Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated (1060 Views)

Opinion: Monogamy Is Boring! / The Most Overrated & Overvalued Commodity / Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated by huxley(m): 12:27am On Jul 29, 2008
I think life-long monogamy to the same partner if much too overvalued and overrated. Consider the following;

What is the level of marital infidelity in your community?
What is the main reason for infidelity

Do you think a society designed around communal sharing of partners would ease some of the problems with infidelity?
Re: Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated by dreeldee: 1:25am On Jul 29, 2008
huxley:

I think life-long monogamy to the same partner if much too overvalued and overrated. Consider the following;

Do you think a society designed around communal sharing of partners would ease some of the problems with infidelity?

shocked shocked shocked you mean everyone sharing their partners? grin grin
Re: Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated by TOYOSI20(f): 1:31am On Jul 29, 2008
Re: Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated by Okijajuju1(m): 1:34am On Jul 29, 2008
huxley:

Now thats another idea. Me thinks I like it.
Re: Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated by albridge(m): 10:18am On Jul 29, 2008
be careful what you ask for, you might get it. believe me, you dont want a society where everyone sleeps with everyone and where you come home and find your mother in bed with diffrent men or your wife giving a Mouth Action to your best friend.
Life has rules and these rules are for orderlines and our own good. if everyone one started screwing everyone what you would end up with is total break down of law and order and outright war.
you are supposed to marry one person and screw that person only for yours and the other persons good. cool
Re: Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated by dadahgirl: 6:44am On Jul 30, 2008
albridge:

be careful what you ask for, you might get it. believe me, you don't want a society where everyone sleeps with everyone and where you come home and find your mother in bed with diffrent men or your wife giving a Mouth Action to your best friend.
Life has rules and these rules are for orderlines and our own good. if everyone one started screwing everyone what you would end up with is total break down of law and order and outright war.
you are supposed to marry one person and screw that person only for yours and the other persons good. cool

Best advice I've heard. It would be the destruction of our society.
Re: Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated by Seun(m): 7:19am On Jul 30, 2008
believe me, you don't want a society where everyone sleeps with everyone
Why don't I want a society where everyone sleeps with everyone? It sounds like a paradise.
Re: Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated by Gamine(f): 11:33am On Jul 30, 2008
This Huxley is suffering from Attention Spam
Re: Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated by Feministic(f): 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2008
I agree with the original post, I think that monogamy is not for everyone, and has proven (with humans ever-so-prominent promiscuity) not to be. The idea that a spouse or partner doesn't "love" someone if they wish to have other sexual partners, to me, sounds silly, sex is an action that is done not just to reproduce or to show affection, but (let's be honest) to "get off". It's a pleasurable, animal act and many relationships are suffering because while they may be linked to someone in every aspect, there are sexual desires that are yet to filled, which can cause a whole other set of problems. Some people find that "swinging" , having an open relationship, adding another wife/husband, etc; tightens their bond and actually raises trust.
Monogamy is achievable and right for some couples but it takes a conscious effort that usually has be be enforced with something other than a promise made to your partner ( personal beliefs/morality ,religion, etc). There are people that enjoy a "closed" or "private" relationship including the effort it takes to keep such a relationship as is.
Re: Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated by segzicres(m): 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2008
exhausting
Re: Monogamy Is Too Overvalued And Overrated by NegroNtns(m): 10:44pm On Jul 30, 2008
Designed around communal what Huxley, I think you are better off in the religion section.

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Saga / Should I Marry Him? / Sincerely Speaking.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.