Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple (13886 Views)

Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. / Gay Couple Gives Birth To A Healthy Boy / Man Bashes Wife For Refusing To Teach Him How To Use Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2013
masonkz:

When will you sex-obsessed freaks get it into your skulls that being gay isn't just about fcking

Everytime na so so bleeding anus you dey yarn. Dude sitcho behind down. If you aren't gay, you aren't gay. Period!
Mr. gay, pls tell us, what is being gay about? u are attracted to a man like you for what purpose? I stumbled into a page on face book called nigeria gay or something like that, see men dropping their numbers saying, i am bottom from onitsha, i am top from ph, everything bottom and top, now tell me faggggot, what the hell does that mean? i put two and two together and presume that top would mean the man boning the anus while bottom means the man who gives up his anus to be bonned. that day, i was bewildered in disgust. Now u come here to say its not about fcking? mtshewwwwwwww

nansense
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by MRSANITY(m): 11:55am On Dec 12, 2013
firstEVA: Mr. gay, pls tell us, what is being gay about? u are attracted to a man like you for what purpose? I stumbled into a page on face book called nigeria gay or something like that, see men dropping their numbers saying, i am bottom from onitsha, i am top from ph, everything bottom and top, now tell me faggggot, what the hell does that mean? i put two and two together and presume that top would mean the man boning the anus while bottom means the man who gives up his anus to be bonned. that day, i was bewildered in disgust. Now u come here to say its not about fcking? mtshewwwwwwww

nansense
My dear don't mind that thing, he's suffering from gay cancer which has affected his reasoning faculty.

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
firstEVA: Mr. gay, pls tell us, what is being gay about? u are attracted to a man like you for what purpose? I stumbled into a page on face book called nigeria gay or something like that, see men dropping their numbers saying, i am bottom from onitsha, i am top from ph, everything bottom and top, now tell me faggggot, what the hell does that mean? i put two and two together and presume that top would mean the man boning the anus while bottom means the man who gives up his anus to be bonned. that day, i was bewildered in disgust. Now u come here to say its not about fcking? mtshewwwwwwww

nansense

Same way there are groups on Facebook and even NL with heterosexual people looking for sex and dropping their numbers, same way it is for gay people, and even more so for the very young gay teens who just discovered that there are actually people like them out there. If you look closer, you'd see that majority of people there are still in their teens.

And if you check further, you'd see more groups of intellectual gay people looking to partner for either business reasons, school reasons, projects etc... Same way it is for heterosexual people. Each to his/her own.

smiley
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
masonkz:

Same way there are groups on Facebook and even NL with heterosexual people looking for sex and dropping their numbers, same way it is for gay people, and even more so for the very young gay teens who just discovered that there are actually people like them out there. If you look closer, you'd see that majority of people there are still in their teens.

And if you check further, you'd see more groups of intellectual gay people looking to partner for either business reasons, school reasons, projects etc... Same way it is for heterosexual people. Each to his/her own.

smiley
Did you say intellectual gay people? You are kidding right?
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by dinachi(m): 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
Homosexuals always thinx they got an opinion! Shitty people!
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2013
firstEVA: Did you say intellectual gay people? You are kidding right?

No, I'm not. they abound in all spheres of the society. You just don't know them....yet.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Anvaller: 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
masonkz:

smiley

A gay person will look for another gay person to partner for business, school and no anus fuck1ng will be involved? What a "ridiculousness", a-far-from-the-fact claim. The more u guys try to make ur act look like a natural phenomenon, the more ridiculous it gets. There have been more and more gay renunciations these days. u wanna deny that?

U have been wired to misunderstand ur own internal workings. Do u know that in spite of death penalty on rape in india, several thousands of Indian men can't help but rape? The question is why do they kill them? What if they were born that way? These guys knew that the penalty of their action is death and they still can't help but do it, in that case, it must be that they were born that way right?

The only thing that separates gay orientation from other abnormal sexual orientation such as pedophilia, bestiality etc is because of the argument that it involves 2 consenting adults, not because it is normal but the "born this way claim" crept in later when the gay activist realized that the 1st argument wasn't strong enough to make a case for gay acceptance.

The question is this, why is the same western world that is making a case for 2 consenting homosexual adults consider sexual practice for 3 consenting heterosexual adult not only as abnormal but illegal? They wont allow marriage between me and 2 women that we all love each other so dearly, even if we do it in secret, they wil put us in jail. But they will gladly allow 2 sexually incompatible beings to marry each other. White ppl are sick in the brain with their laws just like everybody else but they want to make us believe that their thinking is perfect and dumbasses are falling for it.

