Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,487 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? (5484 Views)

Poll: i will rather remain in nigeria

yes: 40% (32 votes)
no: 43% (34 votes)
undecided: 16% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? / Total Makes Offshore Oil Discovery In Nigeria Worth 85,000 Barrels A Day / How Much Is Nigeria Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by kosovo(m): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2008
Any time I discuss leaving the doomed and fucking country with my peeps, there are always mixed reactions, majority of them would say if I leave who would repair the country? Lol, Meanwhile when you know there is absolutely nothing that can be done to make this country any better than it is. so I need you to just tell me what you think. With over 64 million unemployed and under-employed people in the country we would be heading practically to a dead END. I only wish the SUPREME COURT can nullify the election of this unpopular president. Hehe MR PRESIDENT does not recognize president Mugabe,  lol, when he knows fully well that both of them came in to power through the same MASSIVE ELECTORAL FRAUD.  E very body is waiting for MR PRESIDENT to declare a STATE OF EMERGENCY ON THE POWER SECTOR, but if he does, will the wires start connecting it selves? Even looking at the investment sector we find most major Nigeria  companies lagging behind southafrica’s, GLO is behind MTN, Hitv is way behind DSTV, Zenith bank is also lagging behind STANDARD BANK .…………
In fact I don tire, this country na wa oooooooooooo. This country is not worth staying neither is worth wasting our precious human abilities and resources. Or is it?
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by SeanT21(f): 6:20am On Jul 27, 2008
I am not a Nigerian but I think it is the government right to protect and establish the country. Not The Citizen.

That is the main reason everyone is trying to Leave Liberia. The damn country do not seem to be improving.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by gabelogan(m): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2008
@ poster

leaving the country will not solve your problem
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2008
@Poster, I left the country and I have a very successful life with access to opportunities and skills that I would not have had access to if I had remained in Nigeria all this while. Let's face facts here, the country is not where it ought to be. To feel that somehow limiting self and possibly sacrificing the well being of your family makes you better than those who leave to find better opportunities is ludicrious. Every human being is supposed to explore the best possible options available to him/her while he still can and that is how you are better able to leave a mark when you are no more. If you have to leave, leave. No one else makes that decision for you. You have to wise up and understand that this is your life and not Nigeria's life.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by bilymuse: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2008
yes it is, if you have your hand on the national cake
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Feministic(f): 11:13pm On Jul 27, 2008
I do think that sadly, Nigeria is not the place to be if you want to "reach for the stars"
the poverty rate, population and limitations on technology make it near impossible to achieve as much as you could elsewhere.
Very sad since Nigerians are usually VERY intelligent *toots national horn* LOL , and usually blossom careerwise anywhere else.
It's like all of this intelligence we have is nothing if not supported with power.
Also there is a small mindedness in most african nations that makes it hard to develop free thought as well/
but I won't lie: With the rich history, culture, amazing food, landscape and weather, I love to vacation here *dons sunglasses* cool

1 Like

Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by okuomose3(m): 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2008
I have a very good ideal of what we can do to make our country a better country. This is what we need to do. We have to rise against our stupid president and ask him this question first: Mr President, A barrel of Oil is sold for nothing less than US$130 and Nigeria export more than 1.5Million Barrels a day, where is all the money going? If you cannot give account now Mr president, you have to live or we will do all we can to kill you the way Liberians kill Their president Doe!

Obasanjo has to tell us what he and his stupid criminals are doing with our Oil money! Oil will not remain like this forever! A barrel of oil sold for US$130 is opportunity for Nigeria, we have to take advantage of it now before the price deep to US$20 again. Oil will not remain forever! It is not renewable! It is finishing already and America and the rest of the world are finding oil alternate that will serve them instead of oil! Did you hear that Nigerians??

We have to stop been a coward and tell our leaders the truths! How far can we run? Will running to USA or Germany solve the problem? You know what, I am tired and I am coming home sooner and face the problem myself. I have so many questions to ask our leaders before I will die. I don't want to be a coward forever. We all have to art now! We have to rise against our corrupted leaders now! We just have to tell them enough is enough! We have to let them know that we ordinary Nigerians cares about our country future and we want to keep her for our children.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Jul 28, 2008
To add to what I already posted. Even your very own people understand that those who have experienced life outside of Nigeria are better equipped to help that country than those who have chosen to remain to claim they are not cowards or non-patriots, majority of whom have been involved in one corrupt act or another. Your own government has for years tried over and over to woo the Nigerians, not the ones who supposedly felt they were wiser to stay back in Nigeria and continue to wallow in suffering, but those who left to find BETTER opportunities and learn better skills. I just read on one thread that the government is willing to invest 80 Billion naira of Nigeria's own money in these people and what they have to offer.

