Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (52160 Views)

Some Songs Dedicated To Blessed Virgin Mary.....please Add Yours Too! / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Did Blessed Virgin Mary Have Other Children After Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Acidosis(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: smh. Her name is not fatima but Our lady of fatima 'cos she appeared to them in fatima. Understand things!

We are saying the same thing, bro
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by swazee: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2013
hoblot: Did Jesus Christ have brothers or sisters?
What does the Bible say about Mary being a perpetual virgin? How many siblings did Christ have?

Answer:
Yes, the Bible says Jesus Christ had brothers and sisters. When the Jews of Jesus' hometown heard Him speak, they were indignant. Matthew records their contempt for Him, born of familiarity: "Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?" (Matthew 13:55-56

).
Jesus Christ: The Real Story Jesus' neighbors knew His family intimately. From their comments, we know that Mary had four other sons and at least two daughters (because the Bible says "sisters" instead of "sister," we know there were at least two). This also shows that Mary was not a "perpetual virgin."
ur getting it wrong .....in at dat tym there was no exact words and interpretations for relations as cousin anty nephew uncle in law an stuff like dat so brother and sister was like the generic term for relation ....Jesus also said any one dat do the will of my father is my brother and sister .........
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2013
To the catholics:::Is this how you honour Mary by insulting others who doesn't want to agree with you??

To non-catholics:::Is this how you worship Jesus by insulting those who honour Mary + Worship Jesus??

I think there is no need for all these argument and trying to prove your doctrines right,Let's continue with what we believe in,,,Save your arguments till the last Day..

Bless You
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2013
gbrown:
bros there is no need to rain insults on people, we all seek the truth, i was once a catholic, the worship of mother and son dates back to the kingdom of nenevih, nimrod and the mother semiramis are the originators of this practice they even had priest who acted as intermediaries between the people and the sun god, thier are so many things catholics undulged in that are not in conformity with the bible
*catholics pray to Mary to intercede on thier behalf
*catholics pray to saints to intercede on thier behalf
*the Roman catholic bible contains the apocryphal which is not included in the king James version
*catholics believe in purgatory
my beloved brother, i have moved with seminarians and priest believe me they are very human, i dont want to go into gory details,
bros,whichever way you look at it, it,s wrong to worship or pray to Mary, i,ll suggest you research on d ancient worship of the sun god by the Romans you will see striking similaritie,
finally, my bros, lets look up to Christ the author and finisher of our faith, it,s not every doctrine we accept it must be bible compliant, may the peace of the lord be with you, i guess u wanna know if i honour Mary?yes i do so in my own unique way, i say thank u lord for Mary who was found worthy if not for her mankind would have been lost, bros it ends there, i will never worship or pray to Mary that,s idolatry it,s unscriptural
Do a little research dear king james version used to have apocrypha.
Beside it is not an obligation to use KJV
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by abbey621(m): 8:12am On Dec 17, 2013
Drizzyjusti: Nope God sent his son Jesus BUT Jesus is also God..read Genesis 1:1 In the begining was the word(Jesus) and the word was with God,and the word was God

It's people like you that makes Christianity seem like a joke! You offer no proof and yet somehow in your twisted mind you equate Jesus as the word and him ultimately being God. Stop spreading nonsense and get some education!
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by DEGREE2466(m): 8:12am On Dec 17, 2013
1. JESUS IS GOD

