Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Ideas To Study In Turkey. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ideas To Study In Turkey. (13551 Views)

Nigerians In Turkey Please Comment / Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? / Life In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ya is a non speaking country but that doesn't mean there is no English speaking people in the country am schooling in turkey as an undergraduate student and my tuition is very low paying 95thousand naira every semester and my dorm fee is not much so my brother is worth it and les I forget to tell you turkey is a nice place to study and affordable too..
ochallo: It still really bothers me why anyone would want to go and study in a non-english speaking country with a different culture. WHere it would be difficult to communicate with cab drivers, tomato sellers pretty much everybody without a sophisticated education. Even India that claims to be an english speaking country is plagued with that nasty sounding language called Hindi (especially in the north), i can only imagine what a country that doesn't speak english at all would be like.Even the so called teachers in this turkish universities would not be fluent in English and would speak it breaking all the laws of syntax and grammar till it becomes totally meaningless. Nigerians would just pack their things and just go anywhere. If you must travel, go to Ghana, south africa.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by wonlasewonimi: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
Go and study how to murder turkeys.

2 Likes

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2013
Go find something to do kid
wonlasewonimi: Go and study how to murder turkeys.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
I can assure you that people with personal experience can provide you with informations you need far more than that your Google

wonlasewonimi:

When you come online to ask rubbish questions you get shyte answers. Google would provide all his answers. And, asking strangers for ideas of what you want to study demonstrates that you have no grasp of your career.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
Lol
I'd think about that
nnafather: Since it's Turkey, why not study Poultry Science?
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
Right now I'm interested in doing Mechanical Engineering

vislabraye: It depends on what U read @ op. What's ur first degree ? I've never known so much about Turkey.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2013
Calm down bro.

Mechanical engineering

greatestluv4all: You should have a course in mind before now.

abi why be say na we go decide your future for you?
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by justwise(m): 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
@elleven45

If you don't want people to share ideas and ask questions here openly then i will block this thread. Stop asking people for their email addresses, allow conversation to take place here, this is what the forum is all about.

1 Like

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sorry about that, was really wondering why some comments were deleted.

justwise: @elleven45

If you don't want people to share ideas and ask questions here openly then i will block this thread. Stop asking people for their email addresses, allow conversation to take place here, this is what the forum is all about.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by bighead1(m): 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
Where is OP and ik.swiss
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
What's the name of the school?
ik.swiss:
Ya is a non speaking country but that doesn't mean there is no English speaking people in the country am schooling in turkey as an undergraduate student and my tuition is very low paying 95thousand naira every semester and my dorm fee is not much so my brother is worth it and les I forget to tell you turkey is a nice place to study and affordable too..
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
We here
I think METU is a nice school
Just did a bit research about their courses and they offer almost all the engineering courses in English

big head: Where is OP and ik.swiss
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by zabyx: 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
ochallo: It still really bothers me why anyone would want to go and study in a non-english speaking country with a different culture. WHere it would be difficult to communicate with cab drivers, tomato sellers pretty much everybody without a sophisticated education. Even India that claims to be an english speaking country is plagued with that nasty sounding language called Hindi (especially in the north), i can only imagine what a country that doesn't speak english at all would be like.Even the so called teachers in this turkish universities would not be fluent in English and would speak it breaking all the laws of syntax and grammar till it becomes totally meaningless. Nigerians would just pack their things and just go anywhere. If you must travel, go to Ghana, south africa.

Plus the poster doesn't even know what to study, why are you gambling with your destiny,SMH

1. Language barrier isn't all that bad.
Turkish is actually a relatively easy language to learn. Also, you can learn another language and experience another culture in the process.

2. Turkish education is much less expensive than one in Britain or Australia or North America. It's much safer and pleasant than crime-ridden South Africa.

3. A diploma from an accredited Turkish institution, unlike a Ghanaian one, is widely accepted in the West, and by extension, in Nigeria.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
I couldn't have said it better.
It's a very good thing learning another language.

zabyx:

Turkish is actually a relatively easy language to learn. Also, you can learn another language and experience another culture in the process.

2. Turkish education is much less expensive than one in Britain or Australia or North America. It's much safer and pleasant than crime-ridden South Africa.

3. A diploma from an accredited Turkish institution, unlike a Ghanaian one, is widely accepted in the West, and by extension, in Nigeria.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by Somatohadidas(m): 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
You supposed to have decided what to study over there.......and concerning the ret@rded guy dat trolled.....leave him

1 Like

Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by modskiller(m): 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2013
@justwise

Pls what did I do that made u ban me
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by ovo4u(m): 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
God forbid, study in turkey...God pls save my people from this hardship call Nigeria....I hope one day Nigeria will be great, but 4 ur info? even turkish people are running out of their country to study. Nigeria we are too desperate.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by elleven45(m): 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
Remind me again I think I forgot,
Are they running to Nigeria to study?
If not, then allow us to go study where we want.
People rush to Ghana to study and last time I checked Turkish schools are far better than that of Ghanians

ovo4u: God forbid, study in turkey...God pls save my people from this hardship call Nigeria....I hope one day Nigeria will be great, but 4 ur info? even turkish people are running out of their country to study. Nigeria we are too desperate.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by justwise(m): 2:13am On Dec 17, 2013
modskiller: @justwise

Pls what did I do that made u ban me
I banned you?
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by ochallo: 9:18am On Dec 17, 2013
zabyx:

1. As a student, you would be doing yourself a lot of disservice trying to learn another language while studying. Talking from experience, it is not a good idea.

2. What are the chances of getting into an accredited turkish institution and who accepts turkish certificates in the west, would your certificate be written in English or in Turkish.

These weak points are the exact points that would take someone who has not sat down to weigh his options well and ask the right questions out of his country. What exactly are you pursuing and where do you hope to work? We african youths just do things with blind faith and only learn from bad experiences. I am just letting you look at the whole thing from a different angle which you wouldn't have on a normal day.

If you want to learn another language learn madarin chinese, spanish, Arabic or French. Those are languages that can take you over the world, certainly not turkish.
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 17, 2013
vet medicine

what else can you study in turkey
Re: Ideas To Study In Turkey. by zabyx: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
ochallo:

1. As a student, you would be doing yourself a lot of disservice trying to learn another language while studying. Talking from experience, it is not a good idea.

2. What are the chances of getting into an accredited turkish institution and who accepts turkish certificates in the west, would your certificate be written in English or in Turkish.

These weak points are the exact points that would take someone who has not sat down to weigh his options well and ask the right questions out of his country. What exactly are you pursuing and where do you hope to work? We african youths just do things with blind faith and only learn from bad experiences. I am just letting you look at the whole thing from a different angle which you wouldn't have on a normal day.

If you want to learn another language learn madarin chinese, spanish, Arabic or French. Those are languages that can take you over the world, certainly not turkish.

1. Of course, learning a language takes time, but there are also rewards. Most students would spend a semester or two on language alone, if they're not proficient enough to take courses in it.

2. If you're not getting in an accredited institution in the first place, you shouldn't even go. Unless you want to hustle in that country, then in that case Turkey would not be an ideal country to which to go.

Turkish is an important language in its own right. As a major economy, Turkey holds a lot of influence in Southeastern Europe, the Middle East, and East Africa. Also there are many Turkic countries (Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, etc.) which speak very similar languages and are increasingly becoming more important in the global economy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Engulfs A Car In Lagos - Photos / Please I Really Need A Working Visa To Kuwait,oman,bahrian / Ten Differences Between Ghana And Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.