Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,844 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South (25737 Views)

Saraki:To Hell With Morality, Senate Tells Nigerians / Reward Amaechi For His Courageous Support, North Tells Buhari / IMF To FG : Dont Waste Your Oil Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 2:16am On Aug 04, 2008

the one in purple is bonga field, then you do not know what 200 nautical miles is ,  call the united nation and ask them what it is. when we take our oil and go see wenti you people go do. it is 85 miles from the coast.

Every oilfield to your left on the screen is own by yorubas
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Ibime(m): 2:18am On Aug 04, 2008
lol

Dis guy is serious.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 2:20am On Aug 04, 2008
why dont you let us leave nigeria, and you would go an ask the united nation where bonga field is. 1 million barrel per day goes with us.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by tpia: 2:26am On Aug 04, 2008
very interesting maps.

Nigeria1- where did you get the flag and anthem? The flag sef resemble kenya own.

Nigerians no go kill themselves with wahala abeg. Each of the 300 tribes is coming up with different requests for states and autonomy. Lets assume the country breaks up into different tribal kingdoms- una wan kill oyibo and other foreigners with una jaw cracking names and pronounciation like the Ouagadougouans.

Non-Africans getting more and more confused by the various multiplicities of conglomerations abounding everywhere on the continent.

Why shouldnt they regard Africa as a country, for real. Who has time to be remembering all those 10,000 plus names of each mini-kingdom, as if people have nothing better to do. undecided

My village sef suppose to be a country. Abi wetin you dey find for inside any country wey no dey there.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 2:32am On Aug 04, 2008
Well the flag and song is really 63 years old. I would assume you do not know that the yorubas have a flag and anthem before and after  independant. we still use them till today . nearly all yoruba community abroad use them. please verify. Show the flag to your father. he would tell you about it if you leave in nigeria. So you have never seen them before. how old here you.

see our flags and anthem.

[img]http://www.crwflags.com/FOTW/images/n/ng}eoyor.gif[/img]   

Yoruba national Anthem

E je ka fi'imo sokan
'Tori ile baba wa
Lati tun se
Lati gbe ga
Fun 'losiwau rere

Ija irepo lo ye wa
Ka ja fun 'le baba wa
Nitori wa
'Tori omo wa
Nitori ojo ola

Omo Oduduwa ni wa
Nibikibi ta ba wa
Ka si ma ranti
Pe a o pada sile.

English Translation

In unity let's stand
On behalf of our fatherland
To rebuild it
To reform it
For the betterment of all

Let all of us unite
To defend our motherland
For our progress
And for our children's
And for all posterity

Oduduwa is our spring
Wherever we may be
Let's be kinfolks
And remember
That home is home for us
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by tpia: 2:42am On Aug 04, 2008
I'm 99% sure neither of my parents has ever heard of the song and flag.

To the best of my knowledge, I dont know of any Yoruba community abroad that uses them.  Someone may be deceiving you here.

Internet is different from real life, abeg. In case you saw it being used on some website somewhere and are drawing conclusions from that.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Queenisha: 2:43am On Aug 04, 2008
When will they vex ,run comot go join their aboki brethren for chad and Niger
we cannot wait.
I will wear a burqua on that fateful day  grin
useless parasites tongue

but who will make those suya at Asata Enugu
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Queenisha: 2:47am On Aug 04, 2008
We get oil for Igboland cool
even if we no get am
we get ingenuity
make the country peacefully divide sef
make everyman begin answer im papa name

wish Biafra had survived
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 2:48am On Aug 04, 2008
how old is your parent tpia , i said the flag and anthem  is 63 years old.  Even HID awolowo, obasanjo, jakande and other have seen the flag before. it is really old  63 years old, many people have ask me the same question. It is official flag used by the yorubas before independant and after independant.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Queenisha: 2:55am On Aug 04, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

how old is your parent tpia , i said the flag and anthem  is 63 years old.  Even HID awolowo, obasanjo, jakande and other have seen the flag before. it is really old  63 years old, many people have ask me the same question. It is official flag used by the yorubas before independant and after independant.

Too late now buddy
go and burn that flag.
Awolowo should have promoted it and secedded when he had the chance
and we won't be talking of this topic now.

waiting for arnolinda lipsrsealed
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by tpia: 2:56am On Aug 04, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

how old is your parent tpia , i said the flag and anthem  is 63 years old.  Even HID awolowo, obasanjo, jakande and other have seen the flag before. it is really old  63 years old, many people have ask me the same question. It is official flag used by the yorubas before independant and after independant.

they're both over 50.

can you post a reputable link to somewhere that proves what you're saying here. I've never seen or heard of this flag and anthem.

