Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,907 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Where Does Your Tithe Go To - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does Your Tithe Go To (4056 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by shdemidemi(m): 7:40am On Dec 09, 2013
frosbel:

Bro, you are the one that is following a myth. Just because 90% of Christendom believe in a concept does not make it right, in fact the converse is the case in reality, the majority follow the lie or myth and the minority follow the truth.

My Bible says that Jesus is the Son of God , the Messiah, the Christ - Nothing more and nothing less.

But your myth says that he is half MAN and half GOD , when it has been clearly stated that God is a spirit and not a MAN. smiley

The simple fact that Jesus did not come as a man but like a man should give us a clear inclination that He was more than a mere mortal.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 09, 2013
shdemidemi:

1)As frosbel rightly pointed out to you, Jesus did not teach anyone to go tithe, but he made derogatory statements about these religious men. They depend and rely so much on what they do that seem to them as the full height of righteousness.

2)New Testament of grace did not start during Jesus' earthly ministry but after His death and most importantly His Resurrection. If you truly want to know what the Grace gospel is all about, stick with the Pauline epistles where Christ revealed all the hidden mysteries that were kept secret aforetime.
Hmmmn.Another false teacher of nairaland.atleast you agree with frosbel on this one, not the deity of Christ.Keep deceiving and being deceived. grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by shdemidemi(m): 10:04am On Dec 09, 2013
Bidam: Hmmmn.Another false teacher of nairaland.atleast you agree with frosbel on this one, not the deity of Christ.Keep deceiving and being deceived. grin

Take prejudice off your fibres, you might just see more clearly.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 09, 2013
shdemidemi:

Take prejudice off your fibres, you might just see more clearly.
OK...go through the translations carefully:

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: Which is to say he was actually teaching both the pharisee,crowds and his disciples and not the other way round as you would erroneously have us believe.

You keep meticulous account books, tithing on every nickel and dime you get, but on the meat of God’s Law, things like fairness and compassion and commitment—the absolute basics!—you carelessly take it or leave it. Careful bookkeeping is commendable, but the basics are required.

He was actually teaching them that the basics is required before their tithing can be commendable in God's sight.Short and simple. grin

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Zikkyy(m): 11:58am On Dec 09, 2013
Bidam: OK...go through the translations carefully:

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: Which is to say he was actually teaching both the pharisee,crowds and his disciples and not the other way round as you would erroneously have us believe.

You keep meticulous account books, tithing on every nickel and dime you get, but on the meat of God’s Law, things like fairness and compassion and commitment—the absolute basics!—you carelessly take it or leave it. Careful bookkeeping is commendable, but the basics are required.

He was actually teaching them that the basics is required before their tithing can be commendable in God's sight.Short and simple. grin

clown angry

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
Zikkyy:

clown angry
Are you just passing by? or you don't have anything reasonable to say. cheesy
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Zikkyy(m): 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Bidam: Are you just passing by? or you don't have anything reasonable to say. cheesy

i no get ya time angry

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by christemmbassey(m): 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
Bidam: You see your life? In a bid to discredit God's tithe, you are following a false teacher called frosbel who does not believe in the deity of Christ anyway. Can you show me from scripture where God's tithe is called a fraud?
wetin d deity of Christ get to do with tithe FRAUD? Bidam, tithe is d BIGGEST FRAUD IN HUMAN HISTORY. Biger than armed robbery, 419, yahoo, embezlement of public funds, stealing, and other crimes put 2gether. Repent NOW.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by christemmbassey(m): 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2013
Bidam: You see your life? In a bid to discredit God's tithe, you are following a false teacher called frosbel who does not believe in the deity of Christ anyway. Can you show me from scripture where God's tithe is called a fraud?
is God's tithe ppl's wages/salaries/profits n other sources of income u covet? BIDAM, GO N WORK! U av hands n even go school, don't b a waste n burden to hard working ppl of God. U re nt a levite frow Israel but lazy n coveteous naija scammer who peddle for financial gain. Go n work o! I dey tae u o, b4 it is too late, bc christians are being set free from this ur fraud called tithe. God bless as u repent.