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by elampiro(m): 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down
BY DAN WHITCOMB.

LOS ANGELES Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:28pm EST

(Reuters) - A massive cross that serves as part of a war memorial on a San Diego hilltop must be dismantled because it has been found to violate a constitutional ban on government endorsement of religion, a federal judge grudgingly ruled on Thursday.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Larry Burns marks the latest development in a long-running legal battle over the 43-foot-tall cross, a local landmark that has stood on top of Mount Soledad since 1954 and is visible for miles.

Burns stayed his order to give the Obama administration and the association that erected the cross, which have fought its removal all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, a chance to file another appeal. Otherwise, he said, the monument must be taken down within 90 days.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/13/us-usa-california-cross-idUSBRE9BC02Q20131213?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

No tolerance for Christianity. Every thing christian is been taken down and dismantled while gay pride, gay parades, etc are encouraged and christians forced to tolerate their evil ways. Whose right is actually being violated?

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by dinachi(m): 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
elampiro: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down
BY DAN WHITCOMB.

LOS ANGELES Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:28pm EST

(Reuters) - A massive cross that serves as part of a war memorial on a San Diego hilltop must be dismantled because it has been found to violate a constitutional ban on government endorsement of religion, a federal judge grudgingly ruled on Thursday.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Larry Burns marks the latest development in a long-running legal battle over the 43-foot-tall cross, a local landmark that has stood on top of Mount Soledad since 1954 and is visible for miles.

Burns stayed his order to give the Obama administration and the association that erected the cross, which have fought its removal all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, a chance to file another appeal. Otherwise, he said, the monument must be taken down within 90 days.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/13/us-usa-california-cross-idUSBRE9BC02Q20131213?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

No tolerance for Christianity. Every thing christian is been taken down and dismantled while gay pride, gay parades, etc are encouraged and christians forced to tolerate their evil ways. Whose right is actually being violated?
Thanks for sharing
Thank God some people are beginning to understand the satanic agenda.
That is why I marvel at those who call themself Christians and yet support homosexuals.

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by brethart: 9:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
So much hate In the city.... Yet they say we believe in God and we live in God's way... Then they end it with God is love...... Then they say we live according to the teachings of the Bible and the Bible said don't judge....... And I ask where is the hate coming from and why judge me....am lost..... . #stranger in Moscow..... embarassed embarassed........
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by elampiro(m): 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
bret hart: So much hate In the city.... Yet they say we believe in God and we live in God's way... Then they end it with God is love...... Then they say we live according to the teachings of the Bible and the Bible said don't judge....... And I ask where is the hate coming from and why judge me....am lost..... . #stranger in Moscow..... embarassed embarassed........

The bible never said we should aid sins. Homosexuality is a serious sin and a direct rebellion against God. You cannot for instance allow a friend to sleep with a girl in your car all in the name of love for them. God's commandment first.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Anvaller:

A gay person will look for another gay person to partner for business, school and no anus fuck1ng will be involved? What a "ridiculousness", a-far-from-the-fact claim. The more u guys try to make ur act look like a natural phenomenon, the more ridiculous it gets. There have been more and more gay renunciations these days. u wanna deny that?

U have been wired to misunderstand ur own internal workings. Do u know that in spite of death penalty on rape in india, several thousands of Indian men can't help but rape? The question is why do they kill them? What if they were born that way? These guys knew that the penalty of their action is death and they still can't help but do it, in that case, it must be that they were born that way right?

The only thing that separates gay orientation from other abnormal sexual orientation such as pedophilia, bestiality etc is because of the argument that it involves 2 consenting adults, not because it is normal but the "born this way claim" crept in later when the gay activist realized that the 1st argument wasn't strong enough to make a case for gay acceptance.

At the emboldened, goes to show you have no idea the social lives of gay people or how they interact with each other. Thinking the only thing we look out for is sex. I laugh. To start with, every gay guy is not attracted to every other gay person, no matter how attractive the person may be. And just like heterosexuals, gay men and women have preferences in terms of who they want to be with. I wouldn't argue with you further on that. And yes, no fucking will be involved when discussing other stuffs. We do have a life, Being gay is just a minute part of it.

