Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:47 AM

I Need A Good Air Flow Meter - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need A Good Air Flow Meter (2277 Views)

Genuine Air Flow Meter Part Needed / Engine Gets So Hot Yet Temperature Meter Reads Normal: Rav4 / What Does Air Flow Meter Do In A Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Good Air Flow Meter by ONWARDBABA: 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
AM IN NEED OF A AIR FILOMETER FOR 2002 INFINTY Qx3 2002 PLZ
Re: I Need A Good Air Flow Meter by Ikenna351(m): 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
ONWARDBABA: AM IN NEED OF A AIR FILOMETER FOR 2002 INFINTY Qx3 2002 PLZ

grin grin grin

Please, I still dey office. No make me laugh like mad man here biko nu!

Wetin come be Air Filometer kwa? Na so your mechanic teach you? Ha!

Please, do you mean Air Flow Meter?

Ikenna
Re: I Need A Good Air Flow Meter by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2013
Choi! shocked no be only Air Filometer abi na hair philomena. grin grin
Re: I Need A Good Air Flow Meter by abatically(m): 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
Look at 2 so called moderators laughing at a fellow nairalander that needs help. Well its really funny though but he should be corrected and not ridiculed. @op it is called air flow meter or mass air flow sensor (MAF). U can contact nissparts, he should be able to help u out. Check the link to his profile. https://www.nairaland.com/nissparts

Back to the moderators, if it were someone else that posted what u just posted, u would probably hide the post. English is not our first language and i have seen lots of grammatical errors from a certain moderator on this forum... Like saying 'am' instead of 'I'm'. Anyway, u can go ahead and hide this post.

4 Likes

Re: I Need A Good Air Flow Meter by Ikenna351(m): 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2013
abatically: Look at 2 so called moderators laughing at a fellow nairalander that needs help. Well its really funny though but he should be corrected and not ridiculed. @op it is called air flow meter or mass air flow sensor (MAF). U can contact nissparts, he should be able to help u out. Check the link to his profile. https://www.nairaland.com/nissparts

Back to the moderators, if it were someone else that posted what u just posted, u would probably hide the post. English is not our first language and i have seen lots of grammatical errors from a certain moderator on this forum... Like saying 'am' instead of 'I'm'. Anyway, u can go ahead and hide this post.

Hahaha! I still dey laugh o!

Of course, you wanted me to feel offended, unfortunately, you got the wrong person. Don't worry, i will help you out.

Op mentioned a part in car the way mechanics would pronounce it. Yes, the same way a mechanic would call Catalytic converter "Indomie " which nearly everyone calls it. The way the mechanics would pronounce Camber as "Cacumber" , which i used to call/pronounce it the same, back in the days at Awka. The way mechanics would pronounce Crankhaft as "Cramshaft" back then at Awka. Etc. I used to pronounce or call those parts the same the mechanics do, which i remembered immediately i saw what op said and it got me laughing.

I would advice, always read carefully before you comment on a post. So that you don't end up embarrassing yourself for reading wrong meanings or not understanding a poster. Because all you just did was to expose a grudge or hatred that has been eaten you against a moderator who had no clue what you are going through. Yes, a certain moderator who posts grammatical errors. If you were referring to me, you should be man enough to do so. Or you thought i would ban you?

Oh! Since you sabi correct people. It's interesting to know too from you that another name for AFM is MAF.

Op, abeg, i was lauging at what you said which was very funny. The same way a friend called me this evening to tell me his mechanic changed his manual transmission oil with ABRO ATF. I was laughing so loud that he started laughing too. ABRO ATF in manual transmission. These things our mechanics do!

Abeg, Op, forgive me, i no dey laugh you. You only made me laugh out today's stress abeg!

By the way, i have edited the title.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: I Need A Good Air Flow Meter by ONWARDBABA: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
plz wat do i do at least we understand to a level my slows down wen i wanna acelerate and also the exhaust pipe breaks out smoke plz i ned IT PLZ FOR INFINTY QX4 2002
Re: I Need A Good Air Flow Meter by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2013
ONWARDBABA: plz wat do i do at least we understand to a level my slows down wen i wanna acelerate and also the exhaust pipe breaks out smoke plz i ned IT PLZ FOR INFINTY QX4 2002
Please don't just start any alterations on that car. Scan it first,

I know its 2002 which is dated but that car might have an electronic controlled throttle system plus the MAF system in that car isn't something any body just touches anyhow. I know a 2003 Pathfinder 3.5LE that uses same engine as that infiniti QX4. It had electronic throttle system the MAF of that car had a slight issue but the mechanic went ahead to touch some things he ought not to touch. The car started manifesting serious problems and the mechanics changed almost everything they could change even the ECU. That car never recovered again.