2. MARY IF THE MOTHER OF GOD

3. WE HONOUR AND NOT WORSHIP MARY

4. BELIEVE IT OR LEAVE IT.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by barcaboi(m): 8:12am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly OP am really sorry for my insultive words,May God forgive us all,Secondly @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response
I'm not a catholic bt I can defend dat.....we have God d father, God d son & God d holy spirit.....Jesus is God d son meaning Mary,who is Jesus' mother is also the mother of God d son
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by barcaboi(m): 8:13am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: Firstly OP am really sorry for my insultive words,May God forgive us all,Secondly @jenmaucy am not trying to oppose ur belief but Mary was only refered to as Blessed during the pregnancy of Christ,immediately after Christ Birth she was called blessed Mary again,after Jesus birth mary was less significant in the bible,the main reason she was refer to as blessed was because she was chosen to carry Jesus outta million Lady,check ur bible to confirm that.Thirdly why do catholic refer to marry as mother of God when we clearly know Jesus is not God,even Jesus recognize God in heaven as his father ,check john 3:16 and the lords prayer.Fourthly do you know calling Mary as mother of God is blasphemy? am awaiting ur response
I'm not a catholic bt I can defend dat.....we have God d father, God d son & God d holy spirit.....Jesus is God d son meaning Mary,who is Jesus' mother is also the mother of God d son
Comprehende?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by ibrutex(m): 8:13am On Dec 17, 2013
Empredboy: U dnt knw d bible. Jesus is God n dats y catholic cald mary mother of God. John 1:1

If jesus is God as u claim, and mary gave birth to him at a certain period. It means mary and quiet numbers of people are living before his birth (if i'm right) .. Where was he before his own birth? And which God has been on the thrown before Jesus birth ...........stop reasoning with your nose DUMB A$$
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by jameskan: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2013
i what to ask all the Catholics, are you all saying that its only virgin Mary is the only virgin n the righteous person that time that's not true, she's not, she is privilege to be the one chosen doesn't call for worshiping her. an idol is an idol. non-catholic respect her but not to worship her or ask her to pray for you.
there are other virgin and righteous women then, GOD cannot use all of them the same time.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 8:17am On Dec 17, 2013
kardinalz:
nah d song u dey sing,roger dat
Just the way you've been singing all the psalms wink
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by evangmx(m): 8:18am On Dec 17, 2013
In all Jesus teaching he never teach about his mother all he taught about is his father. My father who hart in heaven allow be thy name. Not his mother catholics dont make dat mistake again cone and worship d father(GOD) thru d son(JESUS)
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by victorlexa(m): 8:18am On Dec 17, 2013
FrancisTony: lier! It's pentecostals and church of england(anglican) does gay marriage.
so y iz der increasing number of gay catholic priests?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 17, 2013
fijiano202: In the Oxford Dictionary Advance Learner,Honour means great respect and admiration for somebody While Worship means the pratice of showing respect for God or a god by saying prayers,singing with others etc.my question is CATHOLIES With this defination do you WORSHIP OR HONOUR Mary
nice definition by oxford. And u still honour ur mum and dad. Is that not worship too? I know ur hypocritical nature wont allow u to answer this. *grin*
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by SalC: 8:20am On Dec 17, 2013
jameskan: i what to ask all the Catholics, are you all saying that its only virgin Mary is the only virgin n the righteous person that time that's not true, she's not, she is privilege to be the one chosen doesn't call for worshiping her. an idol is an idol. non-catholic respect her but not to worship her or ask her to pray for you.
there are other virgin and righteous women then, GOD cannot use all of them the same time.
If you followed this thread well, I clearly stated there were thousands of virgins in her time but God favoured her among them therefore we honour her and rejoice with her for being the chosen.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 17, 2013
victorlexa: so y iz der increasing number of gay catholic priests?
for were u hear am. Any gay catholic priest will be sent out by pope 'cos dey are nt even allowed to marry woman talkless of Men. Just smh
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Youngzedd(m): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2013
DEGREE2466: 1. JESUS IS GOD

2. MARY IF THE MOTHER OF GOD

3. WE HONOUR AND NOT WORSHIP MARY

4. BELIEVE IT OR LEAVE IT.

Pls stop insulting the capital G God.
Marry isn't God's Mother.
Marry is a mortal being like you and me.

