Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

“Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” (17797 Views)

‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ / River Niger Bridge May Collapse Soon – Unizik Vc / Niger Bridge May Collapse Before Christmas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by ballabriggs: 7:41am On Dec 14, 2013
SMH at my Igbo people being played like ludo.

10 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by chinebu(m): 8:25am On Dec 14, 2013
I weep for my dear country. Sincerely I wish things are different here in Nigeria.
Imagine to build an ordinary bridge across a river has been so politicized to this extent while in countries you will see ten or fifteen bridges crossing a particular river in different dirrections. You will be on one bridge and you will see by your left and right numerous other bridges crossing the same river. While here in Nigeria the story is different for the past 30 or so years.

God is still on the throne.

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by chuks5552: 8:27am On Dec 14, 2013
Wow!!!!!!!! The long awaited day has finally come,Today is the day we are launching our

website which is http:// We wanna say May all Glory be to God for making this

project successful and even the webdevelopers that God also used in making this work

successfully.We wanna say this God who finally made my dreams to come to fruition will also

make your dreams and expectations this year and beyond to come to pass in Jesus name say

amen!!!!!!!!!! Remember that there is power in words

We wanna celebrate or launch today by Giving out Amazon best selling ebooks for free.So

download and download and download.Downloads will be accessible untill 12 am 15/12/2013.

These are some of the books which we are giving out for free today,I know you guys like

free things,but lemme tell you,It must cost you something to gain something,It cost me tens

of of thousands of naira to do this believe me or not and in the years to come,the benefits

will be multiplied.Renember,Konga,Jumia,amazon,ebay spent thousands of dollars to develope their website

Register in our website http:// and get access to these books instantly,but

please,I only need Something in return,Just only One request and if You do it,I Know that

the God That i serve will Bless you continually,You May ask what is that,well The only

thing I need is for You to help promote and campaign this site,What I mean is advertise

this Website for me,tell and convince people to come and buy from us,open threads in

nairaland,Facebook,Twitter and any where You can lay your hands upon and tell people about

us,That is how God will advertise you and I will also reward you in my own part

These are the books that will be of benefit to you.

1.The Hunger Games book 1(Literarture & Fiction) pdf

2.Catching Fire The Second Book of the Hunger Games pdf

3.Mockingjay The Final Book of The Hunger Games pdf

4.The 7 habits of Highly effective people:powerful Lessons in Personal Change(Self

Help/Inspiration) pdf

5.Nelson Mandela:A Long Way To Personal Freedom (Biographies) pdf

6.Sex For Dummies(Sexuality,Health) pdf

8.Speak English Like an American (Education) pdf

9.Click Millionaires: Work Less, Live More with an Internet Business You Love (Business and Investment) epub

10.The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future (Religion & Spirituality) epub

11.Head First Java, 2nd Edition (web master) epub

12.How To Get Rich (Money making books) epub

How To locate these books,open our website http:// and look out for these books,the price attached to them are ₦0.00 which means automatic download for you.

Have a happy weekend.
My Regards
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by basilo101: 8:29am On Dec 14, 2013
Sloan:

Where is the money or did you keep money in the pocket of the government? Remember that the republican igbos build their infrastructure and not the government, hence a small government and low taxes >> low IGR! Except you collect money from the oil of Nigeria, you cannot build the bridge? Lagos just built a bridge about the length of the one you are crying for FG, don't you have state governments ni? I just want that bridge to drop into the Niger overnight (to reduce casualties).
govt build infrasture, we build buisness establishments. If bridges r allowed 2 be built by individuals n and any amount imposed without govt interference u wud hv seen uncountable numba of bridges crossing d Niger. 4 example, in housing, u cnt see all those nönesese houses u c in oda places hia in SE. D bridge in question connects SE and SE so FG must do it. If we had a soverign govt we wud hv made laws allowing individuals 2 build bridges, roads etc. Rememeba SE was d first 2 build a private university (MADONNA). Jst watch and see hw SE will be d 1st 2 hv stable power

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by squaddy(m): 8:31am On Dec 14, 2013
What the phuck is wrong with these south westerners?? Must u always jump at any chance to show your beastly nature?...u guys are worse than the colonial masters...hating your fellow country men just cause they are far better off despite all your post civil war antics to suppress them....keep your phucking opinion to yourselves poo hole...better go get a life and see if you can make something out of your miserable selves instead of making tribalistic remarks at every chance you get...Gosh!!!...what a race of nitwits

