Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination (17707 Views)

Onitsha Port: Anambra Shippers Task FG / Onitsha Port Set Ahead Of Commissioning By FG Next Month / Onitsha Port Ready For Operation-fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Malawian(m): 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2013
one.east1:
Kengali is among the finest brains we have on NL..

Am already dubbing your feasibility analysis on the Onitsha Port for onward transmission..

The fact is that GEJ will make Onitsha Port international designation but whether now on in next tenure is what I don't know. [b]I have overheard it muted in the Ministry of Transport
.[/b]

i hope the minister of transport is not Igbo. Stella comes readily to mind. embarassed embarassed
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2013
Rare Diamond:

PLEASE KEEP YOUR PESSIMISM TO YOURSELF. ONITSHA AND OGUTA PORTS WOULD WORK OUT FINE AND PROFITABLY BY GOD'S GRACE. SO DON'T WORRY YOURSELF ABOUT US, YOU CAN'T LOVE US MORE THAN OURSELVES !!!!

@ KENGALI; ONITSHA AND OGUTA PORTS HAVE BOTH NAVAL AND CUSTOMS BASES WHICH I BELIEVE WOULD PROVIDE SERVICES TO BOTH PORTS.

CRUDE OIL IS TRANSPORTED BY BIG BARGES FROM OGUTA THROUGH THE ADJOINING RIVERS TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN WHERE THEY ARE TRANSFERRED TO BIG TANKER VESSELS. JULIUS BERGER MOVED THEIR HEAVY EQUIPMENTS VIA THE RIVER NIGER TO ONITSHA PORT WHERE THEY HAVE COMMENCED THEIR SURVEY AND PRE-MOBILISATION ACTIVITIES IN PREPARATION FOR THE 2ND NIGER BRIDGE. I SEE NO LOGICAL REASON FOR OGUTA AND ONITSHA PORT NOT TO WORK PROFITABLY BECAUSE A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF BARGES & VESSELS THAT BERTH IN LAGOS ARE TRANS-SHIPPED FROM FERNANDO PO EQUATORIAL GUINEA, GHANA AND BENIN REPUBLIC. WHY DO YOU THINK THAT ANAMBRA SHIPPING ASSOCIATION IS EXCITED ABOUT THE PROJECT ?

THE IMO STATE GOVERNMENT HAVE COMMENCED CONSTRUCTION OF AN INTERNATIONAL MARITIME UNIVERSITY IN OGUTA.

KINDLY IGNORE PEOPLE WHO WANTS APC TO WIN SE BUT DON'T WANT SE TO DEVELOP, THAT IS WHY THEY WOULD CONTINUE TO FAIL WOEFULLY IN NIGERIA

You get issues..
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 09, 2013
Malawian:

ode.
because she is APC like you, she is now "consistent" ?

see your oily face like c0nd0m tongue

You are looking for trouble again right...? If Mukinat gives you what you deserve now..you will start crying all over the community.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by bloggernaija: 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2013
Knowledge9000:

Typical response from a stu$pid, jealous ugly a$ss Yoruba. Go and ask the Hausas what happened to their economy when the civil war came calling after the igbos left...that's why YOU WILL NEVER HEAR AN HAUSA MAN SAY A WORD AGAINST THE IGBOS. THEY KNOW HOW VALUABLE THE IGBOS ARE TO THEM. Watch and see if this were to happen how Lagos will be reduced to mini Ondo state; economy-wise. Fool...didn't know that 70% of all import into the country are done by Igbos? You didn't know? Very dull idio$t.

Pulling another bullshit 50% today, 70% tomorrow.
What exactly are they importing?

The manufacturing industry of Lagos/OGUN/Ibadan axis and the export cocoa,timber,cashew nuts ,cassava is responsible for the bulk of all importation that comes from through those ports.this is so that they have leased vast parts of the ports itself.the likes of dangote,falowiyo,obateru,otudeko of flour mills literally operate from the ports ,next to that is the importation of petroleum products, after comes the importation of finished goods /machinery by foriegn coys,lastly comes importation of general goods which cuts across all strata of the society.

The fact is that the sparepart ,electronic business of the Igbos in Lagos is irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Heck it's contribution to Lagos states GDP is insignificant.
Danfo drivers contribute more to the government than them traders
It is only a matter of time that the manufacturers of those goods are invited to set up shop and provide the original stuffs direct without middlemen.

