Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,004 members, 7,810,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple (13881 Views)

Gay Couple Wins Custody Battle Over Surrogate Mother, Jubilation In Hell. / Gay Couple Gives Birth To A Healthy Boy / Man Bashes Wife For Refusing To Teach Him How To Use Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Rexphobia(m): 5:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
lemme read it again
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by DonaldGenes(m): 5:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
That's good- I support the Baker jor

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Kairoseki77: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
dinachi: Why are they discriminating against him because of his beliefs? This just shows that the homosexuals are the bigots here. They adopt an attitude of if you don't agree with us we make your life miserable. But when they come to undefeated territory like Nigeria, they talk about hate and discrimination. Right now in their conquered territory, they discriminate against people because of their own beliefs. HYPOCRITES!

B
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by POPEII: 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
A true Christian warrior, proud of what you did bro, don't mind your punishment on earth, God will reward you for this good work

4 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by manny4life(m): 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2013
Discrimination against sexuality is a "HATE CRIME".

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 10, 2013
Seniourman get a life undecided

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Tjesctacy(m): 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
I don't think d baker is wrong for refusing to offer his service at his own perception of what is wrong, in as much as it is not an obligation dat compulsorily U̶̲̥̅̊ must answer all customers...

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by DonaldGenes(m): 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
Seun: There was a time when living as a black American was very inconvenient because most places of business would refuse to serve black people. Can you imagine going to a restaurant with your white friends only to be told that they "don't serve your type here?" Or a petrol station? Or to not be allowed to attend a good school even though your academics are strong? That's what America was like before the laws that convicted this man were created. It does a lot of damage to members of minority groups if people are allowed to refuse to do business with "their type".

I don't seem to drive home your point- I struggled to get it but can't
Can you tell me which side of the coin are you in? The Baker or the State?
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Anvaller: 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2013
Seun: There was a time when living as a black American was very inconvenient because most places of business would refuse to serve black people. Can you imagine going to a restaurant with your white friends only to be told that they "don't serve your type here?" Or a petrol station? Or to not be allowed to attend a good school even though your academics are strong? That's what America was like before the laws that convicted this man were created. It does a lot of damage to members of minority groups if people are allowed to refuse to do business with "their type".

beryl04:

Thanks so much for pointing that out b4 the squad decends with their holier than thou comments.
I almost cried d day I went to a club with my white friends in Johannesburg only to be told by the bouncers'sorry we don't allow nigerians and besides u don't look gay enuf' now how does that sound.I cudnt do anything cos I was a foreigner and to think that can happen in Africa and in a gay club makes the whole thing somehow unbearable.trust me,d next day I went to the management of d club and raised some dust.
Nobody should be discriminated against based on skin color,nationality or even sexual orientation cos when u got the license to operate the business ,u uphold to serve the public not to prejudice on some sections.

U guys are just joining the white folk's band wagon with the way u are reasoning, its a shame that they think for u and u don't even know it. The white folks have hijacked the black ppl's struggle, equate it with gay struggles and u sank it in like u are not even thinking. Is it not ridiculous that every time they want to defend gay ppl they start to talk about blackness as if the black struggle has the same moral, historical, and political background as gay struggles.

I am not saying u shouldn't defend gay interests if u want but try to think deeper than what the white folks subliminally filter through ur consciousness. No one can equate my race, my skin color, my struggle to gayness, stop this BS. I don't need to convince anyone that I am black, u will see it. My race is not an orientation, its a race unquestionably who I am. Not the same thing with gays or is it?

And to u who said u were not allowed into a gay club, whats ur business in a gay club if u are not gay, did u not know it was a gay club? For ur information, I used to attend parties that are strictly for black guys and white girls, would a white guy scream discrimination if he was bounced at the club gate? Its common sense here. And if they said they don't allow Nigerians, there's probably was a case on it, have u found out?

