Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,862 members, 7,824,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

“Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” (17813 Views)

‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ / River Niger Bridge May Collapse Soon – Unizik Vc / Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by agbameta: 10:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
berem: but he said the truth na! Haven't we been crying to Jonathan for a second niger bridge? It was alleged that money meant for the upgrade of the niger bridge was used to manipulate the anambra election. 8 phucking billion naira!!! angry

The Sun NewsNiger bridge makes me cry –Kalu - The Sun News
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by kettykin: 10:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
Still on infrastructures in the east, the 5 south east states should take over the bridges and build it and toll it , a minimum of 6 to 8 million cars pass the bridge ever year,
The Bridge if tolled would yield N5b per year and would be able to pay for it self in 25 years , alternative would be delta and anambra taking over the bridge and tolling users.

This makes federal ministry of works redundant, it is high time the FMW and housing is scrapped, let each state/region take care of its road bridges and housing, this would lead to less failed projects, less corruption and more state inclined expenditures.
Those saying fashola and Amosun should handle Niger bridge should urge Amosun and eFashols to first take up lagos Ibadan express way which has been in a very bad state for more than 14 years

7 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by agbameta: 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
I will go on exile if I don't build Second Niger Bridge —President

I can't wait to see him jet out to Ivory coast with shepopo..

8 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by agbameta: 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
The 50 man Ohanaeze delegation included Chief Joe Nwaorgu, Senator Hope Uzodimma, Barrister Emejulu Okpalaukwu, Dr Dozie Ikedife, Prof Joe Irukwu, Eze Cletus Ilomuanya, Eze Njemanze, Eze Uzu of Awka, Prof Anya O Anya, Prof Mrs Uche Azikiwe, Mrs Maria Okwo, Chief Ralph Uwazurike, Senator Ben Obi, Chief Mbazulike Amaechi among others while the presidency delegation included Vice President Namadi Sambo, Chief of Staff Mike Ogiadhome , Secretary to Govt Pius Anyim and Aviation minister Stella Oduah.

Ohanaeze leader lamented that ''it was our expectations that by now your administration would have completed a few under listed projects that would have effectively integrated the South East Nigeria with the rest of the country''. Ohanaeze leadership listed the projects begging for attention to include ’’the Second Onitsha Niger Bridge

50 man begging team .....even after donating their people and their votes for the same incompetent man, they are still begging him what he should have dropped on their laps minutes after entering Aso Rock.

smh...

11 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by gratiaeo(m): 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
geeez: I think Amosun and Fashola better act fast

Afterall people that cross the bridge every Christmas pay their taxes in Lagos and Ogun

#Team2NB
I think Lagos Lagos third mainland bridge should be their top priority.

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
agbameta:

50 man begging team .....even after donating their people and their votes for the same incompetent man, they are still begging him what he should have dropped on their laps minutes after entering Aso Rock.

smh...
SMFDH!!! embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by dayokanu(m): 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
See Tinubu and Awolowo . The came and destroyed the 2nd Niger bridge and refuse to fix it back

Fresh air tinz

6 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by dayokanu(m): 10:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
We own 98% of London lagos and new York we built theLondon bridge Eiffel tower and statue of liberty

These ppl are simply jealous of us

10 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Brimmie(m): 10:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
Geez
Sloan
Agbameta
Dayokanu
PlainDealer
SincereNigerian
Berem
Desola

All in one thread!? cheesy cheesy
Niceee!!

Oya Make The Bridge Fall Yakata For Midnite!
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Brimmie(m): 10:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
Viewing this topic: Eze Promumu, berem, Caesar1988(m), Mayor_of_Lagos(m), psychu, Aigbofa, Brimmie(m) and 1 guest(s)
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by MayorofLagos(m): 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
agbameta:

1. This is about your crumbling and falling apart village bridge and not Lagos state or Fashola

2. Lagosians are not facing any imminent danger or about to fall off 3MB like your own people back in your village.

3. 3MB just got shot down and maintained unlike your crumbling village bridge.

4. We'll build our own bridge before begging anybody for 30 years like you beggars.

5. Are we begging anybody for 4thMB which groundwork is progressing as we speak? No

6. We did we beg the FG for 30 years for Ikoyi link bridge and the other ones Fashola built, no we did not

7. You are not saying anything because we know how to snatch FG infrastructures away from them and do our own upgrade and maintenance unlike you 30 years begging people.

8. We snatched Ikorodu road and it's undergoing reconstruction and upgrade as we speak.

9. We snatched Badagry EXPRESS and it's set to be the best road in Nigeria @ 10 lanes with metro rail and BRT access, something your generation including the next 10 generations can not duplicate.

