Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,837,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? (5508 Views)

Poll: i will rather remain in nigeria

yes: 40% (32 votes)
no: 43% (34 votes)
undecided: 16% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? / Total Makes Offshore Oil Discovery In Nigeria Worth 85,000 Barrels A Day / How Much Is Nigeria Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by papadims: 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2008
madamkoko:

REAL CHANGE can only begin when the masses, the people (BEGIN TO HOLD THIER GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE) this means riots, radical activism, and maybe the death of a few heros for our freedom.

madamkoko; haba!!!
you can start that change by standing for what is right at all times.
for example <water & power>, when last did you pay your water and NEPA (sorry, PHCN) bill?, when last did you pray for our nation?
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by madamkoko: 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2008
when last did you pray for our nation?
[b][/b]

Such nonsensical jargon, when did praying for a nation affect meaningful change.

This is why I state in my previous statement that RELIGION MUST BE BANNED. First step towards change in Nigeria. Forcing people to  use logic to solve Nigeria's problems and not using pessimissm and complacency to argue prayers.

When I pray, I thank God. I don't say God come down to save Nigeria. (Lets destroy the corrupt leaders: thats logic.) take them out of government and leadership positions.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by madamkoko: 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2008
when last did you pay your water and NEPA (sorry, PHCN) bill?

When last did NEPA (PHCN) suply electricity. The last time I remember, my generator supplied me with power and not (NEPA/PHCN:  Problem Has only Changed Name)

I don't even know what NEPA bill has to do with anything.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by papadims: 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2008
[quote author=madamkoko link=topic=154665.msg2602422#msg2602422 date=1217772606
I don't even know what NEPA bill has to do with anything.
[quote][/quote]

it has everything to do with it. i'm just saying we should all contribute our own quota towards moving this nation foward.

we can do at our individual places of work or at school. we should follow the due proccess in every we do.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by sleekymag(m): 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2008
@ Kobojunkie
Well, following your answer with WE'LL GET THERE SOMEDAY already answers the question more than you know. It clearly shows that you do not believe it is worth LIVING in presently but you are hopeful that it will be someday. Or was that not your intention when you posted that response?

IS -- refers to the present

WILL --- refers to the future

Well, you're wrong in your interpretion of my response.
Is Nigeria worth living in? YES (we'll get there someday)
This means that Nigeria is worth living in (presently); however with the imperfect situation of things around us Nigeria is not there yet (it's far from perfect, but i still believe in it; it's got loads of problems but i choose to see them as loads of possible improvisations, its got loads of amazing opportunities and we'll get there someday (as in the perfect scenario, the future).
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by sleekymag(m): 5:11pm On Aug 04, 2008
Those of you who think Nigeria's not worth living in, what's your advice to people living in Nigeria? That they should all pack their bags and leave with their families? That the nation is doomed? Or you're just sad about the negative situation and wish there was something that could be done to salvage the nation?

If you dont believe in your country, no one will help you believe in it. And if you don't care about your country (Nigeria), at least don't discourage those who believe in it, still have hopes about it and are optimistic about its eventual turnout. Have you heard of patriotism before? Where does yours lie?
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2008
@Sleekmag, I know your ego needs you to continuing posting all that rubbish without necessarily having an understanding of the question, just cause you feel it is the right thing for you to do, as if posting that makes the problems go away.

Here are questions that were posed earlier, reposted a couple of times and now I post them yet again to help you better understand the answer to the question 'IS NIGERIA WORTH LIVING IN'. Going on a holier then thou spree as you have continued to makes no sense when it comes to answering the main question which you are yet to do up to this point. So may I ask that you put that rubbish to the side and answer these questions in all honesty and maybe, just maybe you might get a better clue of what you are being asked.

Okija_juju:

Lets discard the cheap sentiments we throw around in the name of patriotism,

what is it in this country that makes it worth living in??

Is it the light??

Or is it water??

Or security??

