Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3786213 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (3845) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 7:33pm On Feb 07, 2017
Csami:
Arrival 8/10

This is one simple and self explanatory movie. I see no reason why some persons here would give it a 4.
Infact, it should be 1/10.

1) How did Dr Banks suddenly knew how to decipher the alien language? Guess it was done behind the scene, right?

2) Dr. Banks was using English to communicate with the aliens before they could respond. How come the aliens quickly understand Chinese language too? And other languages in different countries that the alien ships landed.

3) What was actually the weapon the aliens actually want to offer humans? Cos i think they left without leaving anything.

The best thing about Arrival is the portrayal of the aliens in a friendly manner, letting us know that its not all about aliens invading and the earth fighting to defend the human race.

Its just like how 'Warcraft' portrayed 'orcs', in a friendly manner, showing us that 'orcs' have feeling and go through a lot too. Not like how Lord of the rings and The Hobbit portrayed orcs as barbaric, war mongers and blood thirsty villains.

Warcraft was good, Arrival? Lackluster.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2017
oyetpel:

1) How did Dr Banks suddenly knew how to decipher the alien language? Guess it was done behind the scene, right?

2) Dr. Banks was using English to communicate with the aliens before they could respond. How come the aliens quickly understand Chinese language too? And other languages in different countries that the alien ships landed.

3) What was actually the weapon the aliens actually want to offer humans? Cos i think they left without leaving anything.

The best thing about Arrival is the portrayal of the aliens in a friendly manner, letting us know that its not all about aliens invading and the earth fighting to defend the human race.

Its just like how 'Warcraft' portrayed 'orcs', in a friendly manner, showing us that 'orcs' have feeling and go through a lot too. Not like how Lord of the rings and The Hobbit portrayed orcs as barbaric, war mongers and blood thirsty villains.

warcraft useless movie
angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TonySpike: 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
oyetpel:
Someone really bash MOANA on Imdb..... read it below.
What do you expect from a disney movie? It has to be dumbed down with little or no seriousness...lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TonySpike: 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2017
Vorpal:
Doctor Strange.

That's one very brilliant movie.

Doctor Strange is one hell of an overrated 'Iron man' origin story! Apart from the stunning visuals which is ripped-off of Nolan's Inception, I find nothing exceptional in the movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
TonySpike:

Doctor Strange is one hell of an overrated 'Iron man' origin story! Apart from the stunning visuals which is ripped-off of Nolan's Inception, I find nothing exceptional in the movie.
overrated
undecided
at least it didnt fail or disappoint like some movies
grin

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2017
oyetpel:

First you have to keep an open mind and try watching the movie again but this time, make sure you have the blu-ray version that also has subtitle. I sure what you saw was DVDSCR.

1. They've been studying the heptapods' symbols for long even though the time range wasn't specified.

2. They couldn't communicate with the heptapods during their first encounter which made Louise resort to writing. After that she started teaching them the basic English language like walk, talk, run etc as well as demonstrations. With the purpose of asking what their mission on earth was.

Now there was no where in the movie I saw the aliens communicating with Chinese or Chinese people but we know that every country where the aliens' pod landed, their scientists were communicating with them and at the same time sharing what they've learnt about them with each other.

3. The aliens meaning of "weapon" was misinterpreted. They never meant actual weapon like nuclear weapon and it likes, the weapon they meant was a gift.
The gift was to tell the future. Now if you re-watch the movie, each time she figured out part of the symbol, she sees her future.

Now why would you compare arrival with warcraft?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 9:52pm On Feb 07, 2017
mehn.... I came across The Fifth Commandment 2008..... ImDb ratings was 4.7/10....mehn.... it was damn worth watching.... could not believe that....rating it 7.5/10... compared to Nonnsense deadpool that was given 8/10 by IMDb..... deadpool is the wackest movie of 2016....they can shove it down their throat
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2017
Csami:

First you have to keep an open mind and try watching the movie again but this time, make sure you have the blu-ray version that also has subtitle. I sure what you saw was DVDSCR.

1. They've been studying the heptapods' symbols for long even though the time range wasn't specified.

2. They couldn't communicate with the heptapods during their first encounter which made Louise resort to writing. After that she started teaching them the basic English language like walk, talk, run etc as well as demonstrations. With the purpose of asking what their mission on earth was.

Now there was no where in the movie I saw the aliens communicating with Chinese or Chinese people but we know that every country where the aliens' pod landed, their scientists were communicating with them and at the same time sharing what they've learnt about them with each other.

3. The aliens meaning of "weapon" was misinterpreted. They never meant actual weapon like nuclear weapon and it likes, the weapon they meant was a gift.
The gift was to tell the future. Now if you re-watch the movie, each time she figured out part of the symbol, she sees her future.

Now why would you compare arrival with warcraft?
I didn't compare, i only talked about their approach. We all know alien movies are full of shooting and war against aliens without even any communication with them.

Likewise, if you have watched 'Lord of the Rings' collection and 'The Hobbit', you will notice that no matter what, the orcs are the usual villains, but 'Warcraft' showed us, the orcs are a race too, and they also go throuhh what humans go through.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
Damfostopper:
mehn.... I came across The Fifth Commandment 2008..... ImDb ratings was 4.7/10....mehn.... it was damn worth watching.... could not believe that....rating it 7.5/10... compared to Nonnsense deadpool that was given 8/10 by IMDb..... deadpool is the wackest movie of 2016....they can shove it down their throat
No, shove it down your own intestine. Deadpool is one hell of a great movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Damfostopper(m): 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2017
oyetpel:

middle finger

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
oyetpel:

I didn't compare, i only talked about their approach. We all know alien movies are full of shooting and war against aliens without even any communication with them.

