Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,842 members, 7,956,167 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? (1816 Views)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / Exclusive Pictures Of Bishop David Oyedepo In His 4.2 Billion Naira Private Jet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by Rossikk(m): 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
Pls help me out here, I'm really trying to figure out if it's a sin to own private jet, especially if you're a pastor.. Thanks undecided
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by Fynestboi: 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
Not a sin if u get the money from a clean source.
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by Fynestboi: 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
Its just like asking, is buying a car a sin? NO.
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by MANGAM(m): 2:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
When ur members ar walloping in poverty. Some can't eat 3times a day. Many can't afford hospital bills or pay their rents. The church is so suppose to be a refuge to the poor and needy but instead pastors steals fro the poor members. Pastors wit fine houses, private jets, marrying ex beauty queens, luxurious cars, xpensive suits, their kids schooling abroad, oversea medical trips, etc. Pastors are suppose not to even ve bank accounts. Jesus never had a donkey, horse or camel which was for rich those days. Even foood to eat jesus wit His apostle had to beg. They walked distances to preach the gospel. Why ve private Jet or even Jets when u can take a pessenger plane. Why buy a private jet which cost billions when dat money can change d lots of ur members.m

8 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
MANGAM: When ur members ar walloping in poverty. Some can't eat 3times a day. Many can't afford hospital bills or pay their rents. The church is so suppose to be a refuge to the poor and needy but instead pastors steals fro the poor members. Pastors wit fine houses, private jets, marrying ex beauty queens, luxurious cars, xpensive suits, their kids schooling abroad, oversea medical trips, etc. Pastors are suppose not to even ve bank accounts. Jesus never had a donkey, horse or camel which was for rich those days. Even foood to eat jesus wit His apostle had to beg. They walked distances to preach the gospel. Why ve private Jet or even Jets when u can take a pessenger plane. Why buy a private jet which cost billions when dat money can change d lots of ur members.m

Well said
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by Gabreal1(m): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
MANGAM: When ur members ar walloping in poverty. Some can't eat 3times a day. Many can't afford hospital bills or pay their rents. The church is so suppose to be a refuge to the poor and needy but instead pastors steals fro the poor members. Pastors wit fine houses, private jets, marrying ex beauty queens, luxurious cars, xpensive suits, their kids schooling abroad, oversea medical trips, etc. Pastors are suppose not to even ve bank accounts. Jesus never had a donkey, horse or camel which was for rich those days. Even foood to eat jesus wit His apostle had to beg. They walked distances to preach the gospel. Why ve private Jet or even Jets when u can take a pessenger plane. Why buy a private jet which cost billions when dat money can change d lots of ur members.m
I don't exactly agree wit you. Because jesus didn't have a donkey doesn't mean pastors shouldn't have jets. Jesus died on the cross, should oda pastors die on the cross too? With wat you have said, your claim is dat no rich pastor is a true follower of Christ.
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by texanomaly(f): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2013
Gab-real:
I don't exactly agree wit you. Because jesus didn't have a donkey doesn't mean pastors shouldn't have jets. Jesus died on the cross, should oda pastors die on the cross too? With wat you have said, your claim is dat no rich pastor is a true follower of Christ.

You totally ignored the important part of Logicboys post.
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
It is definitely not a SIN to own a Private Jet.. 4 even especially if you are a Pastor. it is only a SIN when it meets the following conditions

1: Your Church spends billions yearly fueling your Jet and give less than 1% of that to Flood Victims (after much cries of outrage by the common people whose mite grows your purse)

2: You ignore the example set by Jesus Christ when he walked on water to save on boat fares and rode a donkey instead of a Golden Chariot.

3: You proudly boast that your God is a Rich God who has blessed you richly yet you have faithful members of your congregation who have every Yearly Camp Sticker from 2007 to 2013 pasted on their faithful Ford Windstar, faithfully worshiping the same Rich God who cannot change their fortunes.

That is about it

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2013

What are they doing with a jet in the first place if not for greed pushed by unhealthy competition among them?
They claim they are spreading the gospel to Europe, America, Japan etc and I used to think they were actually converting the indigenes of those countries but alas you'll only find only their tribal people(Africans) in those so called 2000 branches outside Nigeria.

Why cant the other pastors in those countries run the churches and report to you.
There is nothing wrong with visiting once in a while or don't you trust your own pastors?

Another problem with jet acquisition is that the high cos of maintenance adds to the overhead cost of running a church which in turn makes a pastor very desperate for tithes and donations at the expense of holiness message.

I even saw a caption on a news which reads "no tithe no wedding" but I don't know if its true but I wont be surprised if it is

Check out this post from a church member:

kufre2010: I have been following this man for sometime now. He always place emphasis on tithing in most of his preaching as if u will die if u don't do it or u will be punish for not tithing so tithing now is not voluntary as it is recorded in the bible? In one of his parish one time ago in Eket Akwa Ibom State the pastor then make it compulsory that members give 20% instead of the usual %10.In-fact my father is a Sunday school teacher in another parish he was complaining why the church should contemplate member suspending a member because he did not pay tithe out of the money of a contract that he won. I just think this thing is getting out of hand.