2 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by IleIfe2(m): 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2013
Knowledge9000: I just trapped your IP address and location. You don't know whom you are messing with.

Na the new format be that? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by bloggernaija: 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Sam xiu lee: An appeal to my fellow yorubas,
Can you all please stop posting on threads that having nothing to do with the SW?
people from SE always think anything you say about anything there means you are Jealous.
Truth be told we must concentrate more on how we can develop the SW more than what we have now,yes its the best region even if you remove Lagos state from it,but it can get better,pls let's channel our efforts on how we can have more industries,get rid of agberos,omo onile syndrome,make our legion of less educated men major importers like Igbos do rather than play Baba ijebu all day with Iya bola's money,which she made with her petty trade everyday.
I see this everyday and I shake my head.
We have a sea port,they don't why can't we take advantage of it?
Why can't our men also travel to china and import goods into the country?
China goods are everywhere even in Europe,
We need to look inward and leave them alone,if we stop patronising there goods,trust me its over,LG and Thermocool has taking a large chunk in the electronic business from alaba,even though am not proud of it,we can't we do same?

We are not getting rid of any omo onile or agbero because they are the only ones letting those clannish expansionist know their place and remind them of where they actually are at the moment.
These guys simply conjure up all sorts of stories and lies.
They have gone as far as telling these lies overseas.
Yorubas are bad but the bulk of expatriates in nigeria are resident here.
Heck there are more foriegners in Ibadan alone than most regions put together.
Area boys may be evil, but they are a necessary evil for now.

On the port issue.
Gazetting a port is one thing.
Have the southeast leadership (when they are not busy ethnic baiting and stealing)done the heavy lifting of reaching out to those down river?
Especially that they are very wary of Igbo expansionist and imperialist tendencies.
They are known to have objected to this in the past.
daewoo is building a proper port in bayelsa but jonathan gave the Igbos a warehouse and 2 cranes.
And yes, they are happy with the warehouse and 2 cranes as long as their brothers are eating in Abuja.
Ondo and OGUN are building a oil and gas free trade zone (dangote refinery,petrochemical ,otudeko refinery and power plant are here already) and this includes a port.
Now the question which is

With
5 states
5 governors

Why is the SE incapable of doing the heavy lifting themselves?

The diplomacy
The design
The implementation
The strategy
Search for investor and partners .
etc

Fashola asked the same question to the think tank who did not see the irony of holding their meeting in Lagos .

The day this question is answered is the day they SE will be able to give the FG the finger,regardless of whom the president is ?
And that is the day nigeria will start developing.
At the present moment,
With half of the population elsewhere and having exported all the misery and poverty to other states, Igbo governors and politicians are simply have no responsibilities, are guns for hire for AGIP and are robbing their own people blind .

Peter obi alone must have donated a zillion cars this year alone.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2013
bloggernaija:

Pulling another bullshit 50% today, 70% tomorrow.
What exactly are they importing?

The manufacturing industry of Lagos/OGUN/Ibadan axis and the export cocoa,timber,cashew nuts ,cassava is responsible for the bulk of all importation that comes from through those ports.this is so that they have leased vast parts of the ports itself.the likes of dangote,falowiyo,obateru,otudeko of flour mills literally operate from the ports ,next to that is the importation of petroleum products, after comes the importation of finished goods /machinery by foriegn coys,lastly comes importation of general goods which cuts across all strata of the society.

The fact is that the sparepart ,electronic business of the Igbos in Lagos is irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Heck it's contribution to Lagos states GDP is insignificant.
Danfo drivers contribute more to the government than them traders
It is only a matter of time that the manufacturers of those goods are invited to set up shop and provide the original stuffs direct without middlemen.

