Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,473 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) (17295 Views)

Why Ajaokuta Steel Company Won’t Function Immediately – Minister / Okonjo-iweala Connived With World Bank, IMF To Write Off Ajaokuta Steel Company / Supplementary Election: APC Peace Moves In Kogi Crumble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by OmoTier1(m): 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
Never have I thought Nigeria will be reduced to such a shame Nigeria will outlive Jonathan and like Ahaz, so it will be unto Him for turning Nigeria to such as is today cry
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by OmoTier1(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
Lilimax: Good to know.
Why are people so much attached to bad news and seldom acknowledge good news
and projects when the need arise angry

Learn to appreciate good works smiley
I am really sorry, but this is no good news if we are to be honest with ourselves. Listening to the project handlers talk, I wonder how you can call this good news.

Are we saying in Nigeria, we cannot design and implement a fully functional railway system, complete with level crossings, signal control and railway stations in 2013?

Let us stop celebrating mediocrity and demand for the best we should have. Imagine a government that can approve N49bn for renovation and extension of national complex, find it difficult to design and construct a fully functional railway system
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by fkaz(m): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I am really sorry, but this is no good news if we are to be honest with ourselves. Listening to the project handlers talk, I wonder how you can call this good news.

Are we saying in Nigeria, we cannot design and implement a fully functional railway system, complete with level crossings, signal control and railway stations in 2013?

Let us stop celebrating mediocrity and demand for the best we should have. Imagine a government that can approve N49bn for renovation and extension of national complex, find it difficult to design and construct a fully functional railway system

My brother i don't know why pretender or sycophant are celebrating this news o, they are not thinking of the sorry state of Aladja, Itakpe iron-ore and Ajaokuta steel company which is not functioning. But they are celebrating the rail line meant for transporting raw material between the company which was constructed years ago. I don't know what is new here because one of yar'adua minister once take a ride from Ajaokuta to Agbhor in year 2010 and people celebrate it but after a week they stop
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by taharqa: 8:05am On Dec 13, 2013
More Vids and Pics of Projects are coming and wud be so posted, so that Clowns like d two above wud not stop Wailing. We need to give them reasons for Crying, more...

3 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 13, 2013
taharqa: More Vids and Pics of Projects are coming and wud be so posted, so that Clowns like d two above wud not stop Wailing. We need to give them reasons for Crying, more...

Mr. Man, only God knows what you stand to gain from this but it is quite obvious that you are one of the dogs used to infiltrate the minds of the public. You are a sycophant with a pathetic history for praising mediocrity and below average performances.

Don't you see what other country are doing? Or are you too blind?

How come you have access to these 'videos' that aren't available to the public as you said 'more videos are coming'?

You fools should use your brains for once and stop allowing those monsters use you as a tool. Do you know the magnitude of your actions to the poor man in the street and generations unborn?

Why are you people so wicked like this? I know the day I angrily acted you early this year and people said I shouldn't have done so but have you stopped ever since? NO!

Honestly, I am just trying to contain the anger within, if not you would hate ever being born or coming here.

My God...
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by fkaz(m): 8:43am On Dec 13, 2013
taharqa: More Vids and Pics of Projects are coming and wud be so posted, so that Clowns like d two above wud not stop Wailing. We need to give them reasons for Crying, more...

Which picture or video you want to post again? Is it the one of 1975 or the one of late 90's that has been constructed? I don't know the difference between what you are saying now and what the minister of transport was saying in 2010 and you are referring it as new. All because you want to sell GEJ

This Railway was planned since the 1975 3rd National Plan, primarily to serve Nigeria's Steel Industry. It was subsequently abandoned by subsequent Admins (ie Shagari, Buhari and Early parts of Babangida) until the late 19980s/early 1990s when work finally started. Subsequent Admins have re-started (continued) as well as Abandoned the project, until Yar'adua's time in 2009 when he re-started (continued) it. GEJ continued froom there, and HASN'T ABANDONED it such that the entire track (esp the remaining Agbor-Warrri loop) has be COMPLETED this year (although certain Navigational Aids and the 5 Rail Terminals are still be done by Julius Berger Berger, the Contracting firm.
vs
[b]FG Commences Passenger Service on Warri - Ajaokuta Railway Soon
From Dele Ogbodo in Abuja
24 Oct 2010

Going by the pace of current rehabilitation work by Julius Berger Nigeria Plc on the 254 kilometre Ajaokuta - warri rail line, the Federal Government has stated that passengers service between the Niger Delta and Middle Belt areas of the country will commence very soon.
Impressed with the less than 4 hour train ride from Agbarho near Warri Delta State to Ajaokuta in Kogi State on the new Standard Gauge track line, Minister of Transport, Alhaji Suleiman Yusuf said "After the review, transfer and re - scoping of the project valued at N36billion from the Federal Ministry of Power and Mining to the Federal Ministry of Transport from its purely freight of Iron ore and with an additional built in design for Passengers movement which will involve the construction of several train stations along the line, I'm satisfied and impressed today that with this 4 hour train ride from Warri to Ajaokuta, we are sure to commence passenger services early next year.". [/b]
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Ozonna(m): 8:55am On Dec 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

U expect all this to be done under 3yrs?

1 Like

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 13, 2013
2s£xy:

Mr. Man, only God knows what you stand to gain from this but it is quite obvious that you are one of the dogs used to infiltrate the minds of the public. You are a sycophant with a pathetic history for praising mediocrity and below average performances.

