Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,499 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ (4938 Views)

Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Buhari Arrives Abuja After Participating In UN Climate Change Meeting / PDP Stalwart Fears Jonathan May Lose Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 3:28am On Dec 10, 2013
Nigeria may lose about $460 billion to climate change by 2020 and also faces gross domestic product loss of between 2% and 11% if urgent steps are not taken to check environmental degradation in the country.

The Executive Director, Women Environmental Programme, WEP, Mrs. Priscilla Achakpa, stated this during a two-day capacity building workshop organized by WEP in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Environment, for Extension Service Officers held in Makurdi, Benue State capital.
She noted that findings by relevant agencies indicated that the development posed a threat to the efforts of government to boost food production in the country and the actualization of the Vision 20:20 20 of the Federal Government.

Represented by Mr. George Akor, a Director in the Programme, Achakpa maintained that “the best way to reach farmers with climate change information is by developing capacity of Agricultural Extension Service Officers in interpreting and communicating climate change information to rural farmers including women.”

According to her, the negative impact of climate change on countries in Africa remains huge despite the fact that the continent contributes little to global greenhouse emissions.
”This situation calls for concerted effort by all relevant agencies and governments to ensure that the impact of climate change on Nigeria is mitigated,” she stressed.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/nigeria-may-lose-460bn-climate-change/#sthash.TDUufrNq.dpuf
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/nigeria-may-lose-460bn-climate-change/
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 4:36am On Dec 10, 2013
What should we do with all these theories, last I checked, most part of Nigeria are green apart from State Capitals and the deserts. Abi I go remove paving stones for my compound begin plant dogo yaro ? Say na wetin happen.
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 10, 2013
Billyonaire: What should we do with all these theories, last I checked, most part of Nigeria are green apart from State Capitals and the deserts. Abi I go remove paving stones for my compound begin plant dogo yaro ? Say na wetin happen.
grin grin
I personally doubt the science behind 'global warming'.
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by MrKnowitall: 4:43am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin
I personally doubt the science behind 'global warming'.

Why do you doubt the science behind global warming?
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 4:51am On Dec 10, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

Why do you doubt the science behind global warming?
This video is an eye-opener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtevF4B4RtQ
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by MrKnowitall: 4:59am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan:
This video is an eye-opener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtevF4B4RtQ

Am suppose to watch an hour of video to know why you dont believe in global warming? i think a simple answer will do.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 10, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

Am suppose to watch an hour of video to know why you dont believe in global warming? i think a simple answer will do.

Basically, the global warming industry seeks to tax the residents of developed countries, the proceeds of such going into the pockets of the Banksters who control the 'leaders' of such countries.
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by osystein(m): 5:18am On Dec 10, 2013
climate change is a hoax i don't believe in it.
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:20am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan:

Basically, the global warming industry seeks to tax the residents of developed countries, the proceeds of such going into the pockets of the Banksters who control the 'leaders' of such countries.
that is a lie! A conspiracy theory!

i will give u a simple practicals i av personally tried to experiment abt the issue of the depleting ozone layer.

Did u knw dt the rate at which the sun gets high in the city is different from the farmlands unless the land is located on a natural high side?

Try it! Av done it and i realised that places where factories and cars aren't much av less scorchy sunrise!

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by MrKnowitall: 5:20am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan:

hmm this sounds like a conspiracy theory to me do you have any evidence? I believe that global warming or "climate change"

is undeniable. The only argument is whether it is man made or the earth is going through a cycle.
Do you have evidence to

back up your theory?

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 10, 2013
Global Warming isn't Conspiracy, it is real, what is Conspiracy is telling Africans to plant more trees, and live in forests, in order to recycle and replenish the planet for the developed countries to continue their mad industrialization.

Africa is not going to be the "replenisher" of a planet that has been bastardized by industrial complexes. We are tired.

6 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 10, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

hmm this sounds like a conspiracy theory to me do you have any evidence? I believe that global warming or "climate change"

is undeniable. The only argument is whether it is man made or the earth is going through a cycle.
Do you have evidence to

back up your theory?

Both, Human action has speed up the natural cycle. Now our planet's kinetic energy has been increased, and we are living in interesting times. The speed of revolution is higher in fractions of seconds. This is the legacy of atomization, nuclearization and electromagnetic weapon testing.
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by texanomaly(f): 5:34am On Dec 10, 2013
Billyonaire: Global Warming isn't Conspiracy, it is real, what is Conspiracy is telling Africans to plant more trees, and live in forests, in order to recycle and replenish the planet for the developed countries to continue their mad industrialization.

