Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion (7197 Views)

Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard / Senate Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Power Sector Spendings / Inec’s Team Probes Alleged Irregularities In Rivers Polls - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by nduchucks: 3:06am On Dec 14, 2013
DerideGull:

Mr. Chucks,

You have disappointedly turned yourself into a Star gazer. Do the countries and companies that buy crude oil from Nigeria deal with CBN? The buyers deal with banks designated by NNPC and other entities in downstream petroleum business not CBN. The onward remittance to CBN is carried out by NNPC and other entities as when due and required by the law of the land.

It is unfortunate that the governor of CBN has joined forces with President’s political opponents in a silly character assassination. If estimated crude oil worth of $50 billion dollars is missing, how does the government meet its responsibilities for the fiscal year?

Thank you very much for your reply and I completely agree with you that banks designated by NNPC can document the movement of these NNPC monies. While we must condemn character assassination wherever it is found, I must confess to you that I have never seen any documentation or accounting provided to the public which includes interest paid on these monies.

I'm sure you'd agree with me that the senate probe should extend to banks and bankers who may be able to provide any information on who is pocketing the billions of dollars in interest. Don't tell me that you'd have any reservations on this.
Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by DerideGull(m): 4:37am On Dec 14, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Thank you very much for your reply and I completely agree with you that banks designated by NNPC can document the movement of these NNPC monies. While we must condemn character assassination wherever it is found, I must confess to you that I have never seen any documentation or accounting provided to the public which includes interest paid on these monies.

I'm sure you'd agree with me that the senate probe should extend to banks and bankers who may be able to provide any information on who is pocketing the billions of dollars in interest. Don't tell me that you'd have any reservations on this.

I have problem with the manner and tone of the alleged letter from Governor of CBN to President of Nigeria. The channeling of the letter lacked professionalism required of people manning sensitive position of a country. If Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was not up to a sort of political mischievousness, he would have copied Minister of Finance and Director of NNPC. Nigerians talk and yarn about transparency from their government yet failed to question the intention of dubious letter from Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

There are certain documents on government transactions that are not meant for public consumption. So you should be advised to forget the idea of seeing such documents unless you have some forms of clearance from the government.

Look pal, Nigeria is not a nation and needs to be restructured. I am for any probe that will expose all facts and any party found delinquent should be summarily dealt without reservation.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by ba7man(m): 5:02am On Dec 14, 2013
Abeg, leave story. I suspect SLS exaggerated the missing amount of money but he's exposed the shady dealings in high places in the process.

I'm loving the fact that the letter was made public to the common man first, rather than the Minister of Finance and Director of NNPC who might already be involved and will only end up hiding its contents.

If that's what SLS did, we might not have heard of such happenings. Freedom of information so we the people have a right to know too.
Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by ba7man(m): 5:11am On Dec 14, 2013
DerideGull:

I have problem with manner and tone of the alleged letter from Governor of CBN to President of Nigeria. The channeling of the letter lacked professionalism required of people manning sensitive position of a country. If Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was not up to a sort of political mischievousness, he would have copied Minister of Finance and Director of NNPC. Nigerians talk and yarn about transparency from their government yet failed to question the intention of dubious letter from Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

There are certain documents on government transactions that are not meant for public consumption. So you should be advised to forget the idea of seeing such documents unless you have some forms of clearance from the government.

Look pal, Nigeria is not a nation and needs to be restructured. I am for any probe that will expose all facts and any party found delinquent should be summarily dealt without reservation.
First you talk about transparency from the Government, then you follow up by saying some documented information should be hidden from the public..............the ones they've hidden from us that has wrecked this nation isn't enough, abi??

So SLS should have directed the letter to the Minister of Finance and Director of NNPC so that they'll further hide how they loot this Country, right??

Or you don't think its proper we should know so that we'll vote out the structure that gave birth to these monsters??

You're stuck in the 70's. We need less people like you in this Country.
Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by DerideGull(m): 5:29am On Dec 14, 2013
ba7man: First you talk about transparency from the Government, then you follow up by saying some documented information should be hidden from the public..............the ones they've hidden from us that has wrecked this nation isn't enough, abi??

So SLS should have directed the letter to the Minister of Finance and Director of NNPC so that they'll further hide how they loot this Country, right??

Or you don't think its proper we should know so that we'll vote out the structure that gave birth to these monsters??

You're stuck in the 70's. We need less people like you in this Country.

You are a bloody dunce. The essence of coping the letter to the Minister of Finance and the Director of NNPC is to place them on notice. I guess now the letter has been made public, it helped the looters hid their bounties. USA operates one of the transparent governments in the world yet it has classified repositories, olodo.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by DerideGull(m): 5:39am On Dec 14, 2013
ba7man: Abeg, leave story. I suspect SLS exaggerated the missing amount of money but he's exposed the shady dealings in high places in the process.

I'm loving the fact that the letter was made public to the common man first, rather than the Minister of Finance and Director of NNPC who might already be involved and will only end up hiding its contents.

If that's what SLS did, we might not have heard of such happenings. Freedom of information so we the people have a right to know too.

It was not Sanusi Lamido Sanusi that publicized the alleged letter, olodo.
Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by ba7man(m): 5:51am On Dec 14, 2013
DerideGull:

You are a bloody dunce. The essence of coping the letter to the Minister of Finance and the Director of NNPC is to place them on notice. I guess now the letter has been made public, it helped the looters hid their bounties. USA operates one of the transparent governments in the world yet it has classified repositories, olodo.
Place them on notice when there's a big possibility of them being involved??