Please do not buy into that crock of bull that many spread around; the one that claims that if you leave Nigeria when you have nothing there for you means you are a coward. That does not work in the real world outside of their minds. Even your own leaders and heros ( past and present) have at one time or another sought to find what they could not find within, outside and they continue to, to this day.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:35am On Jul 28, 2008
Is Nigeria worth living in?? Hmm!!

First of all I'll say. , , , , .Bleep NO!!!

To be continued. . . .
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by vigasimple(m): 2:12am On Jul 28, 2008
@ okija-juju

Ara ga Gba ndi Ara            :  what language is that and what does it mean

Posted by: Okija_juju

Is Nigeria worth living in?? Hmm!!

First of all I'll say. , , , , .Bleep NO!!!

You are entitle to your opinion on whether or not Nigeria is worth living in or not but using that type of language you are using makes you less better thaan our so called 'leaders who are the ones leading us to nowhere' make your point and show your digust but in a gentleman like.  God bless you.

@ poster

I understand your frustrations like millions of Nigerians but there are wider issues which I intend to start another thread for discussion which will enlighten us better.

Even if one day you live overseas and live there for a considerable period of time, you will discover that home is always home and as you lay  your bed you will lie on it, infact charity begins at home. Unless Nigeria is good people all over the world we accord you less respect wherever you may go.

In my own humble opinion Nigeria will be worth living In by God's will in a short period of time from Now. Now it is very difficult for many reasons.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by kosovo(m): 4:47am On Jul 28, 2008
other countries workers strike for 1 day or 12 hours but for naija,
comment witheld
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by okuomose3(m): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2008
I have a very good ideal of what we can do to make our country a better country. This is what we need to do. We have to rise against our stupid president and ask him this question first: Mr President, A barrel of Oil is sold for nothing less than US$130 and Nigeria export more than 1.5Million Barrels a day, where is all the money going? If you cannot give account now Mr president, you have to live or we will do all we can to kill you the way Liberians kill Their president Doe!

Obasanjo has to tell us what he and his stupid criminals are doing with our Oil money! Oil will not remain like this forever! A barrel of oil sold for US$130 is opportunity for Nigeria, we have to take advantage of it now before the price deep to US$20 again. Oil will not remain forever! It is not renewable! It is finishing already and America and the rest of the world are finding oil alternate that will serve them instead of oil! Did you hear that Nigerians??

We have to stop been a coward and tell our leaders the truths! How far can we run? Will running to USA or Germany solve the problem? You know what, I am tired and I am coming home sooner and face the problem myself. I have so many questions to ask our leaders before I will die. I don't want to be a coward forever. We all have to art now! We have to rise against our corrupted leaders now! We just have to tell them enough is enough! We have to let them know that we ordinary Nigerians cares about our country future and we want to keep her for our children.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Gonorrhea(m): 10:03am On Jul 28, 2008
There are pro's and cons
But at the moment, the con's out-strips the pro's by a wide margin!!
Home would always be home, but what our leaders have turned the country to today, would always alienate its own citizens!
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by faoni572(m): 11:52am On Jul 28, 2008
hmmmmmmm, people are saying home is home which is actually true but to me can we call Nigeria a home? Anywhere you can not sleep and rest can you call such your home.

Well, as for me if I have the opportunity to travel out of this messing country i will go and never return to the so called home Nigeria. I prefer to live all my life and die in anywhere I found comfortable to enjoy myself.

gabe_logan:

@ poster

leaving the country will not solve your problem
So what will solve the problem? I need a reply to this
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by HRhotness(f): 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ Topic

It all depends on the life u want to have and how far u are willing to go to achieve it. . .
We all know Nigeria is hard and all but its the perfect atmosphere for pioneering new ideas and opportunities. It will take alot of work and there will be alot of obstacles, but sum people thrive on the challenge.
If on the other hand u want a quite life, doing only what u need to survive in an economy that works, then Nigeria is definitely not for you
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by vikiviko(m): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2008
As bad as Nigeria may seem, though plagued with monumental problems like Power failure, corruption, unemployment, Niger Delta Wahala and so on, its country flowing milk and honey.

In Nigeria you can be a millionaire in a month if you are smart and intelligent.

