Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] (117387 Views)

The Genesis (tales Of Childhood) / Gone Like The Wind. / Teenage Negligence: The Genesis Of Nigeria Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by labaski(f): 3:36pm On May 27, 2015
abeg na, come and update nah..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 27, 2015
Short. But thanks again.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:02pm On May 27, 2015
Chai...I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting...Pray for time to b able to update frequently...let's see how dis night goes but I'm so tired right nw. But, I'll be sure to do an update within d nxt 24hrs or even two.

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by noblebright(m): 10:23pm On May 29, 2015
I for see this story finishing in the next 1yr
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:37pm On May 30, 2015
He got himself up and was gonna explain himself out of this situation.

"I'm so sorry...but this must be a misunderstanding...I'm supposed to be..."

A spell came flying his direction and he was saved by the slippery nature of the grass as he slipped and fell allowing the spell to fly pass.

"Damn...this ugly diva means business....she does want to kill me."

"You fool...you're a coward. You killed my brother...I'll condemn you to the same fate."

"No, I didn't...."

Boom!

It came spiraling again but he was much aware this time and ducked in time to avoid the spell. This got the monster like lady angry and she dashed towards George with a 'you are gonna die' kind of determination.

"Reflesonta!"

He recognized this spell the moment it was voiced out by this monster. It was the seven deadly joint locking curse. It incapacitates its victim and makes them bleed slowly to death. He knew he had to avoid it or he would have to kiss good bye to the earth, if indeed this was earth, and relocate to the land beyond.

"Autohumus leviosa!"

He was immediately spiraled up and he did this just in time to escape the spell bolt which missed him narrowly by just a few inches. He knew he had to do something and really fast.

Still standing in mid-air, he recalled the banishing curse but he didn't think it should be used on humans.

Stupid! This wasn't a human...it was a dead soul only just re-awakened.

That was his mind. He was reminded that these creatures might not be real as they were just meant to be test for him. Surely Mr. Logan wouldn't want him dead. With in that mind, he directed his palm at her.

"Tantrix nakade embodien"

She had been trying to lung at him but suddenly she froze mid way through her spell. It was quite surprising to her. It started from her legs paralyzing her as it went and crept up with amazing speed up her body. By the time it got to her face, her whole body had lost their freedom. It froze her face and he eyes were the only organs she could move as she kept blinking them. It was difficult telling what emotion was going through her; anger, hate or surprise. Soon, her eyes lost their motion too and with that she burst open into tiny shards of flames.

The next two plate light projections shifted at once and two guys probably in their early twenties emerged looking very much identical with the same black eyes, pointed nose,and small black lips which were cracked perhaps from disuse. They smelt of myrrh.

How the gods I'm I going to defeat these...Oh...Mr. Logan must be crazy

He was caught out of his thought as one of them shot a spell at him.

"Flumensia!"

He ducked in time to allow the spell fly pass him but he wasn't fast enough as the other dude casted his immediately.

"Ribbona!"

It hit him in his stomach and he was forced into the shaped of a ball and with force went crashing backwards. He hit the invisible barrier and fell to his face. He spat out blood from his mouth and stood up slowly to face them.

"Leviosa!"

He was channeled up and suspended in mid air.

"See, you're too lazy to fight us. I don't why the others couldn't defeat a brat like you."

"Dismantus!"

He was flung down suddenly and because he wasn't expecting it, the impact was so much that he fainted immediately...

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:39pm On May 30, 2015
Sorry for not updating y'day...and yes, this story isn't about to end...there's lot more. This is just the genesis. Thanks for understanding.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 7:43pm On May 30, 2015
I'm always occupied from morning till about 7pm and whenever I return, I'm usually exhausted. I lie not!

#MadeOfMore!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by labaski(f): 8:54pm On May 30, 2015
dis is d Genesis, we still dey go Revelation ba? anyways, continue. I'm here to read..
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 12:30am On Jun 01, 2015
mmmh.....guy cum upload oo
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:43am On Jun 01, 2015
Happy new month everyone. May your month be filled with a touch of magic.

I will update later on....