Try and live a holy life and God will definitely use you.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Michaeljude212: 8:23am On Dec 17, 2013
You are not a fool but a fool is better than you. What do you know about catholic and angels?
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by swazee: 8:26am On Dec 17, 2013
Akuneshiobike: This Catholic people and their Mary amuses me sometimes. I dont know why this guys should allow themselves to be deceived by such an irritating doctrines of honouring Mary instead of God as the holy Bible instructed, believing in pulgatory, which nothing of such is written in the Bible, bowing down to an image made of just sand and cement which the Bible restricted us in one of God's commandment not to. Any church that goes against what God's scripture says is an ANTI-CHRIST church. I owe no apology to that.
first of all we don't to Mary statue dat is very wrong any Catholic doing dat must b very ignorant.. we only bow to crucifix ...not just a cross o but crucifix .....do u remember when d people of Israel offened God and were bitten by snakes ....wat did God instruct moses to do .......to make a bronze serpent and hang it on a stick (signifies jesus death on the cross) anyone who looked at d bronze serpent was healed.......and let me ask u was dat idolatry (I hope u answer)......now dat is wat the crucifix represents anyone hu looks at it with faith will b healed ..tnx

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Groundzero1: 8:27am On Dec 17, 2013
Dear Pastor,let's stop talking with full ignorance and talk academics here with facts. The catholic church is over 300years older than the bible we all read today. The catholic church gave the world the book that is called the bible. It was at the last council of Cathage held in 418AD presided over St.Augustine that Pope Gregory signed these compilations of books into law and from thence henceforth,it became a Christain archive.

When Martin Luther King,the father of Penticostalism,a German,that formed The Lutherian Church,felt the holy spirit was upon him,he altered some versions and books in the complete bible. He argued mathematically(stupidly) that the Glory of God had departed from Israel as of the time he calculated with his miniature brains the books of Meccabees,Tobith etc was written. He sited the birth of Eckabod in the bible,that means the Glory of God had departed from Israel. The scripture said of God,My spirit shall Never depart from you,o Israel until the end of time. To cut this long story short,When Martin Luther King wanted to die,while on his dying bed,he made a remark that was in record ..OH,MY GOD,FORGIVE ME FOR I HAVE MISLEAD MANY. These were men that twisted the word of the scripture to suite their life styles. They omitted the Purgatory aspect of the Bible and many other things. That is why when people especially some of these uninformed pastors and their ardent followers say things like The Catholics don't read the bible,I wonder their level of ignorance. Or when they say THESE ONE IS A CATHOLIC BILBLE. I laugh at such wave of ignorance. Both the bible your pastors use in the church and the one you put under your pillow are Catholic product. It was St.Jerome of the Catholic extraction that compiled the bible from Genesis unto Revelation and Guthenberg,the German Printer,printed the bible in his factory,a Catholic. So,I wonder,who is the greatest and who understands the bible better? The builder or the house built?

Many good number of these Protestant church's doesn't even know the origin of these things they read and call bible. It took the Mother church over 300years to compile,edit,proof read,harness,omit and suggest before we signed into law and today you can boost that St.Paul said this and Timothy and Revelation said these and that without even knowing who took sleepless nights to bring these together.

Finally,Jesus Christ is God. For the sake of clarity,God is not a Name. It's an office these Supreme beings occupy. That's the English word that many of us don't understand. When you say THE PRESIDENCY SAID....It's either Ruben Abati,Pius Anyim,Arch Namadi Sambo etc. that's the office they occupy.The Presidency. The God persons are enclaved in the word.. THE BLESSED TRINITY. THREE IN ONE GOD. A mystery that is beyond your comprehension. For instance,a man begets a man. A lion begets a lion. My names is not a man. My Dad begot me. My Dad is a man and begot me,a man. My own name is Nonso. God begets a God. His name is Jesus. The personality they assume is called God just as the personality we assume is called humans. Ok now,more clearly put,am an Igbo man. The word,God, in my dialect spells CHINEKE. It means The CREATOR. Did Jesus not creat together with God the Father? He did...let's creat man in our image after our own likeness. The scripture all said of Christ THERE WAS NOTHING CREATED THAT WAS NOT CREATED THROUGH HIM. If through him all things were created,then he is a creator in it's entirety and hence,CHINEKE comes to pre-intimacy. I don't know your local names you call God. You can go through it and see.

