Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Free Driving Lessons For 20 People - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Free Driving Lessons For 20 People (18698 Views)

Driving Lessons: How Long Does It Take To Learn And Get A Drivers License? / Your First Driving Lessons / Started My Driving Lessons: Need Lots Of Encouragement! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by smartg(m): 6:55am On Dec 10, 2013
Even if i buy a new car today, i will not need you to teach me how to drive cos i don't know you.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by Kingtim(m): 6:59am On Dec 10, 2013
experimentist: OP I get private jet, you fit teach me how to fly?
shuo.. bro u dey here ehn... Oya come finish the tori b4 we vex... Besides check your mail thanks.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by kingk(m): 7:12am On Dec 10, 2013
humblesteve:

and what is your point?

Am always happy rendering services to my fellow humanity..

humblesteve:
you are just too poor to comprehend

Thanks, though you can enlighten me still cos I do stand for more correction.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by oduz: 7:21am On Dec 10, 2013
OP, Kudos, I'm impressed by your Project & efforts,
I don't Know your motive but will like to share some experience on fairly related issues

As a teenager, the kind of education I had was such that I could service a vehicle ( had A3 in Auto mechanics )
I knew how the vehicle functions, we had about 4 mounted engines in the school workshop, but I did not have Practical Driving lessons
My father struggled to buy his used car, he was a "classic' african Dad" you dare not even ask him
I left University, having studied a different course, was begining to forget my 'automobile' theories
I focused on the commonest job I could get 'Marketing' of some sort, we used pool vehicles, some hired with driver
3 years down the line, got back from field work,was summoned to meet the company's HRconsults as a candidate for an unscheduled interview
Emerged few hours later as the new Manager & HoD, entittled to official car 24/7 with a driver, & in charge of managing 6 pool vehicles
The company's Drivers were not well paid, so were always in short supply. I was asked to get myself a driver
I got one from my neighbourhood, augmented his pay from mine
In spite of all my assurances he did not understand my new status, & more importantly his
He thought I was using him to fill the gaps, strategically avoided all arrangements to give me driving lessons
I resorted to the books & my thoretic knowledge & weekend practices unknown to my driver
Then I started to surprise him, on less busy days on our way home, unknown to me he also started to look for job elsewhere
He eventually left without notice, it was difficult to get a driver at the company's pay, so I continued to augment

Over the years I got involved with recruitment of drivers from my part of the city (down town) to elite friends
I discovered it is one of the easiest ways to empower youths, never had time to train them,
but to date has helped close to 10 with Driving School training & license aquisition

It gives so much fulfilment whenever they come back to say hi (me having now left the neighbhourhood), discussing how much they earn in companies or as commercial drivers. I also having 'bridged' jobs as cab driver in my down moments
Behold my favourite Empowerment programme to young friends at 'Moonshine' city
I recomend it to anybody who can spare the time or cash, & access to Young people without much education, but with much eagerness to work
Not ASUU 'strikers' trying to have fun
Quite Transforming, & so Fulfiling!

I am presently involved in two Logistics Companies for passive incomes
One of them of Nairaland Origin, Haulfast Partners can proudly witness that our Driver earns N5k a day

The Land is Green cool

2 Likes

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by Deglo514(f): 7:42am On Dec 10, 2013
Am interested but no car yet.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by humblesteve(m): 7:46am On Dec 10, 2013
kingk:

Am always happy rendering services to my fellow humanity..
OK!!!

Thanks, though you can enlighten me still cos I do stand for more correction.
what the op meant was that, he's not charging any fee for the service he's rendering, or you expect everything to be free not even dime for pure water or something like that haba. at least to say thank you or it seems you don't know how much they charge to teach one how to drive.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by kingk(m): 8:10am On Dec 10, 2013
humblesteve:
what the op meant was that, he's not charging any fee for the service he's rendering, or you expect everything to be free not even dime for pure water or something like that haba. at least to say thank you or it seems you don't know how much they charge to teach one how to drive.

