Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem (19392 Views)

Some Common Misconceptions Nigerians Have About Other Nigerians. / Nigerians Have Very High Self Esteem! / Why Do Nigerians Have A Problem With Self Disclosure? Blame it on the witches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Arosa(m): 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2013
About a hundred years ago the north of Nigeria was more civilized than the southern part but why is it that the reverse is the case today? I tell you why, it's their so called "high self-esteem"

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 10:22pm On Dec 13, 2013
Arosa: About a hundred years ago the north of Nigeria was more civilized than the southern part but why is it that the reverse is the case today?

Things are constantly changing. One can't say that the North will have its present issues forever.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Arosa(m): 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

Things are constantly changing. One can't say that the North will have its present issues forever.

where will that change come from, if you think it's wrong to learn from others(foreign).

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
Arosa:

where will that change come from, if you think it's wrong to learn from others(foreign).

There's a difference between learning and utterly copying everything that isn't you. Whatever happened to originality? Whatever happened to being oneself

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Adamskuty(m): 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
5megabyte: OP if u are very proud of ur culture u shouldn't have gone to school, u should have stayed in ur father's house and disregard those u consider inferior that go to school.
loool! I guess u think westerners are the founders of education grin hmm,nawa for nigerians oo grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Adamskuty(m): 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mtcheeeeeew! Fulaman have started with his hiding of post again oo.

Someone said muhammed is the founder of islam and i was trying to prove him wrong only for my post to get hidden,nawa o
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Arosa(m): 10:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
Fulaman198:

There's a difference between learning and utterly copying everything that isn't you. Whatever happened to originality? Whatever happened to being oneself

Well we don't have to copy everything but we can copy things that can be good for us. Originality is irrelevant if it's useless.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Adamskuty(m): 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
Promhize:

When you grow up then maybe we could talk.
okay when u grow up ba? No proooobiiiilem grin
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by kingston277(m): 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
Arosa: About a hundred years ago the north of Nigeria was more civilized than the southern part but why is it that the reverse is the case today? I tell you why, it's their so called "high self-esteem"
In what way was the north more civilized? Because they had mud roofs? undecided
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PopeXanderVII: 11:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
Why is Scorpionking being Demonized? He made some very good Points. West Africa has always been Some-what developed, we had the Benin Kingdom and several others in West-Africa. The Only Problem was that we were cut off from other Parts of the World, most importantly China. West Africa would have been at the same level of advancement as the West and South east Asia. if we started intercontinental Trading Early.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 11:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
Adamskuty: loool! I guess u think westerners are the founders of education grin hmm,nawa for nigerians oo grin grin

Lol grin

Before The English knew wat was clothes, Kemetians and Kushites have been into mechanism and teaching their kids history, spirituality(profound science), cultural heritage and language
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
Arosa:

Well we don't have to copy everything but we can copy things that can be good for us. Originality is irrelevant if it's useless.

Can we have a list of these things u think we should copy

And what region we should copy from?
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by GooseBaba: 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pope Xander VII: Why is Scorpionking being Demonized? He made some very good Points. West Africa has always been Some-what developed, we had the Benin Kingdom and several others in West-Africa. The Only Problem was that we were cut off from other Parts of the World, most importantly China. West Africa would have been at the same level of advancement as the West and South east Asia. if we started intercontinental Trading Early.

He made good points in BAD TASTE.... and packaged it as the truth.... no one is denying our present situation as Africans... but the way he goes about making his point is utterly shallow, misleading and soaked with the stench of inferiority complex..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by kingston277(m): 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pope Xander VII: Why is Scorpionking being Demonized? He made some very good Points. West Africa has always been Some-what developed, we had the Benin Kingdom and several others in West-Africa.

So you are all knowing about Africa's pre-colonial development even though it has been poorly excavated. 5 years ago nobody though African had the wheel until old pics had to be dug up by historians.

Pope Xander VII: The Only Problem was that we were cut off from other Parts of the World, most importantly China. West Africa would have been at the same level of advancement as the West and South east Asia. if we started intercontinental Trading Early.

Have you not heard of the trans-saharan trade routes?
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1544427/seun-want-pagan-traditionalist-mod

Support the motion.

Pagan MOD Needed on Religion section

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by LajaLaba: 11:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
No doubt the OP must be an illiterate

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 11:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
Pope Xander VII: Why is Scorpionking being Demonized? He made some very good Points. West Africa has always been Some-what developed, we had the Benin Kingdom and several others in West-Africa. The Only Problem was that we were cut off from other Parts of the World, most importantly China. West Africa would have been at the same level of advancement as the West and South east Asia. if we started intercontinental Trading Early.