So,the word God,doesnt mean a name. It's just an office they occupy and Christ and the holy Spirit occupy these office. However,there are three distinctive aspect to their personalities. God the Father is the greatest. God the Son(Jesus) is co-eternal with the Father,co-Majesty with the Father but not Co-equal with the Father. That's the simple analogy. That's why we call the former,Father and the later,Son. It means you can Majestically worship Christ because He is God..Co-Majesty. They are co-eternal because Christ will live forever as God...Co-eternal but they are not Co-equal because one is Father and the other Son.

I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Expsbterror(m): 8:27am On Dec 17, 2013
Macelliot: People kept saying that, 'Catholics are worshipping Virgin Mary,' but I wants to prove them wrong.
* Firstly, we 'Catholics' are not worshipping Virgin mary, but instead, honouring her.
* Secondly, the holy bible made us to know in Luke 1:26-31 that the Arch-angel Gabriel visited Virgin Mary and greeted her saying, "you are full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed in the fruit of your worm, Jesus." Please, which woman again in this world can an Angel greet with such respect. Angel Gabriel honoured Mary, because He delivered the message from GOD. so who are you not to honour her? Are you greater than an Angel of GOD?
* Can Jesus Christ dwell in an unholy body? No ofcourse! She(Mary) is the only woman whom GOD has choosen.
* In Revelation 12:1-18, there was a woman who was clothed by the Sun, the moon under her feet and twelve star as a crown. She was about to deliver a Son and the pain at child birth made her cry. There appeared a dragon, who wanted to kill her, but fail. At that time the Archangel Michael fought the dragon and defeat the it. What I wanted to bring out here is that during the birth of Jesus Christ. King Herod wanted to kill Jesus by killing all the children atleast 2yrs, thinking He kill Jesus, but He failed.
* Last, but not the least. Blessed Virgin Mary was Clothed by the Sun, the moon as foot-mat and 12 stars as crown. Waoh! That's great! Anybody that condems Catholics by saying we are worshipping Mary is so jealous, [s]because no woman in that person's generations or generations to come, even grand, great, great-great-great-great-great-great-grand mother of that person combined together[/s] is as great as Blessed Virgin Mary.
We 'Catholics.' Our doctrines lies on mysterious teachings.' where ignorance, fools, pharisees and sadducees people can never understand. JESUS CHRIST teaches in parable, even His diciple couldn't understand Him, unless He explains it like ABC. So that is how Catholics are. You will keep on condeming Catholics until you know their mysterious teachings, then you will understand clearly. Thanks.

Dis has bin sum issue dat actually lead to d early segregation of d catholic church. Which led to several denominations such as d 'protestants' et al. The Protestants wr dose dat started noticing certain flaws in d church nd began to protest about it hence dia name.
There is sumfin as ADUlTs dat we should b able to analyse. As we grow so does our brain evolve, given us d ability to explore,analyse,perceive nd jst begin to exhibit sum characteristics which helps us understand dis world.
Nw yu whr a born catholic nd u hv bin used to several doctrines from childhood bt as we grow nd if truly nt d Lazy type, we shld b able to read wateva holy book is attached to our religion so well dat with d assistance of God to help interpret. With dis we wnt b mislead or confused.
Nw u guys say u honour nd not worship Holy mary. Den why is it dat wen catholics pray, dy initialise her to help dem pray along side ha statue which has bin placed at various sacred spot nd well furnished wid people gathering around it and earnestly praying nd crying to her to help them pray.. Eg in holy ghost enugu,elele in PH nd other places. Where is the SON? Who actually did d cleansing nd washing of our sins and said as he gave up d ghost "it is finished". Nd as he died the curtain of d temple tore into 2. Giving who so ever believeth in HIM nw has a DiRECT access to God rather dan tru d priest den dat only had access to God.. Jesus died and broke dat barrier so dat even on d ocean floor, wans u close ur eyes in ur heart of heart and pray with FAITH, ur prayers wld b answered.
Before sins would be forgiven y'all hv to go to confess dem to sum priest nd until he says u r 4given, u dnt have rest of mind?