#MadeOfMore
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by noblebright(m): 9:35am On Jun 01, 2015
wishing you the best, come n updatento
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 02, 2015
Thanks for the updaticautux
Still........followingtux
Expecting more updaticautux........
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:00am On Jun 02, 2015
adeh39:
Thanks for the updaticautux
Still........followingtux
Expecting more updaticautux........
Funny you!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 6:48am On Jun 04, 2015
Good morning y'all. Please, I beg your pardon. I just flashed my phone and I've still not got the document to go app I use in typing. Network here is highly CASTED and so each time I try downloading it, it always fails...I bring an update the very day I download it. Gracias!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Ice4jez(m): 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
See u next. Month
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Alpha100(m): 10:32am On Jun 18, 2015
Waiting...
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:39am On Jun 18, 2015
He stirred and rose up. He felt a burden on his shoulder as though he was being pushed down. His shoulder hurt so bad. He wondered what had gotten him so hurt. As he tried standing up, he met with resistance. He couldn't stand as something was acting like a blockade. He tried with more effort but the more he pressed on, the more he found out that he couldn't get out. The truth began to dawn on him as he recounted what happened before he fell asleep.

"Damn these scums! They used the shielding spell."

He tried to get his hands out but they felt numb.

"And they even did one on my hand. What's all these and where are they even?"

He looked around but they were no where around.

He managed to turn his palm towards the open.

"Repairo!"

Strength came back to his hand and he was back to using his phallenges.

"Resuminuos!"

The blockade receded quickly and he got up looking around. He saw no one and his confusion grew.

Weren't they going to finish him off or perhaps killing him hadn't been their target.

He moved with great difficulty as it seemed a heavy weight was attached to his leg. His limbs felt nimble. Still he moved on.

He remembered that the ground had been barricaded to prevent him from moving out. He hoped with all his life that it had somehow come undone as he had not the slightest idea of a spell to undo it. He walked on and on until he came to the stream. He smiled knowing fully well that the spell had been lifted.

Bending down to the water, he cupped his hand and took a gulp. His throat itched a little. He hadn't realized how thirsty he really had been. He felt so relieved. Little wonder there was that saying that water was life.

He fell back to the ground facing the skies as he tried to regain what little was left of his strength. The wind was on course now and it soothed him. He shut his eyes and allowed his mind to drift. Mr. Logan would have so much to explain as to having left him amidst demons to die in what would have been a very painful death.

I thought he was supposed to prepare me for what was ahead but that was way off it...My guardian would do a better job than this. I think its high time I...

He felt something cold hit him. He ignored it. The grasses around were still wet and as the wind blew, one could have touched him with its tassels.

Another touch. This time probing.

This surely was no grass. He opened his eyes slowly to meet the intense gaze of a feminine beauty.

"Start talking. You've got only five minutes till I kill you."

He was taken aback. Here was a lady more beautiful than any he'd ever seen and she had that intense gaze with blue eyes that seemed to be probing into him. And she was...she was going to kill him. It was there in her expression. He had to talk..she meant business.

"I'm George...George emm...I can't really say but the old man said my dad's name is Prince. So, I guess I'm George Prince."

"Liar! You're lying. You can't be son to King Prince. You had better said the truth now or I'd make your death more painful."

She threw away the stick that she had been wielding and conjured a big hand with punching gloves on. It hung just above his head.

"Speak now or be beaten to pulp!"

"I'm saying the truth..I..."

The hand came swiftly down but he was quicker ducking low and rolling over. It came again and he dodged the second time.

"Let's see how long you last!"

She conjured a ball he realized to be the 'jew's ball', a very gigantic ball and it came rolling towards him. Wherever he went it followed. He wasn't too fast as he was still nursing some pains and so he stopped running and began thinking while he stood. The ball approached him and had no intent to stop. He looked steadily at it and then the spell hit him.

He had been concentrating on the ball and had forgotten about the lady. He had heard the 'flumensia' but his brain had been too slow to process the meaning. He fell with a thud.

"See, you're not that smart. A little decoy and you're prey. I'm gonna finish you now."

