Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap (27593 Views)

Website Attack:fg Checkmates Gay Activists / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office / Turai Checkmates Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by sweetaquifer(f): 2:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
let APC do the voting......we will do the counting!!!

3 Likes

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
Abagworo: Is it me or why is it that every one in support of Jonathan always talk about dividing Nigeria or tribalism and religion rather than performance. If Jonathan starts doing the right thing from now till 2015, he'll definitely win my vote and that of Nigerians but if he continues with tribalism and dullness, then I'd rather have a good Arabian.

The only reason you are talking about togetherness is because you have been looting contract money from the government, You said it b4 that you made 200 million in just one contract, so why wont you be happy instead of supporting a better regionalism or better split countries

2 Likes

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by nuelibe: 2:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
Yes oh.
I totally agree with u guys...

TechWalker007:

You sound like one with deep information, but I must state here that the president's PR team has not been effective.
I do not think they should engage APC propaganda team but that they should be busy advertising the various projects and their statuses.
Nigeria needs to hear and know what's happening.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by texaco1: 2:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Jokers! Be deceiving yourselves.
so you think ACN is invincible in the south west abi ?we shall see grin grin grin
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Olril18(m): 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
those who are supporters of gej are so myopic..anybody against gej is apc supporter to them.
unless u dont want to admit,gej is a failed president,maybe he is a good man with good intentions but he has surrounded himself with psycophants,who have badly advised him ,make enemies for him and also derails his goverment...gej himself has shot himself in the foot with some of his descisions.
the honorable thing to do for him is not to contest in 2015,if he does, he would loose heavily..
for those saying the ss/se votes are enough for him,maybe they don't realise that its the votes from d north that will decide who wins,the north is so vast and large to the extent that one of those states ,Niger,is bigger than ss/se combined.....coupled with fact he won't win in the south west as well....gej step down and don't contest,u might manipulate pdp,but not the whole of nigeria.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
texaco1: so you think ACN is invincible in the south west abi ?we shall see grin grin grin

History of SW politics shows, without any iota of doubt, that no party is invincible. But where is the PDP in SW? The one Kashamu is leading? Or the one to be handed over to a politically cleansed Bode George? Or the one that misruled the region and was booted out?

One of the greatest mistakes of GEJ was alienating not even the people of SW, but the SW PDP. The present crops of PDP leaders in SW are criminals. Even the best riggers in the region are against him. IF PDP is POPULAR in SW, why is he propping up Labour party? The mainstream PDP in SW is against him, the APC is against him, yet you're deluding yourselves that somehow GEJ ll carry the region. Good luck to Goodluck, in OBJ voice.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by texaco1: 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
Olril18: coupled with fact he won't win in the south west as well....gej step down and don't contest,u might manipulate pdp,but not the whole of nigeria.
hmmmm , nice . so who will win in the south west , tinubu abi fashola ?well lets just keep watching , the game is just about to begin .happy viewing
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by mactonnyso: 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
i pity foolish politicians from SE and SS joining APC . Nothing like one nigeria. Ask Zik and Awo in their graves .
The politicians fighting for their regional interest are celebrated as Heros
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by TechWalker007: 2:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
hotwax:

Says who. Do you know how APC is gaining ground in the south-west?

Come to Lagos and mention Jonathan. People will curse you. Offcuz he has Igbo-Ijaw in Lagos. But Yorubas are not smiling ooo.

GEJ is an insult to Nigeria.

Seriously?
I live in Lagos and support GEJ. And I have a lot of friends and colleague who are more die hard GEJ supporters than I can ever imagine of my self.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by texaco1: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
Prof Corruption:

History of SW politics shows, without any iota of doubt, that no party is invincible. But where is the PDP in SW? The one Kashamu is leading? Or the one to be handed over to a politically cleansed Bode George? Or the one that misruled the region and was booted out?