As to the other part of your post, well, you've said it: Consenting adults. If your numerous wives to be also agree to marry you on a polygamous basis, then let the women kick off the fight. Not just the men. I'm sure their voices will be heard. smiley
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by brethart: 11:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
elampiro:

The bible never said we should aid sins. Homosexuality is a serious sin and a direct rebellion against God. You cannot for instance allow a friend to sleep with a girl in your car all in the name of love for them. God's commandment first.
You definitely forgot that part of the Bible which said something like if u are sinless cast the first stone........
Btw...... What part of the Bible classifies a sin as serious / unserious sin..... Or direct/indirect rebellion against God...
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by beryl04(m): 12:20am On Dec 14, 2013
elampiro:

Gods words- judge not so u'll not be judged.
-the battle is d Lord's- so why are u disturbing yourself and and trying to act God by lynching and maiming homosexuals?
-my ways are higher than ur ways- don't you think there's a reason why he created homosexuals cos His ways cannot be fathomed by mere earthlings like u?
God even said that those that think they're wise will be confounded at their own foolishness.
Bottomline-stop playing God by your holier than thou attitude towards gays cos u can never search and understand the mind and the workings of God.just serve Him d best way u know and had been taught. He works in mysterious ways, remember! .save yourself first,run your own race and stop being the pharisees and the saducees of our time.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Amhappy(f): 1:48am On Dec 14, 2013
It is generally argued that homosexuality does not affect us directly. But this case shows that it does affect all of us and the right to adoption given to gay couple will haunt the world even more in years to come. @ post In as much as the baker respectfully denied them his services,the judgement is flawed and should be appealed. The baker have his rights too. And lastly we should look for a solution to gay problem,as attack will not solve this problem. Just like madness,rehabilitation will help. Dinachi pls look into the later part of my comment. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by dinachi(m): 4:33am On Dec 14, 2013
beryl04:

-the battle is d Lord's- so why are u disturbing yourself and and trying to act God by lynching and maiming homosexuals?
-my ways are higher than ur ways- don't you think there's a reason why he created homosexuals cos His ways cannot be fathomed by mere earthlings like u?
God even said that those that think they're wise will be confounded at their own foolishness.
Bottomline-stop playing God by your holier than thou attitude towards gays cos u can never search and understand the mind and the workings of God.just serve Him d best way u know and had been taught. He works in mysterious ways, remember! .save yourself first,run your own race and stop being the pharisees and the saducees of our time.
Not again! You? gay man? talking about divine judgement? My dear you are judged already!
Gods word is very clear. You don not have the right to judge but you have the right to correct . It says correct a brother who is taken with sin.
It is the word of God that judges. When we quote scriptures condemning homosexuality, we are not judging you, the word is judging you!
Jesus set the woman caught in adultery free but with a very clear warning " Go and Sin no More" That message is very apt to all the homosexuals in the house. The time has come to stop passing the buck. Take the bull by the horn and stop this insanity! Love does not mean condoning sin. Someone who truly loves you will correct you when you are wrong!
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by elampiro(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2013
bret hart:
You definitely forgot that part of the Bible which said something like if u are sinless cast the first stone........
Btw...... What part of the Bible classifies a sin as serious / unserious sin..... Or direct/indirect rebellion against God...

The bible did not ask us to encourage sins. Somebody cannot come to me and proud himself as a fornicator and request to use my apartment to sleep with a girl. That is not how to love a neigbor, by aiding them to offend God.

Secondly, all sins are not the same.

1 John 5:16-18

New International Version (NIV)

16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that. 17 All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death.

18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by elampiro(m): 9:44am On Dec 14, 2013
beryl04:

Go said we should go and preach His Word to the world. You can partake in sins in many ways. By silence, by compromise, by encouragement, etc. God will judge us both on our actions and inaction. We are light and salt of the earth, if we bury our light and lose our taste, with what will the world be salted? You cannot as a christian bury your talent or compromise your faith.

Saying you are a gay is a mockery of God's laws. You are boasting about your sins without remorse. Marrying as a gay is like saying you have told God "...I will never repent of this sin" is like saying your are a sworn fornicator who have decided to live and die a fornicator without ever going to mary a woman. You boast of your fornication with several women and you ask the church and Christians to approve your life style and never to preach about it. And gayism is far more a worse sin. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Forget about the new age teaching about some evil church leaders that we should not preach against homosexuality and abortion. It is from the pit of hell and a part of agenda for a one world religion.

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by beryl04(m): 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
elampiro:

Go said we should go and preach His Word to the world. You can partake in sins in many ways. By silence, by compromise, by encouragement, etc. God will judge us both on our actions and inaction. We are light and salt of the earth, if we bury our light and lose our taste, with what will the world be salted? You cannot as a christian bury your talent or compromise your faith.