How come you have access to these 'videos' that aren't available to the public as you said 'more videos are coming'?

You fools should use your brains for once and stop allowing those monsters use you as a tool. Do you know the magnitude of your actions to the poor man in the street and generations unborn?

Why are you people so wicked like this? I know the day I angrily acted you early this year and people said I shouldn't have done so but have you stopped ever since? NO!

Honestly, I am just trying to contain the anger within, if not you would hate ever being born or coming here.

My God...
Why are you angry over the PROGRESS that has been made on that particular railway? Does it matter how the video was gotten? What wont hateful ENEMIES OF PROGRESS like you criticise?

If you dont want to see videos of PROGRESS being made in our country, that is is your business. Many Nigerians who are non-partisan are only interested in PROGRESS. They simply want this railway to begin to function like the Lagos-kano railway that was fixed by this govt. And this govt has so far shown determination to complete Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Railway and we hope this is done on schedule next year so that non-partisan Nigerians can begin to make use of it.

Meanwhile, hateful ENEMIES OF PROGRESS like you, who detest and get angry whenever they read or see video of PROGRESS in our country, can GO AND DIE.

5 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by taharqa: 9:16am On Dec 13, 2013
2s£xy:

My God...
lol grin... 1 Vid, you are already Ranting like a Madt man. Wetin you go do when the plenty load dem land??... Abeg, just stay turn

4 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 13, 2013
fkaz:

Which picture or video you want to post again? Is it the one of 1975 or the one of late 90's that has been constructed? I don't know the difference between what you are saying now and what the minister of transport was saying in 2010 and you are referring it as new. All because you want to sell GEJ

vs
My friend, there is basically no difference between the report you quoted and what the OP stated. That report you quoted was written in Oct 2010. By Oct 2010, GEJ was already President of Nigeria and he continued the projects he inherited from his predecessor. The former minister of transport in that report, targetted a completion period of 2011 but that was not achieved. The expected completion period is now 2014.

2 Likes

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by TechWalker007: 3:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
This is what the media team of GEJ should be doing. Having it on Nairaland is the beginning.
There should be some radical publicity of works going on in various states.

1 Like

Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by OmoTier1(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ozonna:

U expect all this to be done under 3yrs?
I not only expect all these to be done in 3 years, I know it can be done! What is our problem as a nation? We have the money, the people, the resources, so why cant we think and do the right thing?

What is so complex in planning and executing a modern railway project complete with functional railway system? The technology is there, the technical know-how exist within the Nigeria railway corporation, the technical partnership exist, so why cant we sit down and design at least two cross country railway lines in a year, get them completed within three years so that we become THE standard others will follow?

How come when South Africa achieve the same we seems to envy them?
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by taharqa: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
TechWalker007: This is what the media team of GEJ should be doing. Having it on Nairaland is the beginning.
The Media Team of GEJ are a Bunch of Antiquatted Human beings, who do not know their left from their right... If you know how long it too me to get this Vid after watching it on NTA sm months ago, u wud undastad why I am tempted most times to direct curses at them... I am presently gathering more Pics and Vids on very important stuffs happening; but d whole tin has taken a huge chunck of my precious time. They SUCCK Big time, I swear...
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by taharqa: 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I not only expect all these to be done in 3 years, I know it can be done! What is our problem as a nation? We have the money, the people, the resources, so why cant we think and do the right thing?

What is so complex in planning and executing a modern railway project complete with functional railway system? The technology is there, the technical know-how exist within the Nigeria railway corporation, the technical partnership exist, so why cant we sit down and design at least two cross country railway lines in a year, get them completed within three years so that we become THE standard others will follow?

How come when South Africa achieve the same we seems to envy them?
Reali?? 2 Cross-country Rail Lines Planned, Designed and Executed WITHIN 3 YEARS? #youdon'tmeanit. Na where on earth that one don happen, esp with d amount of money to be so expended in a country like Nigeria whose Railways Sector was COMPLETELY COMATOSE 3 years ago??..... Stop making yourself look like a FOOOL just cos of an overaching need to always criticize
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
TechWalker007: This is what the media team of GEJ should be doing. Having it on Nairaland is the beginning.
Dont mind the idiot called Omokri or whatever his name is. The guy is just occupying space as adviser on new media doing almost nothing, except the occasional articles. The guy should be sacked.
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by OmoTier1(m): 10:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
taharqa: Reali?? 2 Cross-country Rail Lines Planned, Designed and Executed WITHIN 3 YEARS? #youdon'tmeanit. Na where on earth that one don happen, esp with d amount of money to be so expended in a country like Nigeria whose Railways Sector was COMPLETELY COMATOSE 3 years ago??..... Stop making yourself look like a FOOOL just cos of an overaching need to always criticize

As an inglorious sycophant, I least expect you to see beyond your nostrils when your pay master is bleeding the country dry of any form of sensibility so He can commandeer an army of ignoramus.
Re: Train Moves In Completed Itakpe-ajaokuta-warri Standard Rail Track (Video) by taharqa: 12:11am On Dec 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

As an inglorious sycophant, I least expect you to see beyond your nostrils when your pay master is bleeding the country dry of any form of sensibility so He can commandeer an army of ignoramus.

Just tell us how all that can be done in 3yrs, and d country that has managed such feats with d resources that we hv?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Faults Economy For Beggarly Attitude Of Gatemen, Security Guards / Buhari Can Preside From Anywhere, Says Oshiomhole / Violence In Plateau State: 13 Killed, 30 Houses Burnt In Berom Villages, Riyom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.