Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,555 members, 7,850,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:35 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (2361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3812868 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2358) (2359) (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) ... (3857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
MJBOLT:
at least 90% of horror movies released in the last 5 years have been lackluster.

I think part of the problem is that people are a lot more difficult to scare than before.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
DieRich5:
Jaden Smith coming back to movie industry

Chia!
This is too harsh nah
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
Gmajor:

Chia!
This is too harsh nah
I swear......... dem just murder d guy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
Tenet
Tenet is a 2020 movie that was written, directed and produced by Christopher Nolan starring Denzel Washington’s son and a bunch of other actors. It is basically a James Bond-esque spy thriller with a dash of time manipulation and travel.
Things I liked about he movie.
1. The movie was[b]beautifully shot[/b] and contains a lot of eye candy in the form of exciting practical effects, beautiful locations, impressive cinematography, people and items moving backwards in time, people who are moving forward in time fighting people who are moving backwards in time, building getting destroyed, automatically reassembled and then getting destroyed immediately, and the list goes on and on.
2. The movie tries to explain how time works in this universe in a bunch of exposition dumps very early on in the movie and I really appreciate this. There are some time travel movie such as Primer that try their best to confuse you without even bothering to give any explanation that would be easily understood.
3. The acting was good, though not exceptional which is basically par for the course in movies like this.
4. The movie is quiet long at almost 2 hours 30 minutes, but it doesn’t get so boring that it becomes a chore to watch.
Things I didn’t like
1. Characters and character motivation: the characters in this movie are paper thing at best. At the end of the movie you won’t know much about almost all the characters in the movie. The protagonist is the worst cuprite in this sense. For crying out loud, he is the main character so we should at least get to know him. But no. we literally know nothing about him, not even his name. The same goes for most of the supporting cast. The tall blond lady is the most fleshed out character in the movie but that isn’t saying much.
It is very difficult to connect with characters in this movie or even care about them because you latterly know nothing about them.
Again, the character motivation in this movie is super vague.
What and who is the protagonist fighting for and what does he stand for?
Why does the main character care about the blond woman and her kid so much that he is willing to jeopardize his mission? I suspect that they wanted to go the romance angle between the main character and the blond lady, but they fully couldn’t commit to path.
2. The first act was quite confusing in spite of the many exposition dumps in the movie and I had a hard time figuring out what was happening
3. The last act of this movie was paradoxically impressive, confusing and boring at the same time. On the one hand, the visual spectacle that is going on was quite impressive and exciting and on the other hand, I was extremely confused.
Who is shooting who?
Where are the bad guys?
Why did the good guys come with close to 100 soldiers?
WHAT THE FU#K IS HAPPENING?

In conclusion, this movie is needlessly complicated and unsatisfying. IMO this is one of the weakest attempt from this director, however, it’s one of those movies where you may likely appreciate it more on repeat viewing.

I’ll be rating it 5/10. Hopeful, my rating of this movie will increase when I’ve watched the movie again.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2020
Gmajor:
Tenet
Tenet is a 2020 movie that was written, directed and produced by Christopher Nolan starring Denzel Washington’s son and a bunch of other actors. It is basically a James Bond-esque spy thriller with a dash of time manipulation and travel.
1. The movie was[b]beautifully shot[/b] and contains a lot of eye candy in the form of exciting practical effects, beautiful locations, impressive cinematography, people and items moving backwards in time, people who are moving forward in time fighting people who are moving backwards in time, building getting destroyed, automatically reassembled and then getting destroyed immediately, and the list goes on and on.
2. The movie tries to explain how time works in this universe in a bunch of exposition dumps very early on in the movie and I really appreciate this. There are some time travel movie such as Primer that try their best to confuse you without even bothering to give any explanation that would be easily understood.
3. The acting was good, though not exceptional which is basically par for the course in movies like this.
4. The movie is quiet long at almost 2 hours 30 minutes, but it doesn’t get so boring that it becomes a chore to watch.
Things I didn’t like
1. Characters and character motivation: the characters in this movie are paper thing at best. At the end of the movie you won’t know much about almost all the characters in the movie. The protagonist is the worst cuprite in this sense. For crying out loud, he is the main character so we should at least get to know him. But no. we literally know nothing about him, not even his name. The same goes for most of the supporting cast. The tall blond lady is the most fleshed out character in the movie but that isn’t saying much.
It is very difficult to connect with characters in this movie or even care about them because you latterly know nothing about them.
Why does the main character care about the blond woman and her kid so much that he is willing to jeopardize his mission? I suspect that they wanted to go the romance angle between the main character and the blond lady, but they fully couldn’t commit to path.
2. The first act was quite confusing in spite of the many exposition dumps in the movie and I had a hard time figuring out what was happening
3. The last act of this movie was paradoxically impressive, confusing and boring at the same time. On the one hand, the visual spectacle that is going on was quite impressive and exciting and on the other hand, I was extremely confused.
Who is shooting who?
Where are the bad guys?

