Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,163 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:26 PM

Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) (1652 Views)

See The Difference Between Dating A Boy And Dating A Man / Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age. / 10 Insights You Should Take Steps Into Serious Relationship Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by timmfikk(m): 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2008
Hey Sensible Nairalander's, here we go again, the last time this topic was started i do not know why it was shut down by his honor owner of site!. But young guys and ma'm here comes part two, like i said time without number its not a good thing for a guy or girl below 17 to be in a serious relationship. can you imagine i was at home yesterday a mom jun ior sister showed up and when they where discussing i was acting like i never pay attention until suddenly an issue came up that a babe of 17 years is now 3-4 month pregnant, the worst part of it is that this girl is in j.s.s 3 and the guy who is responsible is in S.S. 1, can you see why we are telling and proving that such an act need to be stopped in our society and such a child should be more serious and concern about what the future will be for them.

Sex is going to end up in everything they have only got to that location between a year and a child is now having a preganct of about 4 months, Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.

Kindly post in your mind jare with good reason
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by annmarien(f): 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2008
ok personally, i cant give an age limit for someone to be able to be in a relationship, cause of different people and their levels of maturity, but i dont think it wise for people,especially girls to get in a relationship below 13yrs of age-especially not anything longterm or serious, they do tend to be vulnerable and somewhat unrealistic at this age(not generalizing) and at that young age, they dont easily grasp and believe that everything changes and there's no guarantee in life, there's no assurance the person you are with would always be as good, and there would be forever for the both of you, besides,if u start dating young, the chances of engaging in something sexual is increased by far, some people can become emotional wrecks and have long lasting traumas, there's a whole lot of negative to talk about so i wouldnt advice people below teen and early teen level to date, i'm 19,never been in a relationship( totally my choice ) due to personal reasons and i am kinda weird so, life is stress free and i love it that way, a bit lonely on a few occasions but its beats unneccessary drama, i would be in 1 eventually- with a dream prince who loves me more and we'd have a happy life together, at least that's what i hope for,
@poster, hope i didnt derail too much from what you asked undecided, SORRY , good topic for discussion though grin
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2008
I'm going to have my first relationship when I turn at least 18/19, don't really see the need in having one before then tongue lipsrsealed

@Timm
Hahaha, good trick, adding the (2) to the titlecheesy
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by HCH3COO: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

I'm going to have my first relationship when I turn at least 18/19, don't really see the need in having one before then tongue lipsrsealed

How much more do you plan to have after the first one
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2008
HCH3COO:

How much more do you plan to have after the first one
Lol, you don't 'plan' for how many boyfriends/girlfriends you will have, it just happens tongue

Hopefully not too many
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by HCH3COO: 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hmm! With the day you worded it. I'm beginning to become suspicious. Put me on the waiting list sha. tongue
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 01, 2008
HCH3COO:

Hmm! With the day you worded it. I'm beginning to become suspicious. Put me on the waiting list sha. tongue
suspicious of kini? tongue

waiting list ke? roflmao
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by HCH3COO: 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2008
i go zip my mouth for now undecided
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2008
hehehehe cheesy
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by tope2000(f): 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2008
As long as there is no sex involved then yeah
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by rampant(f): 10:29pm On Aug 01, 2008
child abuse and their asses needs to be spanked @topic
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by ssRhino: 10:42pm On Aug 01, 2008
Another person pikin, why not, my pikin, no way
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by hotchic1(f): 10:55pm On Aug 01, 2008
The truth is maturity does not necessarily come with age,what matters is for this gurls to know what they are doing and be sure of the fact that they are ready for what they are stepping into because they bear most of the burdens of the unfortunate situations.
Adolescence is a eriod of storm and stress where most people around you don't seems to understand what you are going though and your peer group tends to have more effect on you than any other person.
However,this unwnted pregnancy issue also happens among university student.
Its not about not going into a relationship beforea certain age,you never knw when you are ging to meet your partner,i had my 1st bf @ the age of 15(though i was in SS3) then,i had to breakup after a few months because it wasn't what i wanted.I moved into another relationship when i was 16 and i can't wish for something beter in a guy and we are about taking the relationship to the next level,its not a matter of age.
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by t00cUTE(f): 12:46am On Aug 02, 2008
I STARTED DATING VERY EARLY(LIKE 13YRS), BUT IN MY CASE, I KNEW WAT I WANTED AND NO GUY CUD USE ME.