2 Likes

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Goshen360(m): 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
christemmbassey: is God's tithe ppl's wages/salaries/profits n other sources of income u covet? BIDAM, GO N WORK! U av hands n even go school, don't b a waste n burden to hard working ppl of God. U re nt a levite frow Israel but lazy n coveteous naija scammer who peddle for financial gain. Go n work o! I dey tae u o, b4 it is too late, bc christians are being set free from this ur fraud called tithe. God bless as u repent.

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
shdemidemi:

The simple fact that Jesus did not come as a man but like a man should give us a clear inclination that He was more than a mere mortal.

contradiction !!!

He came like a MAN is to deny his humanity.

He came as a MAN is to confess his Messiahship.

Be careful bro , theology deceives, Jesus saves.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2013
Bidam: grin grin grin Can you swallow your pride and call yourself a bare faced liar. You asked for 3 scripture and i gave it.BTW all statements Jesus actually made are TEACHINGS that's why He was called a RABBI.

You lied about Jesus teaching on the tithe, he did not, I broke down the scripture for you, but you still dont get it because of your love for filthy lucre.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by christemmbassey(m): 10:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
frosbel:

contradiction !!!

He came like a MAN is to deny his humanity.

He came as a MAN is to confess his Messiahship.

Be careful bro , theology deceives, Jesus saves.

Christ 'took up' the FORM OF MAN for a purpose. Pls read Heb 2:14- down. God bless.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 10, 2013
christemmbassey: Christ 'took up' the FORM OF MAN for a purpose. Pls read Heb 2:14- down. God bless.

Jesus was born a MAN, he is not 1/2 Man and 1/2 God , he is 100% MAN.

God is not a MAN.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 10, 2013
christemmbassey: Christ 'took up' the FORM OF MAN for a purpose. Pls read Heb 2:14- down. God bless.

God is not a MAN.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by christemmbassey(m): 8:34am On Dec 10, 2013
frosbel:

God is not a MAN.
bros, i don't like to discus this 'thing' you ppl refer to as 'the deity of Christ' bc its st'upid and add/subtract nothing from who Christ is. But, i'll like u to read Phil 2:5-11, heb2:14- Now, do u know dat Man is God? Ps 82:6, Gen 1:27. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by PastorKun(m): 10:04am On Dec 10, 2013
christemmbassey: bros, i don't like to discus this 'thing' you ppl refer to as 'the deity of Christ' bc its st'upid and add/subtract nothing from who Christ is. But, i'll like u to read Phil 2:5-11, heb2:14- Now, do u know dat Man is God? Ps 82:6, Gen 1:27. God bless.

Another point to note is that man was created in the image and likeness of God. (Gen 1:26)
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by shdemidemi(m): 11:01am On Dec 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Another point to note is that man was created in the image and likeness of God. (Gen 1:26)

Adam was created in the image and likeness of God. You and I were made in the image and likeness of Adam.

Genesis 5:
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Zikkyy(m): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

Adam was created in the image and likeness of God. You and I were made in the image and likeness of Adam.

Genesis 5:
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

if you resemble ya papa and ya papa resemble God, what's the difference?

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by shdemidemi(m): 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2013
Zikkyy:

There is a difference because we took the image and likeness of a fallen and sinful man. We inherited a sinful nature from man and not from God.
God separated himself from man the day he pushed us out of the garden of Eden but through christ we have been adopted.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by PastorKun(m): 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2013
Zikkyy:

Abi oh! undecided
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by PastorKun(m): 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

There is a difference because we took the image and likeness of a fallen and sinful man. We inherited a sinful nature from man and not from God.
God separated himself from man the day he pushed us out of the garden of Eden but through christ we have been adopted.

Contrary to your assertions here, the bible tells us that man became more like God after he ate the forbidden fruit which brought about the fall of man.

Genesis 3:22
22 And Jehovah God said, Behold, the man is become like one of us, to know good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever--
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by shdemidemi(m): 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Contrary to your assertions here, the bible tells us that man became more like God after he ate the forbidden fruit which brought about the fall of man.