Ignorance at its peak.
Igbos are the largest non govtal importation bodies.
who told u igbos import only electronics and spare parts?
The ones I know are not even doing any of the two sef .
Talking abt exports, are those the only things Nig exports?
Y then are most yorubas oil dependent?
see ur mouth @ the Lagos/Ogun axis as if yorubas own 10% of the enterprises in question.
bad belle
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Ignorance at its peak.
Igbos are the largest non govtal importation bodies.
who told u igbos import only electronics and spare parts?
The ones I know are not even doing any of the two sef .
Talking abt exports, are those the only things Nig exports?
Y then are most yorubas oil dependent?
see ur mouth @ the Lagos/Ogun axis as if yorubas own 10% of the enterprises in question.
bad belle

grin grin grin grin

If I call you mumu....you go dey vex all over the forum. wink cheesy

What is govtal for xrist sake!! grin
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2013
bloggernaija:

We are not getting rid of any omo onile or agbero because they are the only ones letting those clannish expansionist know their place.
They may be evil, but they are a necessary evil for now.
inferiority complex.
I said it, if u guys were really making it big, there will be no time to hate on another or think sb else is an expansionist.
I have said it bfr, am still saying it, u ppl can get rid of those tnz because laziness has come to stay in ur lives

1 Like

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
ilugunboy:

grin grin grin grin

If I call you mumu....you go dey vex all over the forum. wink cheesy

What is govtal for xrist sake!! grin
me vex?
say u call me that?
u don't know me, nna, I didn't write that to impress u.
thankz

2 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by MrEverest(m): 8:19pm On Dec 09, 2013
fkaz:

Which atlas, it's your brother who said onitsha port will server middle-belt and north-east with their market. I don't know how onitsha port will function if all the river channel on these axis are not dredge properly. I just hope FG is sincere with that project, because those river channel needs another dredging after last year flooding. That is why i say onitsha port will remain a mirage.

Its apparent that you've not taken my candid advice but I will admonish you for the umpteenth time to either make informed comments or quietly read what the technocrats are saying here. Now in lay man's parlance, let me try to explain to you what they are saying;
1. Nigeria is a huge country of 160 million people (this is about half the total population of West Africa sub region) yet Ironically it is served by only the Lagos ports, others only exist in paper or at best are underutilized.
2. The bulk of the importers in Nigeria are either domiciled in the Onitsha region or have operational outlets there.
3. Lagos ports are already seriously congested, leading to lost man hours, losses to importers in the form of accumulated demurrage and other logistic problems.
4. The recurring damage to the long stretch of Lagos-Ibadan, Ore-Benin-Asaba is mainly due to the heavy tonnes of goods that is daily passing through it.
5. Within Lagos itself, one half of creek road has been turned into a virtual park for heavy utility vehicles which leads to serious traffic gridlocks.
6. Nigeria is an import oriented country and having just one functional port for the whole country is risky and unwise.
7. The population of Lagos is already bursting at the seams and other economic centres need to be enhanced to discourage the current mad rush to Lagos.
8. Making Onitsha port viable will lead to increased efficiency of Lagos port and increased revenue to the FG since those Nigerin importers making use of Cotonue and Tema due to the bottlenecks at Lagos will now use the Onitsha port and pay customs duties to FG.
The aforementioned reasons are a few of the benefits Nigeria stand to gain by making Onitsha port viable.

Finally, Onitsha is the commercial capital of Nigeria and is strategically located on the banks of river Niger, goods are moved from Onitsha to the south east, south south and north, so if the Onitsha port could receive goods directly from ships or barges, it would lead to reduction in prices to the final consumer since cost of; transportation on roads, warehouses in Lagos and general logistics would be drastically cut down.

3 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Everest:

Its apparent that you've not taken my candid advice but I will admonish you for the umpteenth time to either make informed comments or quietly read what the technocrats are saying here. Now in lay man's parlance, let me try to explain to you what they are saying;
1. Nigeria is a huge country of 160 million people (this is about half the total population of West Africa sub region) yet Ironically it is served by only the Lagos ports, others only exist in paper or at best are underutilized.
2. The bulk of the importers in Nigeria are either domiciled in the Onitsha region or have operational outlets there.
3. Lagos ports are already seriously congested, leading to lost man hours, losses to importers in the form of accumulated demurrage and other logistic problems.
4. The recurring damage to the long stretch of Lagos-Ibadan, Ore-Benin-Asaba is mainly due to the heavy tonnes of goods that is daily passing through it.
5. Within Lagos itself, one half of creek road has been turned into a virtual park for heavy utility vehicles which leads to serious traffic gridlocks.
6. Nigeria is an import oriented country and having just one functional port for the whole country is risky and unwise.
7. The population of Lagos is already bursting at the seams and other economic centres need to be enhanced to discourage the current mad rush to Lagos.
8. Making Onitsha port viable will lead to increased efficiency of Lagos port and increased revenue to the FG since those Nigerin importers making use of Cotonue and Tema due to the bottlenecks at Lagos will now use the Onitsha port and pay customs duties to FG.
The aforementioned reasons are a few of the benefits Nigeria stand to gain by making Onitsha port viable.

