Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South (25733 Views)

Saraki:To Hell With Morality, Senate Tells Nigerians / Reward Amaechi For His Courageous Support, North Tells Buhari / IMF To FG : Dont Waste Your Oil Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 11:49pm On Aug 20, 2008
Abeg deepzone ask that silly little thing

Naaa, she's a sweet heart.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by agaba123(m): 11:55pm On Aug 20, 2008
DeepZone:

Naaa, she's a sweet heart.
Ok ask that sweet heart
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by AloyEmeka9: 12:02am On Aug 21, 2008
One topic, 18 pages. Wetin una dey discuss?

Since Awusa people told the south to go to hell, rice,garri,beans,ji,akpu,mmanu everything don add money for market. Abeg, awusa no vexoooooo. I need my tomato unless una wan make we divert our business to Burkina faso. Remember, Obasanjo almost closed down the middle belt beans industry and facilitate importation from Burkina faso.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 1:03am On Aug 21, 2008
To hell with their TUWO. Which rice? Na north dey produce rice? when? India supplies Nigeria with rice abeg.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by 4Play(m): 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2008
Here is Pat Utomi's interesting take on the issue:
You do no have to be a genius to tell that what happened was that soldiers who had political power and were predominantly more Northern saw Oil revenues and wanted to get more to their part of the country thought he instrumentality of fiscal transfers. Net result, the North got more and became poorer. Why? Simple. The incentives were scramble for power and appropriate as much of the unearned receipts as possible. How do politicians who have appropriated money not earned spend it? Like people who have won the lottery. They often return to poverty. In the meanwhile more and more revenues are going to recurrent expenditure to meet the needs of these politicians and the bureaucracies they create than build infrastructure that open opportunities for growth.

Go to the North East and see cities that boomed more with the arrival of good roads that have since died because the infrastructure has deteriorated and collapsed. Do we remember the rise and fall of Numan (part of the Numan - Biu highway). So when I see people from the Niger Delta agitate for more, not to maintain a principle but to get more, I fear the same 'gold rush' effect that pauperized the North. This is why I celebrated Rotimi Amaechi's job creation and empowerment initiative as a way of building a generation that seeks to create wealth as against those waiting for their share who will more quickly turn to kidnapping for ransom. The voracity thesis of the scramble for unearned income, the reason for many of Africa's civil wars is still alive in our midst.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/21/44.html
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by alarainey(m): 10:17am On Aug 24, 2008
Racism lurks unhindered in our country.
Ingrained in the hearts, souls, thoughts and actions of every race.

That is it. It will not change.
Figure this into your equations when making your power plays as you climb in your various endeavours in Modern Nigeria.

Shikena
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by frontliner: 1:03pm On Aug 24, 2008
Localization of resources is the answer. What is progress to the AREWA may not necessarily be to the Southerners. I agree with Prof Utomi that the human resources that have been developed in the South-South should acquire entrepreneural skills also. We should produce more goods and services that will make our area "Develop". National policies need local input and acceptance to make it work. DFRRi NAPEP Green Revolution were launched nationwide. While some of the Northerners became big farmers and exporters, the Southerners remain stuck in bureaucratic endeavours retiring to CONSULTANT roles.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by KojoAseda(m): 3:22am On Aug 26, 2008
Many of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Resorting to ethnic hatred has never been fruitful or intelligent. Your government and their love affair with multinational oil companies are the ones who are really the ones who are at fault. Shell and ExxonMobil have always been about "divide and conquer."
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by prince8319(m): 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2008
i dont think the problem with Nigeria is seperation, our problems are dose thiefs, sorry politicians who has failed 2 carry out thier duty,
Their is surfering in evry part of the country, the national treasure is in the hands of few, while the masses surfer,  lets shield our swords, come 2geder and plan how to move these country forward.
How can a state devlop, wen a thief, sorry governor recieves more dan 20billion in a month and doesnt do anything with de money he recieves, rather he transfers the funds into his private account,
Lets take the fight 2 dem, lets dont live d politics of dis country 2 de old men, dey have delt wit us enof, we need young and active men and women 2 take over the helms of affairs of dis great nation,
enof is enof,
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by SaiSaraki(m): 9:01am On Nov 13, 2008
DRANOEL, you are not well inform, i spent some of youthful days in ilorin, kwara. we went to school with some of this people children you listed. I would tell you this because a yoruba man has a muslim name does not mean he is fulani. It is an issue of religion. I have family member from kwara and I would tell you this, they are as yorubas as Oduduwa. And they never claim to be fulani. What Dr olusola saraki said at that time, was misquoted by many people for political gain. It was politics.