In conclusion, this movie is needlessly complicated and unsatisfying. IMO this is one of the weakest attempt from this director, however, it’s one of those movies where you may likely appreciate it more on repeat viewing.

I’ll be rating it 5/10. Hopeful, my rating of this movie will increase when I’ve watched the movie again.
all u need to kn abt Tenet is here
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
During the last act, the soldiers going back in time were fighting their fellow soldiers going forward in time to simulate the conditions necessary for the main mission to be accomplished.

I am still looking for spare time to rewatch that mess of a movie.

Gmajor:
Tenet
Things I didn’t like
Who is shooting who?
Where are the bad guys?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
alexistaiwo:
During the last act, the soldiers going back in time were fighting their fellow soldiers going forward in time to simulate the conditions necessary for the main mission to be accomplished.

I don't think so.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stonemind(f): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Gmajor:
Tenet
Things I didn’t like
Who is shooting who?
Where are the bad guys?

even the director of the movie himself was confused. my rating still stands. 2/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by newguy1(m): 3:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
alexistaiwo:

okay I think I will take this as the explanation for the last fight scene for now, because I was asking the question too that who are they fighting or shooting at .there a lots of scene n moves in tenet that are let me just say not believable even with the time travel. like how Robertson the guy that was on the reverse team quickly went into d building to reverse time to join the blue team when they actually started the last mission together, if that was possible he should have met himself in the real time there.... anyway I also have it in mind to rewatch n try n piece more together but I think I willl b seeing more mistake than actual real answers...I really like this movie nevertheless

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sod09(m): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
please who have link for rogue city
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2020
Rewatch the scene where the troop leader was briefing the troops again. He explained why the blue team were being separated from the red team and why they can't have any contact with each other before the mission begins.

The aim of the mission was to get into the dead zone unseen.
Gmajor:

I don't think so.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bolagabriella: 5:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
2dice01:
Well I did
Oya on your xender lemme send it from my device cheesy

The movie needs your full attention
Even that won't Guarantee you understanding it fully

Imagine! grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bolagabriella: 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
ugwuozorc:

It is a great movie though, you should check it out: https://ogagatv.net/movie-tenet-2020/

I really don't know...I really do love david washington ever since i watched the series "ballers". I'm curious to see him in another role which will be the selling point in watching tenet.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 6:15pm On Dec 03, 2020
Enter the fat Dragon (2020)
Action Comedy
Rating : 7.2/10

You love Jackie Chan and Donnie yen movies ?
But you wanna see Jackie Chan in Donnie yen's body or
Vice Versa cheesy crazy right grin
Then this is for you

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2020
Please who has a working link to download Liam Neeson's Honest thief...I can't find it anywhere cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
The Hurt Locker

2.9/4
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
Mulan (2020)

3/10

The plot of this movie is just too basic.. Nollywood Pro max.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
pu7pl3:
Please who has a working link to download Liam Neeson's Honest thief...I can't find it anywhere cry

