Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple (13887 Views)

Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. / Gay Couple Gives Birth To A Healthy Boy / Man Bashes Wife For Refusing To Teach Him How To Use Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by garbigarba: 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
POPE II: A true Christian warrior, proud of what you did bro, don't mind your punishment on earth, God will reward you for this good work
Can you read the disgusting thing you just typed, what makes you any different from
Islamic terrorists.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by flexshop(m): 6:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by flexshop(m): 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
Seun: There was a time when living as a black American was very inconvenient because most places of business would refuse to serve black people. Can you imagine going to a restaurant with your white friends only to be told that they "don't serve your type here?" Or a petrol station? Or to not be allowed to attend a good school even though your academics are strong? That's what America was like before the laws that convicted this man were created. It does a lot of damage to members of minority groups if people are allowed to refuse to do business with "their type".

This reasoning is flawed because discrimination against blacks was never at any time based on religion. Here, the man refused on religious grounds

3 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by ebenice(m): 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
I tink this is not a justify justice but rather " rubbing peter to pay paul" phenomena. Must the judge in the advent of gratifying justice tø one party becose of their so called gay right displease the other fellow citizen who is practicing his belief?.. I mean he owns his shop n he cant displease himself to please others.. If the ones with d reprobate minds find it offensive they should move to d next shop who will welcum them abi na by force?..
Just saying though=for ins ance here in NL mods ban people becos the do sumtin ofènsive..or spew rubish blame it on their home training or I.Q... So shud we nw say d mod is bias? Base on this assertions?.if he mod dint tolorate such ones nd ban them because hix incharge...so equaly the baker too refuse too because hix incharge too..abi kile risi? After all he has his right over his ownership..

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Egba girl:

How do you tell that someone is gay? undecided

Read his comment again. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Oluwaseytiano(m): 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
Donalð Genes: .
You dey mind 'em...let them keep being gay, Judgement day will judge them...they will be answerable to God Anyway..let them keep arguing blindly.. I keep wondering whether this gay people really sit down and reason well? I mean, 'Were their parent gay when giving birth to them?
exactly if their father had chosen to marry a guy, they wouldnt be here complaining about discrimination

3 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Oluwaseytiano(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
Originalsly: I agree with the State. Once the baker opened his door to the public....then he can't pick and choose who to bake for and who not to bake for... that right has automatically been given up. Is this not the same as Blacks not being allowed in a restaurant because the owner doesn't like Blacks? ...or a taxi driver not picking up Blacks? ....or someone not given a job because of his religion...or tribe? Is this not the type of thing Mandela fought against...discrimination? ...or are we now burying Mandela as well as all that he stood for? I mourn for Mandela and now I have to mourn for the blind among us.
hey dumbass, you can choose not to be black, but u can choose not to be gay
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by MsNas(f): 7:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
Choosing to like gays is not by force, it is a personal conviction. That's why i don't understand why people wanna shove all these Gay BS down everybody's throat.

Last I checked, I was entitled to my opinion. I don't like gays, will never will. If you chose to be Gay, then chose to deal with the consequences. Don't go screaming wolf anytime people don't wanna do things for you because of your sexual orientation.

The way I get BS as an African and don't complain about it, is the same way they should dust off and go look for another baker.

I'm not justifying discrimination, but this isn't a perfect world. We don't control's people's emotions and orientation. I repeat...everybody to his/her opinion.

This gay thing is getting out of hand. All they do now is scream equal rights. Reminds me of this paranoid girl at work who thinks every look you give her means something cos she's gay. Nonsense angry She crossed my path, I put her in her place once and for all......everything doesn't revolve around you madam angry

7 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by samsard(m): 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
Seun: There was a time when living as a black American was very inconvenient because most places of business would refuse to serve black people. Can you imagine going to a restaurant with your white friends only to be told that they "don't serve your type here?" Or a petrol station? Or to not be allowed to attend a good school even though your academics are strong? That's what America was like before the laws that convicted this man were created. It does a lot of damage to members of minority groups if people are allowed to refuse to do business with "their type".
I guess you are gay like someone said.

6 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by samsard(m): 7:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
GSKing: If he wasn't denied assess to start his business in his state, he shouldn't deny people/clients the business he was allowed to start...after all he'll be paid for his services... he should be jailed for intolerance and segregation of gay couples!
always find you on every thread with the 'word' gay!. I think he should have the right to refuse anyone service even if its discriminatory.

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by andyanders: 7:22pm On Dec 10, 2013
Devil on parole.

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by ChiSun27(m): 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2013

Seun! Seun!! Seun!!!