Saying you are a gay is a mockery of God's laws. You are boasting about your sins without remorse. Marrying as a gay is like saying you have told God "...I will never repent of this sin" is like saying your are a sworn fornicator who have decided to live and die a fornicator without ever going to mary a woman. You boast of your fornication with several women and you ask the church and Christians to approve your life style and never to preach about it. And gayism is far more a worse sin. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Forget about the new age teaching about some evil church leaders that we should not preach against homosexuality and abortion. It is from the pit of hell and a part of agenda for a one world religion.

Well,in that case stick to your NiV and KJV while I hold on to my QJV.its a whole new world baby ,this is not 1813.
Capisce!
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by beryl04(m): 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
GSKing where are you? It's been days now. hope your well.

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by elampiro(m): 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
beryl04:

Well,in that case stick to your NiV and KJV while I hold on to my QJV.its a whole new world baby ,this is not 1813.
Capisce!

What is qjv? If you want to follow anything other than the bible the apostles passed on, then look for people who are ready to tow your line. Why forcing a traditional christian to join you in your ways when obviously the beliefs are in contradiction?
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 14, 2013
beryl04:

Capisce!
I just learnt that from a research conducted, homosexuality and madness are in the same group, hmmmm, that explains a lot.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
elampiro:

What is qjv? If you want to follow anything other than the bible the apostles passed on, then look for people who are ready to tow your line. Why forcing a traditional christian to join you in your ways when obviously the beliefs are in contradiction?
QJV is queen James version, its the bible re written by homosexuals. There,everywhere homosexuality is condemned is eliminated.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by beryl04(m): 11:08pm On Dec 14, 2013
^^^ u lot don't ever give up Kwa? I tire for una Africans oo!whoever told u u can change a homosexual person by all this your 12th century epistle.u people are having d jokes on yourselves as ur ignorance stinks to high heavens.its hi-time u guys wake up and smell the coffee ,this is 2013 not d medieval times.what da fuq is wrong with nigerians?smh
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by elampiro(m): 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
firstEVA: QJV is queen James version, its the bible re written by homosexuals. There,everywhere homosexuality is condemned is eliminated.

Thanks dear.

That is obviously the Satan version of the bible. End time things.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by dinachi(m): 1:42am On Dec 15, 2013
beryl04: ^^^ u lot don't ever give up Kwa? I tire for una Africans oo!whoever told u u can change a homosexual person by all this your 12th century epistle.u people are having d jokes on yourselves as ur ignorance stinks to high heavens.its hi-time u guys wake up and smell the coffee ,this is 2013 not d medieval times.what da fuq is wrong with nigerians?smh
There are clear irrefutable evidence that many people successfully changed their homosexual lifestyle . Even the former president of American Psychological Association (APA) Nicholas Cummings says that he knows of hundreds of homosexuals who successfully changed after treatment by him! See the link here http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former-apa-president-i-know-of-hundreds-of-homosexuals-who-changed-their-or. So those of you that claim you were born with it and cannot change are very wrong! That is what makes most of you homosexuals mad: the proof that your life style is CHANGEABLE. You are a lost bunch!
I will show you other links of those who successfully rejected the depraved lifestyle and in each scenario, homosexual bigots like you refused to believe their change and send them hate messages! See here http://m.christianpost.com/news/former-gay-activist-marries-woman-addresses-critics-who-condemn-his-new-heterosexual-lifestyle--110736/cpf
So mr homosexual change your ways their is no excuse before the lord.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Anvaller: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
masonkz:

At the emboldened, goes to show you have no idea the social lives of gay people or how they interact with each other. Thinking the only thing we look out for is sex. I laugh. To start with, every gay guy is not attracted to every other gay person, no matter how attractive the person may be. And just like heterosexuals, gay men and women have preferences in terms of who they want to be with. I wouldn't argue with you further on that. And yes, no fucking will be involved when discussing other stuffs. We do have a life, Being gay is just a minute part of it.

As to the other part of your post, well, you've said it: Consenting adults. If your numerous wives to be also agree to marry you on a polygamous basis, then let the women kick off the fight. Not just the men. I'm sure their voices will be heard. smiley

Look dude, there is nothing u wanna tell me about the behavioral pattern of gays that I don't know. I lived in one of the cities ever ranked as the gay capital of the world for over 5 years (Amsterdam) and I am the outgoing type, I ,meet and converse with ppl. I have had gay friends and I still have. As a very social person, I have been to controversial places across places. So I am not just raising objections over the fence without knowing anything at the other side.

