Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,916 members, 7,824,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

“Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” (17814 Views)

‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ / River Niger Bridge May Collapse Soon – Unizik Vc / Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by hercules07: 10:57am On Dec 14, 2013
The Delta state government should build the bridge and toll it at both ends, I am sure the Anambra state government will be put to shame if that is done. Somebody mentioned Buhari, Buhari left the government 28 years ago, that bridge was okay during his time.

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by kettykin: 11:00am On Dec 14, 2013
odua boy: Google lekki-ikoyi link bridge,the first west african cable bridge and cure your ignorance kettleking.

You have just exposed your lack of depth how can you compare a cable bridge that is designed to carry passenger cars and pedestrian across short distances to a heavy duty arch bridge designed to be a backbone bridge ferrying passengers, passenger cars, articulated vehicles, heavy duty trucks and equipment and heavy railn.The lekki bridge is feather weight bridge compared to Niger bridge and cannot carry 10% of the load on Niger bridge.

This is how APC will forever keep spamming and scamming their followers the lekki cable bridge has little significance to the traffic situation of lagos, if Fashola was man enough and wanted to solve the traffic issues of lagos he would have built a bridge between Epe, ibeju lekki and Ikorodu which would have solved the problem of Ikorodu, third main land problem and VI congestion, who is really trying to fool who.

4 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Gamji007: 11:00am On Dec 14, 2013
blacksta: He should not have used such statement " Crying to the FG "

grin

Crying and whining is the only thing Igbos are known for. In the north, they cry and say they are the only targets of BH,and yet they don't migrate. In the SW, they cry and whine that increase in task is targeted at Igbos. On their home soil, they have been crying for FG to build a bridge for them. They are also all over the political parties, crying and begging for the presidency ticket to be handed to them.

All they do is sit down under a tree with palm wine and kola nut, then cry cry cry and cry!

Selfish, lazy, ingrates! angry

7 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 14, 2013
geeez:

We can't sit and watch this bridge collapse

Anything to save it

How can Amosun be building over five bridges and neglecting the Niger Bridge?

How can Fashola build the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge among others he's built and not look in the direction of the Niger?

Wickedness at its peak

"e be like say you drink ogogoro" Don't you have a governor in your state. What concerns Fashola with Niger bridge. Is it in his jurisdiction. I want to believe you are joking.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 14, 2013
lakhadimar: Did your english teacher die?
u re not doing any better wit ur own academic poison.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by kettykin: 11:14am On Dec 14, 2013
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lekki-ikoyi-bridge-a-monument-for-posterity/149272/
Why is there so much fuss about a lekki paper weight bridge that cannot carry heavy duty vehicles and why the comparison with a backbone Niger bridge that carries all manner of major traffic and more than 8 million cars per annum
He also placed restrictions on some types of vehicles from using the bridge. He said the restriction would affect such vehicles as commercial motorcycles (a.k.a. Okada), tricycles (a.k.a. Keke Marwa), commercial buses including danfos and high capacity buses (i.e. commercial buses exceeding a maximum seating capacity of 26), and heavy duty trucks, articulated trucks, lorries and other vehicles, which are not listed for tolling.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Beync(f): 11:15am On Dec 14, 2013
Sorry if my english hurt ur brain, hit the 3MBtongue
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by MrsAwesome: 11:18am On Dec 14, 2013
Igbos and yorubas ......hmmm hmmm..internet warriors. Hausa land is on fire cos of boko boys....Igbos have fought theirs and are recovering.....yorubas being arrogant cos they haven't experienced what it is like, it will be disastrous cos it takes time for a region to recover from such. Remember, nobody believed that people will be afraid of living in maiduguri talk more of kano but what is happening now.
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP INCITING VIOLENCE AND HATRED AMONG YOURSELVES. THESE THINGS START GRADUALLY........Thank God ....I am among the minorities.

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by ba7man(m): 11:20am On Dec 14, 2013
kettykin:

You have just exposed your lack of depth how can you compare a cable bridge that is designed to carry passenger cars and pedestrian across short distances to a heavy duty arch bridge designed to be a backbone bridge ferrying passengers, passenger cars, articulated vehicles, heavy duty trucks and equipment and heavy railn.The lekki bridge is feather weight bridge compared to Niger bridge and cannot carry 10% of the load on Niger bridge.

This is how APC will forever keep spamming and scamming their followers the lekki cable bridge has little significance to the traffic situation of lagos, if Fashola was man enough and wanted to solve the traffic issues of lagos he would have built a bridge between Epe, ibeju lekki and Ikorodu which would have solved the problem of Ikorodu, third main land problem and VI congestion, who is really trying to fool who.
1.4km long, 4 lanes.