Thanks for your reply.......it's same as I said earlier, for instance I live in lekki and the op lived in badagry; at least the transport fee for to and fro within that distance is close to 1k5. If I'll be the one to foot the transport fee for 1 week, also I have my car, I fuel my car etc........only his transport fee for that 1 week is 10k5 other side bills is not inclusive though.....don't you think it's then far better for me to go to any or nearby driving school where I can pay let's say 20k, no car of mine, no fuel....... So you see what I meant for him to re-edit cos it would've been better if he also specify location too rather that quoting Lagos in general.

1 Like

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by Mickyboiz: 8:33am On Dec 10, 2013
Am intrested bt i dnt av a car,cn u help?
EyesulO: This thread is both hilarious and serious to me as the OP.
To clear the air and stop some from discouraging all.
I am not a scam and there are no ulterior motives behind my offer.
My name is Oluseye(EyesulO in reverse). I only love to teach people to drive. I have done this right from my third year at the University of Lagos. I don't need to know your house to teach you to drive. In fact, i don't want to know your house. We will meet only at public places. I love my own life too. Borrow a car, rent a car...do anything...i'll impart the skill and leave you with it. I have done this for eight years now and neither I nor my students has a record of a crash till date- that's the God-factor in my trainings.
I don't own a driving school like some posters have said, so i am not advertising. People, i am only passionate about drivers' training.
I believe drivers' training should be delivered by knowledgeable trainers not touts or jobless people.
I believe drivers' training don't have to be in rickety Volkswagen beetle cars but in fully functional cars that prepare you for reality.
I believe drivers' training can and should be done with automatic drives and not just the manual one.
I believe learners should be treated with respect and given the value they paid for.
Can i have 20 people who want to know how to drive?
I'll see to those who don't have cars later. God bless Nairaland.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by Fabulous36(f): 10:07am On Dec 10, 2013
This is really a good one OP, but can one learn this in one week, with 20 persons how are you going to do the teaching. Are you going to hire 19 other tutors? Just thinking out loud shaa. Abeg enlighten us more. I am interested too
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by humblesteve(m): 10:57am On Dec 10, 2013
kingk:

Thanks for your reply.......it's same as I said earlier, for instance I live in lekki and the op lived in badagry; at least the transport fee for to and fro within that distance is close to 1k5. If I'll be the one to foot the transport fee for 1 week, also I have my car, I fuel my car etc........only his transport fee for that 1 week is 10k5 other side bills is not inclusive though.....don't you think it's then far better for me to go to any or nearby driving school where I can pay let's say 20k, no car of mine, no fuel....... So you see what I meant for him to re-edit cos it would've been better if he also specify location too rather that quoting Lagos in general.
yeah you are right and on point, this should be for people leaving close to the op.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by Emdee590(m): 11:19am On Dec 10, 2013
Adeyeyeaki: I wish but I don't own a car.
i wish too but i dnt own a car and i dnt reside in lagos
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 11:23am On Dec 10, 2013
Fabulous36: This is really a good one OP, but can one learn this in one week, with 20 persons how are you going to do the teaching. Are you going to hire 19 other tutors? Just thinking out loud shaa. Abeg enlighten us more. I am interested too
It's very simple madam. I didn't say you must know how to drive in one week but that you must be available to start within one week from the time i posted the offer. For those who have called, i have put them into time slots convenient for me and them. I don't lump people into a vehicle. It's one on one cos i know people have different learning curves. With my calculations we should finish with 20 people in 2weeks if some people here don't discourage them from starting. And yes i will have some kind-hearted people join me in the training. Thanks
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by Ogash: 11:59am On Dec 10, 2013
We go carry our cars for head com because u wan teach us hw to drive..
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by Sallychizzl3: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
Chemiefatie: I am willing to teach anyone within my location also. No need to bring car. grin