Comon nw, we r nw grown ups.

NB: nw mandela is late nd a statue was built to honour him ryt? Nw if or wen a person or ppl gather around d statue nd start praying or asking d statue to help dem in certain endeavours,please what is such act called? Ans = Worship.
Be not deceived God is not to be mocked.

D fact dat d doctrine have spoon fed all dosent restrict u to nw intensively look into d gospel nd choose ur faith.

For me I dnt believe in religion rather I believe in God,his trinity nd his WORD.

Fnks

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by seansifo(m): 8:31am On Dec 17, 2013
This thread is becoming more interesting. First and foremost, who is a Christian? is Christianity a religion? what is a church? is it a building? What's the purpose of Jesus Christ coming to earth?

TO THE CATHOLIC, no one comes to the Father except through me (JESUS) not through mary, non through "father" I wait answers to the questions above. Thank you
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Preshochyx(m): 8:32am On Dec 17, 2013
"blessed in the fruit of
your worm" na wa oh
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by dozai: 8:33am On Dec 17, 2013
tobillionaire: she was a virgin b4 she gave birth to Jesus... BT after d birth of Jesus Christ,, she's no more a virgin... abi she no born 4 Jesus no God can use anybody, our body is d temple of d living god.. js make urself a living sacrifice, holy, touch not d unclean finz
Now u have lied, ill prove you wrong. I know where u will quote from, but u are wrong[b].Mark 6:3[/b] " Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.” and Matthew 13:55 “Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary? And his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?” The scripture is for all to be read. Pray that the Holy Spirit leads you to the places where the truth will be revealed to you.
In the original Greek the words used are adelphoi (“brethren”) and adelphe(“sisters”). The words adelphoi and adelphe can refer to actual siblings. However,the Bible also uses these words to describe people who are not brothers, but cousins or relatives or step brothers or close neighbors.
Going further..... The scripture described Abraham as Lots brother but in actual LOT was the nephew. Gen. 11:27 “Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; andHaran begat LOT.”

Now let me hit the mace on the head. During the crucifixion, There were three women at the foot of the Cross: 1) the Blessed Virgin Mary (the mother of Jesus); 2) Mary the wife of Cleophas (who is said to be the Blessed Virgin Mary’s sister); and 3) Mary Magdalene.
John 19:25 “Now there stood by the cross of Jesus [1] his mother, and [2] his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and [3] Mary Magdalene.”
Mary, the wife of Cleophas, is also described as “the other Mary” in Matthew 28:1. The Bible tells us that James and Joses are the children of this Mary:
Matthew 27:56 “Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedees children.”
Thus, James and Joses (who are called the “brothers” of Jesus) are not His siblings, but at least His cousins. However, they are probably not even first cousins. This is because Mary of Cleophas (the mother of James and Joses), who is said to be the “sister” of Jesus’ mother (John 19:25), is also named Mary. It’s extremely unlikely that two siblings in a Hebrew family would be given the same name. Most likely they were not sisters, but members of the same clan who were called “sisters” in the same way that James, Joses, Simon [/b]and [b]Judas were called “brothers” of Jesus. All of this shows that none of the statements in the Bible about the brothers and sisters of Jesus disproves, in any way, the perpetual virginity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Now we must look at the proof that Mary had no other children and that she was perpetually a virgin.

JOHN 19:26 PROVES THAT MARY HAD NO CHILDREN BESIDES JESUS
While dying on the Cross, Jesus entrusts His mother to the care of St. John the Apostle.
John 19:26-27 “When Jesus therefore had seen his mother and the disciple standing whom he loved, he saith to his mother: Woman, behold thy son. After that, he saith to the disciple: Behold thy mother. And from that hour, the disciple [John] took her to his own.”