16 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by grandstar(m): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2013
The topic is a very complex one. Will you bake a wedding cake for a 60yr old man and his 13yr bride if such marraige was legal?I dont support homosexuality but i am not homophobic. my good friend is bi.If u went 2 jail for refusing will it b alright?
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by DonaldGenes(m): 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
manny4life: Discrimination against sexuality is a "HATE CRIME".
May I remind you that being gay is devilish, never let anyone tell you otherwise, How can someone be proud to be gay? If something is wrong, it is absolutely wrong..The Bible clearly states that out

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by VirginFinder: 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2013
Seun: There was a time when living as a black American was very inconvenient because most places of business would refuse to serve black people. Can you imagine going to a restaurant with your white friends only to be told that they "don't serve your type here?" Or a petrol station? Or to not be allowed to attend a good school even though your academics are strong? That's what America was like before the laws that convicted this man were created. It does a lot of damage to members of minority

Seun!!!

I am disappointed in you!

Gay people are mad!

Can you do business with a mad person?

Do you allow all forms of ads on Nairaland?

OMG!

6 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Egbagirl(f): 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
Anvaller:

U guys are just joining the white folk's band wagon with the way u are reasoning, its a shame that they think for u and u don't even know it. The white folks have hijacked the black ppl's struggle, equate it with gay struggles and u sank it in like u are not even thinking. Is it not ridiculous that every time they want to defend gay ppl they start to talk about blackness as if the black struggle has the same moral, historical, and political background as gay struggles.

I am not saying u shouldn't defend gay interests if u want but try to think deeper than what the white folks subliminally filter through ur consciousness. No one can equate my race, my skin color, my struggle to gayness, stop this BS. I don't need to convince anyone that I am black, u will see it. My race is not an orientation, its a race unquestionably who I am. Not the same thing with gays or is it?

And to u who said u were not allowed into a gay club, whats ur business in a gay club if u are not gay, did u not know it was a gay club? For ur information, I used to attend parties that are strictly for black guys and white girls, would a white guy scream discrimination if he was bounced at the club gate? Its common sense here. And if they said they don't allow Nigerians, there's probably was a case on it, have u found out?

Hmmmm.. Interesting.
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Egbagirl(f): 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
Donalð Genes:
May I remind you that being gay is devilish, never let anyone tell you otherwise, How can someone be proud to be gay? If something is wrong, it is absolutely wrong..The Bible clearly states that out

But in a society where everyone does not believe in the Bible, what do you do?
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by POPEII: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2013
Who is that slowpoke who dare compare fagotry with racism? Can u hide your Africaness ? Can you hide your blackness? Did you ever choose to b black or African? Olodo

5 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by manny4life(m): 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
Donalð Genes:

Mr, don't hate the player but the game. Even the same Bible condemns murmur and said that the sin of murmuring is like the sin of witchcraft. So please, save me the sermon.

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by DonaldGenes(m): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2013
Anvaller:

You dey mind 'em...let them keep being gay, Judgement day will judge them...they will be answerable to God Anyway..let them keep arguing blindly.. I keep wondering whether this gay people really sit down and reason well? I mean, 'Were their parent gay when giving birth to them?

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by DonaldGenes(m): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
manny4life:

Mr, don't hate the player but the game. Even the same Bible condemns murmur and said that the sin of murmuring is like the sin of witchcraft. So please, save me the sermon.

Mr Man, I don't hate gay people, i hate their lifestyle not the individual, i hate the fact that they are going against God's law..If i see wrong, i try not to suprress it. All i am saying is tell them it is wrong to be gay according to what the Bible said...have you forgotten sodom and Gormorrah?
Lets face the truth if we wanna help the gay people come out of their wrong ways...NOTE# am Not Judging them but telling them what God said or except you wanna tell me your father and his gay partner gave birth to you right?

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by LiberateAfrica: 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2013
These gays are the most prejudiced humans on earth.So just because someone doesn't like a d@*k in their mouth they are homophobic?We all have a right to refuse your nasty lifestyle just thesame way you feel you have a right to practice it.That's why I feel no sympathy for these people.As for that confused man juxtaposing race and fetish practices,I think you need help.You can't force me to bake a cake for you if my business is founded on religious beliefs.That's very wrong!!Go tell an arab man this crap and watch him give you hell.Don't force this crap onn africans.You want to be a butt plug,travel abroad.

7 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2013
To say the truth, i think dey're doing the same thing they're accusing the poor baker of doing!

If he doesn't bliv in baking for poor pple,it's his right to bliv anything he blivs in and he shouldn't be queried for that! It wld be a different case if he started hurting these people in one way or the other but politely declining to bake their cake is not something anybody should blame him for. My one cents!

3 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by pmc01(m): 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
You don't choose to ba black or not, while it's your choice to be Gay. They are just not the same.