4 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by BigBen10: 8:31am On Dec 14, 2013
geeez: I think Amosun and Fashola better act fast

Afterall people that cross the bridge every Christmas pay their taxes in Lagos and Ogun

#Team2NB
lol.smh.lol fashola and amosun should fix a FG bridge? Lol
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:33am On Dec 14, 2013
gratiaeo:
I think Lagos Lagos third mainland bridge should be their top priority.
Third Mainland Bridge is already in existence. We are talking of the Fouth Mainland Bridge that the LASG has started.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 14, 2013
kel4soft:

The Niger Bridge, is it more than 2km? The bridges I stated here comebine is more than 15km in lenghth and most of them lies in swampy areas covering 42km ( Andon-Opobo axis plus sand filling 30km) Including Okrika. Is more than the budget of your Niger Bridge.

Enough said.

Do you know how high the bridge is? Not to talk of the traffic it takes daily
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by borntobegr8t(m): 8:38am On Dec 14, 2013
The title of this film, i mean thread na TRIBALIST PARADISE

Chilling wit my popcorn ..this film go sweet grin

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by evantical: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2013
If I may ask, apart from federal govt, which state will be regarded as the owner of this Niger brigde ?Delta or Anambra.

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2013
Like seriously, the bridge got cracks already. . .

Meanwhile. . If you are not on this thread you are misssing out BIG time; Even Oga Seun is there! cheesy

www.nairaland.com/1554419/nairaland-think-sing

#TeamGOM
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 14, 2013
evantical: If I may ask, apart from federal govt, which state will be regarded as the owner this Niger brigde ?Delta or Anambra.
None of them!

#TeamGOM
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by evantical: 8:41am On Dec 14, 2013
If I may ask, apart from federal govt, which state will be regarded as the owner this Niger brigde ?Delta or Anambra.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Abagworo(m): 8:41am On Dec 14, 2013
I would like most people criticizing Igbos and accusing them falsely are themselves tribal jingoists. It is only when it comes to Igbos that the negative voices are taken serious. I'm an Igbo man and I've always supported progressive ideology even though I belong to no political party. I'm the hardest core supporter of Amaechi and Rochas right from when they were in APGA and PDP till this day they've found themselves in APC.

Rochas is the only Igbo leader that can think about Igbos working together to build that bridge and not beg but he's been attacked by his fellow Igbos like Peter Obi and. Theodore Orji just because of jealousy that he's more likeable than them. If Ngige wasn't rigged out in this last election, people would have seen what its like when 2 brothers co-operate to achieve. Rochas has already built like 5 short bridges in Owerri alone that I've seen. 4 across Nworie river and one across Otamiri river.

3 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Taiwo20(m): 8:42am On Dec 14, 2013
citizenY: It is just not fair. Is it not possible to do some remedial repairs? Posterity will not forgive Governments, past and present if any disaster occurs. For God's sake what is wrong with this country?

To tell you the truth, I reall don't know
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 14, 2013
4 una tiny mind, una get hope 4 naija. Una de waste una time. The country doesnt giv a hoot bout u. They are only interested in satisfyin their greedy, selfish and stupid purses

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by basilo101: 8:44am On Dec 14, 2013
evantical: If I may ask, apart from federal govt, which state will be regarded as the owner of this Niger brigde ?Delta or Anambra.
dats d point most ppl r missing. Fashola and amaechi cn build bridges in dia states wit billions of dollars bt a bridge connecting two geopolitical zones must be built by FG even if it costs one naira
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by rusher14: 8:44am On Dec 14, 2013
Tony Spike:

I think something is wrong somewhere. I don't think the Asaba-Onitsha link bridge should be even up to 3 km. I have google map layouts of the Ikoyi-Lekki link bridge and the current Asaba-Onitsha link bridge. Infact, I am posting them right-away below this comment. These two bridges are approximately 1.3 km in length. If we should add the peripheral roads linking these bridges, then we could say they are around 4 km or so in length.

That said, the FG needs to show us the design layout for the proposed Asaba-Onitsha bridge that brings the total span to 12.4 km. I need to be convinced...

Tony be careful!!!

Why do you want to spoil some people's market using science and stuff?

It is an approximation + or - a few metres!

Again, Be careful!!