Its a peaceful place with businesses thriving here and there.

Why do you think the Chinese loves Nigeria?

Just discover yourself here and you will make it big time.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by airegin: 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2008
Nigeria is worth living if and only if you have the means of surviving. A lot of people left Nigeria in search of green pastures, just because our stupid leaders has pretty much bastardize everything, they have denied common man basic education, simple infrastructures. If our economy is better, why do we need to go another mans country and be flipping burgers, working in nursing homes (taking care of old people), or engaging in all these menial jobs? Why do we need to go to another country and pay taxes there rather than here in my country? Why stay in Nigeria when you have mouth to feed, and you yourself (a graduate) don’t have a single Job. If you believe living the country will enhance and guarantee better future for you and your kids, then why not. We all believe and pray that the mistakes, pain and suffering that we went through in life should only pass through us. This (pain & sufferings) by no means should not extend to our siblings. I’m in total support of living the country in search of green pastures, an avenue to better ourselves so that in return we can also contribute quota to the system.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by BlackMamba(m): 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2008
vikiviko:
In Nigeria you can be a millionaire in a month if you are smart and intelligent.

Of course. 419, politics or flat out armed robbery eg. bank bullion vans. That's why the country is in ruins, my friend.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:00am On Jul 29, 2008
vigasimple:

@ okija-juju

You are entitle to your opinion on whether or not Nigeria is worth living in or not but using that type of language you are using makes you less better thaan our so called 'leaders who are the ones leading us to nowhere' make your point and show your digust but in a gentleman like. God bless you.

Dude, my appologies if I struck a nerve with the "F" word talking bout Bleep, but you have to understand my sentiments. I have lived in about 3 different countries in europe and visited another 4 and my guy the truth is that Nigeria is not worth living in.
Lets discard the cheap sentiments we throw around in the name of patriotism, what is it in this country that makes it worth living in?? Is it the light?? Or is it water?? Or security?? Is it road?? Is is telecomunication?? Is it education?? Is it tourism?? Is it transportation?? Is it our ecomomy?? Is it technology?? Is it our industries?? Is it sanitation?? Is it our government?? Is it commerce?? Is it what?? O! please do not get me started. . . .

In fact I take back my appology, and here it goes again [size=18pt]"Bleep NO".[/size]

We can blame the government, we can blame the polity, we can blame ourselves, we can blame the past, I really dont care. But the question was simple "Is Nigeria worth living in?" and my answer is no.

But I too love Naija sha, and I remain proudly NIGERIAN, In better or worse, good or bad, richer or poorer & in peace or war.!!
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On Jul 29, 2008
Okija_juju:

[size=14pt]Lets discard the cheap sentiments we throw around in the name of patriotism,

what is it in this country that makes it worth living in??

Is it the light??

Or is it water??

Or security??

Is it road??

Is is telecomunication??

Is it education??

Is it tourism??

Is it transportation??

Is it our ecomomy??

Is it technology??

Is it our industries??

Is it sanitation??

Is it our government??

Is it commerce??

Is it what??[/size]

very good questions asked there.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by faoni572(m): 8:22am On Jul 29, 2008
Lets discard the cheap sentiments we throw around in the name of patriotism,

Is it the light??

Or is it water??

Or security??

Is it road??

Is is telecomunication??

Is it education??

Is it tourism??

Is it transportation??

Is it our ecomomy??

Is it technology??

Is it our industries??

Is it sanitation??

Is it our government??

Is it commerce??

Is it what??

Anybody that think Nigeria worth living should answer those questions
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by beninman(m): 9:21am On Jul 29, 2008
Listen lazy Nigerians! If you say your country is not worth living in, where is worth living in for you? You better go where worth living in and forget about Nigeria!
Instead of you identifying and finding a solution to problems of Nigeria, you are there saying your mother Land Nigeria is not worth living in. If you are in USA or Europe, don't come back to Nigeria again! Stay there and don't come back to show money or drive big cars here!! Did you understand? We are not intrested in those big big cars and your useless dollars or Euro. We love our Naira and we will remain here Nigeria with our Naira.

Nigeria is my country and I will fight to make things right in this land with all my strength! Find solution to problems and correct it if possible. Every good Nigerian citizen know that he or she has to make things right in Nigeria for the sake of our children. It might not happen overnight, but it has to because there is nothing more a real Nigerian citizen could do but fight to make thing right.

