Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Where Does Your Tithe Go To - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does Your Tithe Go To (4048 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
[size=16pt]Your Tithe goes to :[/size]

[size=13pt]1. Private Jets[/size]

[size=13pt]2. Exotic Cars[/size]

[size=13pt]3. Mansions[/size]

[size=13pt]4. Temples built with the hands of MAN[/size]

[img]http://weddinglyyours.files./2011/11/san-sebastian-church.png[/img]

[size=13pt]5. Universities where your children cannot afford to go to.[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/690503_landmark_university_in_Pictures_jpge051aff57870f20b6eef387c2e94cd6a

[size=13pt]6. Expensive suits[/size]

[size=13pt]7. Crusades and Meetings to sell their church, books, cds, dvds etc[/size]

[img]http://www.africanseer.com/thumbnail.php?file=Chris_Oyakhilome_643832349.jpg&size=article_large[/img]
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2013
[size=16pt]Your Tithe Does not Go to :[/size]

[size=13pt]1. Does not go to widows :[/size]

[size=13pt]2. Does not go to Struggling Families[/size]

[size=13pt]3. Does not go to Orphans[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Noneroone(m): 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
My tithe goes to God through my church. The injunction is clear, "bring full amount of your tithes to the temple, so that there will be plenty of food there. Put me to the test and you will see that i will open the windows of heaven and pour out on you in abundandance all kinds of good things" (Malachi 3 : 10)
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2013
truth!.
and people live in bivouacs that get washed away by flood but spend their life earning to build indefatigable statues of ancient persian story characters.
fools die!
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Eyop: 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
Very true but what do we do? All i know is that God sees it all.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by ojeka1(m): 2:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
Just passing
----oooO---
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)
-----------Oooo
-----------(----)---
------------)--/----
------------(_/-
Wetin concern Boko_haram wit
ASUU....Abeg
who get pin mouth charger?

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Goshen360(m): 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2013
Weldone, @ OP.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Filmewell(f): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2013
i once asked dis question the response i got was 'it is not your business'.

7 Likes

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2013
grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by PastorKun(m): 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2013
Filmewell: i once asked dis question the response i got was 'it is not your business'.

grin grin grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2013
Great work, Frosbel!!!

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Joshthefirst(m): 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
My tithe goes to the church.
We also give to the widows and needy.

We also give to the pastors. We also give for church projects.

We give most of all as the spirit leads in love.

You are not in any position to speak against giving.

Why should my pastor not have good clothes?

My duty is to obey God as the Spirit leads in love. God will judge the pastor or whomever if he abuses his position.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 07, 2013
Joshthefirst: My tithe goes to the church.

My duty is to obey God as the Spirit leads in love. God will judge the pastor or whomever if he abuses his position.

If you do not have access to the church's cashbook, income statement or acounts, you are a liar......

3 Likes

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2013
Joshthefirst:
I guess the Holy Spirit makes no space for accountability from 'spiritual' authorities. If your pastor spends the tithe money on prostitutes or any illicit activity, it's none of your business. Na god go handle im case. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by trustman: 10:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
Noneroone: My tithe goes to God through my church. The injunction is clear, "bring full amount of your tithes to the temple, so that there will be plenty of food there. Put me to the test and you will see that i will open the windows of heaven and pour out on you in abundandance all kinds of good things" (Malachi 3 : 10)

Malachi 3:10 was addressing people in the nation Israel.
The Church is not a physical national entity.
Any significant thing required of the Christian will be found in the New Testament epistles which constitute the blueprint for living the Christian life.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
trustman:

Malachi 3:10 was addressing people in the nation Israel.
The Church is not a physical national entity.
Any significant thing required of the Christian will be found in the New Testament epistles which constitute the blueprint for living the Christian life.
You are still wrong. National Israel was a prototype of what God intends to do globally so it was likened to a church at the time. Moses was a type of messiah. Jesus also spoke to Israel as a messiah.His death ushered in the full purposes of God. It's all about types and shadows.The reality is Christ. Christ is actually coming for a church not churches.Still go and study more. cheesy
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by trustman: 11:16pm On Dec 07, 2013
Bidam: You are still wrong. National Israel was a prototype of what God intends to do globally so it was likened to a church at the time. Moses was a type of messiah. Jesus also spoke to Israel as a messiah.His death ushered in the full purposes of God. It's all about types and shadows.The reality is Christ. Christ is actually coming for a church not churches.Still go and study more. cheesy