Is it road??

Is is telecomunication??

Is it education??

Is it tourism??

Is it transportation??

Is it our ecomomy??

Is it technology??

Is it our industries??

Is it sanitation??

Is it our government??

Is it commerce??

Is it what??

Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2008
Is Nigeria worth Living?
YESSSS
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by sleekymag(m): 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2008
Nigeria is not a developed country. IT NEVER WAS. It is a developing country with lots of shortcomings here and there. Now to answer the questions.

Light, Water, Security, Roads, telecommunications, industry etc, we know there are lots that need to be done. We know the situation is bad (every one knows that), but not that the situation is zero. You can stay in the comfort of Ohio or wherever your location is and pass judgemental opinions.
Saying it is not worth living in would mean that everyone living in Nigeria are not in their right senses or do not know what is befitting of them. Rather than crucify those who feel the country is worth living in despite d imperfections around them, you should instead congratulate them since you may not be bold enough to have the courage and faith that they do have. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and shouldn't be crucified for it. Abi freedom of opinion dey forbidden again?
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2008
sleekymag:

Nigeria is not a developed country. IT NEVER WAS. It is a developing country with lots of shortcomings here and there. Now to answer the questions.

Light, Water, Security, Roads, telecommunications, industry etc, we know there are lots that need to be done. We know the situation is bad (every one knows that), but not that the situation is zero. You can stay in the comfort of Ohio or wherever your location is and pass judgemental opinions.
Saying it is not worth living in would mean that everyone living in Nigeria are not in their right senses or do not know what is befitting of them. Rather than crucify those who feel the country is worth living in despite d imperfections around them, you should instead congratulate them since you may not be bold enough to have the courage and faith that they do have. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and shouldn't be crucified for it. Abi freedom of opinion dey forbidden again?

If you claim to understand the Original question that was asked,  Then, stop with the rambling and answer the list of questions that have been posed to help ensure you have an real understanding. All this jargons you continue with only show that you have no clue what the original question means Simple!! either be honest and accept you have little idea what the question means and stop posting the same old lines expecting it to be seen some different way.

If you want me to congratulate you, answer the questions and prove to me that you have at least some understanding of what the question is about. The very fact that you feel those who feel it is worth it need to be congratulated already speaks much of the little understanding you have of the question and notice how I continue to hammer on your lack of understanding of the main question itself? Put sentiments to the side and answer these questions please. Enough rambling and excuse fishing already.

Okija_juju:

Is it the light??

Or is it water??

Or security??

Is it road??

Is is telecomunication??

Is it education??

Is it tourism??

Is it transportation??

Is it our ecomomy??

Is it technology??

Is it our industries??

Is it sanitation??

Is it our government??

Is it commerce??

Is it what??

Why do you find it so hard to answer those simple questions instead of continuing to come up with baseless excuse after another to support some up in the air point??
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by sleekymag(m): 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2008
I quit on you, cos its either you don't understand all i've been trying to say, or your ego won't allow you to accept the veracity of my posts. Any unbiased person who reads all my posts on this thread would understand the point of view i'm coming from. And i even answered those questions in my last post, unless you chose to ignore it again. So i rest my case. Cheers!
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2008
sleekymag:

I quit on you, because its either you don't understand all i've been trying to say, or your ego won't allow you to accept the veracity of my posts. Any unbiased person who reads all my posts on this thread would understand the point of view i'm coming from. And i even answered those questions in my last post, unless you chose to ignore it again. So i rest my case. Cheers!

Notice how you want to go on my personal issue instead of focusing proving you have an understanding of the question asked. You have so far been feeding us the “I love Nigeria more than you do” rant which to this point shows you have little idea of what is being asked you but are too quick to make sure to use this opportunity to promote yourself as another person who can claim to be a member of the I-AM-MORE-PATRIOTIC-THAN-THOU  brigade. I am sorry, answer the questions or accept you have not provided any meaningful response whatsoever in this case.

