
The typical power rating of desktop power pack is between 200 - 400watts.

An inverter of 800VA- 1.2KVA with a minimum of 12V 100AH battery capacity is ok for a start.

How much do you think i can get this particular spec for? And particular make? Wanna get then asap. Pm me on accurateimpression@gmail.com
Re: All your Inverter problems by okete(m): 12:01am On Jan 06, 2014
I deal in all kind of dead batteries of any
quantity
anywhere in Nigeria at a very good price e.g
deep
cycle batteries.marine batteries.wet cell
batteries.
etc. contact.08091019331
Re: All your Inverter problems by oluwafemim(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
feflo:

Your problem is a little complex and it could be one of four things

1. It could be the DC connection issue i.e the way the batteries are connected to achieve the 48VDC, connecting 24pcs. of 2V, 600AH batteries could be a little tricky even for experts. I would prefer it to be connected in two strings of 24VDC each. What i mean is connecting 12pcs in series to get 24VDC, same for the remaining 12pcs. and the two strings are connected in series to get 48VDC.

2. It could be wiring issue like you mentioned

3. The two external chargers could also be the problem. Are the chargers up to 48v, or are the 12V/24V chargers, we need to check how this are connected to the batteries.

4. Your inverter could also be the culprit here.

Most importantly, if you reside in Lagos, i could spare time to have a look to really understand where exactly the problem is, you can reach me on 08023662352.
Sir,with my little experience, all ur chargers wouldn't charge the batteries well.What you need is a charger. of about 100amps.
Re: All your Inverter problems by goldenimp(m): 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2014
There was rain lightning and my sukam inverter showing an overload light signal after..what can i do ?
Re: All your Inverter problems by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2014
Pls my UPS is charge and showing d red light it always shows while using without nepa but it dosnt produce any output power.tanX
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 2:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
Sorry guys, for not replying to many thou I v been doing it on my mail cox I got lots mail. You can get fast reply when you send me mail on sunnylawson2@yahoo.com. Most problem inverter we have on our inverter is caused by improper installation and load calculation. However if you are already having problem that u can solve on your own you can always ask question.
My advice for peoe that want to buy inverter is to go for American or Gernam battery cos battery is the backboninverter. Thanks
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 2:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
habib55: Pls my UPS is charge and showing d red light it always shows while using without nepa but it dosnt produce any output power.tanX
What's the capacity of the UPS?
Re: All your Inverter problems by sunnym(m): 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
goldenimp: There was rain lightning and my sukam inverter showing an overload light signal after..what can i do ?
One of the pf is damaged. You need to take it to office for repair
Re: All your Inverter problems by italo: 9:10am On Sep 15, 2014
Can someone help?

The mains supply doesnt charge my inverter...neither does it allow the inverter to power the house on battery.

I have to disconnect the mains input wires from the inverter before I can run on battery as charged by solar.

what could be the problem?

thanks
Re: All your Inverter problems by israel7732: 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
italo: Can someone help?

The mains supply doesnt charge my inverter...neither does it allow the inverter to power the house on battery.

I have to disconnect the mains input wires from the inverter before I can run on battery as charged by solar.

what could be the problem?

thanks

model please
it could be board faults.
Re: All your Inverter problems by italo: 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
israel7732:

model please
it could be board faults.

Eurostar.

Pure sine wave.
Re: All your Inverter problems by israel7732: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
italo:

Eurostar.

Pure sine wave.
is the inverter still under warranty?
if yes, take it to the maker.
else, try to unscrew and check for any physical damage or burnt components.
Re: All your Inverter problems by shithapuns: 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
th error on luminous 1.5kva inverter after a thunder storm................i hope its not burnt?
Re: All your Inverter problems by jomarick(m): 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
Unique3:

No sir, 4 units of 200AH batteries is not meant to be powered by a mere 2.2kva inverter, which may probably max at 24volts. Assuming each of the units of the battery is 12 volts, then you have 4*12volts = 48volts. Most definitely your 24volt inverter must not be forced to charge your 48 volt battery bank. That is equal to an overkill. Your unit will not give you the ultimate performance, assuming it doesn't get damaged first.
connecting the 4 12V ba3s in parallel will still give you 12V but only increases the AH.

1 Like

Re: All your Inverter problems by seyema(m): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
With all this problem, I'm even getting discouraged in getting inverter and since I don't have money for the American type
Re: All your Inverter problems by NatureEnergy1: 11:49am On Nov 05, 2014
dsunmade:
My Sukam 1.4 kva doesn't charge with generator but charges with NEPA. What's the solution?
Can one use APC online UPS as stabilizer?

google....Exulted Eagles Nig. Ltd to find the solution to all your problems on Solar Panels and Inverters...We offer the best qualities at a very moderate rate.. Our projects are so numerous to mention.

Call: Mr.Ben.....08176133439.
Re: All your Inverter problems by NatureEnergy1: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
seyema:
With all this problem, I'm even getting discouraged in getting inverter and since I don't have money for the American type

All our products are designed and produced in the US, kindly contact us now for further enquiries. Thanks.

Call: Mr. Ben..08176133439.
Re: All your Inverter problems by NatureEnergy1: 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
sunnym:
Sorry guys, for not replying to many thou I v been doing it on my mail cox I got lots mail. You can get fast reply when you send me mail on sunnylawson2@yahoo.com. Most problem inverter we have on our inverter is caused by improper installation and load calculation. However if you are already having problem that u can solve on your own you can always ask question.
My advice for peoe that want to buy inverter is to go for American or Gernam battery cos battery is the backboninverter. Thanks

Kindly visit our office in Port Harcourt or Lagos to get our high quality and longer lasting batteries, Solar Panels, Solar Water Pumps. We are a leading name on Solar/Inverter Projects. Our engineers are well trained to handle installations off all types and maintenance of old and new Projects...(EXULTED EAGLES NIG. LTD)

Call: Mr. Ben....08176133439
Re: All your Inverter problems by maslong(m): 10:35am On Nov 12, 2014
lipsrsealed
smiley
Re: All your Inverter problems by astron: 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
Most of the inverter issues are caused mostly by the users.They prefer to go for cheaper products and unqualified installers. Being a qualified engineer, I've been having the same problem with customers because they always complain of the prices whereas not minding the quality. I always allow them to try their cheaper options somewhere else but at the end of the day,they always come back to me for solutions.My moto is (WHAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL). You can reach me on this contacts 08035987778, 08070512050.for any advice and installations.whatsapp 08035987778, BB pin 74E81A83,email astronjee@yahoo.com
Re: All your Inverter problems by Koolbrainz: 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2014
well done for the great work you guys are doing
here, i have been enlightened alot. just have a
question, what are the disadvantages (if any), in
using trailer batteries, 150 or 200ah, instead of
the regular inverter batteries. i am about to set up
my sukam pure sine wave 2.4kva inverter,
someone familiar with inverters says trailer
batteries are good but may not last long, he even
uses one, i saw it with my eyes. thanls for your
quick reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) / Simple Way To Download Youtube Videos Without Any Software (Androids, PC, BB,..) / Www.whatsapp.com-download Free Whatsapp Messenger For Iphone,blackbery & Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.