You can huff and puff as much as you want, but the joke is still on you because you still don't have a little bridge even after 30 years of begging, Your people are the ones in danger and not Lagosians.

Bobo yi, abeg let my people go. Na Obasanjo fault. He was in Army Corp of Engineers during war and their demolition attack weakened the bridge. He was responsible for fixing it. It has been over 30yrs and the bridge is still dilapidated Yoruba people are lazy and not industrious at all. I tire for Yoruba people, 30yrs just to put up an ordinary bridge. Chineke me!! tongue

7 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by agbameta: 11:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Bobo yi, abeg let my people go. Na Obasanjo fault. He was in Army Corp of Engineers during war and their demolition attack weakened the bridge. He was responsible for fixing it. It has been over 30yrs and the bridge is still dilapidated Yoruba people are lazy and not industrious at all. I tire for Yoruba people, 30yrs just to put up an ordinary bridge. Chineke me!! tongue

You are wrong my friend. It's Aregbeshola's fault, he sent 150 thugs from Osun via Imo state to destroy the bridge so he's responsible.

lmao

9 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by bloggernaija: 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
How is that low taxes and small government (no government) working for ya.
I think if they assemble all the cars being donated by Peter obi ,orji and the rest , from one end to the other,
WE MAY GET THE FIRST MOTORORISED BRIDGE IN THE WORLD

11 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by dayokanu(m): 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
agbameta:

You are wrong my friend. It's Aregbeshola's fault, he sent 150 thugs from Osun via Imo state to destroy the bridge so he's responsible.

lmao

Both of you are olodos. You want to say you didn't know its Tinubu carrying out the order of Awolowo.

Check our the similarity in altitude like musiwa says

They want to spoil the bridge do food won't get to biafra and they would commit another genocide because of envy and to claim our 99% of Lagos and abuja

8 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Brimmie: Geez
Sloan
Agbameta
Dayokanu
PlainDealer
SincereNigerian
Berem
Desola

Niceee!!

Olorun oni je! Let it don't fall abeg o! I intend traveling to my villa on 28th. That bridge is the only access to the southeast from Lagos. Emi o le pariwo o!! embarassed

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Freewilly(f): 11:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
Brimmie: Geez
Sloan
Agbameta
Dayokanu
PlainDealer
SincereNigerian
Berem
Desola

Niceee!!

You noticed too LOL!!!!. It sure would be nice if the freaking bridge fall on those tribalist you have up there and rid them of this world.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by agbameta: 12:57am On Dec 14, 2013
Freewilly:

You noticed too LOL!!!!. It sure would be nice if the freaking bridge fall on those tribalist you have up there and rid them of this world.

You don't even mind if the bridge collapse and kill your own people as long as your own imagined enemies die too?

Typical ibo mentality and lack of care and decency for human life including your own people's..

What a loser...

13 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by docsholz(m): 1:04am On Dec 14, 2013
I'm pretty sure the bridge would have been fixed if Nigeria was still practicing regional federalism, that said I'm baffled to see human beings tribalising an issue that has d potential of killing people u guys are not well and some of u claim maturity

3 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Freewilly(f): 1:07am On Dec 14, 2013
agbameta:

You don't even mind if the bridge collapse and kill your own people as long as your own imagined enemies die too?

Typical ibo mentality and lack of care and decency for human life including your own people's..

What a loser...

Where in my post did you see I said I'll like the bridge to fall on my people. I said I'll like it to fall on your likes. Are you really that slow.

Typical clawed face yoruba with your lack of English comprehension.

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by MayorofLagos(m): 1:09am On Dec 14, 2013
agbameta:

lmao

Oh yeah, oh my God, I forgot..Aregberascal is jealous of Igbo achievements. Osun people are planning to bring Niger bridge down. grin grin grin
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by agbameta: 1:16am On Dec 14, 2013
Freewilly:

Where in my post did you see I said I'll like the bridge to fall on my people. I said I'll like it to fall on your likes. Are you really that slow.

Who are the main users? Your people right? Yes. So, you don't think your people are going to die because of their presence on that bridge when it crashes?. Or holly ghost go tell you to evacuate the bridge before it crashes? I think they've poisoned your village water because you people walk on your brains instead of thinking with it..

You really should worry less about my ability to read and comprehend and pay more attention to your bankrupt, corrupt and upside down brain.

Ode flat head lack of common sense?