You claim you answered the questions in your previous post but reading that, any intelligent person will see that you yet again brushed the questions to the side so you could push your I-AM-MORE-PATRIOTIC-THAN-THOU slogan as you almost immediately jumped to crucifying my person to make me seem the problem in this case, instead of focusing on the real problems which the thread is about.

Okija_juju:

Is it the light??

Or is it water??

Or security??

Is it road??

Is is telecomunication??

Is it education??

Is it tourism??

Is it transportation??

Is it our ecomomy??

Is it technology??

Is it our industries??

Is it sanitation??

Is it our government??

Is it commerce??

Is it what??

Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by madamkoko: 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2008
Ignore Kobojunkie: trouble maker. He only seeks attention. grin grin grin

Pls learn to present arguments without personal attacks.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2008
If only people will learn to take their own advice/practice what they preach, what a wonderful world this would be.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by kosovo(m): 8:44am On Aug 10, 2008
it's just get cripper.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Mustay(m): 12:40pm On Aug 10, 2008
Michael Scoffiels woulda been safer living In Naija than Panama tongue grin grin
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Ibime(m): 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2008
Mustay:

Michael Scoffiels woulda been safer living In Naija than Panama tongue grin grin

That was an ill series. I bought the box set and couldn't stop watching it. I can't watch the Prison Break set in Yankee. . . .but the one set in Panama was the bomb.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by vowiski(m): 4:16am On Aug 11, 2008
lol
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by kosovo(m): 6:42am On Dec 12, 2008
see the polls,
it's funny thou, that people still like to stay in this nation.
i respect everyone's opinion.
as for me lie lie.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Nnenna1(f): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Notice how you want to go on my personal issue instead of focusing proving you have an understanding of the question asked. You have so far been feeding us the “I love Nigeria more than you do” rant which to this point shows you have little idea of what is being asked you but are too quick to make sure to use this opportunity to promote yourself as another person who can claim to be a member of the I-AM-MORE-PATRIOTIC-THAN-THOU  brigade. I am sorry, answer the questions or accept you have not provided any meaningful response whatsoever in this case.

You claim you answered the questions in your previous post but reading that, any intelligent person will see that you yet again brushed the questions to the side so you could push your I-AM-MORE-PATRIOTIC-THAN-THOU  slogan as you almost immediately jumped to crucifying my person to make me seem the problem in this case, instead of focusing on the real problems which the thread is about.

Is it the light??

Or is it water??

Or security??

Is it road??

Is is telecomunication??

Is it education??

Is it tourism??

Is it transportation??

Is it our ecomomy??

Is it technology??

Is it our industries??

Is it sanitation??

Is it our government??

Is it commerce??

Is it what??

Nigeria is worth living in because only those who live in it can bolster the amenities you list above.

IMHO, this thread is very depressing. Do we really hate our country this much?
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2008
hey, If YOU hate the country, that is your business and your headache, not mine. From what I have read on here so far, people are expressing their frustration at the lack of push in the right direction that continues to exist in the country. Hating the country is a completely different issue. Please let us try to at least understand that little fact.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Nnenna1(f): 12:40am On Dec 13, 2008
Kobojunkie:

hey, If  YOU hate the country, that is your business and your headache, not mine. From what I have read on here so far, people are expressing their frustration at the lack of push in the right direction that continues to exist in the country. Hating the country is a completely different issue. Please let us try to at least understand that little fact.

Outsiders would think that the dissenters, especially you Kobojunkie, hate Nigeria despite what you state now.