Africa is not going to be the "replenisher" of a planet that has been bastardized by industrial complexes. We are tired.
Ever heard the phrase, Don't cut off your nose to spite your face? undecided
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by MrKnowitall: 5:35am On Dec 10, 2013
^^^
So you are saying that developed countries want to continue to pollute the air, build more factories that generates high

levels of carbon monoxide, and continue to cute down trees that absorbs harmful carbon dioxide and produce oxygen? So they

want Africa to make up for the damage they are doing to the Earth?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 10, 2013
Mr Knowitall: ^^^
So you are saying that developed countries want to continue to pollute the air, build more factories that generates high

levels of carbon monoxide, and continue to cute down trees that absorbs harmful carbon dioxide and produce oxygen? So they

That's the truth, that's the fact. Africa is the source of raw materials for industrialization and Africa is the one to provide balance for the harm caused by the Industrial Complexes, Africa must maintain natural ecosystem and wildlife, while "developed" nations continue with their wanton megalomaniac lives.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 10, 2013
texanomaly:
Ever heard the phrase, Don't cut of your nose to spite your face? undecided
No
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 10, 2013
Billyonaire: That's the truth, that's the fact. Africa is the source of raw materials for industrialization and Africa is the one to provide balance for the harm caused by the Industrial Complexes, Africa must maintain natural ecosystem and wildlife, while "developed" nations continue with their wanton megalomaniac lives.

I think the 'green' agenda is also being vigorously pushed here in the US. The main goal of the 'green' movement is to enrich the pockets of the elite.
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan:

I think the 'green' agenda is also being vigorously pushed here in the US. The main goal of the 'green' movement is to enrich the pockets of the elite.
As always.
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by texanomaly(f): 6:15am On Dec 10, 2013
Billyonaire: That's the truth, that's the fact. Africa is the source of raw materials for industrialization and Africa is the one to provide balance for the harm caused by the Industrial Complexes, Africa must maintain natural ecosystem and wildlife, while "developed" nations continue with their wanton megalomaniac lives.

Mr Knowitall: ^^^

First of all, there are stringent laws in the United States regarding pollution. Pollution causing factories and other commercial intities are highly regulated here. Secondly, the forestry industry is also regulated by the government. For every tree cut down, so many others must be planted in its place.
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by MrKnowitall: 6:23am On Dec 10, 2013
texanomaly:

First of all, there are stringent laws in the United States regarding pollution. Pollution causing factories and other commercial intities are highly regulated here. Secondly, the forestry industry is also regulated by the government. For every tree cut down, so many others must be planted in its place.

I believe that the United States has one of the best eco friendly policies in the world but more can be done.
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by texanomaly(f): 6:31am On Dec 10, 2013
Billyonaire: No

To cut off your nose to spite your face: is to do something because you are angry, even when you know it will cause trouble for you.
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by texanomaly(f): 6:33am On Dec 10, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

I believe that the United States has one of the best eco friendly policies in the world but more can be done.

I agree. More can always be done.
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by MrKnowitall: 6:38am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan:

It seems like you are really into conspiracy theories. Do you listen to Glenn Beck radio show? Rush Limbaugh?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 6:42am On Dec 10, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

It seems like you are really into conspiracy theories. Do you listen to Glenn Beck radio show? Rush Limbaugh?

Alex Jones wink
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by MrKnowitall: 6:50am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan:

Alex Jones wink

No wonder, i knew i was sensing some conspiracy theorist jargon in your comments. You listen to Alex Jones? He is a

Notorious Conspiracy theorist. Come one CFCfan how can you give credibility to a man that makes a living out of

being a professional conspiracy theorist? The fact that he makes money from it makes him loose all his credibility.

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by manny4life(m): 6:51am On Dec 10, 2013
Mr Knowitall:

Lol... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by manny4life(m): 7:01am On Dec 10, 2013
My opinion on climate change or global warming is that it's real, sooner or later and if unprepared, several nations will begin experiencing the adverse effect of massive industrialization. China as a case study: air quality in most Chinese cities have deteriorated to the point that a Chinese business business man launched "purified air" in cans to be sold in retail. As much as the green initiative is meant to put money into the pockets of some wealthy folks, we cannot deny the fact that these issues are real.

Wonder why President Obama signed onto the Clean Coal initiative, yes because like they stated, clean coal doesn't emit so much carbon like the bad one (abeg no ask me, I'm no biologist), same applies to fuels, bio-fuel is gradually being tested. Although there are arguments that it will eventually compete with food despite the fact that world hunger has increased. Air quality adds good health to humans, the more we focus on our environment, and more importantly, reduce our pollution, then we won't be badly affected.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Olugbenger(m): 9:28am On Dec 10, 2013
Climate change can go and die, always.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2013
CFCfan:

Of course, there will be no benefits to the masses at all.. undecided
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 10, 2013
Out with "how does this decrease the price of garri" in with "go and die"
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by igbsam(m): 10:05am On Dec 10, 2013
Na lie..............Big lie ooooooooooooo! Another way to embezzle that money.

They are saying in advance "NIGERIA MAY LOOSE $460bn in ADVANCE TO EMBEZZLEMENT"

Which Climatic Change we dey experience here...
Re: ‘Nigeria May Lose $460bn To Climate Change’ by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 10, 2013
When we no loose am nko?
Is even better maybe it'll make okonjo looks more like a frog and jona like d daft and sanusi like a broomstick and labaran like abiku and apoti like apoti eri grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: 16 Pdp Rivers State Lawmakers Sacked By Appeal Court / Photo News:osun Huge Model Schools : Shoes Have Sizes!!! / Trump Begging IPOB Not To Protest Against Buhari Today(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.