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by joycooten2002: 11:29am On Dec 14, 2013
Cant they BOT new bridge? Even autobahn in Germany is BOT-ed. BOT: Build operate and transfer. Lagos style. Take it or leave it BOT beautify Lagos and make it city to live in. Just an idea

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Dsecret: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2013
It is quit unfortunate that Nigerian youths of now a days know nothing else than to incite HATE amongst themselves whenever any issue on national discuss is being air. Can't U people discuss without bringing down each other tribes ? This goes to both my yoruba people and our other brothers from the east

2 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by soldadoe(m): 11:53am On Dec 14, 2013
geeez:

Anything to save it

How can Fashola build the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge among others he's built and not look in the direction of the Niger?

Wickedness at its peak
watz fashola nd amosun's concern....dnt u av governors. Hahan! U re a very funni sumbodi oooo.....
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Fernandez01: 11:55am On Dec 14, 2013
agbameta: Even their loudmouth kinfolks boycott the thread like plague, na Fashola's projects den won kill themselves over while their own people dey face danger...no priority, lack of focus and misguided people...

smh

Fo.ol of the first order
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by kraftyiyk: 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
D-secret:
It is quit unfortunate that Nigerian youths of now a days know nothing else than to incite HATE amongst themselves whenever any issue on national discuss is being air. Can't U people discuss without bringing down each other tribes ? This goes to both my yoruba people and our other brothers from the east
God bless you bro..i never knew peeps like you still exist in Yoruba land, u see anything IBO sells like mad....some1 came here to post a topic on a need for proactive measures to be taken to mitigate a possible disaster, EEDDIOTS..IMBECILES..AND TRIBALISTIC EGGGHEADS LIKE AGBAMETA and co DERAILED IT INSTANTLY TO CAST THEIR USUAL HATRED ON THE IBOS, FOR GOD,S SAKE RIVER NIGER IS A FEDERAL ROAD PROJECT, HOW ON PLANET EARTH DOES D INNOCENT IBO MAN DESERVE INSULT FOR A DILAPIDATING FEDERAL ROAD,...U SEE WHEN U HATE IBOS, U ONLY PROVE THEY R ACTUALLY SUCCESSFUL AND IMPORTANT, COS IT TAKES A SUCCESFUL MAN TO ATTRACT SUCH GRAVITY OF ENVY.

3 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by erico2k2(m): 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
geeez:

Anything to save it

Wickedness at its peak
How old are U?

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
Ah! I'm so stressed oo.. I just returned frm Mandela's memorial service in South Africa. O boy if u see crowd na die,even the hold-up for sky no be here oh! Our plane too full 2 d point say some pple lap and some stand sef,if no be say na first class I dey,heat 4kill person,I just wine down for fresh air to enter my body. Well I thank God I returned safely.I nid rest nw. Tomoro I go share the tins wey I buy come grin
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by vanguard1(m): 12:20pm On Dec 14, 2013
sincerenigerian:

God bless you for this statement. The enemies of Amaechi on nairaland and Ibos only with some creek boys who are in the minority.
This is not the original sincerenigerian, he is been impersonated....straight to the mods!! Mukina2 take note.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
odua boy: Which okporoko school did you graduate from??.This your english is ogbunigwe 3.5
She is a first class product of english in ESUT.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2013
vanguard1:
This is not the original sincerenigerian, he is been impersonated....straight to the mods!! Mukina2 take note.
That is the original sincere Nigerian; Sincere 9gerian is a fake, not seeing anything in the FG.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by squaddy(m): 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
BigBen10: cheesy laughing at yout fustration

Scumbag come back when you learn how to spell
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by oduaboy1: 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2013
kettykin:

How does this meaningless epistle change the fact that lekki-ikoyi link bridge is the first and best cable bridge in the whole of west africa??
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by oduaboy1: 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
She is a first class product of english in ESUT.
I thought as much,to even think two crackheads liked her post shows the abyssmal level the standard of education has fallen into in that part of the country.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by shizzle11(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2013
LMAO!
Whenever there's any news like this from the SE, hediots like agbamental and his fellow Yoruba and APC goons will be goofing around and become restless.

All you cowa.rds, your hatred will not change the fact that your hero awoole swallowed otapiapia......you can all emulate his 'brave' act
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by AjCityOne: 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
FreeGlobe: why are our SW neighbors taking medicine for our own headache cheesy cheesy Mischievous lots. The FG must construct that 2NB, its our right. The FG has not even invested 1% in the SE of what they invested in SW. We are talking 2NB here not some lame Fashola bridge. 3MB is currently in bad shape, I dare Fashola to step in and do the needful on that bridge.

