Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,028 members, 7,838,578 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Where Does Your Tithe Go To - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does Your Tithe Go To (4055 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by adesiku(m): 8:16am On Dec 08, 2013
As long dat I pay tithe wch was commanded by God,I dnt fink I nid 2 worry where it goes...weda its goes to the pastor's pocket or not,I dnt care...let God judge,am nt in the place 2 judge...
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Gombs(m): 8:37am On Dec 08, 2013
I find the sudden romance between atheists and anti tithers quite interesting

grin

Makes me remember this saying "Vultures of same bald head flock together" - Gombs (1999) grin

Another tithe thread... grin
Only if folks would channel energies used to fight tithes to win souls or exhort brethren with more edifying topics from the bible.

3 Likes

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Gombs(m): 8:41am On Dec 08, 2013
adesiku: As long dat I pay tithe wch was commanded by God,I dnt fink I nid 2 worry where it goes...weda its goes to the pastor's pocket or not,I dnt care...let God judge,am nt in the place 2 judge...

No, they wanna judge for God, they feel it's their God given right and ministry.

All they want is for ALL folks to stop tithing, as if it's their monies. Not knowing they are fighting a losing battle. A lil more time, and they'd ALL fade away. A lil more time bro.

grin

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Gombs(m): 8:51am On Dec 08, 2013
plappville: This is touching. Blind Christians will keep pleasing Thier over rich pastors and claim they are paying tithe to God......Oh Africans, Oh Nigerians, this is primitiveness.

grin grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Gombs(m): 8:52am On Dec 08, 2013
plappville:

Why giving to someone that is already rich?

You must be really be pained! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 08, 2013
Empty posts can only come from empty heads. Doesn't matter their post count.

In fact, the more, the emptier. grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 08, 2013
Gombs:

No, they wanna judge for God, they feel it's their God given right and ministry.

All they want is for ALL folks to stop tithing, as if it's their monies. Not knowing they are fighting a losing battle. A lil more time, and they'd ALL fade away. A lil more time bro.

grin
Stop permeating this lie! Just post a verse in the new testament where you were asked to tithe?
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Gombs(m): 9:43am On Dec 08, 2013
Reyginus: Stop permeating this lie! Just post a verse in the new testament where you were asked to tithe?

Here we go again!

grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 08, 2013
aManFromMars: Empty posts can only come from empty heads. Doesn't matter their post count.

In fact, the more, the emptier. grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by SalC: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2013
Funny but true op.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 08, 2013
Gombs:

Here we go again!

grin
Just one please!
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Gombs(m): 11:16am On Dec 08, 2013
Reyginus: Just one please!

Check the archives...there are about 1000+ tithe threads that will well furnish you with the answer(s) to your above question... Do well to help urself out.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 08, 2013
Gombs:

Check the archives...there are about 1000+ tithe threads that will well furnish you with the answer(s) to your above question... Do well to help urself out.
Stop this game. I don't think there is any verse in NT that supports your claim. None.
But why are you doing this?
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by PastorKun(m): 11:24am On Dec 08, 2013
Reyginus: Stop this game. I don't think there is any verse in NT that supports your claim. None.
But why are you doing this?

He is doing it because he is too lazy to work and earn a living but he still needs to feed his greedy belly.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Gombs(m): 11:40am On Dec 08, 2013
^^

grin

I pay my tithe... I am a very greedy tithe payer! (Like frosbel suggested) grin

@Reyginus
It's my monies, na crime again to pay tithe with my monies again?
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
Gombs: ^^

grin

I pay my tithe... I am a very greedy tithe payer! (Like frosbel suggested) grin

@Reyginus
It's my monies, na crime again to pay tithe with my monies again?
You think it's funny. It is not.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by christemmbassey(m): 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
Joshthefirst: My tithe goes to the church.
We also give to the widows and needy.

We also give to the pastors. We also give for church projects.

We give most of all as the spirit leads in love.

You are not in any position to speak against giving.

Why should my pastor not have good clothes?

My duty is to obey God as the Spirit leads in love. God will judge the pastor or whomever if he abuses his position.
we should close down the prisons and the courts, let God judge the thives, armed robbers, molesters, 419ers etc as well.

2 Likes

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Gombs(m): 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2013
Reyginus: You think it's funny. It is not.

To me it is/has!
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by christemmbassey(m): 12:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
Gombs:

To me it is/has!
bros, how far? A very blessed sunday to you.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Gombs(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
christemmbassey: bros, how far? A very blessed sunday to you.

My man!... I dey O!...happy thanksgiving bro!

And happy sunday too
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2013
christemmbassey: we should close down the prisons and the courts, let God judge the thives, armed robbers, molesters, 419ers etc as well.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

He is doing it because he is too lazy to work and earn a living but he still needs to feed his greedy belly.

He is laughing his way to destruction.

This is what the bible says about such people :

"Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things." - Philippians 3:19

2 Likes

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Goshen360(m): 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bidam: You also need to sit back too.The issue is about tithes. I know your fixation on the Law is about Christians tithing by faith nothing more.As for the Law it was only the levitical sacrifices(shadow) and the priesthood(type) that was done away with nothing more. Tithing stand gidigba. grin

What does it mean to TITHE BY FAITH
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Gombs(m): 5:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
Goshen360:

Here we go again. grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Goshen360(m): 5:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
Gombs:

Here we go again. grin

You know say I like to learn new stuffs, I don't know what it means to tithe BY FAITH, neither do I understand what it is or mean, so I asked. Do you have an answer please?

3 Likes

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
Goshen360:

Did you enter your mother's womb the second time to be "born again" OR is it by Faith grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
Gombs:

Here we go again. grin
No mind the fake apostle.He want me to teach him,what he believes. I wonder how he reads his bible
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
Goshen360:

You know say I like to learn new stuffs, I don't know what it means to tithe BY FAITH, neither do I understand what it is or mean, so I asked. Do you have an answer please?
Then that means all your givings is not by Faith since no one has seen God grin
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Goshen360(m): 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2013
Bidam: Did you enter your mother's womb the second time to be "born again" OR is it by Faith grin

I'm asking question like nichodemus, neither did Christ told me to tithe BY FAITH, you the one telling me so. Then like Christ explained to Nichodemus, you explain to me what it means to tithe BY FAITH.

2 Likes

Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by PastorKun(m): 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
Goshen360:

I'm asking question like nichodemus, neither did Christ told me to tithe BY FAITH, you the one telling me so. Then like Christ explained to Nichodemus, you explain to me what it means to tithe BY FAITH.

And while he is at it he should also explain to us why it is required or necessary for a christian to tithe by faith.
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tithe by faith

Chapter and verse please !
Re: Where Does Your Tithe Go To by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
Goshen360:

I'm asking question like nichodemus, neither did Christ told me to tithe BY FAITH,
Nicodemus was a pharisee, i hope you know that if you are like nicodemus then Mathew 23:23 automatically applies to you.
you the one telling me so
.Did Jesus tells you to tithe? Yes or no.
Then like Christ explained to Nichodemus, you explain to me what it means to tithe BY FAITH.
Jesus is not here physically to tell you goshen, you must be born again.So how did become born again? Is it by Faith? or did you enter your mother's womb? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Are We Still Going To Hell? / Karl Marx - Atheist Or Satanist? The Truth Behind The Curtain. / Where In The Quran Did It Say The Bible Has Been Corrupted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.