In any case, I'd like to design a flag and coat of arms of my own. Its time my family had one, like the British families do.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 2:59am On Aug 04, 2008
tpia You want to know the reputable  of the flag. you know what, will you like to speak to HID Awolowo and verify if the flag is true. ?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 3:02am On Aug 04, 2008
i need an answer? and want to try to arrange a live program if you want.

http://.com
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by 9ja4eva: 3:25am On Aug 04, 2008
To Hell with your Cows and Groundnuts,
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 04, 2008
Deepzone, why are you full of hatred?? This is another hating thread originated by the Devil in the Deepzone of Hell. Bullshit!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 4:33am On Aug 04, 2008
TPIA, i assume you live abroad and do not know much about nigeria.  let me tell the story. many years ago 65 years, the yorubas wanted to have their own country. we had our flag  and others. in 1957 we form our own govt, that is when britain allow us to do that. Many are dead without seen that dream come to past. Britain locked up our people and detroy many lifes. That is why the nigeria census is the way it is.

It is a story of a people who till today want their own country out of Nigeria. Awo once said "Nigeria is a geographical expression" Nigeria is not a country  like most country. It is a country with no real culture or languages, little history. It is not like germany , japan, and other. It is what Nigerian call parch parch of many country. that why we are confused. Even till today. most of the people do not want to be or remain in nigeria. they want out of the federation.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by KojoAseda(m): 6:32am On Aug 04, 2008
The "oil curse." Yeah. Not only does oil cause intense corruption but it also builds an economy around imports and cash inflow. Cash is only as good as the supplies which it can purchase. Look at Gabon, on the verge of collapse. Nigerian GDP is 80% from fuel. Is that good? No. People they stop farming and move into the cities. No food, no life. You have almost 200 million people, what are you going to feed them with?

Africa is sickened by colonialism. I don't know what is to be done.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by emekauzor(m): 6:36am On Aug 04, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

TPIA, i assume you live abroad and do not know much about nigeria. let me tell the story. many years ago 65 years, the yorubas wanted to have their own country. we had our flag and others. in 1957 we form our own govt, that is when britain allow us to do that. Many are dead without seen that dream come to past. Britain locked up our people and detroy many lifes. That is why the nigeria census is the way it is.

It is a story of a people who till today want their own country out of Nigeria. Awo once said "Nigeria is a geographical expression" Nigeria is not a country like most country. It is a country with no real culture or languages, little history. It is not like germany , japan, and other. It is what Nigerian call parch parch of many country. that why we are confused. Even till today. most of the people do not want to be or remain in nigeria. they want out of the federation.

whats your point
to you want another country or what

cheers
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 7:08am On Aug 04, 2008
Deepzone, why are you full of hatred?? This is another hating thread originated by the Devil in the Deepzone of Hell. Bullshit!

Roflmao!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 7:10am On Aug 04, 2008
Danmasani , for your information please look at the 200 nautical miles, which UNITED NATION called part of the area of a country, if tomorrow the yoruba decided to leave nigeria. According to the United nation, 200 nautical miles of the coastal is us. Here is a picture of nigeria 200 nautical map. And some the claim delta and balyase get from oil, really are in ondo state. The Yorubas would taken away our over 1 million oil barrel a day which nigeria is given delta and bayelse state. please verify this information with the united nation. second map below is the oil field in nigeria. The line to your left west is oil field in ondo state, delta and balyase is claiming derivation for.

Here is Nigeria state by state 200 nautical mile . the first line is ondo state. then delta, balyase , rivers. So Delta and balyase are collecting money that they should not been collecting those money belong to Ondo state 200 nautical miles. Really nearly half of the money delta and Balyase are collecting are money that ondo state should recieve

Omo, explain this your 200 nautical mile in a lay man's term. Where in the 200 mile did Osun state come in?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 7:12am On Aug 04, 2008
You have degree in Engineering and you don't know that Bonga oilfield is closer to Bayelsa than Ondo? Is it all these straight lines that you are drawing that is confusing you? You need to get a refund on your tuition fee