Finally, Onitsha is the commercial capital of Nigeria and is strategically located on the banks of river Niger, goods are moved from Onitsha to the south east, south south and north, so if the Onitsha port could receive goods directly from ships or barges, it would lead to reduction in prices to the final consumer since cost of; transportation on roads, warehouses in Lagos and general logistics would be drastically cut down.

unfortunately ilugunboy and co are too myopic to know these nah.
They prefer tribal rants to reasonable discussions .
Ndi mmawu

1 Like

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Everest:

unfortunately ilugunboy and co are too myopic to know these nah.
They prefer tribal rants to reasonable discussions .
Ndi mmawu
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Malawian(m): 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
ilugunboy:

You are looking for trouble again right...? If Mukinat gives you what you deserve now..you will start crying all over the community.

so you are the one who goes whining to your mummy mukina for me shocked shocked shocked

what did i say that is wrong? dont you have an oily face? is c0nd0m not oily? tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin

meanwhile, how fr nah. i can see there is no more hope for you and your tribalism. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by logica(m): 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
Mr Everest:
Onitsha is the commercial capital of Nigeria
lipsrsealed
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by plaindealer: 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2013
Lagos is the industrial capital of the whole of West Capital and Lagos and the rest of the SW is the largest market in Nigeria, but the bulk of Nigeria's imports goes to the east?

If you are going to lie or beat your ever shallow chest, at least add a little common sense and quit sounding dumb and foolish.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by oneeast1: 10:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
plaindealer: Lagos is the industrial capital of the whole of West Capital and Lagos and the rest of the SW is the largest market in Nigeria, but the bulk of Nigeria's imports goes to the east?

If you are going to lie or beat your ever shallow chest, at least add a little common sense and quit sounding dumb and foolish.

If you want us to reason like humans knock off the highlighted. Then again tell your brothers to back off this thread if they do not have meaningful thing to offer or else I will take e-war pictures straight to their door steps.

Leave Lagos alone as it was not developed by Yorobars but the FG, the only thing Fasola did was to repave some of the existing routes, he did not build Lagos from the scratch just like most states are doing now. So if you must discuss focus on such states as Oyo, Ekiti, Ogun, Oshun and Ondo for your economic analysis and relate it to other states in other regions lets see how they have fared in comparison analysis.

3 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by plaindealer: 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
one.east1:

If you want us to reason like humans knock off the highlighted. Then again tell your brothers to back off this thread if they do not have meaningful thing to offer or else I will take e-war pictures straight to their door steps.

S
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by plaindealer: 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
one.east1:

Such huge imports = Huge economic activities

Such huge economic activities = Huge GDP, Jobs and IGR.

Huge GDP and IGR you don't have and job wise, it doesn't exist because your people are always leaving and heading to other parts of Nigeria specifically the SW for greener pastures.

Question::::; What exactly do you do with all the imports since it doesn't reflect on you in terms of Huge GDP and Huge IGR?

Question:::: Again, what do you do with the imports? Do you eat them?

Apply some common sense and quit insulting us with your dumb lies ans silliness...
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by oneeast1: 11:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
plaindealer:

Such huge imports = Huge economic activities

Such huge economic activities = Huge GDP, Jobs and IGR.

Huge GDP and IGR you don't have and job wise, it doesn't exist because your people are always leaving and heading to other parts of Nigeria specifically the SW for greener pastures.

Question::::; What exactly do you do with all the imports since it doesn't reflect on you in terms of Huge GDP and Huge IGR?

Question:::: Again, what do you do with the imports? Do you eat them?

Apply some common sense and quit insulting us with your dumb lies ans silliness...

Heading to Lagos not Yorobar land, because the last we checked Lagos was and is not a yorobar land as it was not developed by yorobars but FG. In terms of IGR there is no Yorobar state that can match any SE state, don't be deceived by the news paper based IGR.

Igbos are travelers from time immemorial, so its not today and its not because of better or worse economy but just like the Jews, Igbos are all over the world. Am also aware that Anambra is the most populated state in Nigeria after Lagos and Kano. So how come Anambra is ranking very high if Igbos are leaving so much like you painted it?