Chinese ancestors were the oldest to wat u would call "civilization" and "development"
Dating far back as over 500,000yrs ago by Homo Erectus

China wasn't known to the outside world until around 50AD
Quick Exposure is not the thing

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Sam32(m): 11:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
Adamskuty: haha grin

i saw the thread, "learn german here,something like that" grin

i don't even have time to waste in learning other nigerian languages talkless of a foriegn one. Godforbid grin

it's definatly a sign of inferiority complex.

The time i will take a look at german or portugese is when i see a thread made by germans saying "learn hausa/igbo or yoruba" grin (which will never happen thou)

#this is really stewpid!! Is learning another language a sign of inferiority complex. Gosh! @OP u obviously dnt knw d importance of learning a foreign language, so jxt keep quiet. U nd d cow rearing sidekick adamsky shld av a rethink concerning wot language means!! U r jst :|

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PopeXanderVII: 12:25am On Dec 14, 2013
Sam32:

#this is really stewpid!! Is learning another language a sign of inferiority complex. Gosh! @OP u obviously dnt knw d importance of learning a foreign language, so jxt keep quiet. U nd d cow rearing sidekick adamsky shld av a rethink concerning wot language means!! U r jst :|

cheesy

I agree with you. The OP didn't think through this Thread. What i'll call inferiority complex is when Nigerians classify a person as illiterate just because he/she has a poor grasp on English. I see no problem with an Individual with little to no formal education( or any individual what so ever) speaking just his/her Tribal Language.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PopeXanderVII: 12:31am On Dec 14, 2013
macof:

Chinese ancestors were the oldest to wat u would call "civilization" and "development"
Dating far back as over 500,000yrs ago by Homo Erectus

China wasn't known to the outside world until around 50AD
Quick Exposure is not the thing

Not necessarily Quick exposure but absence of pre-colonial Trade with Countries across the Atlantic.

That's all History though, nothing we can do to change that. What we should concentrate on now(this Modern Age) is the development of our Economy into a More Capitalist Economy. We have seen From the Past few decades that Capitalism= Growth.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PopeXanderVII: 12:36am On Dec 14, 2013
kingston277:

So you are all knowing about Africa's pre-colonial development even though it has been poorly excavated. 5 years ago nobody though African had the wheel until old pics had to be dug up by historians.

Have you not heard of the trans-saharan trade routes?

I almost forgot about that. Thanks.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:23am On Dec 14, 2013
Scorpionking: do these group of People and culture look like they'll be exploring space or inventing a telephone and laptop or telescope soon? these people are dancing on top of Diamonds ,oil and Gold and don't even know it or care to know. they sacrifice little babies and kill twins. anyone can chop of your head with machete and there's no investigation or anything.

Embracing ,adopting and implementing positive western culture does not mean you have a low self esteem,it means that you are intelligent enough to know what is better and what is not.Although some of the Nigerian traditional food are good but most of the african traditions and way of life are backward.

The question is. Do they need to explore space , invent telephone/telesscope, etc.?

Or do they continue with their simple , uncomplicate and relatively happy/content lifestyles. .
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 14, 2013
How does learning all the backyard languages of Nigeria help me establish an INTERNATIONAL business? One can only learn so many languages before one reaches their quota. It only makes sense to capitalize on learning the most profitable languages.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Fulaman198(m): 7:01am On Dec 14, 2013
Laja Laba: No doubt the OP must be an illiterate

You must be talking about yourself. Let me know when you can make a proper sentence.
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 7:35am On Dec 14, 2013
Scorpionking: you mean to tell me that killing of twins,tribalism,kidnapping and ritual killings are a simple,uncomplicated,happy lifestyle? why are you using electricity and computer to type your comment? aren't you a dumb black hypocrite? I don't know who grant Visas to ungrateful i.diots but I know that I would do it differently if I were in position of power. you should stay in your ugly little village and practice ritual killing and witchcraft .no one needs you in developed nations.
you are a waste of my precious time,my effort here is futile,I will delete my comments and profile and move on with my life. Nigeria is doomed and should just be nuked

This guy is really backward and probably living a 17th century life in calabar
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 14, 2013
Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by Yemlizzy(f): 8:19am On Dec 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

It is a sad shame my dear
Like seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by ddeola: 8:38am On Dec 14, 2013
Bros, you are absolutely wrong. The fact that you are learning or speaking other languages doesn't make you lose your self esteem, it boosts your self-confidence instead.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Have Very Low Self-esteem by macof(m): 10:07am On Dec 14, 2013
Scorpionking:
if you do not like western stuff then move to your village with your high self esteem. self employ your self if you dont want to work for whites,indians and chinese.

undecided you think I am like u who works as house boy for Chinese and Indians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Emirati Singing Yoruba Praise And Worship In His Shop In Dubai. / Oluwo Of Iwo, Adewale Akanbi, Dancing (Photos, Video) / Similarities Between Yoruba And Bini (edo) Dancers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.