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 14, 2013
basilo101: Cn u imagine, make d bridge fall na. A massive bridge connecting two geopolitcal zönes, n sm fools who dnt travel r talking nonesense. Get it into ur head, d bridge is half SE half SS. It must be done by FG.

Basilo, who is benefiting more from the bridge? Who are most industrous people in the world? I hope I have answered your question!
The igbos should hold their leaders responsiblefor all the insults they are getting left, right and center! If u cannot hold urleaders accountable then very soon there would be no reason to go homefor christmas. Think home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by 01mcfadden(m): 8:50am On Dec 14, 2013
I'm a Nigerian,i'm from the south-eastern part of the country. I have pronised not to enage in e-abuse with anybody that attack my tribe because i have learnt to tolerate anybody not regarding their ill-mannered comments.
Some are very good in taking paracetamol for another man's headache. I went through all these comments and i realised that some are just waiting on any thread that have anything to do with their hated brothers/sisters just to gnash their teeth on them
Enough said!
Last bullet-dnt even quote me,i wont reply you.
I have grown to accept anybody with his/her view no matter how scathing they appear!

4 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by oduaboy1: 8:58am On Dec 14, 2013
squaddy: What the phuck is wrong with these south westerners?? Must u always jump at any chance to show your beastly nature?...u guys are worse than the colonial masters...hating your fellow country men just cause they are far better off despite all your post civil war antics to suppress them....keep your phucking opinion to yourselves poo hole...better go get a life and see if you can make something out of your miserable selves instead of making tribalistic remarks at every chance you get...Gosh!!!...what a race of nitwits
Ibos are always better than everybody,yet your people are the ones begging for a 2km bridge for the past 30 years whereas fashola built the best bridge in west africa within a time frame of 3 years.
Coporate almajiris!!!

11 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by StevePenninho(m): 8:58am On Dec 14, 2013
slimthugchimee: K
And wat is dz one saying
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by chucky234(m): 9:02am On Dec 14, 2013
agbameta:

In fact, we want them to hand it over for proper care and maintenance just like we snatched Ikorodu road way from their incompetent hands, Badagry express is another good example. We don't sit around and cry and beg like destitutes for handouts.

Saying you are not going to lift a finger even if your own people perish on that bridge says alot about you people and your inhumane and anti social ways...

Badagry exp-way? I laugh in Swahili,that road has since become a burden to Lagosians.
I pity my SE bros and sis sha, eeya no Xmas groove next year.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by pendy79: 9:03am On Dec 14, 2013
I don't think something is wrong somewhere. I don't think the Asaba-Onitsha link bridge should be even up to 3 km. I have google map layouts of the Ikoyi-Lekki link bridge and the current Asaba-Onitsha link bridge. Infact, I am posting them right-away below this comment. These two bridges are approximately 1.3 km in length. If we should add the peripheral roads linking these bridges, then we could say they are around 4 km or so in length.

That said, the FG needs to show us the design layout for the proposed Asaba-Onitsha bridge that brings the total span to 12.4 km. I need to be convinced...

Bro.I wonder from where they intend to start the bridge from that made it 12.4km. The present bridge is less than 3km and the second crossing on the river niger at patani in delta state is equally less than 3km. 12.4km for 2NB hmmmmmmmm. Maybe the bridge head will start from Agbor and not Asaba again.

3 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by juman(m): 9:03am On Dec 14, 2013
They should forget about the ineffective federal government.

Their governors should approach China to build the bridge for them.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by ba7man(m): 9:04am On Dec 14, 2013
basilo101:
dats d point most ppl r missing. Fashola and amaechi cn build bridges in dia states wit billions of dollars bt a bridge connecting two geopolitical zones must be built by FG even if it costs one naira
I strongly disagree. Who needs the bridge the most??

That's right, "The people".

Anambra and Delta (which is a rich state) can team up to fund its construction.

It should be Tolled upon its completion and both states can share the revenue generated.

This way, it will generate revenue for both states till kingdom come.

2 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2013
My point is, if u say its a se-ss bridge, everybody knows d igbos are benefitting more from that bridge hence theyhave been the ones crying for bridge so it is impossible for a ss state to partner wiv the se to build that bridge. What are their people really benefitting from that bridge? How many of theirpeople are outside their zone? I just think if the s.e. Governors have their people in mind, they should close theireyes and just do it! Perhaps toll it to! Waiting for government is a long thing! When jonathan is campaigning again, he would saythe same thing and he won't do nather!!!!!!!!!!! Be wise and be fast cus this country no even sure by 2015

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by FreeGlobe(f): 9:08am On Dec 14, 2013
agbameta:

1. This is about your crumbling and falling apart village bridge and not Lagos state or Fashola

2. Lagosians are not facing any imminent danger or about to fall off 3MB like your own people back in your village.

3. 3MB just got shot down and maintained unlike your crumbling village bridge.