@Ibime, why not allow our resident engineer to explain his theory on 200 miles? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by MrCrackles(m): 8:47am On Aug 04, 2008
ehn ehn, na so e be now Northerners? grin

u guys can sod off with your desert, cattle and dangote sugar!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by presido1: 9:00am On Aug 04, 2008
Brash!:

ehn ehn, na so e be now Northerners? grin

u guys can sod off with your desert, cattle and dangote sugar!
The highlighted was build from oil money.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by gentlegg(m): 9:29am On Aug 04, 2008
As much as I don't want to "hate" the northerners cos a christian shouldn't hate, but everything about the North disgusts me.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 9:54am On Aug 04, 2008
As much as I don't want to "hate" the northerners because a christian shouldn't hate, [b]but everything about the North disgusts me[/b]

Including the beef, kulikuli, kunu, goat, yam, rice, groundnut etc. Are you out of your mind?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by AloyEmeka9: 11:05am On Aug 04, 2008
The highlighted was build from oil money.
Do you have proof of your assertion?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Abagworo(m): 11:41am On Aug 04, 2008
In as much as i'm Igbo and want it's interest,i also luv every other Nigerian.It pains me so much when the North is attacked just because of oil.There is no family everyone is equal.What is important is everyone's contribution.Now for the record, IGBOS CONTRIBUTE A VERY SIGNIFICANT PERCENTAGE IN NIGERIAN OIL.It is worthy of note that the largest oil producing L.G.A. Is Ogba,Egbema,Ndoni in Rivers State.Oyigbo in Rivers is also in the top list.These L.G.A.s are obvious Igbo ceded to Rivers during Obasanjo's regime of the 70s.Most importantly why can't Nigeria stop their depence on crude oil?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Ibime(m): 11:59am On Aug 04, 2008
Abagworo:

It is worthy of note that the largest oil producing L.G.A. Is Ogba,Egbema,Ndoni in Rivers State.Oyigbo in Rivers is also in the top list.These L.G.A.s are obvious Igbo ceded to Rivers during Obasanjo's regime of the 70s.Most importantly why can't Nigeria stop their depence on crude oil?[color=#006600][/color]

Yeah, you may be right, although they have always been a part of Rivers State, the people of Ogba-Egbema and Ndoni are pseudo-Ibo's.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by candylips(m): 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2008
gentlegg:

As much as I don't want to "hate" the northerners because a christian shouldn't hate, but everything about the North disgusts me.

They disgust you and yet you buy their Cows, Goat, Tomato, Pepper and all other food that are transported in tonnes in trailers everyday to the south.

Lets face it without the North hunger will have wiped out 90% of the south's  popluation.
We give them oil they provide us with food. Not until when we can produce our own food then we still need those aboki people in this nigeria relationship
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by MrCrackles(m): 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2008
gentlegg:

As much as I don't want to "hate" the northerners because a christian shouldn't hate, but everything about the North disgusts me.

and you eat thier suya, nama, kunu?

fuc.k thier yarinya's?

employ them as ur gate-men or well diggers?

soak thier kulli-kulli with dangote sugar in ur garri?

common get real!!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by vicade(m): 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2008
i love them Northern girls. believe it or not, they are the best. Hausa gatemen are also very very loyal. i also like dankwa and kuli kuli. Hausa people are very cool. After yoruba, it is edo,then hausa, then fulani, then ijaw, then ,
Lastly Igbo.

This is my own personal opinion and i might be very very wrong but this is based on my own personal experiences.

And i believe my generations have always been yorubas. We only became nigerians after the white men did their stuff but a yoruba man has always been a yoruba man and an igbo man has always been an igbo man so yet again i stand corrected if i say i am first a yoruba boy then a nigerian boy not the other way around
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by emmydee(m): 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2008
Lets talk maturely here. It's not about secession, the north has been very idle, with lots of greed on the nations income. They have been in power even when obj was there, north still had a strong hand and they have neglected the development of the ND for far too long. Developing agriculture would be excellent but the ND crises has just come to stay. Am not sure it will EVER end!. Now it's not about the north alone, unfortunately, everyone is involved in the nations problem including the ND crises even my people Ndi Igbo, Yoruba, South South, Middle belt. They run this nation as if it belongs to no body. Free for all. Shit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

When Obasanjo Joined The Nigerian Army (Picture) / Damboa Invasion By Boko Haram: Punch Confirms The Insider Story Of A Nlander / Loved Up Photo Of Wike And His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.