She looked down at him and for once he noticed her features. She was so close with small red lips and thick eye lines. She was really a beauty. He was suddenly caught off his fancy as he noticed that she hadn't attack him. Her visions seemed to be getting blurred as she struggled to maintain balance. She took two steps back and fell back in an unmistaken faint.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by alleazardous(m): 11:03am On Jun 18, 2015
Welcome back boss
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by labaski(f): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2015
welcome, we know say Na once in a month we go dey get updates now.. at least u should v made it longer.. thanks anyways..

I hope George isn't gonna die from all dese pple sha..
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 12:34am On Jun 20, 2015
Ur leave don finish
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Alpha100(m): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
alleazardous:
Welcome back boss
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Alpha100(m): 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
labaski:
welcome, we know say Na once in a month we go dey get updates now.. at least u should v made it longer.. thanks anyways..

I hope George isn't gonna die from all dese pple sha..

It shouldn't na!

Pabon try update soonest!
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by noblebright(m): 7:59am On Jun 28, 2015
less say you're backricadoux
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2015
Chapter Eleven

He placed his hand on her head and felt her pulse. He sighed deeply. Finally, her temperature was returning back to normal. He sat down on a stool beside her bedside.

George opened the door quietly, walked in and stood beside him.

"How's she doing?"

"She's better now. Her temperature is gradually returning to normal. She was lucky to have arrived here on time. A bite from a dralion is no joke. She was lucky to have met you when she did."

Or you were lucky I wasn't dead when before she met me and that she didn't also kill me!

"Never fathomed that this was how I was going to meet your much talked about daughter."

"Yeah, but it could have been worse. See, even in her weak state, she still could outsmart you."

"Hmmrhhh!" He grunted.

"She's always possessed that amazing intuition. She reminds me much of myself!"

"If she was so 'intuitive', how did she get bit by a dralion?"

"My boy, you have no idea what a dralion could do. Pray you don't meet one. Its one of the deadliest beast in the world, wide over. But its not found everywhere, only in few high ranking Magic Lord's possessions. Which leaves me wondering how she got bit by one?"

There was a brief silence during which George tried to create a dralion with the bits of information he had gotten from Mr. Logan. He envisaged a great monster with crimson red eyes, sharp claws and great spreading wings. He could sense smoky flame brewing in its mouth.

He was cut short when Mr. Logan spoke.

"It's time to administer the final spell. I would need your assistance. Oh God, I pray she survives it...she's so weak!"

He motioned for him to holds her hands together firmly. Her hands felt so cold to his touch as he held them.
Mr. Logan applied some sort of balm on her nostrils, eyes and forehead.

"Trans vein los nervis tus luis endo gramatins. Lobatius porta mendis. Chan rovers longtoris.

Eves evanesca, puck loisse tus chivos mendagorin. Grundis les emmaneva chalis tus apremendi

Victoris des devon. Achila..."

He was chanting now as he said the last part of the spell. The room suddenly lit up and the window blends that had been spread so no light came in suddenly went up revealing darkness outside. It was as though things had suddenly turned upside down. Her body was beginning to jerk now and a great fear gripped him. This had got to be some really dark magic.

"Lungs afente. Spleen afente. Tus gonadans enflammare!"

As he said the last word, she jerked up suddenly with a scream so loud it could be heard miles away. Her eyes were pure black and the hairs on her head stood like some witch he had heard in fairy tales. He was lucky to have had breakfast already as it had proven to take a great deal of power to have held her back.

As suddenly as this had happened, it didn't take time to quiet down. Slowly her hairs smoothed down again and she fell down back to the bed with her eyes close, her body still and without breath.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2015
Cold morning.

Its raining rice and beans here...

I finally updated again. Its not too long but its manageable. I'm feeling up today, hope you are too?

#Made of More
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by rockhillz(m): 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
welcome from Ur sabbatical
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by labaski(f): 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
welcome again and again.. u were away for too long I almost forgot d story.. abeg no let us lose interest in ds story.. nice update..
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
labaski:
welcome again and again.. u were away for too long I almost forgot d story.. abeg no let us lose interest in ds story.. nice update..

Thanks dearie...I shall try...I shall try.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
He scurried through her stuffs as he continued searching for something, something to answer the many questions that had been popping up in his mind. Like where had she been? Why did she have to go? Why had she been bitten by a dralion? Had she taken any thing that could have let to the unleashing of the dralion against her?