All those things some of you wrote out that you called questions, who did you want to answer them? When you know what the problems are, what are you suppose to do?
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 29, 2008
Nigeria is a country that has come a long way in the area corruption. The word has taken a new dimension in this country. Standard of living is soo low. The poverty level and the level of moral and infrastructure degradation is pitiable, A country where ex-convicts and drug dealers are celebrated and made leaders; illiterates and 419ers are put in charge of a good number of educated personalities, just because they have the cash to throw around; consciences are sold for petty change; human lives are destroyed out of selfishness and greed… I could go on and on and on. The system has failed; no doubt about that. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer!!!

The basic amenities in life that would ordinarily be something we could look forward to is just not in existence here. There’s just no worthwhile answer to those ‘21 questions’ Okija asked and the likes of Kobojunkie will frown at the thought of patriotism to this ‘God forsaken country’ and advice us all in he’s great wisdom to abandon the country and run away like he did.

But you are a Nigerian, and if you decide to run out of this country and try to pretend you are happy in a foreign land, then you are definitely living in denial. Nigeria is a place where only the strong can survive, and it always makes me laugh when people who don’t even have the guts to try, stay in whatever ‘virtual haven’ they’ve created for themselves and complain about the state of things here. Maybe when we realize that our major problem is cowardice, then we can start addressing these issues.

It’s the people that make the county; if there’s nothing worthwhile here in Nigeria, it implies that every one of us is not playing our parts well. If Nigeria is not worth living in, it means we have failed as citizens of Nigeria.

Before you guys crucify me, just remember that its just my opinion, you can prove me wrong, but not by posting on Nairaland.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 29, 2008
Poster, before you make a complete fool of yourself, may I remind you that there's a reason why they call Nigeria a 'developing Country'.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by sleekymag(m): 11:26am On Jul 29, 2008
@ Poster,
Nigeria is worth living in, many times over!

However you're free to leave the country, it doesn't add or subtract from the country in any way. Home would always be home. In the same country where there are people suffering, there are also those who are making it. How come the militants in the Niger Delta keep kidnapping expatriates, yet they (d expatriates) keep coming to the Niger Delta irrespective of the potential dangers? Are there treasures there?

How about the FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) that comes into Nigeria yearly? Are those investors blind, do you think they are just being charitable without prospects for making profits?

Nigeria is richly blessed with abundant natural and human resources. It may have had and still have a history of bad leadership, corruption etc. The whinings and complains would never stop. People would always talk. Government would always be blamed one way or the other, rather than have the mindset of what our country can do for us, we should rather ask what we cld do for our country. Nigeria needs to be more capitalist-oriented, we need more entrepreneurs. People dat would employ more people. D educational system has taught us to graduate from school with a hope to get a decent job. So d entrepreneural mindset isn't there as such. The lucky few in this field seem to be having a field day. It would take sometime for Nigeria to get to its promised land, but i believe Nigeria would ultimately get there. Dere are some people who whine about why things don't happen, there are others who wonder how things happen, while there are those who make things happen. In every problem there is an opportunity.

D beauty of Nigeria to me is, Nigeria is not yet there but i can picture a future Nigeria that would be the beauty of everyone, and i ask myself, what must i start doing to ensure that i have a large stake in that future Nigeria? That sounds like opportunity to me!
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by okuomose3(m): 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2008
My brother biniman, I thank God say you be biniman too ooooo The people we say their country not good again make them de go to where them take to be their country instead of them to find how to make their country better!! cool cool smiley smiley

Here is what I posted earlier:

We have to stop been a coward and tell our leaders the truths! How far can we run? Will running to USA or Germany solve the problem? You know what, I am tired and I am coming home sooner and face the problem myself. I have so many questions to ask our leaders before I will die. I don't want to be a coward forever. We all have to art now! We have to rise against our corrupted leaders now! We just have to tell them enough is enough! We have to let them know that we ordinary Nigerians cares about our country future and we want to keep her for our children
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by okuomose3(m): 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2008
@ beninman

[b]Listen lazy Nigerians! If you say your country is not worth living in, where is worth living in for you? You better go where worth living in and forget about Nigeria!
Instead of you identifying and finding a solution to problems of Nigeria, you are there saying your mother Land Nigeria is not worth living in. If you are in USA or Europe, don't come back to Nigeria again! Stay there and don't come back to show money or drive big cars here!! Did you understand? We are not intrested in those big big cars and your useless dollars or Euro. We love our Naira and we will remain here Nigeria with our Naira.