Sorry for taking much of your time. But let the right spirit lead you.

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by fijiano202(m): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2013
emecheboy2: My catholic brethren please I want you guys to stop arguing with all these our pentecostal brethren because you cannot compare a universal church that has gone through persecution, sanctification and purification for more than 2000 years to a church that is barely 60 years. A church with celebrated saints and religious martyrs compared to those that have none. Do they know that the catholic church design the church calender worldwide for others to follow. If there churches can do it, let them change 2014 Easter Sunday from April 20th.
Please and please you guys have nothing to prove to pentecostals because you make the rules.
T
sharap catholies didnt invent the calander,the first calender was created by Romolus the first king of Rome 753 BC and later recontructed by Julian Caesar 45BC which 365 days which the christians where using before Pope Gregory readjusted Julian Caesar calander cos there was an error of 1 day in every 128yrs
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 8:35am On Dec 17, 2013
ALEXIS0240: all this religious extremist talking rubbish.guy anything outside the bible that is not in line with jesus is trash.no one comes through to the father but through me.of what use is it honouring mary.guy let salvation be your target.leave all this earthly debates.
I understand, but know the truth and the truth shall set u free.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Bukingg2: 8:35am On Dec 17, 2013
haven't you read in your bible that its a sin for women to be a priest, I know soon enough your guy will @ penticostal will adopt gay marriage and tell us is love
99cent: Bitter Truth about Blessed Virgin Mary

1. Virgin Mary was a young GIRL. she wasn't a woman by today's standards. She was no older than 14 yrs old according to historical documents. In fact, she was probably around 9 yrs old.

2. The Catholic church is full of crap. They "honor" virgin Mary yet no woman is allowed to become a leader in the Catholic church. dumbasses. how can you honor virgin mary when all you are doing is bowing down to her pictures and images like idolators. "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, so you do onto me" If you want to honor virgin mary, then you will honor women all over the world. instead of just worshipping mary pictures and treating all other women as unworthy of leadership.

catholic church is the only one that does not allow female priests, leaders. Other churches have female pastors etc. those are the churches that truly honor mary and women in general.

Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Macelliot(m): 8:37am On Dec 17, 2013
alotofgrace: catholics!!!
as God use moses rish, he nor enter promise land.
as God love david rish, he nor build d temple.
so the fact that mary gave birth to christ does not qualify her to be worshipped or honoured....i am sure u r against the jewish tradition. so what makes marry more powerful and honourable than the most powerful prophet of the old testament - moses?
mary was only a carrier...or do u know bill gates mom, or dongote's, or warren buffet's, or zuckerberg's?
are u a christian? who do u believe in? do u stand for christ or mary? do u honour 2 gods? was mary a virgin after Christ incidence?
the message? choose ye this day whom you serve...God (Spirit) or a representative image? no offence