MY 1ST SEROIUS RELATIONSHIP WAS WEN I WAS 16 & IT STAYED TILL 4YRS. IT JUST CRUMBLED SOME DAYS BACK.

AND THE GOOD THING THAT AS YOUNG AS I WAS, NO MATTER HOW HE TRIED(EVEN IF I FELT SORRY 4 HIM ATIMES, I NEVA HAD SEX. cool
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by NegroNtns(m): 12:58am On Aug 02, 2008
@post,

YES!
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 02, 2008
t00 cUTE:

I STARTED DATING VERY EARLY(LIKE 13YRS), BUT IN MY CASE, I KNEW WAT I WANTED AND NO GUY CUD USE ME.

MY 1ST SEROIUS RELATIONSHIP WAS WEN I WAS 16 & IT STAYED TILL 4YRS. IT JUST CRUMBLED SOME DAYS BACK.

AND THE GOOD THING THAT AS YOUNG AS I WAS, NO MATTER HOW HE TRIED(EVEN IF I FELT SORRY 4 HIM ATIMES, I NEVA HAD SEX. cool

Awwww, so you left the man you were telling us abt? The one that barely says "I LOVE YOU"? eyah pele
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by SamMilla1(m): 1:24am On Aug 02, 2008
t00 cUTE:

GO TELL THAT TO THE BIRDS!

I SUPPOSE YOU ARE THE CUTE GIRL I SAW ON YOUR PROFILE,
AND YOU STARTED AS EARLY AS 13.
THEN TURNED PROFESSIONAL GIRLFRIENDER/DATER AT 16. (STARTED THE SERIOUS ONE AT 16.)

AND YOU NEVER DID IT.

I THINK I HAVE D RIGHT TO DOUBT YOU.
DONT ASK ME WHY.
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by LadyT(f): 1:28am On Aug 02, 2008
@post NO!

Too much heart ache go out and enjoy your friends loff can wait. Plus is sexual temptation. I dont believe those people who claim not to have sex. You do other rubbish! Your hormones are raging and if they are not then Houston we have a problem
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by Hannibal: 1:31am On Aug 02, 2008
hot chic:

The truth is maturity does not necessarily come with age,what matters is for this girls to know what they are doing and be sure of the fact that they are ready for what they are stepping into because they bear most of the burdens of the unfortunate situations.
Adolescence is a eriod of storm and stress where most people around you don't seems to understand what you are going though and your peer group tends to have more effect on you than any other person.
Its not about not going into a relationship beforea certain age,you never knw when you are ging to meet your partner,i had my 1st boyfriend @ the age of 15(though i was in SS3) then,i had to breakup after a few months because it wasn't what i wanted.I moved into another relationship when i was 16 and i can't wish for something beter in a guy and we are about taking the relationship to the next level,its not a matter of age.

I concur, amiga!!!
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by SamMilla1(m): 1:37am On Aug 02, 2008
hot chic:

The truth is maturity does not necessarily come with age,what matters is for this girls to know what they are doing and be sure of the fact that they are ready for what they are stepping into because they bear most of the burdens of the unfortunate situations.
Its not about not going into a relationship beforea certain age,you never knw when you are ging to meet your partner,i had my 1st boyfriend @ the age of 15(though i was in SS3) then,i had to breakup after a few months because it wasn't what i wanted.I moved into another relationship when i was 16 and i can't wish for something beter in a guy and we are about taking the relationship to the next level,its not a matter of age.