How many times did I call you?
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by MsNas(f): 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
Seun! Seun!! Seun!!! Did Ogugua88 and Sexkillz put a hex on you before they left? You seldom comment on threads but see the patra you are talking here. Equating gay rights to the Black struggle. Nawa ooo cry

3 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Agbaka1: 7:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
if u like go be be gay is ur borrowed life which u must acct for either in hell fire or in heaven. no body knows when death will come. if u DIE! now, u are lost forever no repentance in d grave.

am happy dis things are happening it means d BIBLE is true and real. hahaha there is no excuse for u on judgement day.
ACCEPT CHRIST NOW OR GET LOST!
I am not begging u to repent but check [color=#006600
]Revelation 22:11 [/color]

WOW BIBLE ROCKS all end time signs borkuu there. this is just d begining. hmm i can feel sweet heaven.
DEAR GOD IF ITS BETTER FOR ME TO BE THE MOST POOREST USELESS AND FOOLISH PERSON IN THIS WORLD AND MAKE HEAVEN THAN BE THE OPPOSIT AND RUSH INTO HELL FIRE ......LET IT BE.

END TIME TINS CONTINOUSSSS.

3 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by BlueMagic2(m): 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
I wish all gays will be taken to an island & killed. This gay sh!#. is getting out of hand. This is unheard of in an Islamic country
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by rapmike(m): 7:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
Dis people r totally wrong! I mean d fact dat a man refuses to bake 4 a gay couple does nt make him homophobic! Please! This is an affront to a man's beliefs and it is worse dan gay discrimination. Aren't there many oda shops dat r ready 2 bake 4 dem? Or is d man's shop nw a government shop? This is an infringement on the man's freewill, simple!

3 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Deschil: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
GBAM!!! They keep equating colour with gayness. What do nature & nurture have in common? undecided
Anvaller:

U guys are just joining the white folk's band wagon with the way u are reasoning, its a shame that they think for u and u don't even know it. The white folks have hijacked the black ppl's struggle, equate it with gay struggles and u sank it in like u are not even thinking. Is it not ridiculous that every time they want to defend gay ppl they start to talk about blackness as if the black struggle has the same moral, historical, and political background as gay struggles.

I am not saying u shouldn't defend gay interests if u want but try to think deeper than what the white folks subliminally filter through ur consciousness. No one can equate my race, my skin color, my struggle to gayness, stop this BS. I don't need to convince anyone that I am black, u will see it. My race is not an orientation, its a race unquestionably who I am. Not the same thing with gays or is it?

And to u who said u were not allowed into a gay club, whats ur business in a gay club if u are not gay, did u not know it was a gay club? For ur information, I used to attend parties that are strictly for black guys and white girls, would a white guy scream discrimination if he was bounced at the club gate? Its common sense here. And if they said they don't allow Nigerians, there's probably was a case on it, have u found out?
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by MRSANITY(m): 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
manny4life: Discrimination against sexuality is a "HATE CRIME".
Please don't say what you don't know, all becos u want likes from Nairaland land gay community.

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Deschil: 7:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
Seun is a business man...he cannot AFFORD to discriminate-all are welcome on board undecided
Virgin Finder:

Seun!!!

I am disappointed in you!

Gay people are mad!

Can you do business with a mad person?

Do you allow all forms of ads on Nairaland?

OMG!
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Agbaka1: 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
Blue Magic: I wish all gays will be taken to an island & killed. This gay sh!#. is getting out of hand. This is unheard of in an Islamic country

that is why d western powers try all cruel tactics to creep into d arab continent to perpetrate dis DEMONS. Think of Libya. they are gone. soon democracy will be introduce and its evil seed will be planted. they call it right of d people. it has limits. right to practice gay and its likes is totally LUCIFIC.

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by wman(m): 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
Niggers please!! Nairaland thrives on Traffic. Banning gays would only reduce Seun's traffic. Think like businessmen!

You Christians should have said you wouldn't undergo business deals with christians.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
Virgin Finder:

Seun!!!

I am disappointed in you!

Gay people are mad!

Can you do business with a mad person?

Do you allow all forms of ads on Nairaland?

OMG!

Coming from aone whose username is Virgin Finder. undecided
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by wman(m): 8:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
Anvaller:

U guys are just joining the white folk's band wagon with the way u are reasoning, its a shame that they think for u and u don't even know it. The white folks have hijacked the black ppl's struggle, equate it with gay struggles and u sank it in like u are not even thinking. Is it not ridiculous that every time they want to defend gay ppl they start to talk about blackness as if the black struggle has the same moral, historical, and political background as gay struggles.

I am not saying u shouldn't defend gay interests if u want but try to think deeper than what the white folks subliminally filter through ur consciousness. No one can equate my race, my skin color, my struggle to gayness, stop this BS. I don't need to convince anyone that I am black, u will see it. My race is not an orientation, its a race unquestionably who I am. Not the same thing with gays or is it?