4. We'll build our own bridge before begging anybody for 30 years like you beggars.

5. Are we begging anybody for 4thMB which groundwork is progressing as we speak? No

6. We did we beg the FG for 30 years for Ikoyi link bridge and the other ones Fashola built, no we did not

7. You are not saying anything because we know how to snatch FG infrastructures away from them and do our own upgrade and maintenance unlike you 30 years begging people.

8. We snatched Ikorodu road and it's undergoing reconstruction and upgrade as we speak.

9. We snatched Badagry EXPRESS and it's set to be the best road in Nigeria @ 10 lanes with metro rail and BRT access, something your generation including the next 10 generations can not duplicate.

You can huff and puff as much as you want, but the joke is still on you because you still don't have a little bridge even after 30 years of begging, Your people are the ones in danger and not Lagosians.

So why didnt you snatch Lagos/Ibadan expressway? Thousands of Lagosians are dying in the Lagos Ibadan expressway, No death has been recorded on Niger bridge yet. Why can't Fashola invest a little of his over 800 billion naira loan to fix that road or even partner with Ibadan governor instead of this crying to Jonathan everyday for neglecting the SW. smh.

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:12am On Dec 14, 2013
basilo101:
If Rotimi Amaechi could dare the FG to leave the construction of the East-West road to the SS governors since they were not making any progress, I see no reason why the SE governors can't construct a second niger bridge, even if it means asking the FG to pay after the construction.

1 Like

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by basilo101: 9:13am On Dec 14, 2013
Abagworo: I would like most people criticizing Igbos and accusing them falsely are themselves tribal jingoists. It is only when it comes to Igbos that the negative voices are taken serious. I'm an Igbo man and I've always supported progressive ideology even though I belong to no political party. I'm the hardest core supporter of Amaechi and Rochas right from when they were in APGA and PDP till this day they've found themselves in APC.

Rochas is the only Igbo leader that can think about Igbos working together to build that bridge and not beg but he's been attacked by his fellow Igbos like Peter Obi and. Theodore Orji just because of jealousy that he's more likeable than them. If Ngige wasn't rigged out in this last election, people would have seen what its like when 2 brothers co-operate to achieve. Rochas has already built like 5 short bridges in Owerri alone that I've seen. 4 across Nworie river and one across Otamiri river.
Lagos-Ibadan express way dat pass tru 3 "progressives" states nko? Didnt we all hear dia crying and beggings to FG. See ur mouth, collaborate n build a bridge dat is half se half ss. Sm of u dnt evn kw dat geopolitical zones r nt recognised by d constitution

2 Likes

Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by ba7man(m): 9:14am On Dec 14, 2013
sandijey: My point is, if u say its a se-ss bridge, everybody knows d igbos are benefitting more from that bridge hence theyhave been the ones crying for bridge so it is impossible for a ss state to partner wiv the se to build that bridge. What are their people really benefitting from that bridge? How many of theirpeople are outside their zone? I just think if the s.e. Governors have their people in mind, they should close theireyes and just do it! Perhaps toll it to! Waiting for government is a long thing! When jonathan is campaigning again, he would saythe same thing and he won't do nather!!!!!!!!!!! Be wise and be fast cus this country no even sure by 2015
You're right, I see your point. Partnership with Delta State isn't viable.

Truely, it should be a strictly S.E project.
Re: “Niger Bridge May Collapse Sooner Than Envisaged” by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 14, 2013
ba7man: You're right, I see your point. Partnership with Delta State isn't viable.

Truely, it should be a strictly S.E project.

Exactly and they need tobe fast about it! You people need to start thinking home! Its because u guys just go home for xmas hence it seems u don't care and the leaders arejust doing anyhow! See how they are justplaying politics wiv a bridge! Tsheeeeeeew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Visit Yola, Adamawa State (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Celebrates His Mother's 90th Birthday (Photos) / 8 Years After, Buhari Completes N2.5 Bn Baro River Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.