The questions just kept juggling in his mind. He wondered why Mr. Logan wouldn't say anything. His unwillingless to give him answers had been the basic driving force behind his invading into the privacy of someone he hadn't even known quite well.

He probed deeper into the bag. His hand caught a small round object which turned out to be a small black, rather ugly ball. He wondered what she used it for. Surely, this wouldn't be what she must have been trying to hide. He threw it aside. He kept searching and his hand was pricked so deep that he let out a scream. He stopped midway as the pain made a little way for his senses to emerge and he realized that he was this close to being caught going through the bag pack of a lady he hadn't even been introduced to. Mr. Logan might not tolerate such craze.

He found licking the wound a bit of a relief.

"What sorta lady allows needles to be so carelessly laid in her bag? Except of course she's trying to hide something!"

He wondered if it was worth the trouble. Probably, he may not find anything that could give him valuable information. He hated to think that he had wasted his time.

He made to get up from his kneeling position but just then a book struck his attention. It laid there, deep down, at the bottom of the bag. It must have been deliberately put there at the bottom so no one could see it. He quickly brought it out of the bag and made way for the reading table just beside the wardrobe. As it was dark, he put on the wickery old lamp with a carefree thrust of his hand.

"Enflammare!"

The light lit the nearly dark room. He hadn't really given a look at how really old Mr. Logan's room looked. It was tidy though, something he was coming to admire about the good old man. He allowed his attention to drift back to the book.
A big sized, red leather hard covered, it looked strangely tightly sealed. He tried lifting the cover but it didn't comply. He wondered why it had to be sealed and...it had no name. He looked closely at the cover and for some reason thought he saw letters hidden beneath the first layer of paper. Like someone had deliberately had it concealed. There was one way to know to know for sure.

"Patefacio!"

What looked like a mist cleared off from the cover to reveal some writings. It was written in gothic but nonetheless, readable and with a mixture of shock and awe he read out the name, more of a title.
" THE BOOK OF CURSES"

Though he was amazed as to how the lady must have gotten such a book he had come to understand was rare, he let his anxiety for some new information lead as he tore open the first page.

"The book of curses is an ancient masterpiece created by the union of the first three of the league of Beginners. It holds the key to maintaining the balance between nature's course. It was meant to be used against any force that dared to disturb the will of the maker by altering the processes that serves to uphold the perfect flow of earth's energy. Its not to be used as a tool for sovereignty but as a weapon for justice. It betides woe to any unwarranted user. Please ensure that you follow the due terms and conditions guiding usage. If you agree to these rules you make take the oath on the next page."

He was certain. He had not the faintest will to disturb nature and neither wanted to use the spells for evil or greed. He thus agreed to the conditions. He turned to the next page and placed his palm on the circle meant for the purpose and read the spell underneath.

"Listas fortindo en gaste un veritas
Monglade tus vinus tus vinci enrolden."

Blood flowed from his palm and ran round the circle forming some sort of seal. He was oblivious of this, too drawn in to the energy emanating from the swear process.

"As to manglara ash vencus togloorans
Tespens aroda mongalens monvistis
Serpense lorrens viracious venolia

Astuminuis redundi afurmusia al..."

He was cut short by a scream as loud as a cannon blast. He was shocked. He looked to the book but nothing made sense. Then he looked towards the door way and there stood a feeble frame, unsteady legs, a dirty gown which had creases from down all the way up, a face filled with terror and fear, Mr. Logan's daughter.

1 Like

Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by pabon(m): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2015
Good morning guyz..

I'm not so good with web design but I heard blogging isn't so difficult. I want to create a blog for my books and stuffs..does anyone know how to?

I need your help on this one.
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by labaski(f): 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2015
too many unfinished stores on my followed topics.. I'm unfollowing right away. u can mention me when u continue.. thanks..
Re: Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] by Ice4jez(m): 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2015
labaski:
too many unfinished stores on my followed topics.. I'm unfollowing right away. u can mention me when u continue.. thanks..
i tell u, wish i never started it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story) / A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.