Genesis 3:22
22 And Jehovah God said, Behold, the man is become like one of us, to know good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever--

Man became like God in the sense that, he now had the capacity to tell and define evil and good. Even till date man carry out that part of God's attribute that they have usurped. Some Christians fall into the snare too, they believe more on their experience and what they feel at the expense of what God says in the scripture. They become a god to themselves defining right and wrong by their own cognisance and standards.

The actual truth is that, man died on this day and death reigned from then. You and I also carry the DNA
/ the likeness and the sinful nature of Adam today. In Adam we all died, hence, any man that is not in Christ is dead(spiritually) although he lives(physically)
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
Zikkyy:

i no get ya time angry
But you get time for tithe thread ode! grin

The OP is an error and an attempt to ridicule God who instituted the tithes to start with.

The tithes simply goes to God as a sweet smelling sacrifices like Paul stated nothing more. If Jesus is the head of His church and we are His body. Is it not for our benefit that the body should be nourished through the collective resources we bring as a body

Like i always tell you? who are you to judge my givings of 10,20,30,40% etc to God.The day you can provide a single scripture that commands me not to tithe then i will stop. Until then you have no case here.

The whole body both seen and unseen part ALL work towards the same goal.

I just can see the spirit of antichrist in this post. cool
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Zikkyy(m): 2:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam:
But you get time for tithe thread ode! grin

e be like you no dey happy say I no get ya time
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Zikkyy(m): 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam:
The OP is an error and an attempt to ridicule God who instituted the tithes to start with.

I thought you guys imitating Abraham? God was not the one that instituted that one na. The only tithing practice instituted by God is that practiced by Jews under the mosaic law.

Bidam:
The tithes simply goes to God as a sweet smelling sacrifices like Paul stated nothing more.

are you burning ya tithe?
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Zikkyy(m): 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam:
Like i always tell you? who are you to judge my givings of 10,20,30,40% etc to God.The day you can provide a single scripture that commands me not to tithe then i will stop. Until then you have no case here.

I want to believe this bit was meant for frosbel. Me and you no discuss enough for this thread to warrant this response. Abi na kolo dey start small small like this? grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Zikkyy(m): 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
Bidam: But you get time for tithe thread ode! grin

The tithes simply goes to God as a sweet smelling sacrifices like Paul stated nothing more. If Jesus is the head of His church and we are His body. Is it not for our benefit that the body should be nourished through the collective resources we bring as a body

The whole body both seen and unseen part ALL work towards the same goal.

I just can see the spirit of antichrist in this post. cool

lol! @bolded grin since when you become antichrist? Anyway I agree with you. The content of ya post indicates the spirit of the antichrist is truly in charge grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2013
Zikkyy:

e be like you no dey happy say I no get ya time
wetin concern agbero with overload abeg park well. grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
Zikkyy:

I thought you guys imitating Abraham? God was not the one that instituted that one na. The only tithing practice instituted by God is that practiced by Jews under the mosaic law.

are you burning ya tithe?

Are you also burning your offerings? The last time i checked offerings were burnt not tithe? grin As for Abraham we are his children na... no be for mouth like una. grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
Zikkyy:

I want to believe this bit was meant for frosbel. Me and you no discuss enough for this thread to warrant this response. Abi na kolo dey start small small like this? grin
It was actually meant for you, frosbel and the others, since you are afraid of him and you refused to call him to order. I had to.There is always a prophet in Israel. cool
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
[quote author=Zikkyy]

lol! @bolded grin since when you become antichrist?
OH! are you referin to you?
Anyway I agree with you
. agreeing with yourself is more like it.
The content of ya post indicates the spirit of the antichrist is truly in charge grin
NaH! rather the content of your ridicule all over nairaland is the antichrist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Holi 2015- Latest Wallpapers, Pictures, Sms, Quotes And Everything / Photo: Agbanje Spirit Was Snap By My Pastor During Deliverance Service / If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Are We Still Going To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.