And to u who said u were not allowed into a gay club, whats ur business in a gay club if u are not gay, did u not know it was a gay club? For ur information, I used to attend parties that are strictly for black guys and white girls, would a white guy scream discrimination if he was bounced at the club gate? Its common sense here. And if they said they don't allow Nigerians, there's probably was a case on it, have u found out?

You lack comprehension skills. You and the mofos liking your post.
Dude never said he wasn't gay. He said he was gay but the club was discriminating Nigerians which is wrong in SA.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by dinachi(m): 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
How can anybody compare homosexuality with being black? This is seriously sickening! One is a race while the other is a sickening life style. @ Seun I hope you know that other sick minds in the US are also clamoring for Pedohp1lia to be recognized as a sexual orientation. That will be the day! Very soon they will start wedding children to these sick minds. Evil is slowly and steadily advancing and those who should know better are here talking about tolerance for evil.
The baker reserves the right to select who he wants to bake for. The business is his not the governments!
IF YOU ARE A PASTOR WILL YOU WED TWO HOMOSEXUAL MEN BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT SAYS SO?
Now the government wants to start controlling people's beliefs too. Does that not sound close to the kind of thing the antichrist will do.

History of Homosexual agitation in the US

PHASE ONE: Please decriminalize us , the government agrees.

PHASE TWO: Please recognize it as a sexual orientation, government agrees

PHASE THREE: Please let us have Civil Unions , the government agrees.

PHASE FOUR: Please let us have full Marriage Status, government sheepishly agrees again.

PHASE FIVE: Now you must force everybody to do our bidding!

History of Pedoph1le agitation in the US

PHASE ONE:Please recognize it as a sexual orientation, government agrees see here http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/01/many-experts-now-view-pedophilia-as-a-sexual-orientation-google-hangout.html

PHASE TWO: Coming soon

PHASE THREE:Coming soon

PHASE FOUR: Coming soon

PHASE FIVE: Coming soon

My people evil is gradually creeping forward, we need to checkmate it before we turn our world into a theater of the absurd!

These people with their evil agenda are becoming bolder and bolder. Don't be the silent majority whose silence allow evil to thrive. Our planet is degenerating, speak up for good.

4 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by desosa(m): 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
Seun:
This type of discriminatory "beliefs" should not be tolerated. And frankly, there's nothing in the bible that says you shouldn't bake cakes for gays. Jesus allowed a prostitute to anoint him with oil, and he broke bread with a corrupt tax collector. How can baking cakes for gays be a sin? If Jesus was a baker and not a carpenter, I think he would have baked delicious cakes for gay people and used the opportunity to preach to them.

I don't believe that such an offense should attract a jail term; it may be more appropriate to take away his business license for a few months.

Most intelligent post!
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Kairoseki77: 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
flexshop:

This reasoning is flawed because discrimination against blacks was never at any time based on religion. Here, the man refused on religious grounds

Nope! The bible was even used to justify SLAVERY.

These two quotes were used for centuries to justify the practice of holding men and woman in bondage.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling" (Ephesians 6:5)
"Tell slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect" (Titus 2:9).

The bible was used to justify segregation, apartheid, and many more atrocities.

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by elampiro(m): 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2013

The law doesn't allow chirstians in some countries to preach or pray in public. Now the law has gone further to forcing christians into associating with pagan rites.

Why is the law protecting some (evil) groups and exposing some (christians) to persecution?

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by MrAboki: 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2013

you sir have a great mind..

its so easy to forget that once upon a time, it was niggers that where the homos of that time..

3 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by manny4life(m): 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
MR.SANITY:
Please don't say what you don't know, all becos u want likes from Nairaland land gay community.

You're a person, the hell I care about likes... angry angry angry

If you have issues, take it up with those who classified it as a hate crime..
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 10, 2013
Jxt what on ma mind..God Bless you....[quote author=dinachi]
If they are punishing him about his belief then that is too bad. Many people believe that their is no God, some believe that he exists who has punished them for their "discriminatory" beliefs? Some people believe that Homosexuals should marry, who has punished them?
The baker does not work for the government and therefore has the right to say please go to the next store I don"t want to attend to you. What of instances you visit a shop and the shop owner is closing and says I cant

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
Stop hating, my LGBT rights doesn't take away your heterosexual rights! It only means we all get to enjoy our inalienable HUMAN rights. Surely this is not too difficult to comprehend?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by gramci: 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
POPE II: Who is that slowpoke who dare compare fagotry with racism? Can u hide your Africaness ? Can you hide your blackness? Did you ever choose to b black or African? Olodo

fa.g.gots should be ostracized.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name / Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl / Couples Attending Different Churches,is It Wise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.