Do you think Billions of Dollars goes missing in this Country or 100,000's of Barrels of Oil is bunkered illegally without the Presidency not being aware or being involved??

I personally know a Government official that did a major investigation concerning fraud in a Government parastatal.

During his investigation, he discovered that the fraud went up as high as the Federal Minister. When he compiled his findings, he sent them to his superiors to act on it.

They patted him on the head, rewarded him with a lump sum and wanted to lodge him in a luxury hotel (Which he turned down for the fear of his life) and told him his work was done.

This is Nigeria. You have been away for too long to know what goes on.
Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by ba7man(m): 5:52am On Dec 14, 2013
DerideGull:

It was not Sanusi Lamido Sanusi that publicized the alleged letter, olodo.
Whatever, I'm glad someone leaked it.
Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by DerideGull(m): 6:24am On Dec 14, 2013
ba7man: Place them on notice when there's a big possibility of them being involved??

Do you think Billions of Dollars goes missing in this Country or 100,000's of Barrels of Oil is bunkered illegally without the Presidency not being aware or being involved??

I personally know a Government official that did a major investigation concerning fraud in a Government parastatal.

During his investigation, he discovered that the fraud went up as high as the Federal Minister. When he compiled his findings, he sent them to his superiors to act on it.

They patted him on the head, rewarded him with a lump sum and wanted to lodge him in a luxury hotel (Which he turned down for the fear of his life) and told him his work was done.

This is Nigeria. You have been away for too long to know what goes on.

Please for the sake of posterity, I plead with you to read the rejoinder from the CBN on the alleged letter written by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi to the President of Nigeria. It is appears somebody is completely at lost with technical rigors involved in crude oil transactions in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by nduchucks: 8:05am On Dec 14, 2013
DerideGull:

I have problem with the manner and tone of the alleged letter from Governor of CBN to President of Nigeria. The channeling of the letter lacked professionalism required of people manning sensitive position of a country. If Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was not up to a sort of political mischievousness, he would have copied Minister of Finance and Director of NNPC. Nigerians talk and yarn about transparency from their government yet failed to question the intention of dubious letter from Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

The problem you have with Sanusi's professionalism is one thing, but as someone pointed out, it may not be prudent to give the alleged thieves heads up, which could give them plenty of time to hide their possible misdeeds.

That said, do you not agree with me that the senate probe should be extended to banks and bankers who may be able to provide any information on who is pocketing the billions of dollars in interest? Don't tell me that you have any reservations on this. Despite your reservations about Sanusi's motives, do you not agree that all potential culprits in the alleged potential criminality should be investigated?
Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by ballabriggs: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2013
DerideGull:

Mr. Chucks,

You have disappointedly turned yourself into a Star gazer. Do the countries and companies that buy crude oil from Nigeria deal with CBN? The buyers deal with banks designated by NNPC and other entities in downstream petroleum business not CBN. The onward remittance to CBN is carried out by NNPC and other entities as when due and required by the law of the land.

It is unfortunate that the governor of CBN has joined forces with President’s political opponents in a silly character assassination. If estimated crude oil worth of $50 billion dollars is missing, how does the government meet its responsibilities for the fiscal year?

Deridemumu arguing with his sophisticated ignorance.

When NNPC exports, it receives foreign exchange held by the CBN.

The CBN has not seen this foreign exchange from Jan 2012 to 2013 thus forcing it to raise alarm.

Stop using your mpiawazu brain to discuss issues you know not about. So you think forex flows in this country are without the CBN? Your Mumu Na die.
Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by taharqa: 8:54am On Dec 14, 2013
ballabriggs:

Deridemumu arguing with his sophisticated ignorance.

When NNPC exports, it receives foreign exchange held by the CBN.

The CBN has not seen this foreign exchange from Jan 2012 to 2013 thus forcing it to raise alarm

Stop using your mpiawazu brain to discuss issues you know not about. So you think forex flows in this country are without the CBN? Your Mumu Na die.
lol..tori don dey change so soon; na 'foreign exchange' format now o.... So NNPC and odas remitted d said monies to d Federation Accounts tru d CBN, but didn't remit 'foreign exchange'!. Hehehehehe... #LWKND grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by nduchucks: 8:59am On Dec 14, 2013
taharqa: lol..tori don dey change so soon; na 'foreign exchange' format now o.... So NNPC and odas remitted d said monies to d Federation Accounts tru d CBN, but didn't remit 'foreign exchange'!. Hehehehehe... #LWKND grin grin

Some of us are trying to understand the process here, so stop ridiculing people you believe are wrong. Lets avoid politicizing this issue.

Now, please explain to us, the typical cash flow from buyers - nnpc---and ultimately - cbn. Please include banks and other financial institutions in the pipeline. Thanks in advance..
Re: Senate Probes Alleged Missing $49.8 Billion by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
Over Alleged Missing $49.8bn Oil Money: Sanusi Says ‘i’m Sorry’

https://www.nairaland.com/1561797/over-alleged-missing-49.8bn-oil

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Illegality In Ekiti Impeachment Saga / Disturbing Pictures Of Inmates From Nigerian Prisons Ugwashi Ukwu / MC Oluomo Seen In The Hospital After Being Stabbed In The Neck At APC Campaign R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.