Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem (19385 Views)

Some Common Misconceptions Nigerians Have About Other Nigerians. / Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! / Why Do Nigerians Have A Problem With Self Disclosure? Blame it on the witches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

My whole family speaks Fulfulde which is the Fulani tongue quite fluently.

Seriously I can't keep wasting my time, you either have comprehension problems or you're in denial.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by GooseBaba: 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: you are a very very re.tarded ungrateful piece of s.hit and I as a black man do not like arrogant rebellious people like you. I prefer uncle tom educated,conservative,studious blacks .
simply because the white man granted you visa and you became enlightened and you are talking rubbish. thats why Black societies are backward because of such arrogance and false pride, In fact thats why the whites are racist towards s.tupid blacks . who wants to have anything to do with an illiterate gangster or backward people? do you see whites being racist to Japanese ?

Hold up... Hold up....guy read wetin you write..... you carry chest write this nicompoop.... so you and your ancestors gained enlightenment through oyinbo visa or colonization..?

You lack the brain power to analyze data and critically identify the struggles that plagues the Africa continent. Only a donkey with low self esteem would see blacks as Backwards.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 13, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
Adamskuty: quite shocked this is coming from the self acclaim black jews,lol grin

you dont see me claiming what i'm not or try to associate myself with people that dont even know i exist.

On the other hand,ur kind are claiming lost tribe of isrea,jews e.t.c even though you guys cant back ur claim with proof,it's quite shameful seeing those who you claim wont want to associate with ur kind .

Btw,do u have an isreal flag? grin

When you grow up then maybe we could talk.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
Eneze1:

What about the other remaining 10% are they not Nigerians? and btw how does Nigerians think?

I don talk my own.....hear or die! undecided
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: do these group of People and culture look like they'll be exploring space or inventing a telephone and laptop or telescope soon? these people are dancing on top of Diamonds ,oil and Gold and don't even know it or care to know. they sacrifice little babies and kill twins. anyone can chop of your head with machete and there's no investigation or anything.

Embracing ,adopting and implementing positive western culture does not mean you have a low self esteem,it means that you are intelligent enough to know what is better and what is not.Although some of the Nigerian traditional food are good but most of the african traditions and way of life are backward.

your way of thinking is shallow....all humans were once primitive! Some merely evolved sooner than the others.

Whether we were colonized or not, we would've evolved! In a better way actually (if we were not colonized).....we won't have to copy others, we would develop our own ways of doing things to suit our society.

Ethopia was never colonized, are they still primitive? Mehn...dumb people plenty for this world.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Yemlizzy(f): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
You very right Op,most Nigerians are victims of inferiority complex and they are so used to the idea of them coming after the whites. Its so common for Nigerians to feel like Europeans "wanna be's" by trying to mimic them in all spheres of life, which fails in the long run!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by GooseBaba: 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: do these group of People and culture look like they'll be exploring space or inventing a telephone soon? these people are dancing on top of Diamonds ,oil and Gold and don't even know it or care to know.

Embracing ,adopting and implementing positive western culture does not mean you have a low self esteem,it means that you are intelligent enough to know what is better and what is not.

You are not thinking critically...... how did your ancestors gain knowledge about head surgery, herbal medicines fire or agriculture? Was it not through exploration..? or would you say oyinbo enlightened them. Therefore, you cannot come up with present day Africa and conclude that we never had explorers. Nonetheless, how can one explore when the answers are either brought to them or they don't have the blessings of the elders or ruling councils e.g (politicians, economic strife, greed, unstable government, uncle Tom blacks in power soaked with inferiority complex)

Present day African economy are always waiting for guidance from foreign economy. You cannot judge our ancestors that fought invaders with their own self made weapons won battles but lost the war. With present day Africans that have to wait for confirmation from their oppressors/invaders before they can drink water...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
speedyboi:

your way of thinking is shallow....all humans were once primitive! Some merely evolved sooner than the others.

Whether we were colonized or not, we would've evolved! In a better way actually (if we were not colonized).....we won't have to copy others, we would develop our own ways of doing things to suit our society.

Ethopia was never colonized, are they still primitive? Mehn...dumb people plenty for this world.

You don't know zip about evolution, so just don't go there, they didn't evolve sooner than us they are not smarter or better they were just more exposed to other cultures, that enable them to grow.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Thomsbuky(m): 8:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198: The constant selling out of culture in favour of European culture, the favouritism of European languages on this forum is enough to implicate how lost most Nigerians on this forum are.