So u said being gay is just a minute part of ur life, that means it is not so important, why then do u guys always want to shove it down our throats? u are not facing fact. Ur sexual life isn't just a minute part of ur life, it is ur life. if it was, u wont be spending so much time discussing it with ppl that seem not to agree with u. Ur sexual life is important to u just like it its very important to straight ppl too. The thing is just that ur sexual life is gay. Stop edging out facts in order to make some points.

And I am not telling u to not live ur life, but stop infringing on our own rights. Stop messing up our social structure, create ur own social structure and no one will have issues. Imagine if u guys have defined ur own type of union differently like give it ur own terminology e.g (homotrimony: the state of being in conjugal relationship involving partners of the same sex, just like matrimony in man and woman conjugal relationship), no one would have had issues but the moment u insist that it must be called marriage, that is where the problem is right there. If u call urselves gays and lesbians, why do u want ur union to be the same as marriage?

Although I know why u insist it must be marriage, cos u want to have all the right stipulated in marriage laws. Most importantly the right to have children. Children that u can not produce, not because u are sterile but because of ur abnormal sexual orientation. And oh yea, u always want to insist that ur sexual orientation is "normal", why then cant u guys go ahead and have children "normally"? Why do u have to have children through the most "abnormal" situations of which in most cases, the child ends up denied their biological father and mother and raised under a confusing parenthood.

Like u have said, we can't continue with this argument, there can never be a converging point. And the straight ppl that converge with ur point are in most cases only being politically correct just as I have been politically correct to my lesbians/gay friends. I only agree to their right to live their lives. Just like smokers, alcholoics, prostitutes etc have the right to live their lives. It doesnt mean the lifestyle they chose is right.

Cheers.
P.S I don't hate u dude, I probably will shake u and have a drink with u in real life and wouldn't even want to discuss ur sexual orientation in order not to hurt u with my opinion. But here is a faceless forum, where we can be real with each other. No political correctness.

3 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by GSKing: 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
beryl04: GSKing where are you? It's been days now. hope your well.
I'm here and fine, thanks for asking... hope all is well with you too?
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by sowprice(m): 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2013
wats d reason of bein a gay4God sake.sme pipul ae relly aut of dia mind.wats d pleasure or gud reason behind it dt will help human life if nt 2 satisfy ur develish desire .end tym tinzz(sodom an gomorah is bak again)may God help us
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by beryl04(m): 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
GSKing:
I'm here and fine, thanks for asking... hope all is well with you too?

Am good dear.wishing u a happy holiday o Jare!have a good one

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 22, 2013
Seun: There was a time when living as a black American was very inconvenient because most places of business would refuse to serve black people. Can you imagine going to a restaurant with your white friends only to be told that they "don't serve your type here?" Or a petrol station? Or to not be allowed to attend a good school even though your academics are strong? That's what America was like before the laws that convicted this man were created. It does a lot of damage to members of minority groups if people are allowed to refuse to do business with "their type".

Oga Seun, I hate to break it to you, but in my eyes the rights of gays vs the rights of black isn't and shouldn't be compared. Simply put, a black is black even before the reproductive cells of his parents meet. Why? Because being black is genetically inherited from a parent.

We haven't yet established a gay gene, or a specific time in a fetus or embryo's life that it becomes gay. Simply put, we are told, that they are born that way. Even then, it takes time, whether at 3 yrs or 103 years to realize that one is gay.

I am not trying to insult any gay person, but your gayness is not the same as someone's blackness. Being black isn't something that is accepted after a period of self-reflection, or a behaviour that was noticed since childhood. A black person was black from the moment your parents met on that fateful day of your conception. Just like how you are asian the moment an asian's parents met up to, and so on and so forth.

So fighting for black civil rights was a matter of I can't decide who my parents are, I am who I am, even before I came to be. Gay rights are more like, at a certain point in time I decided to follow the urge I have within me to be in love with someone of my same sex, my parents have nothing to do with it (because I may have straight siblings), I will be who I decide to be. Race = Parent's genetics Sexual Orientation = self-determination.

Now, the owner has a choice to decide between money and beliefs. Beliefs that are, honestly, still debatable. Whereas, in a pre-civil rights era business, the owner had a choice to decide between money and beliefs. Beliefs that can never be debated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name / Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl / Couples Attending Different Churches,is It Wise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.