Check if the Air filter is dirty, if it is change it.
Re: I Need A Good Air Flow Meter by abatically(m): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Ikenna351:

Hahaha! I still dey laugh o!

Of course, you wanted me to feel offended, unfortunately, you got the wrong person. Don't worry, i will help you out.

Op mentioned a part in car the way mechanics would pronounce it. Yes, the same way a mechanic would call Catalytic converter "Indomie " which nearly everyone calls it. The way the mechanics would pronounce Camber as "Cacumber" , which i used to call/pronounce it the same, back in the days at Awka. The way mechanics would pronounce Crankhaft as "Cramshaft" back then at Awka. Etc. I used to pronounce or call those parts the same the mechanics do, which i remembered immediately i saw what op said and it got me laughing.

I would advice, always read carefully before you comment on a post. So that you don't end up embarrassing yourself for reading wrong meanings or not understanding a poster. Because all you just did was to expose a grudge or hatred that has been eaten you against a moderator who had no clue what you are going through. Yes, a certain moderator who posts grammatical errors. If you were referring to me, you should be man enough to do so. Or you thought i would ban you?

Oh! Since you sabi correct people. It's interesting to know too from you that another name for AFM is MAF.

Op, abeg, i was lauging at what you said which was very funny. The same way a friend called me this evening to tell me his mechanic changed his manual transmission oil with ABRO ATF. I was laughing so loud that he started laughing too. ABRO ATF in manual transmission. These things our mechanics do!

Abeg, Op, forgive me, i no dey laugh you. You only made me laugh out today's stress abeg!

By the way, i have edited the title.

Ikenna

OMG, u will help me? I don't see how u are going to help me because I think u are the one who needs help. U made fun of the OP instead of correcting him or giving an advice to help him.

Now talk about embarrassing myself, I also don't see how I did that. I have no grudges against anybody. You urself know if that thing was written by someone else u would hide it without blinking. If u are going through stress say it here maybe someone can help u, don't get too emotional.

And I know u know about cars (Sorry u know about Peugeots, or u think u know).. but where did u learn that AFM (MAF) is the same as MAP. Mass Air Flow Meter (MAF) tells the computer how much air is drawn into the engine and its normally found on or around the air filter cover. MAP on the other hand is Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor and it measures pressure differential in the intake manifold. It is normally found around the intake manifold. Now show me where i wrote MAP in my post.. I guess u are the one who should read carefully.

3 Likes

Re: I Need A Good Air Flow Meter by sultaan(m): 11:01pm On Dec 09, 2013
abatically:

OMG, u will help me? I don't see how u are going to help me because I think u are the one who needs help. U made fun of the OP instead of correcting him or giving an advice to help him.

Now talk about embarrassing myself, I also don't see how I did that. I have no grudges against anybody. You urself know if that thing was written by someone else u would hide it without blinking. If u are going through stress say it here maybe someone can help u, don't get too emotional.

And I know u know about cars (Sorry u know about Peugeots, or u think u know).. but where did u learn that AFM (MAF) is the same as MAP. Mass Air Flow Meter (MAF) tells the computer how much air is drawn into the engine and its normally found on or around the air filter cover. MAP on the other hand is Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor and it measures pressure differential in the intake manifold. It is normally found around the intake manifold. Now show me where i wrote MAP in my post.. I guess u are the one who should read carefully.

Relax you should see the humor on that statement. How is he suppose to know mechanic is setting up for Xmas and New year. The man is running around lookin for 'air kilometer' next it will be headlight fluid.They have fuxk with the car already now time to start changing out good parts
Re: I Need A Good Air Flow Meter by abatically(m): 11:08pm On Dec 09, 2013
sultaan:

Relax you should see the humor on that statement. How is he suppose to know mechanic is setting up for Xmas and New year. The man is running around lookin for 'air kilometer' next it will be headlight fluid.They have fuxk with the car already now time to start changing out good parts

I'm very much well relaxed. We all know the op meant air flow meter. He probably wrote it the exact way the mechanic pronounced it. I referred him to nissparts, he can help him get a genuine MAF sensor for nissan/infiniti. Anyway good riddance to a bad joke.
Re: I Need A Good Air Flow Meter by ONWARDBABA: 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING
abatically:

I'm very much well relaxed. We all know the op meant air flow meter. He probably wrote it the exact way the mechanic pronounced it. I referred him to nissparts, he can help him get a genuine MAF sensor for nissan/infiniti. Anyway good riddance to a bad joke.

(1) (Reply)

Need Someone That Can Teach Me How To Drive / Innoson Presents Ivm G-12 Tactical Military Suvs To Nigerian Army! (photos) / Help My Car Battery Drains Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.