Olusola saraki is as yoruba 100% as olusegun obasanjo, or chief obafemi Awolowo. only gambari may be 70%

1.TUNDE IDIAGHBON- 100% Yoruba

2.JUSTICE MUSTAPHA AKANBI-ICPC = 100% Yoruba

3.JUSTICE ALFA BELGORE-FORMER CHIEF JUSTICE = 80% Yoruba, I am not sure.

4.GEN. MOHAMMED ABDULLAHI-FORMER CHIEF OF STAFF = I am not sure

5.LATE GEN. ADISA- FORMER WORKS MINISTER = 100% Yoruba

6.THE GAMBARIS = 70% Yoruba ( mix blood)

7.THE SARAKIS = 100% Yoruba

8.TOYIN SUBAIR-100% Yoruba

9.AKANBI ONIYANGI- 100% Yoruba

Many historial record links the Yorubas with the north above the niger are nupe(tapa), some says the the kanuri(it as not been total proved. but you notice the similarity in tribal mark and same story from egypt, but many disagree). May be also the gwari. but I am 100% sure of the Tapas(nupe)

While below the niger but still in the north in quote are Igalla, Igbrra,Borgu,idoma, Tiv, jukuns , which group are trace or link to the yorubas. You would note similarity in words .
Oloye will not tell you he is Yoruba. He prefers to be called Fulani than Yoruba.
There are two descendants in Ilorin-Those from Alimi are of Fulani origin while those of Afonja are of Yoruba origin, but teh Fulanis are the ruling family.
Gambaris are Fulani. tell me, why did the current emir, then Justice Ibrahim Kolapo Gambari, drop his Yoruba name-Kolapo-when he became emir?
They prefer to be called Fulanis please.
The likes of Lawal and maybe Adisa are teh ones that prefer to go with Yoruba
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 7:00am On Nov 15, 2008
Oloye will not tell you he is Yoruba. He prefers to be called Fulani than Yoruba.
There are two descendants in Ilorin-Those from Alimi are of Fulani origin while those of Afonja are of Yoruba origin, but the Fulanis are the ruling family.
Gambaris are Fulani. tell me, why did the current emir, then Justice Ibrahim Kolapo Gambari, drop his Yoruba name-Kolapo-when he became emir?
They prefer to be called Fulanis please
The likes of Lawal and maybe Adisa are the ones that prefer to go with Yoruba
undecided  undecided Like we care what they call themselves  undecided undecided undecided
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by ikeyman00(m): 10:15am On Nov 15, 2008
oppppppppppppps i dndt know there is subyoruba chie god oooo lipsrsealed
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 7:19pm On Nov 15, 2008
oppppppppppppps i dndt know there is subyoruba chie god oooo
Ask Ifeco and his N* brothers.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by mamagee3(f): 1:40am On Jan 29, 2010
Why are the hausas war-loving? sad
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by revolt(m): 12:01pm On Jan 29, 2010
To hell with your oil. Hmmm talk is cheap leave the oil lets see
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by naijaswag1: 12:04pm On Jan 29, 2010
This is good news!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by edoyad(m): 7:39pm On May 08, 2010
What's this ?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by AloyEmeka5: 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2010
gadogado:

@tpia, i have no time to write an essay for you, i magined nairaland enthusiasts possessed the intuition and imagination to read through something informal, to me, this is informal stuff so i dont have to write to you like im seeking a contract. People on here write in pidgeon english, i dont think you have a problem with that, do you? But please say something that has substance, it is not enough for you to come and say "i dont have your time, but if i did, blah blah blah" say what you have to say if you have anything to say that is. Saudi is an example i gave you so that you can see the positives of sharia. Like i was saying, that society is crime free, almost non existent. Just an example, now compare that to the US or UK where murders take place every half hour, despoil is rampant, theft and robbery everywhere, con men doing their tricks, injustice, depression, alcohol abuse,  just all out madness and craziness. Look at Saudi, where the murder rate is 2.8 in 100,000 people, in the US alone, the murder rate is 3808 in 100,000 people. So bros, do you catch my drift SO theres no brainwasing here, im giving you hard facts and a brief comparitive societal analysis in the area of crime and social vice. The US is supposed to possess the greatest and most magnificient legal code and constitution in the world. One that ensures freedom right? with such a perfect system, why are there so many imperfections? Its almost like southerners worship the US, its sad