One of the greatest mistakes of GEJ was alienating not even the people of SW, but the SW PDP. The present crops of PDP leaders in SW are criminals. Even the best riggers in the region are against him. IF PDP is POPULAR in SW, why is he propping up Labour party? The mainstream PDP in SW is against him, the APC is against him, yet you're deluding yourselves that somehow GEJ ll carry the region. Good luck to Goodluck, in OBJ voice.
bro i must confess that you actually base your opinion on what you read either in the dailies or on nairaland .i think you really need to talk to people on the streets and people that really matters to see the under ground and grass root politicking that pdp is doing presently in the south west , from ekiti to oyo state and even ogun to lagos to some extent . only 3 south western states may be saved from the 2015 onslaught by pdp on the south west acn states.do you know what is going on in oyo state politics right now ?are you in touch with what is happening in ekiti state ?what about kwara ? well like i always say ,lets just keep our fingers crossed , you just watch the game

1 Like

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by ballabriggs: 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
chadnezzar0worl: I am from the Niger delta and willingly voted for G.EJ, but sadly enough he has done nothing to justify our collective vote as a nation or improve the Niger delta region. 2015 is still a long way to go, ND if our president is wise enough, he should concentrate more or delivering on d divided of democracy and salvage what ever is left of his failed administration.

Nigeria is a complex state, with a lot of intricacies, ND Jonathan first mistake was alienating OBJ and appeasing the north with juicy positions and contracts, when d chips re down, he will be left to stand alone with political light weights ND noise makers who re no power brokers, as well as e campainers who has no say in the actual scheme of things,
On the contrary he is loosing public sympathy by the day, even in his own Niger Delta, those who re discovering that the same old slogan'he is our brother' is not strong enough basics to fight his course, except for a few noise makers who re directly benefitting from his dish out of unprecedented corruption.
if he must appease the masses in this his war! Then he must genuinely tackle corruption, gain the trust of the masses, deliver devidends of democracy,

You for this your post is my man of the year.

Here is your N200000 MTN recharge card. 2905 2015 2019. Please protect the pin and don't let apostles of President Jonafraud knick it from you. cheesy
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Olril18(m): 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
texaco1: hmmmm , nice . so who will win in the south west , tinubu abi fashola ?well lets just keep watching , the game is just about to begin .happy viewing
if u think gej will win southwest,then u are being delusional..
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
2015 will surprise Nigerians.. www.nscdc that's all.
Since the subsidy removal saga, the average Nigerian has viewed f.g with disgust and now they want to sell refineries they promised to turn around and some people think GEJ is going to have an easy ride? lol.. maybe in nollywood. Why do you think Sule Lamido is still in PDP ? lol....
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by TechWalker007: 2:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
Prof Corruption:

This kind of reasoning is what made Ngige emerge third in Anambra gubernatorial election.
You sit behind a laptop and speak for Nigerians everywhere.
Those on ground are doing their homework while you are doing your e-work. At the end of the day, it's the groundwork that speaks.
APC may win the SW states easily but when it comes to the presidential, SW will go ahead and vote against the North, again.

1 Like

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by TechWalker007: 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
texaco1: bro i must confess that you actually base your opinion on what you read either in the dailies or on nairaland .i think you really need to talk to people on the streets and people that really matters to see the under ground and grass root politicking that pdp is doing presently in the south west , from ekiti to oyo state and even ogun to lagos to some extent . only 3 south western states may be saved from the 2015 onslaught by pdp on the south west acn states.do you know what is going on in oyo state politics right now ?are you in touch with what is happening in ekiti state ?what about kwara ? well like i always say ,lets just keep our fingers crossed , you just watch the game

My guess Prof Corruption is not in Lagos. I am and can clearly see he does not know what he's talking about.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Iykeponti(m): 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
Someone said the westerners luv the north...grin mumu brain (**) they prefer d northerners cuz they can izly deceive dem... Shell nd Bp prefer d northerners to run d country because they r nothing but mpamanians... Ask d British, they hardly deceive d southerners, especially d great Igbos, dats why dey supported d north during d civil war... Since den what do Nigerians av in their more than 40yrs in control ? Abeg make dem park well... Luv d north my arzz sad now u know y dey don't want an Igbo in power...
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
texaco1: bro i must confess that you actually base your opinion on what you read either in the dailies or on nairaland .i think you really need to talk to people on the streets and people that really matters to see the under ground and grass root politicking that pdp is doing presently in the south west , from ekiti to oyo state and even ogun to lagos to some extent . only 3 south western states may be saved from the 2015 onslaught by pdp on the south west acn states.do you know what is going on in oyo state politics right now ?are you in touch with what is happening in ekiti state ?what about kwara ? well like i always say ,lets just keep our fingers crossed , you just watch the game

Where is PDP in Ogun? Please tell how PDP will capture Ogun in 2015? The governor has performed woefully? APC is not on ground? Or the PDP is not factionalized? Or criminals like Buruji will select a leader for good people of Ogun state?