Apart from Lagos which is not yorobars's making where else in yorobar land that is worth living in? Where is the said job in the yorobar land outside Lagos which is FG's? The mistake an average yorobar man has kept making is that they do not travel to see what is going on in other regions, they just stock in one place eating oily soup.

It is on record that SE is better off than SW when it comes to povery index. At least I know that Anambra is the least poverty affected state in Nigeria.

Note: Igbos are not going to yorobar land but Lagos which is FG's, the former capital of Nigeria and no man's land.

6 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by IKEMBANNEWI: 11:34pm On Dec 09, 2013
one.east1:

Heading to Lagos not Yorobar land, because the last we checked Lagos was and is not a yorobar land as it was not developed by yorobars but FG. In terms of IGR there is no Yorobar state that can match any SE state, don't be deceived by the news paper based IGR.

Igbos are travelers from time immemorial, so its not today and its not because of better or worse economy but just like the Jews, Igbos are all over the world. Am also aware that Anambra is the most populated state in Nigeria after Lagos and Kano. So how come Anambra is ranking very high if Igbos are leaving so much like you painted it?

Apart from Lagos which is not yorobars's making where else in yorobar land that is worth living in? Where is the said job in the yorobar land outside Lagos which is FG's? The mistake an average yorobar man has kept making is that they do not travel to see what is going on in other regions, they just stock in one place eating oily soup.

It is on record that SE is better off than SW when it comes to povery index. At least I know that Anambra is the least poverty affected state in Nigeria.

Note: Igbos are not going to yorobar land but Lagos which is FG's, the former capital of Nigeria and no man's land.
Lmao, gringringrin, i just so love you Chino, you know where to hit those oily heads! Always claiming Lagos which was nothing but a creek slum, be4 Niger delta oil money was used to build it! Till date the bulk of the infrastruture in Lagos is FG property! Go to oshogbo and see hw a typical yoruba jungle looks undecided

5 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by plaindealer: 12:52am On Dec 10, 2013
one.east1:

Your senseless, bigoted and irrelevant rant didn't address my post and it's content. There's got to be more to you people as humans than this depraved and bigoted way of life.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 10, 2013
one.east1:
Kengali is among the finest brains we have on NL..

Am already dubbing your feasibility analysis on the Onitsha Port for onward transmission..

The fact is that GEJ will make Onitsha Port international designation but whether now on in next tenure is what I don't know. I have overheard it muted in the Ministry of Transport.

Thanks for the Compliment Bro.
I know we do not have a formal think tank in the South East,
For me that's the essence of this forum
Having a way to diffuse ideas to the right people
So I really appreciate your transferring my ideas, that's the purpose ab initio. grin cheesy
We have so much going for us in the SE that we need to work hard to harvest the things we need now that GEJ is around. Having a port is only a question of political willingness at the state level. Also the Igbo communities at the importing points are pretty well knitted that their buy in into a Sun Rising shipping firm is very much certain and easy.

1 Like

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by basilo101: 8:00am On Dec 10, 2013
Its veri obvious dat sm ppl r already having high BP.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by fkaz(m): 8:07am On Dec 10, 2013
Mr Everest:

You see all this your analysis are self-centred, why must goods get to onitsha before coming to northern part? Why can't i get it directly from lagos. And is onitsha port the only port that can decongest lagos port. Why not encourage FG to put portharcourt or calabar port into proper shape which is more closer to nitsha since they have direct access to atlantic ocean. My brother onitsha river port will remain a dream for now, because it is not viable. All the silt dredge out of the river and dump along the river channel had find their way back into the river, so you need dredging it all the time and you knw FG will always tell you they are broke. And am still reminding you that FG need to dredge all the river channel from Baro port in niger state to degema in bayelsa, you can't single out onitsha port for dredging alone if it must work. So for onitsha port to be in the news all the time is all about politics.
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by 9jagirl4re(f): 8:18am On Dec 10, 2013
fkaz:

You see all this your analysis are self-centred, why must goods get to onitsha before coming to northern part? Why can't i get it directly from lagos. And is onitsha port the only port that can decongest lagos port. Why not encourage FG to put portharcourt or calabar port into proper shape which is more closer to nitsha since they have direct access to atlantic ocean. My brother onitsha river port will remain a dream for now, because it is not viable. All the silt dredge out of the river and dump along the river channel had find their way back into the river, so you need dredging and you knw FG will always tell you they are broke. And am still reminding you that FG need to dredge all the river channel from Baro port in niger state to degema in bayelsa, you can't single out onitsha port for dredging alone if it most work. So for onitsha port, to be in the news all the time is all politics.
Are you an importer, I just don't get why you and your crew insist on disturbing every Anambra thread, what is your concern if we want the Port dredged? Are you even a business man because these your questions would not be asked if you were, you would know the cheapest form of transportation for importers is through water to our door step. You people should focus on what benefits you and yours and stop cogesting threads with trivial rubbish!

4 Likes

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by revolt(m): 8:27am On Dec 10, 2013
fkaz:

You see all this your analysis are self-centred, why must goods get to onitsha before coming to northern part? Why can't i get it directly from lagos. And is onitsha port the only port that can decongest lagos port. Why not encourage FG to put portharcourt or calabar port into proper shape which is more closer to nitsha since they have direct access to atlantic ocean. My brother onitsha river port will remain a dream for now, because it is not viable. All the silt dredge out of the river and dump along the river channel had find their way back into the river, so you need dredging and you knw FG will always tell you they are broke. And am still reminding you that FG need to dredge all the river channel from Baro port in niger state to degema in bayelsa, you can't single out onitsha port for dredging alone if it most work. So for onitsha port, to be in the news all the time is all politics.
to be quite Frank, I don't see the viability of onitsha port Cos you can't just select onitsha which hapns to b an inland port then leave the other inland ports redundant.
in my view I think calabar should be looked @ , or even oron which is closer to the Atlantic. onne people were not friendly to nwafors in the past, that's why nobody goes through that axis. basically the onitsha port is and inland port and the terrain doesn't even support dredging.
though no harm in developing that route but the fg isn't that buoyant.

1 Like

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by 9jagirl4re(f): 8:40am On Dec 10, 2013
revolt: to be quite Frank, I don't see the viability of onitsha port Cos you can't just select onitsha which hapns to b an inland port then leave the other inland ports redundant.
in my view I think calabar should be looked @ , or even oron which is closer to the Atlantic. onne people were not friendly to nwafors in the past, that's why nobody goes through that axis. basically the onitsha port is and inland port and the terrain doesn't even support dredging.
though no harm in developing that route but the fg isn't that buoyant.
What evidence do you have that this is not a viable project?

Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by ChinoElects: 9:45am On Dec 10, 2013
9jagirl4re: Are you an importer, I just don't get why you and your crew insist on disturbing every Anambra thread, what is your concern if we want the Port dredged? Are you even a business man because these your questions would not be asked if you were, you would know the cheapest form of transportation for importers is through water to our door step. You people should focus on what benefits you and yours and stop cogesting threads with trivial rubbish!

I still don't know why are overly disturbed? This is to show you that they already shaking and shivering. I heard from good source that its part of big plan to make designate Onitsha Port International Cargo, that was why they got the importers association to make the request first before FG will move into the matter and act accordingly. This is the good outcome of Obi and GEJ collabo..
grin
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by revolt(m): 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
9jagirl4re: What evidence do you have that this is not a viable project?
Cos it would be cheaper to dredge oron or ibaka which right now is even deeper than lagos, and close to onitsha, than start trying to develop an inland route. by the way u hope you've seen what erosion did to the river niger on that axis
Re: Importers Urge FG To Make Onitsha Port Cargo Destination by rafindo(m): 5:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
Lol.it will be easy for the devil to convince me about making nigeria a good country,an island than buy this disoriented fiction.eastdiaz,chino,ngozi,kengali nd all other enthuastic easterners this proposal is likened to scotland independence blueprint full of assumptions.As lord chancellor would say this proposal/plan is full of ifs and maybes.feasilible studies should be done with comparative and constrastive analysis to ascertain the viability of the project in long run.i am still dreaming how an inland port would be viable than an ocean port,that must be a joke from the devil.GOD BLESS THE EAST.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abuja-kaduna Rail Project No Longer Feasible In May – Amaechi / Saraki’s Ally, Baraje Attacks APC / Ogwashiukwu Indigene Debunks Buhari's Claim Of Completed Dam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.