Wishful thinking. Now you want Fashola to step in.......lol. step in ko,step in ni....
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by pazienza(m): 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2013
Instead of a second Niger bridge, i would have the first Niger bridge fixed, and the rest of the money for the second Niger bridge used to partner with Akwa ibom state government to speed up the completion of Ibaka deep seaport, that way we will not only decongest that bridge, but we would have built a foundation for a greater eastern region, and in the long run open up our traditional cameroun, gabon,equitorial guinea business route that had been deliberately abandoned by the gang up,in favour of the Yorubacentric benin, togo, ghana route.

Akwa ibom has boundary with Abia state, and the people are friendly and traditional allies of Ndiigbo. Why are our leaders not thinking along this path? It's time to end the End the lagos monopoly.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by agbameta: 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2013
kettykin:

Which best bridge did Fashola build

Is this ignorance or just playing dumb?

I think both.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 14, 2013
pazienza: Instead of a second Niger bridge, i would have the first Niger bridge fixed, and the rest of the money for the second Niger bridge used to partner with Akwa ibom state government to speed up the completion of Ibaka deep seaport, that way we will not only decongest that bridge, but we would have built a foundation for a greater eastern region, and in the long run open up our traditional cameroun, gabon,equitorial guinea business route that had been deliberately abandoned by the gang up,in favour of the Yorubacentric benin, togo, ghana route.

Akwa ibom has boundary with Abia state, and the people are friendly and traditional allies of Ndiigbo. Why are our leaders not thinking along this path? It's time to end the End the lagos monopoly.

Yes, I support this plan. Let's make it happen. grin
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by agbameta: 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
FreeGlobe:
So why didnt you snatch Lagos/Ibadan expressway? Thousands of Lagosians are dying in the Lagos Ibadan expressway, No death has been recorded on Niger bridge yet. Why can't Fashola invest a little of his over 800 billion naira loan to fix that road or even partner with Ibadan governor instead of this crying to Jonathan everyday for neglecting the SW. smh.

You really need to pay more attention to current affairs. There is no federal property within our state we haven't fought to take over and so far, we've taken over many and God willing, we'll take them all, it's just a matter of time.

Just imagine Lagosians sitting around crying for the losers in Abuja to save us from Lagos Badagry, and Ikorodu road.

Over our dead body. We don't keep in other people's hands our destiny hopes and future, only foolish and incompetent people sits around waiting for the most incompetent government in the world for their economic survival and well being.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
It's funny that a business man or doctor is giving engineering judgement and people are taking it as truth. Although everyone welcomes the need for a new Bridge connecting Onitsha and asaba,truth be told that the normal(HA) and abnormal(Hb) loads used to design that bridge will not be reached in its design life and it's fact that the bridge has been strengthened over the years. Because they are 100 trucks on the bridge deck who says it hasn't been designed for such possible scenarios. People will take this as truth and start scaring people. It's the same way because loads of trucks where on Choba bridge and bridge vibrates,it was reported that the bridge had collapsed,turned out to be false as usual,if u don't have expertise on sth,ask the relevant person questions,dont go and speak like it's fact
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by chukzy700: 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2013
are you even sure the contract has being issued to them.........
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by agbameta: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mr Dosumu indicted the governor’s administration for not commencing the construction of the fourth mainland bridge as promised while campaigning in 2006 and concluded that “the federal government built the third mainland bridge and therefore the fourth mainland bridge will also be built by the federal government.”

However, the governor, intermittently addressed Mr Dosumu as “my friend” and “my opponent,” said that a responsible government will never concede its people’s needs to impossibility, especially because “the federal government has proven quite unreliable where needed most by Nigerians.” “The federal government has kept us in perpetual darkness and has not even maintained the federal roads, so while my friend will prefer to wait for the federal government, I have chosen to take my destiny in my hand,” he said, explaining that the vicissitudes of the global financial meltdown stalled the construction project.

The fact is, this culture of federal dependency is not limited to the folks in the east, even some of our own are into this culture of idiocy and incompetence via their despicable and worthless political party affiliations.

The exchange above was between Fashola of ACN and Dosumu of PDP.

The Dosumu dullard advocated for Lagosians to do exactly what the folks in the East are doing which is, sit around and wait for the federal government to spoon feed you when ever they are ready and even play politics with our lives in the process.

....but Fashola's red highlight comeback was priceless, this is what we expect from out leaders, we want them to be proactive, we want them to be assertive, we want them to take charge and put their people first.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku: Buhari Unaware Of Allegations Against CJN Because Cabals Running His Govt / UN Special Representative, Damilola Ogunbiyi, Visits Nigeria (Photos & Video). / An Open Letter To President-Elect Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.