6 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by agbameta: 1:17am On Dec 14, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Oh yeah, oh my God, I forgot..Aregberascal is jealous of Igbo achievements. Osun people are planning to bring Niger bridge down. grin grin grin

And take it to Lagos for tolling with all proceeds going inside Tinubu's pocket grin grin
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by MayorofLagos(m): 1:18am On Dec 14, 2013
dayokanu:

Both of you are olodos. You want to say you didn't know its Tinubu carrying out the order of Awolowo.

Check our the similarity in altitude like musiwa says

They want to spoil the bridge do food won't get to biafra and they would commit another genocide because of envy and to claim our 99% of Lagos and abuja

Meehhn!! You guys are callous! If Awo had not confiscated their savings they would have built a second bridge. grin
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Freewilly(f): 1:23am On Dec 14, 2013
agbameta:

Who are the main users? Your people right? Yes. So, you don't think your people are going to die because of their presence on that bridge when it crashes?. Or holly ghost go tell you to evacuate the bridge before it crashes? I think they've poisoned your village water because you people walk on your brains instead of thinking with it..

You really should worry less about my ability to read and comprehend and pay more attention to your bankrupt, corrupt and upside down brain.

Ode flat head lack of common sense?

You not worth the time have a nice day.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Desola(f): 1:26am On Dec 14, 2013
Freewilly:

Think of it this way: for the bridge to fall on the likes you mentioned, they would 1) have been out of their minds to take a trip to that hell hole. 2) the would have had to travel in a canoe or ship to be directly placed under the cursed bridge. I think your scenario is far fetched if not impossible. Nevertheless, if by some cosmic power this scenario materialises, your people who ply the bridge will suffer more collateral damage.

3 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by agbameta: 1:29am On Dec 14, 2013
Desola:

Think of it this way: for the bridge to fall on the likes you mentioned, they would 1) have been out of their minds to take a trip to that hell hole. 2) the would have had to travel in a canoe or ship to be directly placed under the cursed bridge. I think your scenario is far fetched if not impossible. Nevertheless, if by some cosmic power this scenario materialises, your people who ply the bridge will suffer more collateral damage.

Like I say always, ibo logic is always upside down logic. They let emotion and sentiments do the talking for them instead of common sense and sound logic..

8 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by dayokanu(m): 1:44am On Dec 14, 2013
If that bridge should fall where would Fashola drop the next set of deportees

12 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by TonySpike: 4:45am On Dec 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
indeed. The bridge covers 12.4KM
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/second-niger-bridge-jubilation-in-south-east-as-julius-berger-moves-to-site/

This is not just your everyday bridge, This bridge takes more traffic than all SS bridges combined so stick your ignorance back to PH.

I think something is wrong somewhere. I don't think the Asaba-Onitsha link bridge should be even up to 3 km. I have google map layouts of the Ikoyi-Lekki link bridge and the current Asaba-Onitsha link bridge. Infact, I am posting them right-away below this comment. These two bridges are approximately 1.3 km in length. If we should add the peripheral roads linking these bridges, then we could say they are around 4 km or so in length.

That said, the FG needs to show us the design layout for the proposed Asaba-Onitsha bridge that brings the total span to 12.4 km. I need to be convinced...

10 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by basilo101: 6:43am On Dec 14, 2013
agbameta:

30 years of crying to the same worthless FG is not enough? If Fashola can build the best bridge in West Africa in less than 3 years, how come the FG of Nigeria and the governors in the SE can not build a little bridge in 30 years even with their donated electoral votes for the Aso Rock dullard who is obviously taking them for granted...?

How hard is it to build this bridge? Must people die and perish before their corrupt, lazy and incompetent leaders lift a finger?

fashola built a bridge in lagos state. Niger bridge is half anambra, half Delta. Our one kobo will neva go into it.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 14, 2013
dayokanu: If that bridge should fall where would Fashola drop the next set of deportees
Crazy dude,that's what you are. grin
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by basilo101: 7:11am On Dec 14, 2013
Cn u imagine, make d bridge fall na. A massive bridge connecting two geopolitcal zönes, n sm fools who dnt travel r talking nonesense. Get it into ur head, d bridge is half SE half SS. It must be done by FG.

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by ba7man(m): 7:16am On Dec 14, 2013
basilo101: Cn u imagine, make d bridge fall na. A massive bridge connecting two geopolitcal zönes, n sm fools who dnt travel r talking nonesense. Get it into ur head, d bridge is half SE half SS. It must be done by FG.
You're on a looooooonnnngggg tin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

why yoruba are poor.17yrs mass stravation by biafra obasanjom/jonathan if yoruba / Presidency To Probe Osinbajo’s Nominees To ICPC Board / JUST IN: Buhari Meets Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.