.................................................................................................................................................................May GOD HELP US ALL
As ur mother gave birth to u that doesn't qualify u to respect & obey her.
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Ohraybs(m): 8:39am On Dec 17, 2013
Macelliot: People kept saying that, 'Catholics are worshipping Virgin Mary,' but I wants to prove them wrong.
* Firstly, we 'Catholics' are not worshipping Virgin mary, but instead, honouring her.
* Secondly, the holy bible made us to know in Luke 1:26-31 that the Arch-angel Gabriel visited Virgin Mary and greeted her saying, "you are full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed in the fruit of your worm, Jesus." Please, which woman again in this world can an Angel greet with such respect. Angel Gabriel honoured Mary, because He delivered the message from GOD. so who are you not to honour her? Are you greater than an Angel of GOD?
* Can Jesus Christ dwell in an unholy body? No ofcourse! She(Mary) is the only woman whom GOD has choosen.
* In Revelation 12:1-18, there was a woman who was clothed by the Sun, the moon under her feet and twelve star as a crown. She was about to deliver a Son and the pain at child birth made her cry. There appeared a dragon, who wanted to kill her, but fail. At that time the Archangel Michael fought the dragon and defeat the it. What I wanted to bring out here is that during the birth of Jesus Christ. King Herod wanted to kill Jesus by killing all the children atleast 2yrs, thinking He kill Jesus, but He failed.
* Last, but not the least. Blessed Virgin Mary was Clothed by the Sun, the moon as foot-mat and 12 stars as crown. Waoh! That's great! Anybody that condems Catholics by saying we are worshipping Mary is so jealous, [s]because no woman in that person's generations or generations to come, even grand, great, great-great-great-great-great-great-grand mother of that person combined together[/s] is as great as Blessed Virgin Mary.
We 'Catholics.' Our doctrines lies on mysterious teachings.' where ignorance, fools, pharisees and sadducees people can never understand. JESUS CHRIST teaches in parable, even His diciple couldn't understand Him, unless He explains it like ABC. So that is how Catholics are. You will keep on condeming Catholics until you know their mysterious teachings, then you will understand clearly. Thanks.
Chai,am so happy for this oh,pls where ur house dey sef.......
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by kullozone(m): 8:40am On Dec 17, 2013
wel i dnt knw d bible lyk u guys bt i tink sumtin is wrong here...i tink d attention has bn shifted frm God,Jesus nd d Holy Spirit nd placed on mary
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 17, 2013
Ezekiel 44 1-3
Then the man brought me back to the outer gate of the sanctuary, the one facing east, and it was shut. 2 The Lord said to me, “This gate is to remain shut. It must not be opened; no one may enter through it. It is to remain shut because the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered through it. 3 The prince himself is the only one who may sit inside the gateway to eat in the presence of the Lord. He is to enter by way of the portico of the gateway and go out the same way.”

This clearly states that after the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, the purity of the virgin mother was restored. Then again at the foot of the cross in Jn 19; 26When Jesus then saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, "Woman, behold, your son!" 27Then He said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" From that hour the disciple took her into his own household. By your own explanation you will want to say the 'other children' of Mary abandoned their mother for reasons best known to you. On the average I don't bother defending my doctrine and faith but seeing people wallow in ignorance do prompt me to act.

Statues in the church..
I wouldn't want to waste much time or even bring up biblical referrences but I will put forward a case scenario in most PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES today in Nigeria
Charaismatic Choosen go about with the CAUTION REFLECTIVE BEEP JACKET
STICKERS AND BANNERS FROM REDEEMED, SALVATION MINISTRIES, WINNERS, CHRIST EMBASSY and I do hear of testmonies that come from the church members upon placing or wearing these.
Abeg I don tire make una leave CATHOLICS alone. Funny majority of protestants were once BABY CATHOLICS WHO GOT WASHED OFF THEIR FEET. I pray someday they find their true path. Morning friends and may God help us all.

hoblot: Did Jesus Christ have brothers or sisters?
What does the Bible say about Mary being a perpetual virgin? How many siblings did Christ have?

Answer:
Yes, the Bible says Jesus Christ had brothers and sisters. When the Jews of Jesus' hometown heard Him speak, they were indignant. Matthew records their contempt for Him, born of familiarity: "Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?" (Matthew 13:55-56

).
Jesus Christ: The Real Story Jesus' neighbors knew His family intimately. From their comments, we know that Mary had four other sons and at least two daughters (because the Bible says "sisters" instead of "sister," we know there were at least two). This also shows that Mary was not a "perpetual virgin."
Re: Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary by drnoel: 8:43am On Dec 17, 2013
Pastor Olu T: U Catholics never cease to amaze me, who else will always seek justification for what he is doin, cant y'all see that something is wrong somewhere for always seeking justification for worshiping/honoring Mary?
ur type is one of those that lead people to hell unknowingly....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Apostle Ogochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu's 2018 Prophecies / Paul Adefarasin And Wife Pictured With Donald Trump At Daughter's Wedding / Pastor Chris Okafor Blasts Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.