Seek you first the kingdom of God and his righteousness..... has now bn replaced with "no tithe, no blessing"

Making the most high/most merciful God look like all he wants is bribe. Bribe him or no blessing for you.haba
God forbid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by macof(m): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2013
Gab-real:

Isn't Jesus the iconic role model of Christians?
If Jesus is still alive would he be flying private jets?

All of our pastors will be rejected by Jesus on judgment day
For not following his example
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:03am On Dec 13, 2013
If you are practising judaism and believe in the prophets. You can emulate David and his son Solomon. Jesus is equivalent to poverty. Those that follows Jesus are not expected to have house, allowed to ride on rented or borrowed car, they must spend the night with friends so that he gives you food......carry your cross so that we kill you.

Op....who do you choose...DAVID OR JESUS?
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by mayim(m): 1:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
I agree with u dat many pastors are taking it to the extreme.but for what its worth,there is nothing wrong in a pastor owning a private jet. Read 2corinthians 8:9'jesus was rich bt for our sakes he became poor that we might be rich'.It is an erroneous conception for a christain to think wealth and riches is off limits for him/her. There ar so many promises in the bible for us believers and riches is an integral part of those promises. Most of dese ppl that attack wealthy men of God,ask them if they would lyk to wallow in poverty,am sure there answers would be no...so it is men of God that should be poor right??..God has not called us into poverty but into glory. Abraham was a friend of God and he was wealthy,how much more we that are sons of God!!!...God bless us
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by macof(m): 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
mayim:
I agree with u dat many pastors are taking it to the extreme.but for what its worth,there is nothing wrong in a pastor owning a private jet. Read 2corinthians 8:9'jesus was rich bt for our sakes he became poor that we might be rich'.It is an erroneous conception for a christain to think wealth and riches is off limits for him/her. There ar so many promises in the bible for us believers and riches is an integral part of those promises. Most of dese ppl that attack wealthy men of God,ask them if they would lyk to wallow in poverty,am sure there answers would be no...so it is men of God that should be poor right??..God has not called us into poverty but into glory. Abraham was a friend of God and he was wealthy,how much more we that are sons of God!!!...God bless us

2Corinthian 8:9 is a complete lie.

Where was Yeshua rich? Unless he isn't the one Paul was talking about

I mean Paul never even knew him personally
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

You have just made a valid point, Paul's Gospels should be in the old testament not the new cos they were before the birth of christ
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by mayim(m): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

2timothy 3:16 says all scripture is given by d inspiration of God,don't u tink its blasphemy to say a scripture is a complete lie? Anyways, Jesus came as God in human form,wot paul meant was initially before He came to earth,he had everything,riches and wealth but he came to earth and was poor so that we might be rich!!! Its dat simple but christains have been deceived by erroneous doctrines that as a follower of christ u have to be poor. Pls read your bible line by line and digest every detail through the help of the holy spirit. God bless us....and to the person that said paul's scriptures should be in the old testament,wao! Dats d funniest tin av eva heard. Paul's books brings out the true essence of salvation, it sharpens our faith in christ jesus...as my pastor would say 'read your bible and be wise'
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by macof(m): 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
voltron:

You have just made a valid point, Paul's Gospels should be in the old testament not the new cos they were before the birth of christ

U are wrong.

Paul's books were written over 50yrs after Jesus.

Paul was still a kid when Jesus died
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by macof(m): 7:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
mayim:
2timothy 3:16 says all scripture is given by d inspiration of God,don't u tink its blasphemy to say a scripture is a complete lie? Anyways, Jesus came as God in human form,wot paul meant was initially before He came to earth,he had everything,riches and wealth but he came to earth and was poor so that we might be rich!!! Its dat simple but christains have been deceived by erroneous doctrines that as a follower of christ u have to be poor. Pls read your bible line by line and digest every detail through the help of the holy spirit. God bless us....and to the person that said paul's scriptures should be in the old testament,wao! Dats d funniest tin av eva heard. Paul's books brings out the true essence of salvation, it sharpens our faith in christ jesus...as my pastor would say 'read your bible and be wise'

blaspheme is not wat I do.

Even u agree Paul was spewing thrash

Since u like believing Myths of humans dropping from the sky and turning from God to man.

I dare not see u condemn the notion that Oduduwa was a God who came to leave among men and rule the Yoruba

Or that Sango died, resurrected and ascended to heaven to sit on a throne in heaven
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by MANGAM(m): 7:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
The issue here is that as a pastor u ve plenty to eat and drink and ur members ar dying in poverty. Pastors living large like politicians even moving with armed bodyguards and using bullet proof cars. Churches ve now bcome part of the estates that can be inherited by their wives and children. I remembered how to contributed immensly for a church to start a private university. Our parents gave all they had for the university to take off thinking it will be affordable but when this university took off the fees are not within there reach. Pastors and churches ar all concern abt prosperity and forgetting abt winning souls for heaven. Please let's stop deceiving urselves.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by POPEII: 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
Most CEOs own jets , so there's nothing with those pastors owning jets, because what you call churches are actually business ventures with the so called pastors as CEOs.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by mayim(m): 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

blaspheme is not wat I do.