@Texcee, I hope you realize that Niger, Benue, kaduna and kogi are all northern states, thus, incase of a cessation of any region, those states would remain part of the north, on the benue license plate, it says "food basket of the nation" right? guess what, benue is the north. Furthermore, your stats are completely bogus. I dont beleive them one bit, food production in Nigeria is not distributed like that, maybe if you were talking to an uneducated person then i'd beleive you. But going by the stats you presented, the southern production of millet and sorghum is non existent just as that of yams and cassava in the upper north is, this is a climate issue not production. Are those the only food groups you can come up with?? The north has a strong monopoly on sugar and flour production/importation. even cement, northerners own the bulk of its production. Stop assuming that you can breeze through creation of a stable nation without the north. If Nigeria breaks apart, all regions will suffer because the dynamics of the economy are so intertwined, It'll be like a divorce from a 45 yr marriage that produced 5 children where both parents worked and built their home together (purchased/paid for everything with nearly equal contribution) just that maybe the father earned more money. And they're trying to separate and divide everything including the children, both will suffer. Thats how you should see it. If you had been reading my posts, you'd have realized that the north may not be at par with you in western education but that doesnt mean the north isint educated islamically which is what they used to conquer your land and implant Islam in OYO kingdom which was truly a blessing for that place. dont over-focus on western education, what is education acquisition of skill abi?? or knowledge, ehen, so does knowledge or skill come from only one source?? [size=14pt]THINK, with northern lack of education, why do they have a hold on nigerian politics??[/size] instead of the more educated yorubas?and obasanjo is sooooo educated by virtue of him being yoruba isint he??
@Red, I wonder too.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by CareTaker1(m): 11:37pm On Oct 06, 2010
The north also cry!

Atlast, their eyes are getting off the oil,

but they will never forgive some people!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by AloyEmeka5: 12:28am On Oct 07, 2010
Care-Taker:

The north also cry!

Atlast, their eyes are getting off the oil,

but they will never forgive some people!
Which people? Christians?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by CareTaker1(m): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Which people? Christians?

Nope, the people who have been raising the dust from the on set, the ibos ofcourse!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by omamokta: 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2010
Easier said than done. lol
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Kx: 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2010
If this statement was made in a dream, God pls make this dream come true.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by jude33084(m): 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2010
I believe that d northern govnors are still deceiving their pple because they knw dat over 80% of dem are nt educatd(western edu).
Islam 4bid alot of western dev.
Islam 4bids bewry ind which is predominant in south.
Religious riots in d north makes it imposible 4 an average investor frm d south 2 go 2 place like bauchi, sokoto, katsina, jiga, kano and bornu to invest. In these areas d amajiris hide under islam religion 2 commit crime on their own so called "brothers" from d south. So why are they blaming it on conspiracy? Who is fooling who?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by edoyad(m): 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2010
Obviously the story is crap, but even if it were true Aliyu and Nyarko govern states with some of the lowest revenue generation in Nigeria, so how can one believe this story ? A country that's 90% dependent on crude oil ? I'd like to see that happening.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Dede1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2010
The current waves of accusation and counter-accusation of dependence on crude oil emanating from the northern and certain parts of southern sections of the Nigeria amount to unfathomable idiocy and display of unforgivable blunder. The action of northern region, western region, some section of mid-western and eastern regions of Nigeria to foist a war of attrition on Biafra in 1967 was instigated by crude oil.

It is still funny to read from certain quarters of these shameless sections of Nigeria when they argue it was the need to keep the colonial contraption united instead of crude oil instigated the civil war.

And to the loudmouthed idiots from the southern Nigeria who often ascribe the “born-to-rule” phrase to northerners, I say it not so. The truth remains a cross-section of southern Nigerians has conferred the fictitious born-to-rule title on the northerners due to deplorable and treacherous behaviors of many southern Nigerians in 1967 civil war. I guess people shall reap what they sow
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by JakeB: 8:13am On Oct 08, 2010
see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527450.0.html to join the 1 million posts against IBB. Paste on every blog page or site you know worldwide
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Mobile11: 8:54am On Jun 30, 2012
Is like the ijaw are ready to fight boko haram alone without surpport from others. And this time boko haram may come and strike from the coast. Let us watch out.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Mobile11: 8:55am On Jun 30, 2012
Is like the ijaw are ready to fight boko haram alone without surpport from others. And this time boko haram may come and strike from the coast/creek. Let us watch out.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Pygru: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
Jokers!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by zimoni(f): 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
Whaoooooooooooooooooo

What a thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Tweets Patriotic9jaboy's Comment About Him On Nairaland / Opposition Favored To Win Nigeria Presidential Election Feb 16, 2019- Casaonline / Terrorists Kill Two Nigerian Soldiers Along Notorious Abuja-Kaduna Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.