Being gay is a crime against humanity, I make bold to say that.

I don't want to hear that rubbish about it been genetical. Armed robbers can also claim the crime is in their genes.

Being gay is criminal... Simple!

4 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Qsscruz(m): 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hate the sin and not the sinner..
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by VirginFinder: 6:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
Egba girl:

I'll tell them to "GO AND DIE" if they remain adamant.

1 Like

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by DonaldGenes(m): 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2013
Egba girl:

It is simple, Those who believe in the Bible should try as much to tell those who don't by showing good example to them, tell them cos they don't know- and if they refused to believe, then you simple dust off your shoes and move on to another..not everyone will make it to heaven anyway- It is simple as ABC.....

2 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Anvaller: 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ok Let's put things into perspective. In Canada for example, if u want to get a job or let's say rent a house, u'd see the landlords openly stating, "we rent our house only to Filipinos, Indians" or "only women are considered". But u don't see Nigerian or American shouting discrimination cos a landlord won't rent his house to him based on his Nationality. U go elsewhere and move on, its part of life, u can't cry over every little thing, most especially when u have options. But I bet the whole of Canada would go ablaze if a landlord dared openly advertise a house or a room and stating that only straight ppl are allowed.

It is just total BS that every little thing that happens to gay ppl becomes a big issue. As if they are special kind of human being, they even get more protection than physically handicapped ppl, why? A guy didn't bake cake for u, go elsewhere. They compare them to black ppl and yet they don't give half the protection to black ppl who are actually suffering real time discrimination. Unfortunately, the blacks themselves are falling for it.

In our eyes we are seeing gays having more right than blacks yet the black ppl whose pain the agenda used as a tool to liberate the gay ppl are still on the same spot. Aint we thinking? majority of out of the closet gays are white, of course their interest is more important than the black race.

9 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Tonniey(m): 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
Seun:
This type of discriminatory "beliefs" should not be tolerated. And frankly, there's nothing in the bible that says you shouldn't bake cakes for gays. Jesus allowed a prostitute to anoint him with oil, and he broke bread with a corrupt tax collector. How can baking cakes for gays be a sin? If Jesus was a baker and not a carpenter, I think he would have baked delicious cakes for gay people and used the opportunity to preach to them.

I don't believe that such an offense should attract jail term; it may be more appropriate to take away his business license for a few months.
You must b high on some weeds. Nigeria does nt support gay, take or leave it. Are u a learner?

3 Likes

Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by gistmelove(m): 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
THE WORLD LARGEST GAY MASS WEDDING HOLD IN BRASIL SEE PICS HERE https://www.nairaland.com/1550561/photo-world-largest-homos-xual
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
Anvaller:

Must he spell it out that he's gay?? Isn't that obvious enough from that comment?

Congrats to the couple for winning this. Even Jesus wouldn't discriminate against anyone. So enough with the religious belief brouhaha.

One down. We'll get there. cool
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 10, 2013
pmc01: You don't choose to ba black or not, while it's your choice to be Gay. They are just not the same.

Being gay is a crime against humanity, I make bold to say that.

I don't want to hear that rubbish about it been genetical. Armed robbers can also claim the crime is in their genes.

Being gay is criminal... Simple!

Did we steal your pot of soup? undecided
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Egbagirl(f): 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2013
masonkz:

Must he spell it out that he's gay?? Isn't that obvious enough?

Congrats to the couple for winning this. Even Jesus wouldn't discriminate against anyone. So enough with the religious belief brouhaha.

One down. We'll get there. cool

How do you tell that someone is gay? undecided
Re: Baker Faces Jail For Refusing To Bake Cake For Gay Couple by Originalsly: 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
I agree with the State. Once the baker opened his door to the public....then he can't pick and choose who to bake for and who not to bake for... that right has automatically been given up. Is this not the same as Blacks not being allowed in a restaurant because the owner doesn't like Blacks? ...or a taxi driver not picking up Blacks? ....or someone not given a job because of his religion...or tribe? Is this not the type of thing Mandela fought against...discrimination? ...or are we now burying Mandela as well as all that he stood for? I mourn for Mandela and now I have to mourn for the blind among us.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are Your Views On Divorce? / Best Technique For Dealing With A Nagging Wife/Partner? / Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.