Even u agree Paul was spewing thrash

Since u like believing Myths of humans dropping from the sky and turning from God to man.

I dare not see u condemn the notion that Oduduwa was a God who came to leave among men and rule the Yoruba

Or that Sango died, resurrected and ascended to heaven to sit on a throne in heaven
Wao!...am speechless,not because I don't know wot to say bt I don't kno whr to start...it is well. I pray God will open the eyes of our hearts.God bless u
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by mayim(m): 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
MANGAM: The issue here is that as a pastor u ve plenty to eat and drink and ur members ar dying in poverty. Pastors living large like politicians even moving with armed bodyguards and using bullet proof cars. Churches ve now bcome part of the estates that can be inherited by their wives and children. I remembered how to contributed immensly for a church to start a private university. Our parents gave all they had for the university to take off thinking it will be affordable but when this university took off the fees are not within there reach. Pastors and churches ar all concern abt prosperity and forgetting abt winning souls for heaven. Please let's stop deceiving urselves.
U are right,am not disputing dat. A pastor owning a jet when members are impoverished is totally decadent and far from what true gospel stipulates. But my point is owning a jet is not a sin on its own,either by a pastor or whoever.but ppl ar quick to judge and the bible warns us about that. peace
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by macof(m): 10:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
mayim:
Wao!...am speechless,not because I don't know wot to say bt I don't kno whr to start...it is well. I pray God will open the eyes of our hearts.God bless u
Pls leave this thread if you have no sensible point
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by Gabreal1(m): 10:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:
Pls leave this thread if you have no sensible point
He made his point, he doesn't know where to begin. . .datz his point.
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by mayim(m): 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Gab-real:
He made his point, he doesn't know where to begin. . .datz his point.
Well,for a 'believer' that did 'well' enough to disapprove the fact that God came and dwell with us in human form as jesus, where do u tink I'd start with such a person. comparing jesus' coming to earth to sango and oduduwa. I tink we shdnt see NL as a forum for winning arguments or showcasing eloquence. Why not sit down with your bible and read up those verses I gave. U neva even mentioned one verse of the bible but u were swift to counter all d points and even using such preposterous comparism. Yes,I don't know whr to start with u. God bless us
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by Spotless180(m): 11:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
To me pastor can buy a jet but let there be no poor member in his church. Cos if there is that pastor need deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by mayim(m): 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
Spotless180: To me pastor can buy a jet but let there be no poor member in his church. Cos if there is that pastor need deliverance.
Oh oh!...God bless u o spotless...
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by macof(m): 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
mayim:
Well,for a 'believer' that did 'well' enough to disapprove the fact that God came and dwell with us in human form as jesus, where do u tink I'd start with such a person. comparing jesus' coming to earth to sango and oduduwa. I tink we shdnt see NL as a forum for winning arguments or showcasing eloquence. Why not sit down with your bible and read up those verses I gave. U neva even mentioned one verse of the bible but u were swift to counter all d points and even using such preposterous comparism. Yes,I don't know whr to start with u. God bless us

undecided u have a problem with me comparing.myths together?

the Oduduwa story isn't even a myth but scientifically proven fact.

So wats ur point
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by mayim(m): 11:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

undecided u have a problem with me comparing.myths together?

the Oduduwa story isn't even a myth but scientifically proven fact.

So wats ur point
I would make my point clear after you do me a big favour by answering dis questn.
Are u a christain? And do u bliv in d death and resurrection of jesus?
And d comparism isn't the only thing I wrote about, give thought to other salient points I made in respect to studying your bible.
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by MANGAM(m): 7:32am On Dec 14, 2013
That's the point my brother I am trying to make all this while.
Spotless180: To me pastor can buy a jet but let there be no poor member in his church. Cos if there is that pastor need deliverance.
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by asam7(f): 7:48am On Dec 14, 2013
It is not a sin to own a private jet but it is a sign to deceive people with lies just to get there money to buy a private jet.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by macof(m): 9:01am On Dec 14, 2013
mayim:
I would make my point clear after you do me a big favour by answering dis questn.
Are u a christain? And do u bliv in d death and resurrection of jesus?
And d comparism isn't the only thing I wrote about, give thought to other salient points I made in respect to studying your bible.

I am not Christian.

And I know a myth when I see one
Re: Is It A Sin To Own A Private Jet? by mayim(m): 9:28am On Dec 14, 2013
macof:

I am not Christian.

And I know a myth when I see one
Well, that's my cue. Peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secret Of Midnight Praise / Reverend Lee Stoneking Shares How Jesus Raised Him From The Dead At The UN / Be Careful Of The Kind Of Anointing Oil You Buy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.