I agree with you that the reality is Christ. But then, what is the reality in Christ that we are to follow?
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2013
Bidam: You are still wrong. National Israel was a prototype of what God intends to do globally so it was likened to a church at the time. Moses was a type of messiah. Jesus also spoke to Israel as a messiah.His death ushered in the full purposes of God. It's all about types and shadows.The reality is Christ. Christ is actually coming for a church not churches.Still go and study more. cheesy

You need to study more as you lack understanding on this issue.

We are blessed in Christ not in Tithe !

cool
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Ukutsgp(m): 11:37pm On Dec 07, 2013
This is really touching.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
trustman:

I agree with you that the reality is Christ. But then, what is the reality in Christ that we are to follow?
So What is the reality?
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2013
frosbel:

You need to study more as you lack understanding on this issue.

We are blessed in Christ not in Tithe !

cool
So who is your Jesus? Do you believe He is God?
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
Bidam: So who is your Jesus? Do you believe He is God?

I do not believe in your half-man or half-god Jesus, I believe in the real Jesus who is the Messiah that has come in the flesh. He is the Son of GOD.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2013
frosbel:

I do not believe in your half-man or half-god Jesus, I believe in the real Jesus who is the Messiah that has come in the flesh. He is the Son of GOD.

No one said he is half man or half God. Do your believe GOD was manifested in the flesh?
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
Bidam: No one said he is half man or half God. Do your believe GOD was manifested in the flesh?

You did.

God is Spirit and Jesus is MAN.

God is not Spirit and MAN , that is Pagan heresy.

Anyway back to the Tithe, is it not disgusting to see how the poor are being exploited to enrich rich MOGs. ??
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 08, 2013
frosbel:

You did.

God is Spirit and Jesus is MAN.

God is not Spirit and MAN , that is Pagan heresy.
Read John1:1-3 and ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand that scripture, so you will be free from this bondage.
frosbel:
Anyway back to the Tithe, is it not disgusting to see how the poor are being exploited to enrich rich MOGs. ??
How? May be the false ones.But the real ones don't do that.If tithing is not in scripture you have a case, but as of now you have no case.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Goshen360(m): 12:33am On Dec 08, 2013

If you know the reality is in Christ, why are you still hanging and\or chasing shadows and types? You need take a step back sometimes and re-read your comments and see if you really growing in faith. Just an advice bro.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 08, 2013
Goshen360:

If you know the reality is in Christ, why are you still hanging and\or chasing shadows and types? You need take a step back sometimes and re-read your comments and see if you really growing in faith. Just an advice bro.
You also need to sit back too.The issue is about tithes. I know your fixation on the Law is about Christians tithing by faith nothing more.As for the Law it was only the levitical sacrifices(shadow) and the priesthood(type) that was done away with nothing more. Tithing stand gidigba. grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by plappville(f): 6:00am On Dec 08, 2013
This is touching. Blind Christians will keep pleasing Thier over rich pastors and claim they are paying tithe to God......Oh Africans, Oh Nigerians, this is primitiveness.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by plappville(f): 6:04am On Dec 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: My tithe goes to the church.

My duty is to obey God as the Spirit leads in love. God will judge the pastor or whomever if he

abuses his position.

Why giving to someone that is already rich?
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 08, 2013
plappville:

Why giving to someone that is already rich?

He is brainwashed. He prefers to give pastors to do the charity for him......rather than doung the charity himself
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Dannylux: 7:01am On Dec 08, 2013
Clergymen gotta feed ya know undecided
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 08, 2013
ojeka.:
Just passing
----oooO---
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)
-----------Oooo
-----------(----)---
------------)--/----
------------(_/-
Wetin concern Boko_haram wit
ASUU....Abeg
who get pin mouth charger?
. Creative stuff you did with the symbols.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? / Mercy Chinwo The Excess Love Crooner Was Shot Yesterday By Robbers / Esu Odara Is Not ''Devil''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.