PDP stands no chance, no matter how minute, in Osun.

In Kwara, the only opposition to Saraka is APC. Now both Saraki and APC are one. SO where is the threat?

In Oyo, Ibadan votes have always been the determining factor. The only section out of reach of APC is Ogbomoso axis. Until Ladoja joins PDP and consolidate his political machine with Akala, there's no meaningful opposition to Ajimobi. Besides, Ajimobi has performed creditably.

PDP can not win Lagos in 2015.

The only state that's competitive for now is Ekiti, not because PDP stands any chance but as a result of infighting in APC that led to exit of MOB to labour party.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by texaco1: 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
TechWalker007:

This kind of reasoning is what made Ngige emerge third in Anambra gubernatorial election.
Those on ground are doing their homework while you are doing your e-work. At the end of the day, it's the groundwork that speaks.
APC may win the SW states easily but when it comes to the presidential, SW will go ahead and vote against the North, again.
God bless you bro , i have always said it , the mathematical equations favors gej for the presidential election , definitely the south east and south south will vote for him , the south west this time around will not vote for a northerner against gej , and if a southerner is brought out by the opposition the north will not vote for the southerner knowing fully well that he too will want to spend 8 years , they will rather stick with gej who has 4 years remaining . the south west may vote for apc in the guber but just like you said , yorubas will vote for pdp in the presidential and if the worst happens , pdp will break or split the south western votes . there is no way gej can lose and that is why the major hurdle that his opponents have now is to make sure that he doesnt get the pdp ticket . whoever wins the pdp ticket will become the next Nigerian president

2 Likes

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
TechWalker007:

Ngige emerged third in Anambra because of tribal politics of branding APC as everything aganist Igbo. Nothing more. There's no such sentiment in SW.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by texaco1: 2:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
TechWalker007:

My guess Prof Corruption is not in Lagos. I am and can clearly see he does not know what he's talking about.
exactly
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by TechWalker007: 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2013
chadnezzar0worl: I am from the Niger delta and willingly voted for G.EJ, but sadly enough he has done nothing to justify our collective vote as a nation or improve the Niger delta region. 2015 is still a long way to go, ND if our president is wise enough, he should concentrate more or delivering on d divided of democracy and salvage what ever is left of his failed administration.

Nigeria is a complex state, with a lot of intricacies, ND Jonathan first mistake was alienating OBJ and appeasing the north with juicy positions and contracts, when d chips re down, he will be left to stand alone with political light weights ND noise makers who re no power brokers, as well as e campainers who has no say in the actual scheme of things,
On the contrary he is loosing public sympathy by the day, even in his own Niger Delta, those who re discovering that the same old slogan'he is our brother' is not strong enough basics to fight his course, except for a few noise makers who re directly benefitting from his dish out of unprecedented corruption.
if he must appease the masses in this his war! Then he must genuinely tackle corruption, gain the trust of the masses, deliver devidends of democracy,

See this one claiming Niger Delta. Hahahahahaha.
We also know that trick.

I have read through your profile and so far in your only 9 posts, you have claimed to be from Rivers and Delta States.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Be proud to be who you are and stop being deceptive, oh, i forgot, you are probably typing from Alausa! grin grin
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Console yourself thinking Yorubas will vote for GEJ; The fact is the masquerade has had the mask removed from its face. Abysmal corruption and lack of development in real terms is what GEJ will show when he comes to campaign in 2015? when federal roads in the SW are death traps? lol....
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by TechWalker007: 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Ngige emerged third in Anambra because of tribal politics of branding APC as everything aganist Igbo. Nothing more. There's no such sentiment in SW.