Likewise, if you have watched 'Lord of the Rings' collection and 'The Hobbit', you will notice that no matter what, the orcs are the usual villains, but 'Warcraft' showed us, the orcs are a race too, and they also go throuhh what humans go through.

Look, I don't know how you interpret movies but to me, movies are just make believe. You gave arrival 4/10 in your rating and nobody called you names or tried to shove their opinion down your throat. Someone else called Deadpool wack and you think your opinion counts while his doesn't?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2017
Csami:

Look, I don't know how you interpret movies but to me, movies are just make believe. You gave arrival 4/10 in your rating and nobody called you names or tried to shove their opinion down your throat. Someone else called Deadpool wack and you think your opinion counts while his doesn't?
Read what the guy first said, and read correctly.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 11:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
oyetpel:

Read what the guy first said, and read correctly.

This is what he wrote and he wasn't referring to you or anyone here. All you had to do was to tell him why the rating was worth it not telling him to shove down his intestine.

Damfostopper:
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 12:03am On Feb 08, 2017
Csami:

This is what he wrote and he wasn't referring to you or anyone here. All you had to do was to tell him why the rating was worth it not telling him to shove down his intestine.

Ok, i was trying to joke with him and all that. I mean does the guy really want to shove it down the makers of Deadpool throat? It was a joke at my end, but you got it the other way.

Then i had to tell him, it was a great movie to me. That's all
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TonySpike: 12:10am On Feb 08, 2017
MJBOLT:

overrated
undecided
at least it didnt fail or disappoint like some movies
grin
That's my opinion, dude. Many others feel the same way too...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2017
oyetpel:

Just ignore them. Anybody trying to get noticed on any movie forum either bashes Deadpool, Dr Strange, Batman vs Superman & Suicide Squad. It's really pathetic
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:06am On Feb 08, 2017
TonySpike:

Which Nolan ripped-off the Dr. Strange comics.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bobo65(m): 9:26am On Feb 08, 2017
Edge of seventeen

3/10
Nothing new or special in d movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 11:21am On Feb 08, 2017
Kaycee7:
Just ignore them. Anybody trying to get noticed on any movie forum either bashes Deadpool, Dr Strange, Batman vs Superman & Suicide Squad. It's really pathetic

So people are not allowed to have an opinion on these movies? Things that seems perfect to you might be strange to the other guy.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Egohunter: 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
if u know what wall street stands for, u will know what to expect. ntn lik3 play play der
WoundedSoul:
I watched Wolf of Wall Street and I'm not saying it's bad; it's just that the title made me picture sumfin different from what I eventually saw.

That's the thing with Comedy movies. They can use too much "play-play" to spoil the whole show.

The best scene was when Margie messed Leonardo DiCaprio's brain with what might be the hottest seductive scene seen in a while. Her "bad girl" voice, subtle serpentine motions Jeez! Infact, any man earth born of a woman with red blood cells flowing through his veins that watched that scene without getting a hard on should quickly head to the Seminary!

It will be a big loss to waste such spirit.
i
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 4:04pm On Feb 08, 2017
Csami:

So people are not allowed to have an opinion on these movies? Things that seems perfect to you might be strange to the other guy.
I believe that when a movie (a) has a high rating and/or (b) has a decent box office profit, and I still don't like it, then the movie is not my cup of tea. So when I talk about it, I use "in my opinion" to reflect that. The guy didn't even try to sound civil. Just called Deadpool trash. I'm sorry but I can't take such a person seriously

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 08, 2017
Nocturnal animals, prisoners
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by purplekayc(m): 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2017
Arrival
Deep water horizon
Snowden
Hacksaw ridge
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2017
A million ways to die in the West.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by maasoap(m): 1:04am On Feb 09, 2017
I don't know if anybody has mentioned this movie here, Hacksaw Ridge. It is a good and interesting movie. Real life story.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 8:18am On Feb 09, 2017
maasoap:
I don't know if anybody has mentioned this movie here, Hacksaw Ridge. It is a good and interesting movie. Real life story.
I agree with you. It's the best war movie i've seen in a long time. The direction of the war scenes in the movie was spectacular, it felt like a real war scenario. At first, I thought there was nothing special about Andrew Garfield acting to worth an Oscar nomination, but as the movie progress to the intense scenes, I had to swallow my words.
Mel Gibson is now officially on my list of best director.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 8:24am On Feb 09, 2017
I'm on a mission to see all the movies nominated for Oscar's best picture. I've seen Hidden figures, Arrival, Hacksaw ridge, Hell or high water, I'm yet to see others. So far, in my on opinion hacksaw ridge stands out.
Currently watching Manchester by the sea.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by rohit99: 10:09am On Feb 09, 2017
good attributes let's have a look on it.Mobdro App allows you to Mobdro Utilizing its Categories you could view any kind of videos. nice.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 11:25am On Feb 09, 2017
**A Spoiler Alert** (This is strictly my personal opinion)
ARRIVAL never arrived, was disappointed, I can't watch dis type of movie in d cinema in d first place, totally pointless.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Csami(m): 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
obixcel:
**A Spoiler Alert** (This is strictly my personal opinion)
ARRIVAL never arrived, was disappointed, I can't watch dis type of movie in d cinema in d first place, totally pointless.

C'mon man! Arrival did arrive. Saying it's totally pointless is uncalled for.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by obixcel(m): 1:37pm On Feb 09, 2017
Csami:

C'mon man! Arrival did arrive. Saying it's totally pointless is uncalled for.
I'm officially done watching any alien-came-to-earth-and-every-body-trying-to-figure-out-who-they-are type of movies, I give up.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by maestromicky(m): 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2017
cool
DarkRebel101:
A million ways to die in the West.
Watch da film 1million times and still feel like watching it again

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (3845) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: IngeniousLeez and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.