Nigeria is my country and I will fight to make things right in this land with all my strength! Find solution to problems and correct it if possible. Every good Nigerian citizen know that he or she has to make things right in Nigeria for the sake of our children. It might not happen overnight, but it has to because there is nothing more a real Nigerian citizen could do but fight to make thing right.

All those things some of you wrote out that you called questions, who did you want to answer them? When you know what the problems are, what are you suppose to do?[/b]

I love that so much Man! You are a real beninman for true. Don't worry, one Day God will make us rule our country and we will make am better for our children.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by sistajay(f): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2008
The same old talk, Nigeria this Nigeria that, all I can say is don't up and leave Nigeria in the state/mess she's in. Stay and be part of the solution. We are done with talkin we want ACTION and we want IT NOW.
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Eziachi: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2008
Say all you like, but patriotism don't put any food on the table. One can try when there is something to try on. You can't blame an illiterate for want of trying when there no schools, no teachers or even book for him to try educate him selve. How does a person from a very poor family ever going to try? If he learn a trade, no money to buy equipment or stock, If his parent borrowed to the sky to send him to cetain level of education, no job of any sort after school, not even Okada is possible for him to get his hands on.

There is a big difference between available opportunity, little opportunity, lack of opportunity and no opportunity whatsoever and the last one is what greater percentage of Nigerians are going through. There are two groups on this forum, those that are lucky to escape abroad and those in Nigeria with opportunity or little opportunity. They can afford having a computer and internet line or can afford to go to internet cafe to hit their keyboard. They forgot that in Nigeria at the moment there are people who what you spent at internet cafe for two hours will seem like manna from heaven.
So you can come on this board and talk. As we speak, there are Nigerians dyeing in the North African deserts, trying to find a better life, just anywhere except Nigeria. And the alternative for them is going back home and become a robber or the new trend- kidnapping.
Without the billions foreign exchange that Nigerians abroad send home every single day to their families, I wonder what will become of Nigeria today? Those are the money holding the economy together because they are in circulation.  Where teachers are still paid an equivalent of what can buy you a happy meal at any KFC or Bugger king. 
How do they manage? The money from oil and tax is shared among 1% of the population of which 98% is taken abroad and hidden in foreign bank accounts, foreign firm that perform 90% of the contracts bring their work force from their own nation, even manual duties to as much as Philippines to bring labour and leaving Nigeria to become their cooks and driver and those Nigeria are graduates.
In 2005 I saw a son of a former class mate of mine, a 2nd class UNN graduate degree holder in civil engineering serving Buggers at Mrs Biggs in Owerri.  He has no choice or turns to crime, so go and tell him that Nigeria is worth living. Tell me how it's worth living if not for myopic and idiotic rhetoric’s of patriotism?
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2008
I see No one has been bold enough to answer the very simple questions asked by one of the contributors on here,  Interesting !!! grin Let me repost the questions to see if any reasonable human being out there can actually pust sentiments to the side and attempt to answer the questions. I think they are very real questions that need to be answered.

Okija_juju:

Lets discard the cheap sentiments we throw around in the name of patriotism,

Is it the light??

Or is it water??

Or security??

Is it road??

Is is telecomunication??

Is it education??

Is it tourism??

Is it transportation??

Is it our ecomomy??

Is it technology??

Is it our industries??

Is it sanitation??

Is it our government??

Is it commerce??

Is it what??

Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2008
Eziachi:

Say all you like, but patriotism don't put any food on the table. One can try when there is something to try on. You can't blame an illiterate for want of trying when there no schools, no teachers or even book for him to try educate him selve. How does a person from a very poor family ever going to try? If he learn a trade, no money to buy equipment or stock, If his parent borrowed to the sky to send him to cetain level of education, no job of any sort after school, not even Okada is possible for him to get his hands on.

There is a big difference between available opportunity, little opportunity, lack of opportunity and no opportunity whatsoever and the last one is what greater percentage of Nigerians are going through. There are two groups on this forum, those that are lucky to escape abroad[b] and those in Nigeria with opportunity or little opportunity. They can afford having a computer and internet line or can afford to go to internet cafe to hit their keyboard. They forgot that in Nigeria at the moment there are people who what you spent at internet cafe for two hours will seem like manna from heaven.[/b]

So you can come on this board and talk. As we speak, there are Nigerians dyeing in the North African deserts, trying to find a better life, just anywhere except Nigeria. And the alternative for them is going back home and become a robber or the new trend- kidnapping.