Actually it's the other way around. APC branded themselves as anti-Igbo and killed Ngige's chances. Mind you, Anambra people that I know does not hate Ngige and actually did not mind voting for ACN when they returned Ngige as senator, remember?
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Abagworo(m): 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

The only reason you are talking about togetherness is because you have been looting contract money from the government, You said it b4 that you made 200 million in just one contract, so why wont you be happy instead of supporting a better regionalism or better split countries

Can you quote where I claimed to have made 200million from Government? I might have made more than that from my personal struggle but never have I involved myself in stealing of public funds for my self or any politician.

It costs Jonathan nothing to act accordingly by stopping his aids from championing division of Nigeria because its impossible to divide in peace. He should preach religious and ethnic tolerance while he sacks any member of his cabinet involved in corruption and tribalism. Help the real Niger Delta people that are not carrying arms through free education at least. Compliment the efforts of. Governors like Amaechi and Akpabio by making sure the FG does its part in infrastructure. All these will make the real people love him and he won't have to waste Nigerian money trying to force himself to be liked.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Olril18(m): 2:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Where is PDP in Ogun? Please tell how PDP will capture Ogun in 2015? The governor has performed woefully? APC is not on ground? Or the PDP is not factionalized? Or criminals like Buruji will select a leader for good people of Ogun state?

PDP stands no chance, no matter how minute, in Osun.

In Kwara, the only opposition to Saraka is APC. Now both Saraki and APC are one. SO where is the threat?

In Oyo, Ibadan votes have always been the determining factor. The only section out of reach of APC is Ogbomoso axis. Until Ladoja joins PDP and consolidate his political machine with Akala, there's no meaningful opposition to Ajimobi. Besides, Ajimobi has performed creditably.

PDP can not win Lagos in 2015.

The only state that's competitive for now is Ekiti, not because PDP stands any chance but as a result of infighting in APC that led to exit of MOB to labour party.
big fact
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
TechWalker007:

Actually it's the other way around. APC branded themselves as anti-Igbo and killed Ngige's chances. Mind you, Anambra people that I know does not hate Ngige and actually did not mind voting for ACN when they returned Ngige as senator, remember?

You are free to believe whatever gladens your heart.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Olril18(m): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2013
TechWalker007:

this man is a dreamer oo...keep dreaming till when u wakes up in 2015
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by hotwax: 2:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
nuelibe: Thanks man for educating this tribalist.....

I am a Yoruba christian. I voted for Jonathan because of these religion fanatics(Buhari).

I never had anything against GEJ. So also many Yorubas.

Yes there are PDP in the southwest. No doubt. Also APC is in the east and Niger-Delta.

My argument is, APC is raining in S-West. Like it or not. Its bitter.

Who in Lagos hate fashola. Only Igbo bigots.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by TechWalker007: 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
hotwax:

I am a Yoruba christian. I voted for Jonathan because of these religion fanatics(Buhari).

I never had anything against GEJ. So also many Yorubas.

Yes there are PDP in the southwest. No doubt. Also APC is in the east and Niger-Delta.

My argument is, APC is raining in S-West. Like it or not. Its bitter.

Who in Lagos hate fashola. Only Igbo bigots.

That's the folly I speak of.
Was it Igbos that booed Fashola from a funeral recently? Pray, tell.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Olril18(m): 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
texaco1: God bless you bro , i have always said it , the mathematical equations favors gej for the presidential election , definitely the south east and south south will vote for him , the south west this time around will not vote for a northerner against gej , and if a southerner is brought out by the opposition the north will not vote for the southerner knowing fully well that he too will want to spend 8 years , they will rather stick with gej who has 4 years remaining . the south west may vote for apc in the guber but just like you said , yorubas will vote for pdp in the presidential and if the worst happens , pdp will break or split the south western votes . there is no way gej can lose and that is why the major hurdle that his opponents have now is to make sure that he doesnt get the pdp ticket . whoever wins the pdp ticket will become the next Nigerian president
a primary four pupil can think better than u...all what uve posted above are rubbish.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by hotwax: 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
TechWalker007:

That's the folly I speak of.
Was it Igbos that booed Fashola from a funeral recently? Pray, tell.

Booing does not signify hate.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by TechWalker007: 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
hotwax:

Booing does not signify hate.

Really? Tell me what I don't know. What does it signify?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road / Obono-Obla:People Walking Free With Billion Of Dollars In Accounts / Sowore: Buhari Has Lost Control Of All His Cognitive Functions (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.