I do salute a few people though like Odumchi, Macof, Bigfrancis who keep it real with their culture and are not selling out their culture in favour of another.

You see many threads for Portuguese learning, German learning, Spanish learning, etc however there is a huge lack of African language threads. What exactly does German for example have to do with Nigerian culture. This is a disgrace. Everyone wants to be like everyone else with no pride in who they are. Even Ajuran, has more pride in who he is more so than the Nigerians here.

Your assumption that Nigeria learning other culture languages have low esteem is absolutely flaw. I don't know where you get your fact to back this claim?. However, even in Europe, America and Asia countries colleges student are encourage to learn at least two foreign language in their final GSCE ( WEAC) foreign languages in school like mandarin, french germans and english etc. take for instance if you are able to speak Mandarin china language, you stand better chance going to china for business, holiday, relates to local in their language. it help booster good relationship, business dealing and learning other people cultures....Are you telling me this is low and Bad Esteem? Language bring people together, e.g. I am able to speak Hausa and Igbo language it help me to relates better with Hausa and igbo people and cultures....In those day we are told to learn (WASOBIA) language, if our government are serious, should have make it compulsory in our colleges to do one or two of these language in final (WAEC) examination. it would have help us more to learn more about other people cultures toward one Nigeria we are craving for.. In my own opinion learning other culture language does implied low esteem its quite opposite, it give you an advantage over those who did not.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by neohitler(m): 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

I just find it disgraceful to learn a language that won't benefit them especially if that country does not like them. Since when have Germans liked Nigerians? Since when have the Portuguese liked Nigerians? It just seems like major inferiority complex.
Rubbish,Germans don't like monkeys,sorry blacks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by GooseBaba: 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: you are obviously retarded. What would Nigeria have evolved into other than what the Europeans introduced? would they have stopped killing of twins,tribal warfare and slavery,would they be building Highways ,highschool and mid century homes with garden like one below?

Guy you are really shallow...... was it the whites that brought your ancestors traditional clothes and jewelry? NO...!!!!! For you to come and proclaim that we wear jeans and suits today if not for the white man...you forget that we already had a platform that we can build on from medicine, schools, houses and roads ..but today due to inferiority complex we have people like you....

Also, when you talk about killing Of twins, tribal wars and slavery you make it sound as if these acts were only peculiar to Africans...Guy try use small brain power....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by GentleFrank(m): 9:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
... Excluding me !
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
wallflower:

You don't know zip about evolution, so just don't go there, they didn't evolve sooner than us they are not smarter or better they were just more exposed to other cultures, that enable them to grow.

So what happened sooner? They retrogressed sooner? I didn't say they were smarter or better!
Go back and read my post properly! undecided

mind you! I wasn't refering to the literal meaning human evolution oooo grin grin...Because I know some people no dey read with intelligence cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: you are obviously retarded. What would Nigeria have evolved into other than what the Europeans introduced? would they have stopped killing of twins,tribal warfare and slavery,would they be building Highways ,highschool and mid century homes with garden like one below?
Even until this day there's still construction,repair,maintenance,research and new ways to deal with societal problems etc going on in developed nations ,Nations are building modern cities or upgrading existing cities while having to deal with influx of dirty ignorant third world immigrants and yet this OP is typing this rubbish here.
The white man has globalize the world and provided you with ideas and tools,they discovered oil,diamond etc ,so why cant Nigeria take advantage and develop Nigeria instead of coming here to type rubbish? what will Nigeria do when the oil runs out.

Why do I even bother?
Take care smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: There's nothing to be proud about outdated Nigerian cultures ,most African cultures and traditions are backward and incompatible with first world development and progress. embrace the truth and it will set you free. I encourage Nigerians to adopt only the positive american and european and japanese culture.

https://www.nairaland.com/1553751/how-build-nigeria#20186735

This are the kind of people that destroy and betray their Nations.

there are two possible end for this guys life

1. he commits suicide and leaves his family devastated

2. He becomes a killer in his community, ends up dead by hanging

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Arosa(m): 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
They say monkey see monkey do, but this monkey do not want to learn, why? undecided
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: Black people are a very s.tupid people honestly,Only black people make these s.tupid thread and oppose progress. The japanese borrowed and embraced the positive white culture but black people are still yapping about slavery and colonization.
is it not the white that drilled and discovered the oil in Nigeria? where would Nigeria be without European influence? when the oil runs out you can continue to blame the white man who have lifted weight off nigeria by granting visa to millions of Nigerians for a better.without europeans how would nigerians communicate?
who stopped killing of twins? who invented mechanized farming and cities as we have them today? who is exploring space?