Without the billions foreign exchange that Nigerians abroad send home every single day to their families, I wonder what will become of Nigeria today? Those are the money holding the economy together because they are in circulation. Where teachers are still paid an equivalent of what can buy you a happy meal at any KFC or Bugger king.
How do they manage? The money from oil and tax is shared among 1% of the population of which 98% is taken abroad and hidden in foreign bank accounts, foreign firm that perform 90% of the contracts bring their work force from their own nation, even manual duties to as much as Philippines to bring labour and leaving Nigeria to become their cooks and driver and those Nigeria are graduates.

In 2005 I saw a son of a former class mate of mine, a 2nd class UNN graduate degree holder in civil engineering serving Buggers at Mrs Biggs in Owerri. He has no choice or turns to crime, so go and tell him that Nigeria is worth living. Tell me how it's worth living if not for myopic and idiotic rhetoric’s of patriotism?

Thank you
Re: Have Your Say: Is Nigeria Worth Living In? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:43am On Jul 30, 2008
Eziachi:

There is a big difference between available opportunity, little opportunity, lack of opportunity and no opportunity whatsoever [size=18pt]and the last one is what greater percentage of Nigerians are going through[/size]. There are two groups on this forum, those that are lucky to escape abroad and those in Nigeria with opportunity or little opportunity. They can afford having a computer and internet line or can afford to go to internet cafe to hit their keyboard. They forgot that in Nigeria at the moment there are people who what you spent at internet cafe for two hours will seem like manna from heaven.
So you can come on this board and talk. As we speak, there are Nigerians dyeing in the North African deserts, trying to find a better life, [size=28pt]just anywhere except Nigeria[/size]. And the alternative for them is going back home and become a robber or [size=28pt]the new trend- kidnapping.[/size]
Without the billions foreign exchange that Nigerians abroad send home every single day to their families, I wonder what will become of Nigeria today? Those are the money holding the economy together because they are in circulation. Where teachers are still paid an equivalent of what can buy you a happy meal at any KFC or Bugger king.
In 2005 I saw a son of a former class mate of mine, a 2nd class UNN graduate degree holder in civil engineering serving Buggers at Mrs Biggs in Owerri. He has no choice or turns to crime, so go and tell him that Nigeria is worth living. Tell me how it's worth living if not for myopic and idiotic rhetoric’s of patriotism?

Cheii!! My country man, did you have to open our already smellimg yansh like this?? Oya wey all the patroits, abi na patron and patronesses, GIVE US ANSWERS.

pussy_full:

@POSTER

WAIT UNTIL YOU GO OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY - NIGERIA - SPEND ONLY THREE MONTHS - AND YOU WILL SEE HOW MUCH YOU HUNGER TO GO BACK TO NIGERIA - TO VISIT - BECAUSE - WHY - You MISS IT SO MUCH - TALKLESS OF WETHER YOU THINK ITS GOOD OR BAD - SO - WHCIH EITHER COUNTRY DOES NOT HAVE THE FAIR SHRE OF THE BAD SIDE LIKE YOU ARE MAKING OF NIGERIA?

I agree with you. The things I miss about Naija;

1. Ability to drive and tuss things out the window and not feel guilty.
2. Drive at 100km/h on a 10km/h road and not be bothered about being caught by a speed camera.
3. The ability to buy whatever I want on the express road without having to park and walk into a shop.
4. The ability to drive through any checkpoint with expired licence and registration and no insurance with just 20naira in my pocket.
5. The ability for me to send an underaged child to go buy me alcohol and tobacco and no he wouldnt be question about his age or I.D.
6. The convinence of stopping the car and taking a piss anywhere, anytime.
7. Cheap house keeping/nannies. Houseboys and Housegirls.
8. Cheap handymen.
9. Avaliability of ingridients for local dishes at a cheap price.
10. Friends and family.

beninman:

Listen lazy Nigerians! If you say your country is not worth living in, where is worth living in for you? You better go where worth living in and forget about Nigeria!

All those things some of you wrote out that you called questions, who did you want to answer them? When you know what the problems are, what are you suppose to do?

Do you realise how stupid and senseless your post sounds?? Please tell me what you have done between your last post and reading this post that has made a difference in the country. If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, please shut the Bleep up. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Calabar Energy City (renderings/real Development) / Easteners Suffer While Nigeria Is Led By A Hausa-fulani-yoruba Oligarchy.(read!) / Phcn Workers Afraid Of Change - Prof. Barth Nnaji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.