I'm still asking
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DY1280DY: 9:58am On Dec 04, 2020
Lion King, this film tells the story of Simba, the little lion king, who, accompanied by his friends, has experienced the most glorious moment in his life, also encountered the most difficult challenges, and finally became the king of the forest.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Crackhead25(m): 11:40am On Dec 04, 2020
The courier(2019)

Amit Shah who played Faizal Khan in Batista's final chase was the same underdog in this movie too,but here he was cast as a witness to a murder case who was meant to give his witness in a private top secret classified location.But with the help of a courier(a female ex-soldier who took up delivery work after leaving the army),he remained alive after the mole in the agency tried to kill him also.

I would give a 6/10 rating because I like witness protection/hostage based action movies.
Thing about em hostage/witness movie is there is always a good guy at the wrong place to save the day.

IMO!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
the weekend (2016) 10/10
UK comedy movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2020
Sin City

3/4
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Joeblaze26(m): 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Sin City

3/4
Bro apart from seeing movies can you tell me what other stuff you engage yourself in? Maybe movies is just a farcade...Show me the way ooo...Cos I don't wanna believe you spend the whole of your time seeing moves alone sad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2020
I don't even watch that much movies....... at least not anymore.

I am self employed so I watch movies to pass the time whenever I am not attending to my customers cheesy

P.S: I am also not an outgoing person so whenever I am not at work, I don't do faaji as you people call it.
I watch movies to keep myself busy at home too

Joeblaze26:
Bro apart from seeing movies can you tell me what other stuff you engage yourself in? Maybe movies is just a farcade...Show me the way ooo...Cos I don't wanna believe you spend the whole of your time seeing moves alone sad

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Joeblaze26(m): 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2020
alexistaiwo:
I don't even watch that much movies....... at least not anymore.

I am self employed so I watch movies to pass the time whenever I am not attending to my customers cheesy

Tor...I thought as much...Cos I've been following you for sometimes naw wink...You're mostly active on this thread...No wahala sha..God bless your business...Have a great day!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 04, 2020
A.I. Rising

2.9/4

Problem no dey ever finish for this life but when your immediate problem is an Android's pussy, something is wrong somewhere. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 6:01pm On Dec 04, 2020
MJBOLT:
there are some movies you dont need to watch to know it will be a waste of resources,baywatch is that kind of movie.

We all have Preferences
Baywatch might be a Boring movie to you
But to some other dudes will find it interesting

Personlly i dont fancy superhero movies like Ironman and Batman doesn't mean they are trash

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by xynerise: 6:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
nani667:
Baywatch 2017

7. 3 / 10

Simply Oppai ★★★

Last picture, what an eye sore grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ghosts of war (2020)

Genre: War, horror

Honestly, I don't know what rating I'm gonna give this movie. The movie is a creepy mindfvck that not only gave me shivers but also confused the shît outta me.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
2dice01:

We all have Preferences
Baywatch might be a Boring movie to you
But to some other dudes will find it interesting

Personlly i dont fancy superhero movies like Ironman and Batman doesn't mean they are trash

That is a major problem on this thread and by extension, social media in recent times.
People don't want you to have your own opinion and ideals, they want you to agree with and follow everything they say or do or else they'll come for your head like a mob.

It's not by force to rate a movie badly. Because you didn't like it at all doesn't mean another person can't rate it 10/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 7:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
Plead:

That is a major problem on this thread and by extension, social media in recent times.
People don't want you to have your own opinion and ideals, they want you to agree with and follow everything they say or do or else they'll come for your head like a mob

It's not by force to rate a movie badly. Because you didn't like it at all doesn't mean another person can't rate it 10/10.
Exactly my Brother
How many bottles of Hennessey make i order for you grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
2dice01:
Exactly my Brother
How many bottles of Hennessey make i order for you grin

One black bullet will do. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2358) (2359) (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) (2364) ... (3857) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: freeze105 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.