Your posts are put downs for Nigeria and it's patriotic citizens. I'm sorry, but I can deduce no other conclusion, extreme as it might be. Truth is bitter, but it has to be told. If Nigeria is not worth it then what else can I say?
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 12:50am On Dec 13, 2008
Nnenna1:

Outsiders would think that the dissenters, especially you Kobojunkie, hate Nigeria despite what you state now.
The sky is blue but 10000 idiots decided it was red. What color is the sky? I ask you this because you are telling me of what outsiders think like that should somehow deter me from speaking the truth about the situation in Nigeria.
Nnenna1:

Your posts are put downs for Nigeria and it's patriotic citizens. I'm sorry, but I can deduce no other conclusion, extreme as it might be. Truth is bitter, but it has to be told. If Nigeria is not worth it then what else can I say?
Which particular post(s) are you referring to. Show me one and we can analyze it together, word by word and sentence by sentence so you can help me understand how criticizing apparent ills committed in that nation to date puts down the nation and the so called patriots.
Once again, if you think Nigeria is not worth it for you, then why attack me?
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Nnenna1(f): 1:17am On Dec 13, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I urge you as a sane human being to stop putting people who do not express themselves as you would prefer they do as being the EVIL ONES and maybe you will start to see things as they really are. NOT A SINGLE TIME ON HERE OR IN MY LIFE have I stated that NIGERIA is dead but I have had many more people with the mindset with you judge me tell me such nonsense of my self.

PLEASE NIGERIANS ARE NOT MIND READERS. YOU PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE THAT POWER. INFACT, YOU ALL SUCK AT IT. That is what is on my mind when dealing with DISSENTERS LIKE YOU who are unable to separate CRITISM from EXPRESSION OF HATE. TWO different things. Please, tell those of your mind that you know that they ought to start thinking like ADULTS and not going around labelling others when they lack understanding of what is being said. It is rude and speaks ill of the fate of that country. I read posts from people who claim to have the Staff of patriotism on their side, and I can not help but wonder if Nigeria is ready for change with people such as you around to continue making excuses and attacking those who criticize Nigeria.

Saying that Nigeria isn't worth it is objective criticism?

Seems that you do a good job of "criticizing" but can't take a dose of the same medicine. Who's the immature one now?

My intention wasn't to insult anyone, by the way. I acknowledge that my words were a little extreme. Apologies if readers were offended, but sometimes we just need to cool it because we tend to be very negative about our homeland.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Nnenna1(f): 1:28am On Dec 13, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The sky is blue but 10000 idiots decided it was red. What color is the sky? I ask you this because you are telling me of what outsiders think like that should somehow deter me from speaking the truth about  the situation in Nigeria.Which particular post(s) are you referring to. Show me one and we can analyze it together, word by word and sentence by sentence so you can help me understand how criticizing apparent ills committed in that nation to date puts down the nation and the so called patriots.

I see that you've toned your initial post to something a little saner. Good.  smiley

I used "we" as an inclusive term for Nigerians, although I know that a good number of Nigerians (thank God) know that Nigeria is worth living in. I know that Nigeria is worth it too.

Why am I attacking you? Well. Do you think I'm attacking you? So Nigeria is worth living in for you, after all? 
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 1:41am On Dec 13, 2008
Nnenna1:

I see that you've toned your initial post to something a little saner. Good. smiley
I just decided to once again give yet another one of you, the benefit of the doubt. You can only try so many times to explain that attacking those who speak out against the ills in the country does not make you more patriotic, in fact, it does the opposite.
Nnenna1:

I used "we" as an inclusive term for Nigerians, although I know that a good number of Nigerians (thank God) know that Nigeria is worth living in. I know that Nigeria is worth it too.
If Nigeria is worth living in for you does not mean it should be for all, and it in no way means that those who do not think it is worth living in are evil and you good. Please let’s stop analyzing issues as if we were idiots. A proverb says “ One man’s meat is another man’s poison”, only a fool will think that only those who do things exactly as he does ‘em should be considered sane and good. If you disagree, you only need to take a look at the terrorists who go around killing those who do not believe as they do and act as they do. Why? they are convinced they are better and everyone else is scum. Remind you of someone?>

Nnenna1:

Why am I attacking you? Well. Do you think I'm attacking you? So Nigeria is worth living in for you, after all?
I am not sure I said you were attacking me and by the way, I am waiting for the posts I requested you submit so we can analyze it once and for all. Once again, when you do not understand a person’s response, feel free to ask questions first, before thinking to attack. One thing at a time. You provide those responses, we analyze then we go from there.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Nnenna1(f): 2:24am On Dec 13, 2008
I am not sure I said you were attacking me and by the way, I am waiting for the posts I requested you submit so we can analyze it once and for all. Once again, when you do not understand a person’s response, feel free to ask questions first, before thinking to attack. One thing at a time. You provide those responses, we analyze then we go from there.

Refer to this question, quoted by you:

And my answer:

Why am I attacking you? Well. Do you think I'm attacking you?

And your new paragraph again, which is a contradictory mess:

Are you sure now that you stated that I was attacking you?

As to the second part of your question, well, one need look no further (although there's more to look at) than what you stated here concerning Nigeria being worth living in:

If Nigeria is worth living in for you does not mean it should be for all, and it in no way means that those who do not think it is worth living in are evil and you good. Please let’s stop analyzing issues as if we were idiots. A proverb says “ One man’s meat is another man’s poison”, only a fool will think that only those who do things exactly as he does ‘em should be considered sane and good. If you disagree, you only need to take a look at the terrorists who go around killing those who do not believe as they do and act as they do. Why? they are convinced they are better and everyone else is scum. Remind you of someone?

Isn't that what you wanted? Proof that you said Nigeria isn't worth living in?

In addition, you liken those who disagree with you to dictators who lord their views over everyone. You think they regard others as idiots. And you spend just as much time arguing for yourself while bullying those who disagree with you. Who is the real dictator?

You say Nigeria isn't worth living in. They disagree. Don't hate.

[i]I [/i]don't think anyone is evil for finding opportunities elsewhere (heck, I go to school in the States even though I plan to return soon as I'm done). But your taking it to mean that Nigeria isn't worth living in is pushing it. Don't lord your negativity over everyone or paint those who live abroad with the same color as you. And yes, I find good in those who consciously decide to stay for their countries sake if you don't. Good night.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 2:44am On Dec 13, 2008
I concede, you have me all figured out now.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by vowiski(m): 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2009
?
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by WesleyanA(f): 12:01am On Jan 05, 2009
I voted no embarassed
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by klarry79: 11:25am On Jan 05, 2009
IS NIGERIA WORTH LIVING IN = NO

IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR CHANGE = NO

CAN FOREIGN-BASED PROS HELP = NO (dey get corrupted d moment dey come in)

CAN THE PEOPLE RISE UP AND DEMAND CHANGE = NO (we r so abused we don't even know or want what is right anymore)

CAN THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY HELP = NO (naija has defied all international economic and sociopolitical solutions proven to have worked in other countries)

WAY OUT? = DIVINE INTERVENTION
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by KnowAll(m): 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2009
Nigerian would have been worth living if and only if ? lipsrsealed certain things are in-place can you imagine

shocked

You pay serious money for crap houses, crap neigbourhoods, crap facilties, can anyone tell me why a 3 or 4 bedroom in the Lekki corridor cost between 50 and 100 million Naira. Have you thought of it 50 MILLION Naira !!! that is £200,000.00 undecided or $240,000.00 I will rather get something better abroad than pay that kind of money. How can a country that has over 75% un-employed peeps another 20% employed but payed pathetic wages N10,000.00 a MONTH sustain such hyper and even over-inflated property market. My verdict is dooms day is round the corner and all those who bought over-priced properties will sreaming their head off just like the Nigeria stock exchange. Do not even mention renting in Ikoyi or VI.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yar’adua: Saudi Authorities Deny Ministers Landing Clearance / Itsekiri Women Shut Down $800m Gas Project / Political Lies, Forgeries - Soyinka Reports To Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.