Are u for real?
Pls inbox me ur location. Salmed89@yahoo.com
Thx.
But if na fluke i go comot 2 outta ur teeth. grin
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by Sallychizzl3: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2013
@OP, nice one. Looking forward to doz without a car, i dnt mind dropping something.
Thx n God bless.
To all d pessimists. tongue
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by fattbabakay(m): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hmmmmm...too good 2 be true,I smell foul-play...na 9ja we dey,no 1 shud be trusted!!!BTW,dnt u av somtin 2 do
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
So we had our first lesson today.
I met Hariyoh the first time today. He called me when he saw my post the first time here. We met at a busstop somewhere at Ketu. We got to work quickly. Lesson time was just an hour. He showed me the skills he'd learnt before and i gave him a little support. I think he's a great student. We cruised around his neighbourhood and his grip strengthened. I believe he won't need any assistance in just 3 more lessons.
Well done Hariyoh!
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
Desptite all the cynicism a good number of people here have for various reasons.
I am happy to announce to everyone that the free driving lessons has kicked off very well and i'm happy to see people benefitting from this gesture at no cost.
God bless you all.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
humblesteve:
yeah you are right and on point, this should be for people leaving close to the op.
No that's not true. I reside at Ogudu but i have students in Isolo at the moment. Thanks for your thoughtfulness about what it'll cost me to get to your location but careful planning takes care of that without you having to part with your money to me.
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by hariyoh: 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
For the doubting Thomas on Nairaland, after several calls and sms, I eventually met with Mr. Oluseye, a young man with good intentions towards helping nairalanders on driving skills. Am a living witness. Here is the pics from the first free training class held at about 4pm and be expecting more as class progress. Mr. Oluseye, continue with your good intention, I can speak boldly that during the course of the first training class, neighbour around also show interest in the driving class. God will reward you abundantly sir and hoping to continue from where we end the class today. Do have a great night rest. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by hariyoh: 9:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
Check this out

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by SageNaruto(m): 11:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
Chemiefatie: I am willing to teach anyone within my location also. No need to bring car. grin
Where might dat be?!
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by hariyoh: 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
Day 2 driving lesson for those yet to believe. Mr. Oluseye Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
Na wa o! I offered to give free driving lessons and I ask people to provide the cars they want to use suddenly I have become a potential car thief or ritualist. Should I teach you for free and bear all the risk of your learning also?
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
There are still five slots for the free offer.
I have grouped a category of intended learners within Ketu, Ojota, Iyana Oworo, Maryland areas together and allocated time slots to them. The other regions also have groupings as well.
I have received text messages from unemployed graduates who genuinely need this skill but can't afford to get a car, I'm imploring these ones to be patient, hopefully those who are benefitting from this gesture now will support us in putting the available cars to in good working order for our use.

2 Likes

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by Gudintent: 11:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
EyesulO: Na wa o! I offered to give free driving lessons and I ask people to provide the cars they want to use suddenly I have become a potential car thief or ritualist. Should I teach you for free and bear all the risk of your learning also?

Keep up the good work wink

2 Likes

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by hariyoh: 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
More pics

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by hariyoh: 7:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pic
Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by EyesulO(m): 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
Day 3
It's now three lessons with my first student. He's done brilliantly with his pedals(btw we're learning with a manual transmission). He's a typical student who has had some training in the basics, he only needed someone to help out with his confidence on the road and just a little bit more. The car doesn't go off as often anymore. I'm impressed with his progress. We've travelled a distance of about the length of the 3rd mainland bridge in a busy neighbourhood. He started shifting into the second gear today. No hassles at all. In 2more hours of my supervision, i believe he will be able to take his family to church, take them out to have a good time this christmas without any reason to fear.

1 Like

Re: Free Driving Lessons For 20 People by hariyoh: 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2013
With 3 hours (3 days) driving class having been supervised by Mr. Oluseye, I took the car (with "L" tag on) on my own out with my family and we went round the community. All thanks to Mr. Oluseye for those driving techniques, irt really helped me own. A lot of people were making comments such as "why using learner", "This one no be learner again" e.t.c.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here / 12 Innoson Vehicles And Their Prices (pictures) / 10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.