I DONT CONCUR.
Having a boyfriend at 15 is not right.
For the fact that you didnt get pregnant doesnt mean you are very smarter than every girl who got pregnant
You were lucky and you were out of control too to think that you were very intelligent at 15
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by Hannibal: 1:40am On Aug 02, 2008
SAM MILLA:

I DONT CONCUR.
Having a boyfriend at 15 is not right.
For the fact that you didnt get pregnant doesnt mean you are very smarter than every girl who got pregnant
You were lucky and you were out of control too to think that you were very intelligent at 15

Whatz wrong with having a boy/f at 15??
Does a relationship equates to UNPROTECTED sex??
You need to slow down.
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by t00cUTE(f): 1:41am On Aug 02, 2008
SAM MILLA:

GO TELL THAT TO THE BIRDS!

I SUPPOSE YOU ARE THE CUTE GIRL I SAW ON YOUR PROFILE,
AND YOU STARTED AS EARLY AS 13.
THEN TURNED PROFESSIONAL GIRLFRIENDER/DATER AT 16. (STARTED THE SERIOUS ONE AT 16.)

AND YOU NEVER DID IT.

I THINK I HAVE D RIGHT TO DOUBT YOU.
DONT ASK ME WHY.

u dont ve 2 believe. tongue
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by Gonorrhea(m): 1:43am On Aug 02, 2008
t00 cUTE:

blah blah blah

boring and yawning!! shocked
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by t00cUTE(f): 1:44am On Aug 02, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Awwww, so you left the man you were telling us about? The one that barely says "I LOVE YOU"? eyah pele

thanks, so big deal, i wasnt 2 hurt, just the time wasted. sad

though he wants me back shocked
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 02, 2008
t00 cUTE:

It's okay baby. It happens embarassed
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by bluesky4(f): 1:46am On Aug 02, 2008
t00 cUTE:

@ too cute
are u nigerian?
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by t00cUTE(f): 1:50am On Aug 02, 2008
blue-sky:

@ too cute
are u nigerian?

yes
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by Studentet: 1:54am On Aug 02, 2008
Nothing wrong with it.

I started having relationships right since primary school.
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by SamMilla1(m): 1:58am On Aug 02, 2008
Studentet:

Nothing wrong with it.

I started having relationships right since primary school.
and you think nothing is wrong with it.
cos there wasnt an unwanted pregnancy.
go play at teh park

blue-sky:

@ too cute
are u nigerian?

nice question
because apparently you think you are addressing the TOGO people.
Hey, we are the good old Nigerians.
The african s smartest.
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by Gabry(f): 2:12am On Aug 02, 2008
Timm,
I dont see it as a problem provided they know whats right and wrong.
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by t00cUTE(f): 3:06am On Aug 02, 2008
nice question
because apparently you think you are addressing the TOGO people.
Hey, we are the good old Nigerians.
The african s smartest.
[quote][/quote]

IS THE PROBLEM COS I SAID I VE BEEN DATIN A GUY FOR 4YRS AND NO SEX.

WATS THE DEAL?

IT WAS A TRUE CONTRIBUTION. SO IF U BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT DOESNT MATTER.

THIS JUST MEANS DERE CAN BE EARLY DATIN, YET NO SEX.
Re: Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age.(2) by hotchic1(f): 2:39pm On Aug 03, 2008
@ Sam milla,
The fact that i didn't get pregnant @ 15 doesn't only boil down to the fact that i am fortunate and if you've taken the pain to read through my post carefully,i never said i was intelligent @ 15 .
Unwanted pregnancy or Teenage pregnancy is a very common mistake nowadays,though mistake cannot be totally avoided,this shouldn't be this common again considering the level of awareness,if you can't abstain,you can alwayz make use of CD and pills.
And besides been in relationship doesn't mean having sex but i guss it have a different meaning to everybody
The fact that people act to be innocent and go about saying i can't start a relationhip now is not what we need,you can go into a relationship provided you know what it entails and you are ready to bear the burden,
According to the poster ,the girl in question is 17 and in Jss3 which means by the time she was 15,she was in JSS1,come to think of it,There are certain things that a 15yr old gurl in ss3 will be more famliar with that she won't and vice versa.
Though luck might have a role to play in this situation,other things are also involve and needs to be considered before jumping into conclusion.

(1) (Reply)

Who Hates Vullgar Chatting!report Here! / How Many Year Are You Suppose To Been In Relationship Before Marriage / What Will You Do If Your Partner Infects You With The Silent Killer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.