For a man who just registered yesterday, I think u would learn a lot from people who much more enlightened on NL.

You seem like a.one bigot Ukrainian friend I had, he kept calling "blacks" with much disrespect and hate just like u.

he died 3 months ago on his way back to Nigeria(where he works)

The forces of "The black" caught up with him

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: you are a very very re.tarded ungrateful piece of s.hit and I as a black man do not like arrogant resistant people like you. I prefer uncle tom educated,conservative,studious blacks .
simply because the white man granted you visa and you became enlightened and you are talking rubbish. thats why Black societies are backward because of such arrogance and false pride, In fact thats why the whites are racist towards s.tupid blacks . who wants to have anything to do with an illiterate gangster or backward people? do you see whites being racist to Japanese or studious black people like Will Smith ?
Instead of you to shut up and help build Nigeria into international standard you are coming here to type this rubbish.what an incompetent fool.

As fulaman said before.....low self esteem..unless u are not "black" u know how you would end up

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by GooseBaba: 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
macof:

This are the kind of people that destroy and betray their Nations.

there are two possible end for this guys life

1. he commits suicide and leaves his family devastated

2. He becomes a killer in his community, ends up dead by hanging

Ha!!!!!! Bros you mean this guy is high on inferiority complex mixed with ancestral catch 22.....you need to beg the Gods on his behalf... grin grin
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: I am black ,what makes you think my background is not nigerian? is it because you do not like to hear the ugly truth?
Are African cultures progressive and encourage first world development?
is Nigeria not a backward society?
wasn't it whites that discovered the oil?
isn't the official language of Nigeria a white language?
can't Nigeria learn and implement the positive western culture?
Is nigeria not corrupt?
would you accept the truth if you know that i'm nigerian?

Wat are the truths exactly?

That u have mental disorder
Your childhood was messed up

Nigeria is not western.

We are Africans.

I don't really have much time to talk to u as I don't even have the littlest of pity for ur life

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: you don't even know me or ever seen me,you know nothing about me yet you open your stinking arrogant Nigerian mouth and talk about me. without my tax money and vote you would be rotting in a nigerian village. you should shut up and listen attentively to everything I say because its very important.

I know enough.

When last did u take ur medications?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 10:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: you are a very very re.tarded ungrateful piece of s.hit and I as a black man do not like arrogant resistant people like you. I prefer uncle tom educated,conservative,studious blacks .
simply because the white man granted you visa and you became enlightened and you are talking rubbish. thats why Black societies are backward because of such arrogance and false pride, In fact thats why the whites are racist towards s.tupid blacks . who wants to have anything to do with an illiterate gangster or backward people? do you see whites being racist to Japanese or studious black people like Will Smith ?
Instead of you to shut up and help build Nigeria into international standard you are coming here to type this rubbish.what an incompetent fool.

If you like being a sell-out that's fine. However, if you want to use profane language again, I will be more than happy to ban you :-) you can get your point across without guttersnipe remarks you know.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 10:09pm On Dec 13, 2013
Yemlizzy: You very right Op,most Nigerians are victims of inferiority complex and they are so used to the idea of them coming after the whites. Its so common for Nigerians to feel like Europeans "wanna be's" by trying to mimic them in all spheres of life, which fails in the long run!

It is a sad shame my dear
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: All I see on this website is " how to get a Swedish Visa" "procedure on how to give birth in U.S" "Canada Visa application" "Visa Lottery"
you ungrateful hypocrites!!

I am not interested in such Rubbish. I am only interested in preserving Nigerian and African tradition.

If everyone in this world were the same and acted the same, then it would be a very boring world. Haba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Emirati Singing Yoruba Praise And Worship In His Shop In Dubai. / Oluwo Of Iwo, Adewale Akanbi, Dancing (Photos, Video) / You're Missing Alot If You've Never Dated An Akwa Ibom Girl(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.